Strange & Terrible History of the Far Right & High Weirdness

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Strange & Terrible History of the Far Right & High Weird

Postby American Dream » Mon May 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Yes, it's good. It's true that a good chunk will be familiar to seasoned conspiracy investigators but he makes up for that with his discrimination and critical consciousness generally, not to mention his own unique hypotheses, which are extremely valuable too.

operator kos » Mon May 08, 2017 7:53 pm wrote:Well, there's another blog I'm adding to my reading list. Thanks for posting. Mostly stuff I've read elsewhere, but definitely some good new tidbits in there. Took a look at some of their other blog posts and they seem legit.
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:47 am

Fringe: The Strange and Terrible History of the Far Right and High Weirdness Part XI

Welcome to the eleventh in my ongoing examination of the netherworld of the far right and high weirdness. Over the course of this series I've used "high weirdness" as a catchall for a host of arcane topics including UFOs, psi, Tesla weapons, human potential and so on. As for the far right, I've largely examined it through the lens of a host of think tanks costly linked to the American military-industrial complex such as the Committee on the Present Danger Mach I and the American Security Council (ASC).

For those of you just tuning in, here is a rundown of the topics discussed in the prior installments:

part one considered the curious Sikh temple shooting of 2012 and the high weirdness behind the 2016 US presidential election

the second installment considered the strange origins of the military-industrial complex, which included input from curious sources such as Skull and Bones and a group resembling the legendary Majestic 12

with part three I addressed the rise of the far right within the military-industrial complex, which was largely driven by a group of military officers that had served under General Douglas MacArthur in the Pacific Theater of World War II and/or Korea. Many of these military men also had ties to the Roswell incident and would later end up in the American Security Council (ASC)

the fourth installment considered further ties between Roswell and the MacArthur clique as well as my thoughts on what actually happened at the infamous incident

part five addressed the extensive ties between the ASC and the National Investigations Committee on Unexplained Aerial Phenomena (NICAP) as well as the dystopian ideas of Peter Beter, one of the most curious prophets of the far right

with the sixth installment the role the ASC played in spawning the Hangar 18 mythos was considered as well as the organization's patronage of Jacques Vallee, J. Allen Hynek and some of the more esoteric Ufologists

the seventh installment was a bit of a digress, focusing on Werner Erhard's involvement with far right sugar daddy William Penn Patrick and his Leadership Dynamics and the influence both had on what became est

part eight returned to the old ASC network and considered the arcane pursuits of one of its most powerful members, Stefan Possony, Widely regarded as the father of the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI), Possony was deeply involved in research involving UFOs, parapsychology and Tesla weapons throughout his career

the ninth installment considered the ASC's role in spreading the Area 51 mythos via Bob Lazar as well as the alleged membership of the infamous Colonel Michael Aquino in the organization's National Strategy Committee

with the tenth and most recent installment I considered the role a key ASC member played in bringing Colonel John Alexander to the U.S. Army's Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) in the 1980s where he began the Jedi Project, an operation with its origins potentially in Roswell and Project ARTICHOKE revolving around a longtime deep state obsession with creating "supersoldiers."

also of interest is a related blog involving the ties between William Shockley, the inventor of transistor that plays such a key role in Roswell theories, and the Pioneer Fund as well as the strange interests of Sun Myung Moon and his Unification Church

And with that out of the way, let us return to Colonel John Alexander, whose involvement with the far right was only just getting started. In 1988 Alexander officially retired from the military and not long afterwards would find himself involved with a curious organization known as the United States Global Strategy Council (USGSC). And the USGSC just happened to be one of the most powerful outposts of the shadow government during this era. Naturally, it was little addressed at the time and has received even less commentary since it was dissolved some time around 1995. Hopefully this post will change that.

Read at: http://visupview.blogspot.com/2017/06/f ... ry-of.html
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:40 pm

There are too many important links to justify not sending the reader directly to the posts themselves...

Fringe and COG Part I

Colonel John Alexander

http://visupview.blogspot.com/2017/07/f ... art-i.html
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:29 am

Fringe: The Strange Dealings of Bob Bigelow

With the recent bombshell revelations concerning a secret UFO program being run by the Pentagon, I thought the time was right for an update in an ongoing series I've been working on for over a year that I've dubbed "Fringe." It was originally focused on the connections between the far right and a host of arcane topics ranging from UFOs, psi, mind control, Tesla weapons, human potential, the occult and so on. The series thus far has generated over ten installments, plus two appendix, one dealing with the Unification Church of Sun Myung Moon and another (which can be found here and here) focused on the ties between these bizarre topics and a highly classified national security project typically referred to as Continuity of Government (COG).

As such, the reader is strongly advised to check out several of these posts for further background on the present matter at hand.

http://visupview.blogspot.com/2017/12/f ... gelow.html
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:32 pm

Trump Ordered Guantanamo to Stay Open, Now APA to Vote on Overturning Ban on Psychologists at Guantanamo

The American Psychological Association’s Board of Directors and Council Leadership team have endorsed a new agenda item for APA’s upcoming national meeting in early August. Labelled New Business Item (NBI) 35B, the resolution would overturn a 2015 APA decision calling for the removal of all psychologists from Guantanamo, stating psychologists may not work in “settings where persons are held outside of, or in violation of, either International Law…or the US Constitution.”

An exception had been made for non-military or independent psychologists who could treat detainees when “they are working directly for the persons being detained or for an independent third party working to protect human rights.”

The proposed change comes after President Trump issued an executive order in January 2018 reversing President Obama’s stated, but unfulfilled, promise to close Guantanamo. Trump has announced that he intends to send newly captured “terrorists” to the Cuba-based military prison, though none have been sent there as yet.

Psychologist Participation in Torture

The current APA policy prohibiting psychologists from working at Guantanamo followed a series of scandals relating to the participation of psychologists in torture by both the Department of Defense and the Central Intelligence Agency. In August 2017, two CIA contract psychologists, James Mitchell and Bruce Jessen, settled a lawsuit brought by the ACLU on behalf of two CIA torture victims and the family of one CIA detainee who died in custody. The terms of the settlement have been kept confidential.

In 2008, a referendum was first proposed by rank-and-file members of the APA that called for removal of psychologists from Guantanamo and CIA “black sites” where torture and other human rights violations were conducted. APA fought that referendum and delayed its implementation.

But in the aftermath of a 2015 report by an independent investigator, Chicago attorney David Hoffman, which documented numerous contacts between APA officials and DoD and CIA contacts, particularly pertaining to the development of APA’s “Psychologists in National Security” policy, APA fired some officers, and others resigned, while the banning of psychologists at sites like Guantanamo was finally made official APA policy.

This author has contended the Hoffman report soft-pedaled the influence of CIA on APA affairs, noting that David Hoffman previously worked with and still has “limited, occasional contact” with former CIA special counsel, Kenneth J. Levit, and George Tenet, who was CIA director during the time CIA’s “enhanced interrogations” torture program was implemented.

But the loudest criticism of APA and Hoffman came from a number of people named in the Hoffman Report itself, who have sued David Hoffman and APA, contending the report made “false claims,” defamatory statements, and omitted key documents that would show APA officials were not involved in any unethical or illegal activity.

In a February 2018 open letter to APA membership, key members of the lawsuit turned to APA for assistance. “We ask APA members to press the Council and the Board to take control back from the lawyers’ hands, and to bring this painful chapter in the APA’s history to a fair and prompt end,” they wrote.

It would seem that help was already on the way. In August 2017, two members of Division 19, the Society for Military Psychology, a small but influential group within APA, put forward a new resolution meant to undo the banning of psychologists from treating detainees at Guantanamo and similar “illegal” sites.

The authors of the new resolution are Sally Harvey, a past president of the military psychology division, and Carrie Kennedy, Division 19’s representative to APA Council and the former Chief of Behavioral Health Services for detainees at Guantanamo.

Harvey is also a co-mover of another resolution up for consideration at the upcoming APA council meeting next month (NBI 13D). This resolution would remove the Hoffman report from the APA’s website for alleged “inaccuracies.”

Inside APA, there’s some fear of unknown legal repercussions if the report were taken down. The APA’s ad hoc Committee on Legal Issues (COLI), which styles itself the “think tank” for APA’s Board of Directors, has recommended rejecting this particular resolution.

“Outside the Law”

Meanwhile, NBI 35B, the resolution that would bring psychologists back to Guantanamo, has COLI’s support. In a May 25, 2018 letter to the Board, COLI “unanimously” supported the change that would let psychologists treat detainees “held outside of…either International Law…or the US Constitution,” i.e., outside customary legal detention. Some have said“outside the law” itself.

More: https://medium.com/@jeff_kaye/trump-ord ... 8dd905be12
American Dream

Previous

Return to General Discussion