So Is Obummer Going To Pardon Manning Or What?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

So Is Obummer Going To Pardon Manning Or What?

Postby 8bitagent » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:46 am

One of my biggest criticisms against Barry Obama, besides his Bush neocon second term, has been his torturous solitary hell upon Private Chelsea Manning for uncovering mass war crimes of the Bush era. For which Oh-bomb-uh covered up. But the last few days, the mainstream media has been claiming Obama is looking into pardoning Pvt Manning. Ive LONG since said Manning should get Obama's "Novel peace" prize.

The left has turned their backs on hero Julian Assange and wikileaks, but I feel Obama despite all the Bush era evil and death he's causes, could do a snippet of good by releasing a hero like Manning

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obama-ser ... 49740.html
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: So Is Obummer Going To Pardon Manning Or What?

Postby liminalOyster » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:22 am

I've seen a disturbing new trend on the Left wherein Manning is portrayed as having "acted out" (rather than whistle-blown) due to psychological distress over her gender identity. To some degree, Obama can now pardon her and frame it as a compassionate act to assist someone mentally ill. Maybe. I've also seen a number of center-Lefties act as though his use of the Espionage Act is a-ok and Manning deserves to rot and/or die at her own hand as will almost surely happen if not pardoned this week. I won't be surprised either way but I could definitely see, given the current psychodrama all around, that Manning gets pardoned this week in order to acquire Assange.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Grizzly » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Just wanted to take this time to sincerely say, farewell to obummer as well as pedophile Biden.

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/com ... e_patriot/

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:58 pm

Manning is dead.
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby Grizzly » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:28 pm

Manning is dead.

Hahaha.. hell, for all we know Manning, Snowden, Asangue never existed in the first place. It was just the beta version of the simulation. :jumping:
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby brekin » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:39 pm

He's going to choose: What.
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:42 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/us/p ... .html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — President Obama on Tuesday largely commuted the remaining prison sentence of Chelsea Manning, the army intelligence analyst convicted of an enormous 2010 leak that revealed American military and diplomatic activities across the world, disrupted the administration, and made WikiLeaks, the recipient of those disclosures, famous.

The decision by Mr. Obama rescued Ms. Manning, who twice tried to commit suicide last year, from an uncertain future as a transgender woman incarcerated at the male military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kan. She has been jailed for nearly seven years, and her 35-year sentence was by far the longest punishment ever imposed in the United States for a leak conviction.

Now, under the terms of Mr. Obama’s commutation announced by the White House on Tuesday, Ms. Manning is set to be freed on May 17 of this year, rather than in 2045.

The commutation also relieved the Department of Defense of the difficult responsibility of her incarceration as she pushes for treatment for her gender dysphoria — including sex reassignment surgery — that the military has no experience providing.

(more at the link)
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:43 pm

thank you so much for posting this
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:45 pm

You're so welcome! I love Obama for this if nothing else.
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Looks like the answer to the OP's question is a definitive "No."

Curious that Barack Obama wouldn't pardon Manning, because a pardon would mean Manning walks, now. Instead, Obama makes a PR bid that places Manning's fate into the hands of ... the Trump administration. Obama is very consistent, this is the same playbook he was using for the DAPL standoff.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Agreed, Pele'sDaughter, and a relieving reprieve for Manning. And true, W.Rex. Keepin hope alive.
Iamwhomiam

Postby brekin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:12 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:47 pm wrote:Looks like the answer to the OP's question is a definitive "No."

Curious that Barack Obama wouldn't pardon Manning, because a pardon would mean Manning walks, now. Instead, Obama makes a PR bid that places Manning's fate into the hands of ... the Trump administration. Obama is very consistent, this is the same playbook he was using for the DAPL standoff.

Sad to play with someones life. But savvy of Obama, now "I love Wikileaks" Trump is going to have to walk his talk. Wonder what other pranks Obama has in store. Just try and find some tp next week when you've got to wipe your ass in the White House.

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:47 pm wrote:Looks like the answer to the OP's question is a definitive "No."

Yes. Obama is nothing if not "savvy", nothing if not a lawyer. I wonder if Manning will have the strength to get through the next four months.

Hostilities formally ended "at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. [...] On average, 2,250 troops on all sides were dying on the Western Front every day. ‘For God’s sake, Monsieur le Marechal,’ Erzberger pleaded, ‘do not wait for those seventy-two hours. Stop the hostilities this very day.’ The appeal fell on deaf ears. Before the meeting, Foch had described to his staff his intention ‘to pursue the Feldgrauen [field grays, or German soldiers] with a sword at their backs’ to the last minute until an armistice went into effect.

To Pershing the very idea of an armistice was repugnant. ‘Their request is an acknowledgment of weakness and clearly means that the Allies are winning the war,’ he maintained.
http://www.historynet.com/world-war-i-w ... ce-day.htm

And I wonder whether Assange will now feel obliged to make good on his offer. Since Manning has not actually been pardoned, I hope he will not feel obliged deliver himself up in her place to the hell of the US "legal" and prison systems.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby liminalOyster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:40 pm

MacCruiskeen » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:14 pm wrote:I wonder whether Assange will now feel obliged to make good on his offer. Since Manning has not actually been pardoned, I hope he will not feel obliged deliver himself up in her place to the hell of the US "legal" and prison systems.

Assange's original offer used the phrase "clemency."

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/776437869376262144
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:57 pm

liminalOyster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:40 pm wrote:
MacCruiskeen » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:14 pm wrote:I wonder whether Assange will now feel obliged to make good on his offer. Since Manning has not actually been pardoned, I hope he will not feel obliged deliver himself up in her place to the hell of the US "legal" and prison systems.

Assange's original offer used the phrase "clemency."

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/776437869376262144

Damn, it's horrible. Wait now for Assange to called a coward and a liar if he doesn't doesn't walk willingly into the arena.

"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Next

Return to General Discussion