*president trump is seriously dangerous*

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: *president trump is seriously dangerous*

Postby KUAN » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:44 pm

KUAN

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:27 am

seemslikeadream » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:10 pm wrote:up to 30 members of congress are boycotting the urineaugeration

standing with John Lewis was the reason since Trump opened up his big fat mouth

10,000 people showed up in Michigan protesting today

6,000 in Mass.

and so on and so on :)

Here is Bruce A. Dixon from Black Agenda Report (and who has about a trillion times more valid an opinion on John Lewis than you, or me:)

"Let's be real. John Lewis was a hero 58 years ago. Can anybody tell me what he's done heroic in the last decade or two? Or three? He's been in Congress 28 years now... Are joining the CIA and NYT is saying the Russians did it, or tweetfighting Big Cheeto or running away from single payer or voting for war budgets, even though you're supposed to be a pacifist acts of courage? Really? I'm just asking."
Last edited by Nordic on Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:09 am

my opinion about John Lewis is shaped by the 40 members of congress that are boycotting the urinegeration because of what Trump said about him.

John Lewis inspired 40 people so far to stand up to that fucker Trump that counts for something

Calling Trump illegit was fantastic after The Donald repeated over and over that Obama was not an American for years ..Trump can't take a black man calling him illegit

and of course no one is good enough for you Nordic not even a decent human being like John Lewis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p6FEzGXJUU
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:42 am

Nordic, Dixon's an activist and nobody in congress does enough to please most activists. The problem with entering the system to bring positive or progressive change is that you always become tainted by its worst actions, while whatever good you've done is ignored. There's always more good to be done. Well there used to be, anyway.
Iamwhomiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:12 am

JANUARY 17, 2017
Four Reasons Trump Will Quit
by DAVID MACARAY

As startling and unprecedented as it may be, there’s a good chance Donald Trump won’t finish out one term as president. Yes, Richard Nixon resigned from office, so technically, there was a “precedent,” but Nixon’s case was different. Nixon resigned in disgrace to avoid being impeached—to avoid being exposed as the Machiavellian felon and borderline neurotic he was. Trump won’t face impeachment. He’ll just quit.

Here are four reasons:

1. The job will simply prove to be too much of a grind. Even priding himself on being an accomplished delegator, the amount of work required of a sitting president—much of it tedious and enervating—will overwhelm him. He can delegate all he likes, but he’s still going to be president when he wakes up in the morning, and the demands of the job are going to put the zap on his head. They will crush him.

The fact that Trump himself has said he was “surprised” to have won (not nearly as surprised as the rest of us, Donald) indicates that running for president was, for him, just one more splashy opportunity to assert his ego and bask in the limelight. As for hard-boiled political commitment, there was never the barest trace of it.

People will argue that Ronald Reagan, who served two full terms, was a notorious, often distracted, delegator, and that’s true. But Reagan was not only governor of California, he was a seasoned political animal with a consistent and well-oiled three-pronged mantra: deregulation, low taxes, anti-communism. Trump has no such mantra, and no bedrock ideology to sustain him. Go back and look at what Trump has said. He’s been all over the map.

Once he settles into the job, and the novelty and luster wears off, he will not only grow restless and bored, he will realize that being president isn’t what he thought it was. Being U.S. president is not so much like being Emperor as is it like being Head Bureaucrat. And one thing Trump ain’t is a bureaucrat.

2. The economy will tank and he will get blamed. To paraphrase Alan Greenspan, circa 2007, the stock market is “irrationally high.” The Dow-Jones is now close to 20,000. Let us not forget that when Obama took office it was less than 6,600. Cycles being cycles, the market will fall, fortunes will be lost, new religions will be formed, and Trump, rightly or wrongly, will get blamed. And we already know how thin-skinned he is.

3. The media have a prodigious memory and are vindictive bastards. They will ravage him. After all the shoot-from-the-hip insults and nasty, juvenile remarks Trump leveled at the media during the campaign, there will be a veritable shit-storm of payback. These people don’t forget.

As gutless and co-opted by the Establishment as the MSM is, even presidents who are somewhat liked and respected occasionally get nipped up. And once the honeymoon is over, Trump will realize that he is neither liked nor respected. As a consequence he will remain squarely in the media’s crosshairs. It will be open season, a feeding frenzy.

4. He’s a quitter. Look at his history. Trump is a real estate tycoon, a mogul, an opportunist who buys when it’s low and sells when it’s high. Yet, even adhering to that practice, Trump has filed for bankruptcy protection four times and walked away from numerous ventures. He has no staying power and no interest in the long haul. He will quit. Mike Pence will become president. And how weird will that be?
http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/01/17/ ... will-quit/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby semper occultus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:29 am

...will Rick Perry actually remember which Department he works at...?
semper occultus

Postby liminalOyster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:58 am

seemslikeadream » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:12 pm wrote:
JANUARY 17, 2017
Four Reasons Trump Will Quit
by DAVID MACARAY

As startling and unprecedented as it may be, there’s a good chance Donald Trump won’t finish out one term as president. Yes, Richard Nixon resigned from office, so technically, there was a “precedent,” but Nixon’s case was different. Nixon resigned in disgrace to avoid being impeached—to avoid being exposed as the Machiavellian felon and borderline neurotic he was. Trump won’t face impeachment. He’ll just quit.

Here are four reasons:

1. The job will simply prove to be too much of a grind. Even priding himself on being an accomplished delegator, the amount of work required of a sitting president—much of it tedious and enervating—will overwhelm him. He can delegate all he likes, but he’s still going to be president when he wakes up in the morning, and the demands of the job are going to put the zap on his head. They will crush him.

The fact that Trump himself has said he was “surprised” to have won (not nearly as surprised as the rest of us, Donald) indicates that running for president was, for him, just one more splashy opportunity to assert his ego and bask in the limelight. As for hard-boiled political commitment, there was never the barest trace of it.

People will argue that Ronald Reagan, who served two full terms, was a notorious, often distracted, delegator, and that’s true. But Reagan was not only governor of California, he was a seasoned political animal with a consistent and well-oiled three-pronged mantra: deregulation, low taxes, anti-communism. Trump has no such mantra, and no bedrock ideology to sustain him. Go back and look at what Trump has said. He’s been all over the map.

Once he settles into the job, and the novelty and luster wears off, he will not only grow restless and bored, he will realize that being president isn’t what he thought it was. Being U.S. president is not so much like being Emperor as is it like being Head Bureaucrat. And one thing Trump ain’t is a bureaucrat.

2. The economy will tank and he will get blamed. To paraphrase Alan Greenspan, circa 2007, the stock market is “irrationally high.” The Dow-Jones is now close to 20,000. Let us not forget that when Obama took office it was less than 6,600. Cycles being cycles, the market will fall, fortunes will be lost, new religions will be formed, and Trump, rightly or wrongly, will get blamed. And we already know how thin-skinned he is.

3. The media have a prodigious memory and are vindictive bastards. They will ravage him. After all the shoot-from-the-hip insults and nasty, juvenile remarks Trump leveled at the media during the campaign, there will be a veritable shit-storm of payback. These people don’t forget.

As gutless and co-opted by the Establishment as the MSM is, even presidents who are somewhat liked and respected occasionally get nipped up. And once the honeymoon is over, Trump will realize that he is neither liked nor respected. As a consequence he will remain squarely in the media’s crosshairs. It will be open season, a feeding frenzy.

4. He’s a quitter. Look at his history. Trump is a real estate tycoon, a mogul, an opportunist who buys when it’s low and sells when it’s high. Yet, even adhering to that practice, Trump has filed for bankruptcy protection four times and walked away from numerous ventures. He has no staying power and no interest in the long haul. He will quit. Mike Pence will become president. And how weird will that be?
http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/01/17/ ... will-quit/

I don't buy it. I'm very concerned about that part of the Trump opposition that portrays him as a psychological caricature - ie he's an idiot, a narcissist, a "quitter," etc. I feel this was one of the huge errors the Left (and Liberals) made with W. People relished in the idea he was a fool and felt their satire was, for all intents and purposes, basically active or activist. Meanwhile he trounced us. Or, at least, Cheney did. Now I see it repeating with Trump. Never mind that, one way or another, he has ascended to the most powerful political position in the world. Never mind he beat out more than 15 other contenders for the Republican nomination, spent far less than a more popular and more established candidate, etc.

Trump is smart. He's savvy. He's dangerous. We need to treat him as such, no?
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:05 am

Russian President Vladimir Putin jumped to the defense of Donald Trump

Putin: People Behind Trump Dossier ‘Worse Than Prostitutes

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/17/putin ... z4W210ETml

Vladimir Putin defends Donald Trump, who he says is being “undermined”
http://www.salon.com/2017/01/17/vladimi ... ndermined/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:19 am

It's horrifying to think he's entering the presidency at a later age than Reagan. Maybe horrifying is the wrong choice of word.

D.C. police have been banned from wearing body cameras during the inauguration. Interesting to note that the police want to wear body cameras. That's reform right there.

Abolish the police!
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:08 pm

Trump's inauguration will be protested in all 50 states and 32 countries
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /96574160/

Poll: Trump will take office as least popular president in at least 4 decades
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 26eb8a64aa

44 congress members boycotting now
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby brainpanhandler » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:10 pm

liminalOyster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:58 am wrote:Trump is smart. He's savvy. He's dangerous. We need to treat him as such, no?

Dangerous? Certainly. Smart and savvy? What evidence is there for that? He's an unscrupulous predator. His 'success' in this world is not evidence of his smarts or savviness. He's a prima facie moron and I don't think there's any reason to believe otherwise. The amoral sociopath has an advantage over the morally scrupulous in this world. I think it is a horrible mistake to believe one's enemies are stupid simply because they are wrong, but Trump is both stupid and wrong. The den of murdering thieves he has surrounded himself with are another story.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby liminalOyster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:24 pm

SLAD, do see any parallel between an obstructionist congress that entirely knee-capped Obama and the current inauguration boycott?

As absurd as it sounded to my historically Left/progressive/anarchist ears, the Right wing portrayal of Obama as the harbringer of the globalist apocalypse, stripped of content, now seems like something of a sympathetic precursor, energetically at least (and maybe semiotically,) to our current anti-Trumpism.

I can't help but notice that Bernie's take on the situation, again, diverges: http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.765371

I'm no more sympathetic to Trump than you are but I can't make the leap from being so inspired by the Bernie campaign to now allying with establishment dems simply because Trump is so monstrous.

on edit: BPH, I think the controversial Taiwan call maybe a good example. The dogshit end of the MSM (HuffPo) took off running with pappy stories mocking Trump for having done the call out of sheer stupidity and ignorance when it now seems, to me at least, that the call was entirely in line with a dangerous geopolitical philosophy. Do I really think Trump is "smart" by any metric that I value? No, of course not. But he has played his cards over the past few years extremely wisely (and entirely possibly also sociopathically,) judging by the outcome. For that matter, the patchwork nature of his cabinet seems to me, sadly, somewhat intelligent. They're not ideologically unified and they appeal to his base in different ways such that I don't see them as likely to form a counter-force to his whims.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:41 pm

brainpanhandler » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:10 am wrote:Smart and savvy? What evidence is there for that?

WHAT INDEED? WHAT POSSIBLE EVIDENCE COULD THERE BE?

Why are we discussing him again? He's...what, he's our WHAT? OH SHIT. I GUESS THAT'S A BIG DATA POINT RIGHT THERE.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:50 pm

:rofl: ^^^^
Iamwhomiam

Postby 82_28 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:51 pm

This is all immaterial but many find it interesting (I do) that he will be the first "president" without a pet. I mean conventional pet, not some sardonic remark on his family and shit. The reason he hasn't a pet is because he has empathy for no entity. Even Hitler loved dogs and was a vegetarian. Apples and oranges perhaps.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion