*president trump is seriously dangerous*

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: *president trump is seriously dangerous*

Postby liminalOyster » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:48 am

JackRiddler » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:35 pm wrote:
Luther Blissett » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:22 am wrote:Monitoring /pol/ and various trumpist IRC chats and subreddits has been a real drain on my psyche lately.

The vague classification of threats posed by trump supporters is troubling but I'm still not seeing a whole lot of evidence of mass organization or mobilization, other than in the usual channels where that has always been the mode of operation.

Interesting because the world of mainstream propaganda swirls all around and barely even touches the world of the supporter. Even Rockefeller's death prompted mostly rumors of Soros's health. Only simple tracks.

None of this is novel but it's becoming perceptibly difficult to predict what's going to happen on Saturday here and all around the country.

Uuuuuuuuhhhh... I'm probably missing something I should know, but what is happening on Saturday (March 25)?

Isn't there a #pizzagate demonstration at Lafayette Park? https://voat.co/v/pizzagate/1723509
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:51 pm

JackRiddler » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:35 am wrote:
Luther Blissett » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:22 am wrote:Monitoring /pol/ and various trumpist IRC chats and subreddits has been a real drain on my psyche lately.

The vague classification of threats posed by trump supporters is troubling but I'm still not seeing a whole lot of evidence of mass organization or mobilization, other than in the usual channels where that has always been the mode of operation.

Interesting because the world of mainstream propaganda swirls all around and barely even touches the world of the supporter. Even Rockefeller's death prompted mostly rumors of Soros's health. Only simple tracks.

None of this is novel but it's becoming perceptibly difficult to predict what's going to happen on Saturday here and all around the country.

Uuuuuuuuhhhh... I'm probably missing something I should know, but what is happening on Saturday (March 25)?

It's a nationwide day of MAGA Marches. I'm predicting relatively small numbers given the abysmal turnout at other recent pro-trump rallies, but there's a great deal of "chatter" about it online. I can't tell if it's my physical proximity, but my local showdown seems extra-pointed compared to other cities. With the ready response of local groups REAL Justice, Veterans Against Trump, anarchists and anti-fascists, the trumpists are a bit triggered, invoking based stickman in some kind of chaos magick spell and just threatening outright armed conflict and "Castle" laws (which I've always assumed don't apply during a protest).

There was a big thread on /pol/ last night about a local subway fight and the kiddos were losing their minds, triggered right and left. I almost believe that they are so comically, cartoonishly Chick Comics / afterschool special / Pleasantville / Alex Jones coke shits / Candyman scared of anyplace where people live close together that they'll just stay away en masse. There is a small KKK chapter within city limits but they're quiet right now.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:49 pm

I think this is the thread where the list of dead Russians with some connection to trump is

this was a close one

1. DEFENESTRATION

5 hours ago
Magnitsky Family Lawyer ‘Thrown From Building’
The lawyer representing the family of an anti-Putin-government, anti-corruption attorney who was murdered in prison in 2009 was reportedly thrown from the fourth floor of his apartment building in Moscow. According to Hermitage Capital CEO Bill Browder, a noted Putin critic, Nikolai Gorokhov is in the intensive-care unit of Botkin hospital in Moscow with severe head injuries after allegedly being defenestrated from his building, BBC’s Daniel Sandford reported on Tuesday. In addition to representing the family of the late Sergei Magnitsky, Gorokhov reportedly served as a witness for ex-U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara’s separate case probing allegedly corrupt Russian businessmen and officials.

Lawyer For Russian Whistleblower’s Family Falls From Building One Day Before Hearing
Nikolai Gorokhov represents the family of Sergei Magnitsky, who died after exposing tax fraud by Russian officials.
By Mollie Reilly

Snow surrounds the grave of Russian lawyer Sergei Magnitsky in a Moscow cemetery on Dec. 7, 2012.
A Moscow lawyer who represents the family of a now-deceased Russian whistleblower was severely injured Tuesday after falling several stories, just one day before he was scheduled to appear in court.

The lawyer, Nikolai Gorokhov, represents the family of Sergei Magnitsky, another Russian attorney who mysteriously died in custody in Moscow in 2009 after accusing law enforcement and tax officials of a massive fraud worth $230 million. Magnitsky’s death sparked international outrage and led to U.S. legislation in 2012 imposing sanctions on several Russian officials.

The circumstances surrounding Gorokhov’s injury are not clear.

Investor Bill Browder, a vocal critic of Russian President Vladimir Putin and the man Magnitsky was working for when he was arrested, wrote that Gorokhov was “thrown from the top floor of his apartment building” and is currently hospitalized with severe head injuries in the intensive care unit at Moscow’s Botkin Hospital.

Russian news outlets, however, said that Gorokhov was injured while attempting to lift a bathtub up to his apartment with a rope, which reportedly snapped. LifeNews, a tabloid news site seen as loyal to the Kremlin, published several photos of a broken bathtub.

Novaya Gazeta, a Russian newspaper critical of Putin, also reported that Gorokhov fell while lifting a bathtub, citing a representative of Hermitage Capital, the investment firm run by Browder. The representative implied that wasn’t the whole story and hinted at foul play.

On Wednesday, Gorokhov was supposed to appear in a Moscow appeals court. He was set to challenge a lower court’s refusal to hear a complaint filed by Magnitsky’s mother in relation to the fraud exposed by her son.

Gorokhov was also expected to be a witness in a U.S. federal case in Manhattan tied to the alleged fraud. That case was being handled by U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, until he was ousted by President Donald Trump earlier this month.

In recent years, several notable Kremlin critics have died or been injured under mysterious circumstances.

In February, journalist Vladimir Kara-Murza was hospitalized for organ failure after experiencing symptoms similar to those when he was poisoned in 2015.

In 2015, opposition politician Boris Nemstov was shot dead in Moscow. His widow has blamed the Russian government for his death. Later that year, former Russian press minister Mikhail Lesin was found dead in Washington, D.C., after suffering blunt force trauma to the head. Lesin’s death was eventually ruled an accident related to alcohol consumption.

Boris Berezovsky, a Russian oligarch who became a Putin critic, was found dead in his home in the U.K. in 2013.

And according to the Committee to Protect Journalists, 56 members of the press, including investigative reporter Anna Politkovskaya, have been killed in Russia since 1992.

Magnitsky’s death prompted the U.S. to take measures in 2012 to punish the Russian officials believed to be responsible for his death. Russia retaliated by imposing sanctions on some U.S. officials and banning adoption of Russian children by Americans. In December last year, Congress voted to expand the law to cover human rights abusers in any country, not just Russia.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nik ... 38c62d9023
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:06 am

America's Most Prominent Anti-Muslim Activist Is Welcome at the White House
Brigitte Gabriel, who leads an organization dedicated to persecuting people because of their faith, boasted about her access to the Trump administration.

PETER BEINART MAR 21, 2017 POLITICS

On Monday night, Brigitte Gabriel, head of ACT for America, tweeted that she was, “In D.C, preparing for my meeting at the White House. What topics would you like me to address?” Among the replies: “Ban sharia law from US,”, “Officially identify Islam as a political system and not a ‘religion’” and “ask how we can get islam [sic] ed out our schools & universities?”

The Trump administration hasn’t confirmed the meeting, but no one familiar with Gabriel—a Lebanese-born Christian who distorts Lebanese history to incite hatred of Muslims—would find those replies surprising. Her organization, ACT for America, is the largest grassroots purveyor of anti-Muslim bigotry in the United States.

Many conservatives claim they oppose only “radical Islam.” Gabriel doesn’t bother with such euphemisms. “Islam,” she wrote in her 2008 book, They Must Be Stopped, “has created and unleashed an uncontrollable wave of hatred and rage, on the world, and we must brace ourselves for the consequences. Going forward we must realize that the portent behind the terrorist attacks is the purest form of what the Prophet Mohammed created. It’s not radical Islam. It’s what Islam is at its core.”

In 2007, she declared that “If a Muslim who has—who is—a practicing Muslim who believes the word of the Koran to be the word of Allah, who abides by Islam, who goes to mosque and prays every Friday, who prays five times a day—this practicing Muslim, who believes in the teachings of the Koran, cannot be a loyal citizen to the United States of America.” After Khizr Khan held up a copy of the US Constitution in his speech at last year’s Democratic national convention, Gabriel accused him of lying. “Waving the Constitution,” she declared, “is a misrepresentation when one’s religion teaches that it and any other man-made law, for that matter, are to be removed and superseded by the Quran.”

As these quotes suggest, Gabriel does not consider Islam a religion like Judaism or Christianity but rather a totalitarian political ideology like Nazism or Soviet communism. Thus, she does not believe Muslims deserve the freedoms of worship and association enshrined in the First Amendment. ACT lobbies to ban the Council on American-Islamic Relations—a Muslim civil rights organization that Gabriel calls a front for the Muslim Brotherhood—from addressing state legislatures. In more than a dozen states, ACT has helped introduce legislation to ban the use of Sharia law by state courts. Such bans would prevent a Muslim prisoner from citing Islamic law to justify suing a state prison for not providing her Halal food. They would, argues the ACLU, have the effect of “denying Muslims the same religious accommodations afforded to people of other faiths.”

A woman who leads an organization dedicated to persecuting people because of their faith just boasted that she’s been invited to the White House.
For ACT, that’s exactly the point. The organization has condemned cities with large Muslim populations for serving halal food in public schools. In 2013, its Houston chapter urged members to “protest” food companies that certify their meat as compliant with Islamic dietary law. ACT tries to dissuade Jews and Christians from conducting interfaith dialogue with Muslims. And in state after state, it has lobbied state legislatures and school boards to purge textbooks of references that create “an inaccurate comparison between Islam, Christianity and Judaism.” Gabriel’s agenda isn’t subtle. She wants to stigmatize, and to some degree criminalize, the practice of Islam.

As of Tuesday afternoon, the Trump administration had not confirmed Gabriel’s meeting, but she later posted photos of herself at the White House on Facebook.

In February, she distributed a photo of herself with Trump at Mar-a-Lago, where she had delivered a “national security briefing.” Former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn served on ACT’s board. CIA Director Mike Pompeo last year won the group’s National Security Eagle Award. Trump counterterrorism advisor Sebastian Gorka has spoken before ACT chapters.

Last December, Gabriel wrote that “ACT for America has a direct line to Donald Trump, and has played a fundamental role in shaping his views and suggested policies with respect to radical Islam.” Since Trump launched his campaign for president, the unthinkable has become not only thinkable, but pedestrian. The president and his aides have transgressed prior standards of decency and honesty in so many ways that it’s sometimes hard to remember what those standards even were.

Yet doing so is essential. A woman who leads an organization dedicated to persecuting people because of their faith just boasted about her access to the White House. If confirmed, her invitation will say something terrible about America’s president. If she can visit the White House without being greeted by protests, it will say something terrible about America’s people.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... se/520323/

Trump owes $300M to bank behind global money laundering scheme led by Russian criminals
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby 82_28 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:36 am

I have been saying it for forever but there are Russian players out there that want to put a cap in his ass. It just goes with the territory. Sorry Hombre. Nobody will care once you are adiosed. I do not wish it, but I will not care.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:45 am

more about the card carrying NAZI in the White House

Gorka Hedges, Evades on Vitezi Rend Tie
by Eli Clifton and Jim Lobe

Trump counter-terrorism adviser Sebastian Gorka has offered a series of inconsistent reactions to The Forward’s report that he is a sworn member of Vitezi Rend. This chivalric order was founded in the 1920s by Adm. Horthy, a self-described anti-Semite who ruled Hungary from 1920 until 1944 and who allied his country with Nazi Germany during World War II. In an unsurprisingly friendly interview with Breitbart today, Gorka passed up the opportunity to repeat his insistence that he was never a member of the organization.

After declining to respond to queries from LobeLog, where photos of Gorka wearing the Vitezi Rend medal at Trump’s inaugural ball were first published, and the Forward, which interviewed senior Vitezi Rend officials who said Gorka was sworn in as a member, he told Tablet on March 16th:

I have never been a member of the Vitez Rend. I have never taken an oath of loyalty to the Vitez Rend. Since childhood, I have occasionally worn my father’s medal and used the ‘v.’ initial to honor his struggle against totalitarianism.
Shortly thereafter, Gorka, following weeks of declining to respond to the Forward’s questions about his right-wing ties, issued a statement through the White House. Remarkably, it avoided any mention of his relationship with Vitezi Rend despite the fact that the Forward’s story was getting widespread attention in the media. His statement simply asserted: “I’ve been a committed opponent of anti-Semitism, racism and totalitarianism all my life. Any suggestion otherwise is false and outrageous.”

Two days later, however, The Telegraph asked Gorka about his relationship:

He insisted that he was not a full member of the Order of Vitez.
“By the bye laws I inherited the title of Vitez through the merits of my father, but I never swore allegiance formally,” he said.
Gorka had gone from “never” being a member to “never [having] swor[n] allegiance formally,” a denial that appeared to hedge his unequivocal statement to the Tablet.

Today, Breitbart, which has dedicated five posts over the past month to defending Gorka, its former national security editor, conducted an interview with him in which he alleged that he was the target of “Leftist media” bent on smearing him and denying the election mandate of American voters. Remarkably, however, the interview entirely ignored the question that has dominated coverage of him during the past week: whether or not he is a sworn member, like his father, of Vitezi Rend. Instead, he stressed that he and his wife have visited Israel frequently.

The question at this point is not whether he is a Nazi—no credible source has claimed that he is. And although he has clearly “palled around” with anti-Semites, there is no specific evidence that he holds anti-Semitic (as opposed to Islamophobic) views. The question now is about his credibility.

As noted above, high-level and long-time members of Vitezi Rend interviewed by The Forward have insisted that he was sworn in as a member. Lili Bayer and Larry Cohler-Esses reported:

Gorka, who pledged his loyalty to the United States when he took American citizenship in 2012, is himself a sworn member of the Vitézi Rend, according to both Gyula Soltész — a high-ranking member of the Vitézi Rend’s central apparatus — and Kornél Pintér — a leader of the Vitézi Rend in Western Hungary who befriended Gorka’s father through their activities in the Vitézi Rend.
Soltész, who holds a national-level leadership position at the Vitézi Rend, confirmed to the Forward in a phone conversation that Gorka is a full member of the organization.
‘Of course he was sworn in,” Pintér said, in a phone interview. “I met with him in Sopron [a city near Hungary’s border with Austria]. His father introduced him.”
“In today’s world it is rare to meet anyone as well-bred as Sebastian or his father, Pali,” he added.
And Gorka, who wrote his PhD dissertation and testified before Congress under the name “Sebastian L.v. Gorka” may have signaled his membership through the use of “v.,” a privilege extended only to full-fledged members.

The Forward reported:

“Of course, only after the oath,” György Kerekes, a current member of the Vitézi Rend, told The Forward when asked if anyone may use the initial “v.” without going through the Vitézi Rend’s application process and an elaborate swearing-in ceremony.
Gorka’s response to the charge he is a member of a historically anti-Semitic group has, in less than a week, gone from an outright denial to a denial, as The Telegraph put it, of “formal membership.” And given an opportunity by Breitbart today to say anything he wished, he chose not to address the issue of the week but instead, in true Trumpian fashion, to attack those who have raised the question as politically motivated.
http://lobelog.com/latest-installment-i ... tezi-rend/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Trump once called Epstein a 'terrific guy' in 2002. The president is now on the witness list in the Florida court battle over how federal prosecutors handled the allegations against Epstein. But lawyers said it's very unlikely Trump will be required to testify in the case

Trump's Labor Secretary nominee faces questions over why he cut a deal with pedophile billionaire Jeffrey Epstein instead of indicting him on federal sex crimes
Alexander Acosta is facing questions over plea deal he oversaw for pedophile
Billionaire sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein, pleaded guilty in 2008 to Florida charges of soliciting prostitution and was sentenced to 18 months in prison
Lawsuit questions why Acosta, whose confirmation hearing is this week, cut deal with Epstein a decade ago instead of pursuing a federal indictment
Acosta defended decisions as best outcome given evidence available at the time
By Dailymail.com Reporter and Associated Press
PUBLISHED: 01:47 EDT, 22 March 2017 | UPDATED: 11:18 EDT, 22 March 2017

President Donald Trump's labor secretary nominee is facing questions over the unusual plea deal he oversaw for billionaire sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein, while serving as US attorney in Miami.

Alexander Acosta made a deal with Epstein which meant he avoided federal prosecution and a potential life prison sentence when he was found guilty of soliciting prostitution in 2008.

He is now at the center of a lawsuit, which names President Donald Trump as a witness, which accuses him of mishandling the case a decade ago.

Critics, including attorneys for some underage victims of financier Epstein, claim the plea agreement was a 'sweetheart deal' made possible only by Epstein's wealth, connections and high-powered lawyers.

The story resurfaced just hours before his confirmation hearing for the secretary of labor was set to start.
President Donald Trump's labor secretary nominee Alexander Acosta (pictured) is facing questions over the unusual plea deal he oversaw for billionaire sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein, while serving as US attorney in Miami
+4
President Donald Trump's labor secretary nominee Alexander Acosta (pictured) is facing questions over the unusual plea deal he oversaw for billionaire sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein, while serving as US attorney in Miami
The lawsuit questions why Acosta, whose confirmation hearing is scheduled to begin Wednesday, cut a deal with Jeffrey Epstein (pictured) 10 years ago rather than pursuing a federal indictment
+4
The lawsuit questions why Acosta, whose confirmation hearing is scheduled to begin Wednesday, cut a deal with Jeffrey Epstein (pictured) 10 years ago rather than pursuing a federal indictment

Trump once called Epstein a 'terrific guy' in 2002, saying that 'he's a lot of fun to be with', adding that 'he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side', according to the Washington Post.

Lawyers told the Post that it's very unlikely Trump will be required to testify in the case.

The lawsuit questions why Acosta, whose confirmation hearing is scheduled to begin Wednesday, cut a deal with Epstein 10 years ago rather than pursuing a federal indictment, according to the Tribune.

Sen Patty Murray, the leading Democrat on the committee, said in a statement that she met with Acosta and is concerned about whether he would 'stand up to political pressure' and advocate for workers as labor secretary.

Acosta has defended his decisions as the best outcome given evidence available at the time.

'Some may feel that the prosecution should have been tougher. Evidence that has come to light since 2007 may encourage that view,' Acosta wrote in a March 2011 letter to media outlets after leaving the US attorney's office.

'Had these additional statements and evidence been known, the outcome may have been different. But they were not known to us at the time.'

Unlike Trump's original choice for labor secretary, Andrew Puzder, Acosta is expected to win confirmation.

The Florida International University law school dean was nominated after Puzder, a fast-food executive, withdrew over his hiring of an undocumented immigrant housekeeper and other issues.
Acosta, 48, has previously won Senate confirmation as Miami US attorney, head of the Justice Department's civil rights division and the National Labor Relations Board.

Trump once called Epstein a 'terrific guy' in 2002. The president is now on the witness list in the Florida court battle over how federal prosecutors handled the allegations against Epstein. But lawyers said it's very unlikely Trump will be required to testify in the case
+4

He declined comment when asked about the Epstein case this week.

Epstein, now 64, pleaded guilty in 2008 to Florida charges of soliciting prostitution and was sentenced to 18 months in prison, of which he served 13 months.

He was also required to register as a sex offender and pay millions of dollars in restitution to as many as 40 victims who were between the ages of 13 and 17 when the crimes occurred.

According to court documents, Epstein paid underage girls for sex, sexual massages and similar acts at a Palm Beach mansion he then owned as well as properties in New York, the US Virgin Islands and New Mexico.

Prosecutors say he had a team of employees to identify girls as potential targets.

After an investigation by local police, Palm Beach prosecutors decided to charge Epstein with aggravated assault, which would have meant no jail time, no requirement that he register as a sex offender and no guaranteed restitution for victims.

Unhappy local investigators went to Acosta's office, which opened a federal probe and eventually drafted a proposed 53-page indictment that could have resulted in a sentence of 10 years to life in prison for Epstein, if convicted.

With that as leverage, a deal was worked out for Epstein to plead guilty to state prostitution solicitation charges and the federal indictment was shelved.

Acosta has defended his decisions as the best outcome given evidence available at the time. 'Some may feel that the prosecution should have been tougher. Evidence that has come to light since 2007 may encourage that view,' Acosta wrote in a March 2011 letter
Jeffrey Epstein
Acosta has defended his decisions as the best outcome given evidence available at the time. 'Some may feel that the prosecution should have been tougher. Evidence that has come to light since 2007 may encourage that view,' Acosta wrote in a March 2011 letter

It didn't stop there. Epstein's lawyers worked out an unusual and secret 'non-prosecution agreement' to guarantee neither Epstein nor his employees would ever face federal charges.

'This agreement will not be made part of any public record,' the deal between Epstein and Acosta says, according to the Tribune. The document was unsealed by a federal judge in a civil lawsuit in 2015.

In his 2011 letter, Acosta defended his decisions as the best possible outcome.

'Our judgment in this case, based on the evidence that was known at the time, was that it was better to have a billionaire serve time in jail, register as a sex offender and pay his victims restitution than risk a trial with a reduced likelihood of success,' Acosta wrote.

'I supported that judgment then, and based on the state of the law as it then stood and the evidence known at the time, I would support that judgment again.'

In the letter, Acosta acknowledged that 'some prosecutors felt that we should just go to trial, and at times I felt that frustration myself.'

Epstein, now 64, pleaded guilty in 2008 to Florida charges of soliciting prostitution and was sentenced to 18 months in prison, of which he served 13 months
+4
Epstein, now 64, pleaded guilty in 2008 to Florida charges of soliciting prostitution and was sentenced to 18 months in prison, of which he served 13 months

He said that Epstein 'received highly unusual treatment while in jail,' including being allowed to serve much of his sentence in the county jail rather than a state prison, and being permitted to leave the jail six days a week to work at home before returning to jail to sleep, according to the Tribune.

'The treatment that he received while in state custody undermined the purpose of a jail sentence,' Acosta said.

Well-known Miami defense lawyer Joel DeFabio, who has represented numerous defendants in sex cases, said he had never heard of such an agreement before Epstein's came to light.

DeFabio said he has had clients with far less egregious sex charges — and far less wealth — who were sentenced to 10 or 15 years behind bars. DeFabio tried to use the Epstein case to argue for more lenient sentences.

'There still has been no clear explanation as to why Epstein received such preferential treatment,' DeFabio said. 'This thing just stinks. The elite take care of their own.'

The non-prosecution agreement became public in a related civil case, leading two Epstein victims — identified only as Jane Does No. 1 and 2, to file a victims' rights lawsuit claiming they were improperly left in the dark about the deal. The lawsuit, which is still pending, seeks to reopen the case to expose the details and possibly nullify the agreement.

Other victims have come forward, including one woman who claimed as a teenager that Epstein flew her around the world for sexual escapades, including encounters with Britain's Prince Andrew. Buckingham Palace has vehemently denied those claims.

The Justice Department's position in the victims' rights lawsuit is that since no federal indictment was ever filed, the victims were not entitled to notification about the non-prosecution agreement. Settlement talks last fall went nowhere.

'There will not be a settlement. That case will eventually get to trial,' said Bradley Edwards, attorney for the two Jane Doe victims.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4cGuqtlPq

SAY WHAT?
Trump Nominee: Lax Deal for Billionaire Pedo Jeffrey Epstein Was ‘A Good Thing’
Trump’s labor secretary nominee Alexander Acosta defended his record as a U.S. Attorney and his secret non-prosecution deal with perverted billionaire and Trump pal, Jeffrey Epstein.
Brandy Zadrozny

03.22.17 12:20 PM ET

At his senate confirmation hearing Wednesday morning, labor secretary nominee Alexander Acosta generally described the secret non-prosecution deal he oversaw as U.S. Attorney with billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein as “a good thing.”
According to law enforcement officials and alleged victims, between the years 1998 and 2007, financier and playboy Jeffrey Epstein—who socialized with the likes of Donald Trump and Bill Clinton—ran a kind of sexual pyramid scheme in Florida, New York, and on his private island in the U.S. Virgin Islands where he paid minors as young as 13 years old to perform sexual massages and recruit other girls for the same. Police eventually caught up with Epstein—after his alleged serial abuse of some 50 girls—but a secret agreement with federal prosecutors, overseen by Acosta, resulted in an unusual sentence that critics, including the alleged victims and local police, felt was far too lenient and allowed a member of the rich elite to evade appropriate punishment for his crimes.
After a round of questions from senators about overtime, worker protections, department budgets, and job training, Democratic senator Tim Kaine got right to it on Wednesday, pulling out a recent Washington Post story that rehashed all of the Epstein ugliness.
Asked whether he had worked to keep the plea deal quiet, and whether he declined to indict Epstein on federal charges despite his own office’s desire to do so, Acosta said, “That is not accurate.”
Acosta went on to say that a difficulty in the Department of Justice is that it “does not litigate in the public record or the media, but in court.” Acosta said that Epstein case was originally a state matter and disputed the notion that he hadn’t acted aggressively, noting that had he not stepped in, Epstein could have been charged even more leniently under a local grand jury.
“The grand jury in Palm beach county recommended a single count which would have resulted in zero jail time, zero registration as a sex offender and zero restitution.”
Declining to discuss specifics of the Epstein case, Acosta called his office’s sealing of the draft indictment “pretty typical,” and defended the deal in general terms.
“At the end of the day, based on the evidence, professionals within a prosecutor’s office decide that a plea that guarantees someone goes to jail, that guarantees he register generally, and guarantees other outcomes is a good thing.”
“That was a broadly held decision,” Acosta said.

Police in Palm Beach County, Florida arrested Epstein in 2008, after a months-long investigation that included stakeouts and interviews of local girls whom they determined to be victims. They took that evidence to prosecutors and suggested the billionaire be charged with several felonies, including lewd and lascivious molestation and multiple counts of unlawful sexual activity with a minor. If federal prosecutors had charged him according to police suggestions, the man with a little black book full of princes, presidents, and prime ministers could have faced 15 years in prison.
But after a meeting with Epstein’s high-priced and high-powered lawyers, including Gerald Lefcourt and Alan Dershowitz—who defended their client by reportedly having witnesses followed and discrediting alleged victims by offering their social media profiles as evidence that they weren’t as innocent as they claimed to be—state prosecutors recommended that Epstein be charged with a single misdemeanor. In response, the Palm Beach police chief wrote a letter to the Department of Justice asking that it step in.
It seemed to have little effect.

As an U.S. Attorney, Alex Acosta did get involved, but as he claimed in a 2011 letter, the state had been outmatched by Epstein, whose attorneys launched "a year-long assault" on prosecutors “more aggressive” than any Acosta had previously encountered.
“Our judgment in this case, based on the evidence known at the time, was that it was better to have a billionaire serve time in jail, register as a sex offender, and pay his victims restitution than risk a trial with a reduced likelihood of success,” he wrote in the letter.
In the end, Epstein paid settlements to dozens of accusers, and plead guilty to a single count of soliciting a minor. He served 13 months of an 18-month sentence in a Palm Beach county jail instead of state prison—16 hours of which, on every day but Sunday, he could spend at his home or in his office, due to a work release provision in the deal. Since 2008, Epstein has quietly paid settlements to scores of his alleged victims, and must register as a sex offender for life. Meanwhile, the women who allegedly procured girls for Epstein, referred to as “potential co-conspirators,” in the non-prosecution agreement, also received immunity from prosecution.
In the same 2011 letter, Acosta conceded that the work release and county jail location of his state sentence seemed like "highly unusual treatment" that "undermined the purpose of a jail sentence."
In 2016, several of Epstein’s alleged victims decried the plea deal, filing a civil lawsuit against the federal government and alleging Acosta’s office had violated their rights as victims by not notifying them of the secret agreement. The two sides have been in settlement talks since last summer, according to court documents. Brad Edwards, the attorney on behalf of the Jane Does, declined to comment on Acosta when reached by The Daily Beast, but has suggested he hopes the government will admit wrongdoing or perhaps pay a fine to resolve the case.
Federal prosecutors did offer some additional insight into Acosta’s decision during a 2015 hearing, were Assistant U.S. Attorney Dexter Lee suggested the alleged victims may have complicated any prosecution by the fact that they in turn became recruiters—finding additional victims, Lee said, for Epstein’s pyramid scheme in exchange for money.
"Your Honor, we believe there's an issue about whether or not Jane Does 1 and 2 may have been complicit in the offenses,” Lee said. “Specifically, that they themselves procured additional young women for Mr. Epstein and were paid commissions or referral fees for it.”
Epstein wasn’t the only scandal the labor secretary nominee was asked to address on Wednesday.
Senator Patty Murray questioned Acosta on his time as head of the civil rights division of the Department of Justice during the Bush administration between 2003 and 2005. During his tenure, the Department of Justice Inspector General found he relied on a subordinate, Bradley Schlozman, to make hiring decisions. Under Acosta’s watch, Schlozman illegally sought to purge liberal attorneys in favor of hiring more conservative, “real Americans” (as Schlozman put it). The Inspector General report never implicated Acosta himself in the department's politicization, but did determine he “took no action to investigate, bring the matter to the attention of their supervisors, or change Schlozman’s role in hiring for the Division.”
On that controversy, Acosta had little defense.
“That conduct should have never happened,” Acosta answered. “I deeply regret it.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... thing.html

President Trump on Witness List in Case Involving Pedophile Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein
by Rachel Stockman | 5:46 pm, March 14th, 2017

President Donald Trump is on the witness list for a civil trial, involving a Florida attorney, who represents convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein‘s alleged victims, and the disgraced billionaire himself.

“President Donald Trump has been identified as an individual who may have information relating to these allegations,” attorney Jack Scarola told LawNewz.com in an interview. Scarola is representing attorney Bradley Edwards, a party in the case.

Scarola told LawNewz.com that they have evidence that at least one of the now (former) employees at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club were recruited by Epstein’s agent to become involved in a pattern of alleged molestations.

The civil trial, which is expected to begin soon, is a complicated one and dates back to 2009. It involves allegations of malicious prosecution, and defamation filed by Florida attorney Bradley Edwards. Edwards also represents several of Epstein’s alleged victims who brought separate civil cases against Epstein. But, what is particularly interesting about this latest case is that it now appears to involve President Donald Trump himself.

In 2007, federal prosecutors, ironically under the leadership of Trump’s current Secretary of Labor Alexander Acosta (who was a U.S. Attorney at the time), quietly entered into a secret non-prosecution agreement with the billionaire which ensured that Epstein and his ‘co-conspirators’ would not be prosecuted federally in exchange for Epstein’s guilty plea to state charges. Basically, Epstein got a slap on the wrist and served 13 months in a Florida prison and home detention for solicitation and procurement of minors for prostitution .

Court records in the civil case claim that Epstein repeatedly sexually assaulted more than 40 young girls on numerous occasions between 2002 and 2005 at his mansion in West Palm Beach, Florida.

While there is no evidence that Trump was involved in Epstein’s scheme, Bradley’s attorneys claim that “Trump and Epstein have acknowledged that they were friends, that they have socialized together. We have reason to believe that Trump was a guest in Epstein’s home during the period of time that Epstein was engaged in molestation.”

Trump is included on a witness list filed on August 31, 2016 along with Bill Richardson, the former governor of New Mexico.

In Bradley Edwards’ affidavit filed in support of the civil case, he claims that Mark Epstein (Jeffrey Epstein’s brother) testified that Trump flew on Jeffrey Epstein’s plane with him (the same plane where multiple young girls say they used to have sex.) Former President Bill Clinton is also said to have flown on that same plane.

“Epstein’s phone directory from his computer contains 14 phone numbers for Donald Trump, including emergency numbers, car numbers, and numbers to Trump’s security guard and houseman,” the affidavit claims.

“The likelihood is very low that he is deposed or called as a witness at trial,” Scarola explained in a story first reported by The Florida Bulldog, an investigative nonprofit. “There are, as you might imagine, substantial hurdles in calling a sitting U.S president and we don’t want any further delays on this case.”

The civil trial has been delayed several times, and a judge is expected to set a trial date shortly. We’ve reached out to Trump’s personal attorney for comment, and will update the story if we hear back.

This post has been updated to include a link to the Florida Bulldog website.
http://lawnewz.com/uncategorized/presid ... y-epstein/

Donald Trump asked the press not to publish this unflattering photo. Guess what the press did, they published the unflattering photo.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Luther Blissett » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:12 pm

Luther Blissett » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:51 pm wrote:
JackRiddler » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:35 am wrote:

It's a nationwide day of MAGA Marches. I'm predicting relatively small numbers given the abysmal turnout at other recent pro-trump rallies, but there's a great deal of "chatter" about it online. I can't tell if it's my physical proximity, but my local showdown seems extra-pointed compared to other cities. With the ready response of local groups REAL Justice, Veterans Against Trump, anarchists and anti-fascists, the trumpists are a bit triggered, invoking based stickman in some kind of chaos magick spell and just threatening outright armed conflict and "Castle" laws (which I've always assumed don't apply during a protest).

There was a big thread on /pol/ last night about a local subway fight and the kiddos were losing their minds, triggered right and left. I almost believe that they are so comically, cartoonishly Chick Comics / afterschool special / Pleasantville / Alex Jones coke shits / Candyman scared of anyplace where people live close together that they'll just stay away en masse. There is a small KKK chapter within city limits but they're quiet right now.

Well, those fears were unfounded. The pro-Trump side was minuscule, dwarfed by both cops and anti-fascists. That was the largest Bloc I've ever seen. I'm bad at estimating crowd size, but I would guess there were about 100 Trump supporters - mostly older folks, a small biker contingent, some wealthier-looking folks, some younger alt-right types, and a sector of about 6 overt neo-nazis.

They had to cancel their planned march out of fear of the 300-400 or so counter-protestors encircling Independenc Mall, chanting and blasting vuvuzelas, plus a few pockets of stationery counter-protestors of normals and liberals, plus a small contingent of queer people throwing a dance party to counter-protest the Westboro people.

A small number of angry and confrontational Trump supporters ended up marching on their own, numbering 30 at the most, under heavy police escort and not along the planned route. The counter-protestors continued picking up more numbers as they moved.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Luther Blissett » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:19 pm

The cops just had to shut down the small contingent who left because they were getting too much shit from pedestrians on the street, not just the counter-protestors and Black Bloc. They made it about 6 blocks.
Luther Blissett

Postby 82_28 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Just an observation but I think Pence is about to George Jefferson this shit. Trump ain't got no traction of any sort. Pence's speech was carried live and sounded like no other VP I have ever seen in my lifetime.

If you don't get the George Jefferson context, it is the famous Movin' On Up theme song of the Jefferson's.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:31 pm

THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY IS ALREADY A JOKE
But it’s no laughing matter.

BY GRAYDON CARTER
MARCH 22, 2017 5:00 PM

It can reasonably be said that our dear leader is now the most ridiculed man on the planet. In fact, he may well be the most ridiculed man in history. For a preening narcissist who takes himself terribly seriously, being the butt of the joke heard round the world has got to hurt. The handpicked assortment of craven nitwits and supplicants that he has surrounded himself with have valiantly tried to insulate him from the derision. But they’re only human. Your heart has to go out to the ones doing the heavy lifting: banty Sean Spicer, the M. C. Escher of the English language, and Kellyanne Conway, the president’s temperament fluffer. (Look away from CNN, Mr. President. There’s something shiny and bright over there!) Engaging as it is to watch these overworked mouthpieces, I fear their days must be numbered. Comments about microwaves that turn into spy cameras and what should be understood when the president puts words in quotation marks are having minimal effect in reducing the scorn heaped upon their boss. Hats off to them for their tenacity, but no amount of spin is going to change the fact that the Trump White House, like the company its inhabitant has run for the past four decades, continues to be a shambolic mess.

News. Hollywood. Style. Culture.
For more high-profile interviews, stunning photography, and thought-provoking features, subscribe now to Vanity Fair magazine.
Trump’s one brief moment of acting presidential—when he read off a teleprompter for 60 minutes and 10 seconds during his address to Congress—served only to show just how low the bar for presidential behavior has plummeted since January. Watching TV commentators applaud him for containing himself for a little over an hour was like hearing a parent praise a difficult child for not pooping in his pants during a pre-school interview. Besides, vintage Trump is not going anywhere anytime soon. A couple of weeks earlier, during a visit by the Japanese prime minister, Shinzō Abe, the president told an acquaintance that he was obsessed with the translator’s breasts—although he expressed this in his own, fragrant fashion

Trump may be a joke, but the chaos and destructive forces around him are not. If he can cause this much havoc during his first few months in office, imagine what the country and the world will look like at the end of four years. Watch him when he walks into a crowd of people. There is a slight grimace, a tightening of the mouth that to me indicates a hesitation, perhaps based on fear. The thing is, if Trump has made any sort of arrangement with the Russians—Kremlin, oligarchs, F.S.B., Mob, or any combination of the four—to drop the Obama-era sanctions in return for past favors, the hoo-ha surrounding his Russian connections now makes that almost impossible to deliver. Whatever support he has received from the Russians over the years presumably came with promises of a payback. If Trump can’t follow through on this, he might be in serious trouble.

That Trump’s supporters continue to line up behind him remains a mystery. For the Republican leadership—the Vichy Republicans, as they have been labeled—their collaboration will bear a stiff price down the road. As for the president’s followers out in the country, their air, their water, their national parks, their pensions, and their health care are all in jeopardy from planned legislation and from regulatory rollbacks already in place. I can understand the desire to effect dramatic change in Washington, but this is like being frustrated with your doctor and calling in the man who sold you aluminum siding to handle your physical. Steve Bannon, the Bugs Bunny to Trump’s Elmer Fudd, says that his own destructive tendencies came about in part after a good portion of his father’s nest egg of AT&T stock—built up over a half-century of working for the company—was wiped out following the banking crash of 2008. Bannon isn’t alone in wanting blood. But what does he do? He helps stuff the Cabinet with people from the banking industries that brought about the crash. And then he works to unravel Dodd-Frank—the legislation put in place to ensure that the same thing doesn’t happen again.

Trump’s war with the press may have enjoyed favorable short-term results with his acolytes, but this is a skirmish he simply cannot win. Sprawling, complex stories like Watergate—or Kremlingate, for that matter—are anything but straightforward affairs, and for the reporters trying to make sense of things, it is akin to assembling a jigsaw puzzle in the dark. It takes time, but eventually the puzzle comes together. And as it was more than four decades ago, you’ve got two great news organizations, The New York Times and The Washington Post, in complete rut over who will get the goods first. The Post wants to reclaim the position it had after it toppled a president, in the wake of Watergate. And the Times is out to make sure that the Post doesn’t have a repeat. When the dust settles, the real history will begin. There might be the occasional hack willing to trot out some semi-fictional hagiography on this administration. But, in the end, proper historians and serious journalists will descend in droves to mop up the lies, the half-truths, and the criminality. Trump’s legacy and that of his family could end up in tatters. The self-lauded Trump brand may well wind up as toxic as the once self-lauded brand of another New York-Palm Beach family: the Madoffs.
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/03/ ... ady-a-joke
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:00 pm

Adam Khan‏
@Khanoisseur

1. Trump's new drone strike policy–discards Obama rules–embraces Russia-style approach to "tolerate more civilian casualties" @LibyaLibertyImage
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Luther Blissett » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:31 am

Luther Blissett » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:19 pm wrote:The cops just had to shut down the small contingent who left because they were getting too much shit from pedestrians on the street, not just the counter-protestors and Black Bloc. They made it about 6 blocks.

Have to add that about 300 young Philly kids on bikes met up with the Black Bloc and antifa protestors to help stop the far-right contingent that decided to march on their own. It was probably one of the most beautiful and glorious things I've ever seen.

We were musing about how these kids must've rallied those numbers in real time when they heard there were neo-nazis marching through the city. I can't imagine how the Philly PD reacted to this. The Fraternal Order of Police endorsed Trump here and we live in a majority black city.
Luther Blissett

Postby cptmarginal » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:53 am

After declining to respond to queries from LobeLog, where photos of Gorka wearing the Vitezi Rend medal at Trump’s inaugural ball were first published, and the Forward, which interviewed senior Vitezi Rend officials who said Gorka was sworn in as a member

Really takes you back, eh?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... bc77554db/

Right-wing Guatemalan leaders elated by the election of Reagan, have openly boasted of their "close ties" to the new administration. And two rightist businessmen spent inauguration week mingling with the stars of the Reagan inner circle.

One was Mario Sandoval Alarcon, who heads Guatemala's ultra-right National Liberation Movement. Sandoval has his eye on the Guatemalan presidency in 1982. The other was Carlos Arana Osorio, a former Guatemalan president who is regarded as the real power in the current regime. Sandoval and Osorio are perceived as bitter enemies in Guatemala. But Allen Nairn, an investigator for the Council on Hemispheric Affairs, overheard them in a Washington hotel as they cordially discussed what they both considered to be good news for their mutual intersts: Reagan's take-over of the White House.

On Inauguration Day, Sandoval announced that he had met with Reagan defense and foreign policy advisers before the election, and indicated that the Guatemalan rightist expect Reagan will honor "verbal agreements" to resume military aid to Guatemala and put an end to criticism of the regime's human rights record.

(besides Alarcon we should also be thinking of other Reagan guests, such as Adolfo Cuellar and Yaroslav Stetsko.)

https://books.google.com/books?id=fyzsTGPTkOIC&pg=PA31

"In 1969, Richard Nixon gave Pasztor permission to organize a permanent ethnic arm of the Republican Party."

cptmarginal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion