*president trump is seriously dangerous*

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: *president trump is seriously dangerous*

Postby 82_28 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:52 pm

Also New York Times and LA Times. Not accepted at the White House.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:01 pm

White House hand-picks select media outlets for briefing
BY JORDAN FABIAN - 02/24/17 02:10 PM EST 1,223

The White House blocked a number of news outlets from covering spokesman Sean Spicer’s question-and-answer session on Friday afternoon.

Spicer decided to hold an off-camera “gaggle” with reporters inside his West Wing office instead of the traditional on-camera briefing in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room.

Among the outlets not permitted to cover the gaggle were news organizations President Trump has singled out for criticism, including CNN.

The New York Times, The Hill, Politico, BuzzFeed, the Daily Mail, BBC, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Daily News were among the other news organizations not permitted to attend.
Several right-leaning outlets were allowed into Spicer’s office, including Breitbart, the Washington Times and One America News Network.

A number of major news organizations were also let in to cover the gaggle. That group included ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, Reuters, Bloomberg and McClatchy.

The Associated Press and Time magazine were allowed into the gaggle but refused to attend.

The White House Correspondents’ Association (WHCA) sharply criticized the decision.

“The WHCA board is protesting strongly against how today's gaggle is being handled by the White House,” Jeff Mason, the association’s president, said in a statement.

“We encourage the organizations that were allowed in to share the material with others in the press corps who were not,” he added. “The board will be discussing this further with White House staff.”

White House spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham responded that “claims that outlets were excluded are not factual.”

“The pool was there, so various media mediums were represented,” she wrote in an email.

Reporters were encouraged to request access to the gaggle with a junior press aide. Some reporters received confirmation they were invited and others didn't.

Journalists then gathered in the briefing room to await the gaggle, When aides came to gather the pool, those who were not selected were turned back by Grisham in the West Wing hallway leading to Spicer's office.

After some reporters voiced their frustrated with the arrangement, Grisham asked a uniformed Secret Service officer to tell them to leave the hallway.
It’s highly unusual for White House staff to hand-pick outlets to attend daily briefings with officials, which are typically open for all reporters to attend.

The White House circulated an updated schedule Friday afternoon saying that Spicer would gaggle with an “expanded pool” of reporters instead of on-camera in the briefing room.

The press corps maintains an "in-house pool” of 21 reporters who cover events on the White House grounds when there is not enough space for the press group. There is also a smaller pool that travels with the president to events in Washington.

But the White House apparently decided to use different criteria in forming the group that attended Friday’s briefing.

The incident escalated Trump’s long-running feud with the media.

The president repeatedly slammed the “dishonest media” earlier Friday at the Conservative Political Action Conference, while also saying he respects the First Amendment.

“I love the First Amendment; nobody loves it better than me. Nobody,” he said.

“But as you saw throughout the entire campaign, and even now, the fake news doesn't tell the truth,” he continued. “I say it doesn't represent the people, it doesn't tell the never will represent the people, and we're going to do something about it.”

During the transition, Spicer himself also pledged to shake up the White House press corps once Trump took office.

He has adopted a number of changes to the daily briefing format, such as the use of "Skype seats" that allow reporters from outside Washington to ask questions. He also ended the practice of allowing The Associated Press to ask the first question, giving the privilege to a rotation of conservative outlets and some major newspapers.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... r-briefing
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Elvis » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:01 pm

82_28 wrote: apparently CNN has been barred from The White House

It's the best they can do, to the chagrin of Roger Stone who said that Trump should revoke CNN's "FCC license." (CNN has no FCC license.)

When you shoot from the hip, you sometimes shoot yourself in the foot. i just fucking shot myself
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Cowardice and Freedom

Susan Walsh
ByJOSH MARSHALL

PublishedFEBRUARY 24, 2017, 3:10 PM EDT

You've probably seen that today the White House held a daily gaggle (an informal, off-camera Q&A) in which only a few select news outlets - including Breitbart, The Washington Times and One America Network - were allowed to attend. CNN, NYT, LAT, Politico and apparently others were barred. In other words, two shlock 'news' outlets and one highly conservative but still legitimate news organization. The places breaking the unwelcome Trump/Russia stories are blocked.

CNN is in high dudgeon over this, as are other outlets, which is entirely understandable. But I'd like to make a basic point about how we should see this, how journalists and news organizations should treat this. I think it is both more accurate and more productive to see this as cowardice rather than some sacrilege against journalism.

Don't get me wrong. As I wrote a month or so ago in a similar context, it is far preferable to have a President and a White House who believe in democratic and American values. But we don't. It is best to recognize that fact and act accordingly. Whining is never a good look for journalists, for myriad reasons. Not least of which is that it plays into all the tools that authoritarians mobilize against a free press and American values. As I also wrote in that post, the answer to attacks on journalism is always more journalism. The most consequential reporting being done right now isn't happening in the briefings. It's happening with the 'anonymous sources' that President Trump says need to stand before him for retribution.

Authoritarianism is inimical to American political culture. It is a sometimes visitor, an annoying relative. But it has never been a welcome visitor or an owner of the national home. This doesn't mean that our history is unblemished. Far from it. To pick only one of the most glaring examples, even after emancipation, for almost a century the American South maintained a political system of democracy for whites and terror-enforced near-rightslessness for blacks. But that doesn't change the continuities of political culture for whites which non-whites and other minority groups have fought for decades and centuries to enter on equal terms. We know what our culture and traditions are. This isn't it.

Authoritarians always portray attacks on a free press as a sign of strength when in fact it's sign of cowardice and weakness. Perhaps another way to put it is that weakness and strength have a particular meaning for free people. Fear of free people or violence against their mores is weakness. In our tradition if you fear free society, if you run to toadying sycophants to avoid being challenged, or demand followers toast your every action with superlatives, you're a coward. You're weak. You lack the strength to lead. This isn't Russia. It's not Horthy's Hungary. This is America.

This isn't surprising. We got a look yesterday at the mind and driver behind Trumpism, Steve Bannon. Bannon pitches himself as a champion of American 'nationalism', but it is a peculiar nationalism which takes most of its ideas and examples from the toxic and blooded authoritarians of 1930s-era Central and Eastern Europe. It's no accident that we also learned today that Bannon's 'nationalist' intellectual, Sebastian Gorka, was actually involved in forming a far-right political party in Hungary with known anti-Semites as recently as the aughts. So the guy who is going to give us American nationalism was born in Britain, set up shop as a rightist nationalist in Hungary before deciding to show up in America and become a citizen. Are we even sure we're the last stop on his global tour?

As I wrote over the weekend, we're in an odd period. The American experiment is a kind of de facto exile, perhaps an internal exile, but an exile still. The good news is that the majority doesn't support Trumpism. But Trumpism has taken possession of the key powers of the state. It will require being aggressively American to beat back Bannon's thuggish practices and contempt for the habits of free people.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/cow ... nd-freedom

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:43 pm

Elvis » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:55 pm wrote:We are all so fucked.

SonicG wrote:Just putting this out there in case you missed it...

No, Stephen Miller Was Not Recently Photographed Flashing a ‘White Power’ Hand Sign

http://www.mediaite.com/online/no-steph ... hand-sign/

So, yeah, I can see why some liberals may want to really, really, really believe there is something there. But there isn’t. At all. So stop sharing the photo.

I'm not convinced.

Oh, Elvis, we're not fucked.

I did think his hand positioning curious, though. So thanks for that image, Sonic. In fact, find as many as you can and share 'em with us, cause the way I see it, we'll all be Nazis before the year runs out. I want to learn as many as might be useful, you know, to better fit in with the in-crowd. Goodness knows, I wouldn't want to get it wrong. I might be mistaken for one of those terrorists formally known as liberals.

I hear a Swedish refugee escaping his country now overrun with escaping refugees has applied for asylum in the USA but was denied entry, his now being overrun with terrorists formerly known as refugees from war escaping from the war-torn battlefields their countries have become. "He might be one, too," they said, "these days you just can't take any chances when it comes to preventing from bringing terrorism back home to roost."

(Thinking his microphone was turned off, he was heard whispering to his interviewer, "Can we do that over? I don't think that came out quite right.")

Edited to add close parenthesis. And:

Elvis, I not convinced, either.

And again, for a little polish.
Last edited by Iamwhomiam on Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:24 pm

Yeah, 82, everyone should watch that video of Trump CPAC speech.

You know we've got a shitty president when he comes out with lines like this:

"We will no be de-turd from this course."

https://nyti.ms/2lEQTW5

I also got a sick chuckle from his stating the that nothing like the Trump phenomena every happened before, that there's never before in the world been anything like it, thinking to myself, "you even got this wrong, Donald. The world has seen something quite like this before, and not all that long ago."
Iamwhomiam

Postby SonicG » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:06 am

I'm not convinced that this guy is not some sort of cyborg...

It would only be better if he had a vague unidentifiable European accent..."Ve vill do vatever it takes! Ve vill not be questioned ov vee vacts! !"
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby Elvis » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:51 am

SonicG » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:06 pm wrote:I'm not convinced that this guy is not some sort of cyborg...

It would only be better if he had a vague unidentifiable European accent..."Ve vill do vatever it takes! Ve vill not be questioned ov vee vacts! !"

Watch Miller's eyes; is he reading from a teleprompter much of the time? Appears he has prepared talking points to fill up the otherwise empty answers.

Funny that you joke about what reads like a German accent; physically, Miller reminds me of SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich:

Miller's rhetoric rings a bell there, too.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby SonicG » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:47 am

Looks sweet as a kitty...

And while the mystical hand signs and media bamboozlement continues...wretchedness returns...

Private prisons benefit from Trump team move
US utilities log best week since before the election

Shares in private prisons rose on Friday after Jeff Sessions, the US attorney-general, announced that the new administration would reverse plans introduced under the previous government to phase out their use.

https://www.ft.com/content/499edbfc-faa ... 969e0d3b65

This does NOT appear to be any sort of fake news though, so yeah for that...

And this satanic demon that seemed to have been nearing its end...Although this has not been codified, the mere hint of ramping up civil forfeiture is yet another sign of the Apokalips...
What Trump Can and Can’t Do to Make Changes to Civil Forfeiture

President Donald Trump’s comments on a procedure that allows law enforcement to seize property sparked much debate in the media and on the internet.

But for stakeholders who oppose the practice, called civil asset forfeiture, the president’s statements presented a learning experience for the country’s chief executive.

Trump’s comments came during a roundtable discussion with county sheriffs last week, where Jefferson County, Kentucky, Sheriff John Aubrey asked the president about efforts to curb law enforcement’s use of civil asset forfeiture.

The question sparked a brief discussion about the tool, which allows law enforcement to seize property and cash if they suspect it’s connected to criminal activity.

In the back-and-forth, Trump questioned why anyone would want to limit the police’s ability to take “a huge stash of drugs,” and ultimately told the sheriffs in attendance they were “encouraged” to take property through civil forfeiture.

The comments satisfied the law enforcement community, who believe that civil forfeiture is a critical tool to curb drug trafficking and money laundering.

“For over 30 years, the asset forfeiture program has allowed law enforcement to deprive criminals of both the proceeds and tools of crime,” Chuck Canterbury, national president of the Fraternal Order of Police, wrote in a December op-ed in The Daily Caller.
http://dailysignal.com/2017/02/13/what- ... orfeiture/

Balanced article too since there is state push-back at work regarding CF, but again the whiff of it is depressing as all fuck...

ANd China don't give a fuck...They will step up to their historical role as center of the fucking universe...
Chinese president Xi Jinping has vowed to lead the “new world order”

Chinese president Xi Jinping has vowed for the first time that China should take the lead in shaping the “new world order” and safeguarding international security, one of the latest moves putting him in stark contrast to Donald Trump and the US president’s “America First” policy.

https://qz.com/916382/chinese-president ... rld-order/

That doesn't belong here that much so I post more in the War with China thread...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:16 pm

Report: High-ranking Trump official has extensive ties to European neo-fascists

Sebastian Gorka reportedly co-founded a new party with prominent anti-Semites.

A deputy assistant to President Donald Trump has spent years working closely with members of Hungary’s anti-Semitic hard right, according to a Friday report from The Forward, a publication for American Jews. The report says Sebastian Gorka, who advises the White House on national security, co-founded a political party with former members of Jobbik, which is frequently described as a fascist party.
Gorka — who once said it would be “national suicide” to admit Muslim refugees — also spent time working for the Hungarian National Committee, a Jobbik-linked coalition led in part by the head of the ultra-nationalist 64 Counties Youth Movement, according to The Forward.
Although Jobbik has tried to soften its image in recent years, party leaders have called for a registry of all Jewish government officials and indulged in nostalgia for the reign of Regent Miklós Horthy, a Nazi collaborator. The Forward reports Magyar Jelen, the official paper of the 64 Counties Movement, has said that Hungarians “need to take back our country” from the Jews, who are “sucking on our blood, getting rich off our blood.”
Gorka told The Forward in an email that his short-lived party, the New Democratic Coalition, “was established in direct response to the unhealthy patterns visible at the time in Hungarian conservative politics.” He denied allying himself with far-right nationalists.
A major Austrian party founded by Nazis is in DC for political meetings

The leader of the Austrian Freedom Party says he met with Trump’s NSA adviser in December.
thinkprogress.org
When asked about a series of articles he had contributed to Magyar Demokrata — a publication that the U.S. State Department has said publishes anti-Semitic content — Gorka professed ignorance regarding the views of its editor.
But Gorka has telegraphed his affinity for the Hungarian hard-right as recently as this year. The night of Trump’s inauguration, he appeared on Fox News wearing an outfit reminiscent of Horthy’s government.
When asked earlier this week why he had worn a pin associated with Nazi collaborators, Gorka said it was “not a Nazi sympathizer pin” and that ThinkProgress should “Google it.”
Gorka aside, the Trump administration’s ties to European neo-fascist parties are both broad and deep. Before he was ousted earlier this month, National Security Adviser Michael Flynn apparently met with the leader of the Austrian Freedom Party, a far-right party founded by ex-Nazis. Top White House strategist Steve Bannon has expressed his admiration for hard-right parties like the UK Independence Party and France’s National Front — and former UKIP leader Nigel Farage himself has acted as an occasional Trump adviser.
Last month, National Front leader Marine Le Pen — currently a candidate for France’s presidency — was spotted in New York’s Trump Tower, though she said she was not there to meet with anyone connected to the administration.
Kira Lerner contributed reporting to this piece.
https://thinkprogress.org/amp/p/f518ec6 ... a88a59ad24
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:25 pm

^^^^ Oy!

I read those articles and had similar feelings, Sonic. The private prison industry is out of control, and soon will be beyond controlling. China's statement is of little concern and is true, much to the chagrin of western oligarchs.
Iamwhomiam

Postby 82_28 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:45 pm

Iamwhomiam » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:25 am wrote:^^^^ Oy!

I read those articles and had similar feelings, Sonic. The private prison industry is out of control, and soon will be beyond controlling. China's statement is of little concern and is true, much to the chagrin of western oligarchs.

Only cos it's been brought up, I just read this this morning out of Colorado:

Burlington struggles after closure of its largest employer, Kit Carson prison

It’s hard to find a person in Burlington without some connection to the vanilla-brick prison sitting empty at the edge of town, surrounded by barbed-wire fence and exercise yards of yellowed winter grass.

Most of the folks sipping ice tea at the VFW post and the ones visiting the bank along the town’s four-block Main Street either once worked at the prison, know someone who worked there or, at the least, are worried its closure will have long-term effects on Burlington’s roads and schools.
Related Articles

June 30, 2016 Kit Carson prison in Burlington to close; 142 jobs lost

Since Kit Carson Correctional Center closed last summer, the population of Burlington has dropped to about 3,600 from 4,200. Lost wages for the 142 former employees of the prison — the town’s largest employer — are estimated to exceed $2.4 million annually. Of the $12.2 million in taxes collected in Kit Carson County last year, $1.2 million was paid by the prison’s owner, Corrections Corporation of America.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/26/bu ... n-closure/

Apperently, I gotz some cousins who went straight into the police/sheriff/prison industry. At least that's from what I understand. They all grew up on the eastern plains of Colorado. I was the only city slicker in the family, as I lived in Denver. But I visited their compound (yes compound) once and even as a kid, I was terrified at the conditions. Anyhow, since you brought that up, I thought I would just add it. Somewhat interesting. Carry on.

Oh. Shit. I just read something about a farmer who plowed the word TRUMP into his field. I'll find it.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:48 pm

Here we go. . .

LIMON, Colorado — If you fly in or out of Denver soon, you might spot one of the nation's largest political signs.

Frustrated at some of the negativity coming from opponents of President Trump, Colorado rancher Doug Koehn hopped on his plow and carved the word “TRUMP” in big block letters into his field.

“The letters are 800 feet wide and approximately 800 feet long,” Koehn said. “A mile-long Trump.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /98402020/

Same area of the state and also I will add that that same area is where the KKK recruiters came into Denver from. There was some HQ out there.
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:15 pm

When the farmers in the mid west can't sell their corn to Mexico ..there will be a different message plowed into the corn fields
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby 82_28 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:49 pm

82_28 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:48 am wrote:Here we go. . .

LIMON, Colorado — If you fly in or out of Denver soon, you might spot one of the nation's largest political signs.

Frustrated at some of the negativity coming from opponents of President Trump, Colorado rancher Doug Koehn hopped on his plow and carved the word “TRUMP” in big block letters into his field.

“The letters are 800 feet wide and approximately 800 feet long,” Koehn said. “A mile-long Trump.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /98402020/

Same area of the state and also I will add that that same area is where the KKK recruiters came into Denver from. There was some HQ out there.

Twyla, who don't post no more here (I have to call her just to say hi) her sister was lured into the KKK shit in Colorado. I am telling you the right wing tried really fucking hard to get the whole punk or even skater scene into becoming racists. Denver itself was mostly impervious I would say. But they would ply the schools and malls. I knew many a racist who are probably dead now or just don't give a shit -- maybe they have been brought to life now. But they were pressuring Denver kids like crazy back then with intimidation. Only I sorta noticed it because, for some reason I have always been anti racist.

Now they are in control. Or a semblance of. But I do not know. Denver itself is safe I would say, as well as the mountains. But the plains? Hoo boy.
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion