What should The Left do now?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: What should The Left do now?

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:30 am

OP ED » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:06 am wrote:
JackRiddler » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:23 pm wrote:If it were honest, however, the bloody mess on the RIGHT would be about half as big, and the one Trump has promised bigger than either. None so blind as can see, apparently.

What war exactly has Trump promised? It's hard to maintain focus while he blathers incoherent, so I may have missed it. (the competition seemed to be deliberately staging a series of excuses for confrontational encountering with Russia, which would have been unlikely to end well and I frankly find it difficult to imagine a worse geostrategic package)

Also, half as big because of what? What are the parameters for blaming the executive?

(I mean the death rates in Iraq and Afghanistan have slowed significantly, but some of that is because we abandoned half of the territory and they can't be properly accounted anymore and any official number is based on guesswork)

(Is Libya our fault? Which portion of Syria gets counted? What about Lebanon? Covert actions in South America maybe actually increased in the last eight years, but deciding the numbers and who killed whomever is again problematic due to whitewash and blackout. What about Ukraine? Etc)

All good points, I think. Note that I had my usual dyslexic thing and corrected it in the quoted matter. (RIGHT). But yeah, what are the parameters for assigning specific blame? I'd say some cases are obvious, like the engineering of the invasion of Iraq by WMD lies etc. and the decision to start a new one in Libya. Others are automatic and multilateral operation of kill-machinery that runs on its own momentum. The focus on any one part of it can be misleading.

However, what war has Trump promised?

He will cut the head off ISIS and TAKE THEIR OIL.

The take-their-oil war. Repeated statements and presented as campaign platform (see that ad if you still have not). In clarifying, he made clear he would have kept "a group" in Iraq to secure their oil fields. Otherwise constant talk about American weakness and need to massively increase military. And now he's appointed neocons to the command portfolios so rabid that they had been kept at arm's length even by the Bush crew.

I'd also characterize his promises to round up and deport millions, build a wall, and make Mexico pay for it as forms of war.

Overturning the Iran deal (through findings that they are not complying, new provocations, etc. etc.) would be a big step.

And the shift on China has all kinds of idiot risks (the Taiwan call, South China Sea, etc.).

It matters that his style is constantly about bullying the weak, finding enemies, and expressing things in violent and brutal terms. Those who defend him for "straight talk" may come to appreciate the braking effects of "liberal hypocrisy." Or not.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue May 30, 2017 1:25 pm

Ha.

Trump to host fundraiser for Booker

No gods no masters. Booker, just go away forever.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue May 30, 2017 1:36 pm

What should The Left do now?

keep fighting fascist pigs..... their propaganda news sources Fox News/World Nut Daily and der Führer

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue May 30, 2017 5:39 pm

seemslikeadream » Tue May 30, 2017 12:36 pm wrote:What should The Left do now?

keep fighting fascist pigs..... their propaganda news sources Fox News/World Nut Daily and der Führer

Yep, that and fighting for divestment in all things carbon related. Fight to change the way money works, or this civilization has no future.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue May 30, 2017 10:19 pm

Iamwhomiam

Postby Grizzly » Tue May 30, 2017 10:36 pm

good vid... wonder what my State's protocol on 'polystyrene' is?
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Previous

Return to General Discussion