Lorry attack(?) at German Christmas market

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Lorry attack(?) at German Christmas market

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:21 pm

it was a load of steel girders for a big building site

A 21-tonne load. Which, for some reason we have still not been informed of, the Polish driver Łukasz Urban was not permitted to unload. He was told to come back the next day. Seventeen days on, there has still been no reliable official public statement as to: 1) exactly where or when Urban was shot; 2) exactly where or when he eventually died*; 3) exactly where or when Anis Amri actually hijacked the lorry, if he ever did. Rumours have been spread, statements have been made and retracted, anonymous "sources" have been quoted off-the-record, often contradicting one another.

Nor have we been informed how Anis Amri managed to manoeuvre a giant 40-tonne articulated lorry around a city he hardly knew, for several miles, in the dark, through busy pre-Christmas traffic, with a 21-tonne load in the back and a dead driver beside him. Those vehicles are not easy to drive. (Did Anis Amri even have a driver's license, of any kind? Could he even drive a car safely? Could he speak even a single word of German? Did he understand German road-signs and the German Highway Code? We still don't know the answer to any of these questions. And remember: Anis Amri had spent at least four of his 24 years in jail.)

The investigative journalist Andreas Hauss is trying very hard, and very bravely, to get some straight answers to the most obvious and pressing questions. Imagine emailing the FBI a few simple questions about Mohammed Atta two weeks after 9/11. Imagine receiving, in quick response, a one-line email asking you where and when they can best reach you by phone.

The whole story stinks. Even the msm are embarrassed by it. The Berlin police got so exasperated at being ordered to shut up that they tweeted a photo of a disgruntled and sceptical-looking cat, with the sarcastic caption "Aus Gründen." ("For reasons.")

https://twitter.com/PolizeiBerlin_E/sta ... 48/photo/1

I don't know if I have the time and energy even to begin to summarise it all here. The spooks have gone to enormous lengths to pin this on Anis Amri (conveniently-deceased, days later, in Italy), but the story keeps changing and we have still seen no evidence whatsoever that he was even in Berlin on the day of the attack.

*"Between 4:30 and 5:30 pm", according to Bild ten days ago, allegedly quoting pathologists. But who the fuck knows, really. Frauke Köhler, spokesperson for the Generalbundesanwalt, said in a press conference a few days ago that Amri had only entered the lorry half-an-hour before the attack, i.e. at about 7:30 pm. She thereby contradicted practically everything those anonymous "sources" had been telling us, via the media, for the last fortnight. This is why Andreas Hauß emailed Köhler's office and got that very prompt, very strange, one-line question in response. Where and when can we best reach you by phone?
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Spiro C. Thiery » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:51 am

MacCruiskeen » Yesterday, 19:21 wrote:Seventeen days on, there has still been no reliable official public statement as to: 1) exactly where or when Urban was shot; 2) exactly where or when he eventually died*; 3) exactly where or when Anis Amri actually hijacked the lorry, if he ever did. Rumours have been spread, statements have been made and retracted, anonymous "sources" have been quoted off-the-record, often contradicting one another.
MacCruiskeen » Yesterday, 19:21 wrote:Nor have we been informed how Anis Amri managed to manoeuvre a giant 40-tonne articulated lorry around a city he hardly knew, for several miles, in the dark, through busy pre-Christmas traffic, with a 21-tonne load in the back and a dead driver beside him.

If you don't know exactly where or when he entered the truck, then you don't know that he had to manoeuvre it around the city for several miles. My personal theory -- regardless of the perpetrator's identity -- is that they simply waited on foot on the corner at the light of the major traffic intersection a few blocks away near Urania and jumped into the cab of the first appealing, big rig that was stopped in the lane headed straight ahead. Then, either shooting the driver or pointing the gun at him and telling him to drive & shooting him once it was in gear, or waiting until he'd driven a few blocks, eventually taking over the wheel and making a beeline for the market.
Urania to Breitscheid.png

https://goo.gl/maps/fBtsJfzpHbz

MacCruiskeen » Yesterday, 19:21 wrote:The spooks have gone to enormous lengths to pin this on Anis Amri (conveniently-deceased, days later, in Italy), but the story keeps changing and we have still seen no evidence whatsoever that he was even in Berlin on the day of the attack.

He was video'd in front of his flat the day of the attack. An earlier report once Amri's photo began to circulate -- based upon a theory that the driver had not been shot until during or after the attack -- took the shape of the story of a final struggle at the wheel (à la Flight 93). That it was indicated subsequently that they are not sure where or when he was shot is the result of the press' having jumped all over and run with the "heroic tale" before it could be verified, making investigators fear what could be egg on their faces.

At any rate, such investigations that involve monolithic obstinate insistence on the way things played out indicate something more problematic than not being able to answer all the details. The fact that a poor eye-witness account led to their being demonstrably wrong about who they thought had done it already would indicate a city-state department under a lot of pressure to solve this while risking ridicule by some of their own local press. I'm no fan of cops, but I don't see much collusion here. Just typical desperation not to look bad mixed in with all your typical bad cop behaviour.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Seeing the world through rose-colored latex.
Spiro C. Thiery

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:05 pm

We're told he entered the square (coming from Hardenbergstraße onto Budapester) at 60(?) kph just behind where the yellow bus is parked. Quite a feat of driving, especially for a non-professional. This is also what that alleged dashcam video purports to show:

https://www.rt.com/news/371317-dashcam- ... in-attack/

How on earth did he manage that? How did he manage to do so little damage?
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby tapitsbo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:14 pm

I've come to greatly appreciate your input on these threads again Mac.

But I'm also convinced that these stories aren't supposed to make sense, especially in places like Germany where the media appears to be much more of a closed shop than we might be used to.

The media coverage seems more like a hostile "fuck you" to populations that are being strongly discouraged from participation in political discussion.

The McDonald's shooting a few months ago in Germany was being filmed as it happened by a natsec-connected journalist, right?

Was anyone ever charged with the bombing of the AfD leader's car during the election?

I've asked a couple Germans about that and they say the story's been buried.

Of course in these sorts of attacks claimed by jihadist groups there is indeed a rush to quickly find a suspect to blame, and paint them as guilty in the press without any transparent investigative process...
tapitsbo

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Spiro wrote:He was video'd in front of his flat the day of the attack.

I don't think so, but correct me if I'm wrong. We were first fed a couple of blurred video stills of him outside a mosque in Moabit (N. Central Berlin) sometime after the attack on the same evening. Then we were told it wasn't him after all.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:33 pm

tapitsbo wrote:The McDonald's shooting a few months ago in Germany was being filmed as it happened by a natsec-connected journalist, right?

That whole case was also deeply weird, but I didn't follow it closely, not least because it was less close to home. People were filmed running away from the McDonald's attack by the daughter of Richard Gutjahr, the journalist who had filmed the Nice lorry attack from his hotel balcony. She just happened to be there in Munich on a break from her studies in the USA, sitting in her grandmother's flat maybe 100 yards away from the scene of the crime. And Gutjahr himself just happened to be driving around Munich at the time, so he reported on both the Nice and the Munich incidents. (I don't know who filmed the shooting itself, but it wasn't Gutjahr.)

Was anyone ever charged with the bombing of the AfD leader's car during the election?

I don't know. I'll try to check it out.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby tapitsbo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:49 pm

Of course I believe figures like Petry are protected by deep state elements as well as targeted by these "near-miss" assassination attempts.

I just brought it up in this thread since attempting to kill leaders of prominent political parties is obvious terrorism yet there's no rush to find suspects in those cases.
tapitsbo

Postby Spiro C. Thiery » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:56 pm

MacCruiskeen » Today, 20:05 wrote:We're told he entered the square (coming from Hardenbergstraße onto Budapester) at 60(?) kph just behind where the yellow bus is parked. Quite a feat of driving, especially for a non-professional.

How on earth did he manage that? How did he manage to do so little damage?

Seems like a less complicated route to negotiate than most.
Hardenberg > Breitscheid.png

https://goo.gl/maps/rFx9rBffyU92

MacCruiskeen » Today, 20:27 wrote:
Spiro wrote:He was video'd in front of his flat the day of the attack.
I don't think so, but correct me if I'm wrong. We were first fed a couple of blurred video stills of him outside a mosque in Moabit (N. Central Berlin) sometime after the attack on the same evening. Then we were told it wasn't him after all.

Could be. I missed the retraction. The article I read had a resident from the apartment above the mosque as having identified him from an earlier encounter, but I've been on holiday, so I didn't even see that dashcam.

I don't know what angle you are looking for here regarding it potentially not being who they say it is. But from the "who benefits" perspective, one thing for sure that the people seem to have little problem with compared to earlier times is more video surveillance in public spaces.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spiro C. Thiery

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Spiro wrote:Seems like a less complicated route to negotiate than most.

Oh please. The point is surely obvious. I'm not calling it "quite a feat of driving" to have driven down Hardenberg onto Budapester! I am calling it "quite a feat of driving" to have steered a huge looooooong heavy vehicle (with which he was not familar) at very high speed through a narrow gap (with bollards every 2.5 meters) -- a feat of driving that required a very sharp wrench to the right followed by an immediate sharp wrench to the left without losing control or slowing down significantly -- and to have come back out onto Budapester Str just a few yards away without having either crashed into the steps around the church or flattened every wooden hut in sight. And then to have exited the vehicle in fine fettle and just taken off on foot, though now minus his ID, his cellphone* and his wallet, and still to have made his way unhindered for four days through four countries including state-of-emergency France.

I'm going to say now that it was not just a feat, it was a literally impossible feat. And that daschcam video* does not show him doing it. It shows a lorry rushing past the market from Hardenbergstr. onto Budapester Str. Either the video is a CGI fake or it shows another lorry entirely. And who fed that film to Bild? (Note the edit, halfway through, btw. Why the edit?)

And again, we have seen no proof whatsoever that Amri was even in Berlin on the day of the attack, much less that he dunnit.

Spiro wrote:I don't know what angle you are looking for here regarding it potentially not being who they say it is.

I'm not "looking for" any "angle". Nearly three weeks on, I am still waiting for the Generalbundesanwaltschaft to come up with an explanation that doesn't insult the intelligence of a budgie. And I'm not the only one who's waiting.

*His cellphone was allegedly found in front of the lorry. His ID (Duldungsbescheinigung) was allegedly found under the driver's seat. FFS.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:08 pm

The parked orange vehicle marks the point where Hardenbergstr. becomes Budapester Str. (It's essentially the same street, taking a very slight curve to the left.) There is no earthly way that Anis Amri drove through that gap between the huts at 60kph without crashing the lorry, especially since he must have hit at least one bollard as well as mounting the pavement.

The Bild "dashcam video" is a fake. The whole story stinks.
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:32 pm

Are we expected to believe that Anis Amri emerged from this vehicle entirely unscathed? Not limping? Not trembling? No injuries, no bruises, no torn clothing, no blood? Nothing that would attract anyone's attention while he stepped out of a lorry that had just caused a massacre, strolled back down the very busy Budapester Straße just as the shops were closing, and set off on his leisurely four-day Grand Tour of Europe? No one saw him go?

Is Anis Amri James fucking Bond? No. Even 007 cannot make himself invisible. Anis Amri has supernatural powers.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby semper occultus » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:35 am

.....I saw reports the lorry had some type of collision-detection sensor thing that shuts down the vehicle thus "saving many lives" ....
semper occultus

Postby chump » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:51 am

http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/2017/01/w ... .html#more

... When the beautiful daughter of an EU politician was brutally raped and drowned by a migrant in Freiburg last year, Tagesschau, the flagship newscast of state TV channel ARD did not report it at all and was forced to justify this two days later. They then called it “only a case of regional interest,” making an even bigger mockery of themselves, because by then even the Washington Post took up the story. Similar things have happened on several similar occasions, and in each case the exposure the story received through social media made these events into running jokes. So, not reporting the news at all will not work any more, and it is time for Plan B: actual, real censorship of social media.

This plan is now in play, with the Merkel régime threatening to heavily fine social media platforms for… “fake news,” of course! The Ministry of the Interior is about to create a Disinformation Defence Center, to battle “fake news.” If you think that it sounds like Orwell’s Ministry of Truth, or the MfS in the old East Germany, that’s because it is. To be located very close to Merkel’s office in Berlin, this center is supposed to “react very fast” to “disinformation” on social media, especially with an eye toward the general election in 2017, because fake news could “influence” said election and avoid the predetermined outcome (by making the voice of the people heard).

How effective this will be remains to be seen. The East German secret police (STASI) can’t be reconstituted overnight, but with full cooperation from Google, Facebook, Twitter and others, who seem ready to succumb to political pressure, the DDC could turn out to be quite effective. It would then become the second most effective part of the German government, after the tax collectors.

Loss of Control
If you take a look at the state of the German national government and its executive from a historical perspective—say, that of the 1990s—it now seems to be in total disarray and an advanced state of decomposition. Take, for example, the terrorist, allegedly responsible for the truck-based terror attack in Berlin in December who was, of course a “refugee.” He was the second suspect, after the first one was found to be “innocent”—just an illegal migrant with nine false identities! He was released, never to be seen again, probably collecting benefits using identity number ten.

The “real” perpetrator was Anis Amri, a Tunisian. He came from a “safe country,” Italy, where he had been sentenced to four years in prison and was released 2015. He had been denied asylum in Italy and in Germany, but deportation had been suspended, because most conveniently he had “lost his papers.” He has had at least fourteen false identities and probably collected benefits under each. He was constantly being observed even as he tried to buy automatic weapons from an undercover agent, then tried to get other Salafists to become suicide bombers. Yet the police saw no reason to arrest and deport this drug dealing, violent criminal and wannabe terrorist.

Even after he killed 12 people in Berlin, he somehow managed to get away. A full day after his attack his mobile was “found” in the cabin of his truck. It then took another day to “find his papers,” in that same cabin of that same truck. One day after that the police “accidentally” announced their intention to make a raid in North Rhine-Westphalia, an easy six-hour drive from Berlin. The press arrived there first and waited for hours for something to happen, but nothing happened because the police screwed up the arrest warrant. So, astonishingly, they did not get him, and the chief of police announced that “he is gone.” During the first two days the police made available a “wanted” poster of the terrorist with his eyes pixelated to—wait for it!—to protect his privacy! Only after Twitter and Facebook took over and released proper photos did they they change theirs, but then used an outdated photo, and put a 100-thousand-Euro bounty on his head. After making some number of detours across several EU borders he was eventually shot dead in Italy by some properly incentivized Italians.

Many people in Germany cannot make up their minds whether to be happy with the death of a terrorist or to call the whole story a pathetic farce/false flag/blunder/fabrication. Or all of the above. It is becoming harder and harder to tell truth from fantasy and incompetence from willful sabotage. But if their orders were to display complete incompetence, the German authorities could not have possibly done a better job.

When once in a while the police do a good job, our traitors in office now consider this to be rogue behavior. During this New Year’s Eve security measures in Cologne and other cities were extreme, in an effort to prevent the mass sexual assaults by migrants that had happened last year. Nevertheless, thousands of Migrants, mostly North Africans, drifted in from all over the country, and even from France and Switzerland, to “celebrate” again with the local women. Many of them where kettled early on by thousands of policemen, but even then the operational command was worried that the situation would again spin out of control. This was a clear case of “reconnaissance through hand-to-hand combat” conducted by the invaders.

The only acknowledgment of these events by German politicians was in the form of a harsh critique over the use of racial profiling against the North Africans. For every problem there is now a diversion, while solutions are not sought after at all. With the press docile and the social media about to be gagged, nobody will be able to ask any hard questions. If something is wrong, then it’s probably because of “Russian hacking,” and if somebody doesn’t like that, then it’s probably “racism.” That ought to be enough to keep everything afloat...

http://www.newsbud.com/2017/01/10/newsb ... ke-berlin/
Newsbud Exclusive- The Anis Amri Timeline: How German Authorities Allowed a Well-Known Terrorist Suspect to Strike Berlin

Berlin Christmas Market Attack Raises Questions About Security Failures

As more details emerge about last month’s Berlin Christmas market attack, German authorities are struggling to explain why they failed to prevent the attack despite knowing full well that Anis Amri was a ticking time bomb...

con'd at NB
chump

Postby Spiro C. Thiery » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:09 am

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschla ... 29777.html
Anschlag in Berlin
Maas kündigt Bericht über Pannen im Fall Amri an
Wie konnte Anis Amri einfach mit einem Lastwagen über den Berliner Weihnachtsmarkt fahren? Justizminister Maas räumt Fehler der Behörden ein und kündigt für die kommenden Tage einen Bericht an.
Freitag, 13.01.2017 10:58 Uhr
Der Attentäter Anis Amri war den Behörden längst bekannt, dennoch wurde der Anschlag vom Berliner Weihnachtsmarkt nicht verhindert. Bundesjustizminister Heiko Maas (SPD) hat jetzt Fehler im Umgang mit dem Gefährder eingeräumt und einen entsprechenden Bericht dazu angekündigt. "Es kann sich nach dem, was da geschehen ist und nach dem, was man mittlerweile weiß, niemand hinsetzen und sagen, es sind keine Fehler gemacht worden", sagte Maas am Donnerstagabend in der ZDF-Sendung "maybrit illner".

Die Fehler würden aufgearbeitet, kündigte Maas an. "Es wird in den nächsten Tagen einen Bericht aller beteiligten Behörden geben, in dem sehr exakt noch einmal dargestellt wird, wer hat wann was gemacht und was entschieden", sagte der Minister. Bei dem Anschlag auf dem Weihnachtsmarkt an der Gedächtniskirche mit einem Lastwagen waren zwölf Menschen ums Leben gekommen.

Amri soll in der salafistischen Szene in Nordrhein-Westfalen eng vernetzt gewesen sein. Der Tunesier war von den Behörden als islamistischer Gefährder eingestuft und in Berlin monatelang durch die Polizei überwacht worden. Nach Beendigung der Observierung konnte er mehrere Wochen vor dem Attentat untertauchen.
Anis Amri

In Deutschland war Amri unter mindestens 14 falschen Namen aufgetreten, sein Fall war allein siebenmal Thema im Gemeinsamen Terrorabwehrzentrum (GTAZ) von Bund und Ländern in Berlin. Konkrete Anschlagspläne konnten die Sicherheitsbehörden ihm jedoch nicht nachweisen. Zudem scheiterte die Abschiebung des abgelehnten Asylbewerbers Amri an fehlenden tunesischen Papieren.

Maas verteidigte die von ihm und Bundesinnenminister Thomas de Maizière (CDU) vorgeschlagenen Verschärfungen im Umgang mit Terrorverdächtigen. Nach dem Anschlag in Berlin sei es notwendig gewesen zu schauen, "ob es gesetzliche Grundlagen gibt, die Behörden auch daran gehindert haben, etwas zu tun". So gebe es bislang "keinen eigenen Haftgrund für Gefährder". Das werde jetzt geändert. Dauernd nach Gesetzesverschärfungen zu rufen sei ebenso falsch wie diese von vornherein auszuschließen, sagte Maas. Gefunden werden müsse "eine vernünftige Mitte".

als/AFP/dpa
Spiro C. Thiery

Postby Spiro C. Thiery » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:20 am

What a load of horseshit this is. Xenophobic immigration paranoia that ignores everything else that fuels the current state of affairs.
Spiro C. Thiery

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion