Is Trump being backed by the US military?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Is Trump being backed by the US military?

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:23 pm

Searcher08 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:44 pm wrote:All of R.I. is curious about the thoughts of an easily-triggered ivory tower constructor with a
penchant for suspension and a vulnerability for bivalent logic say?

Perhaps the two should attempt an actual discussion on this article, as a Fullerian experiment... Is it possible? Would the Laws of Conversational Physics be violated if it took place? Might there be a useful, interesting exchange?

:ohwh ...did any of that make sense while you were typing it?
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Searcher08 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:45 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:23 pm wrote:
Searcher08 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:44 pm wrote:All of R.I. is curious about the thoughts of an easily-triggered ivory tower constructor with a
penchant for suspension and a vulnerability for bivalent logic say?

Perhaps the two should attempt an actual discussion on this article, as a Fullerian experiment... Is it possible? Would the Laws of Conversational Physics be violated if it took place? Might there be a useful, interesting exchange?

:ohwh ...did any of that make sense while you were typing it?

JR said
What I'm dying to know is, what would a nerdish patsy with a vulnerability for macho con-artists say?
Is it OODA or is it Dunning-Kruger that's relevant here?

which (I expect) is directed at me as he has brought up D-K several times around me, the last time a few weeks ago.
I replied in kind - easily triggered = easily annoyed by me; ivory tower constructor = academic; penchant for suspension (from RI) = well, you do the math; vulnerability for bivalent logic = my opinion that he tends to see the world in binaries.

It was an attempt to match his post. JR was referring to the Deep Code article you posted, IMO the most interesting thing posted on RI in 2017 (thank you btw)

I was attempting to see if Jack would be interested in having an exchange about this article and suggesting it might be worth a go as an experiment, in a similar manner to how Bucky Fuller would just try things for the hell of it.

I wanted to communicate hopefulness, while acknowledging the history between us being somewhat icy, so posted an image of Hell actually freezing over, so JR and myself might even have a constructive, interesting exchange.

This whole thing took place in a context of some despair at the lack of interesting conversation on the board. At one point over the last week, I look at GD and 80% of the threads or latest replies were from AD or slad, often filled with long 'chains' of posts without replies.
Last edited by Searcher08 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Searcher08

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:49 pm

All of R.I. is curious about the thoughts of an easily-triggered ivory tower constructor with a penchant for suspension and a vulnerability for bivalent logic say?

I thought you were talking about Wombat! :rofl2
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Searcher08 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:57 pm

coffin_dodger » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:49 pm wrote:
All of R.I. is curious about the thoughts of an easily-triggered ivory tower constructor with a penchant for suspension and a vulnerability for bivalent logic say?

Well, the meaning of one's communication is the response one gets, regardless of intention, I guess a self-delivered custard pie may be in order. Perhaps JR will understand. :)
Searcher08

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:57 pm

coffin_dodger » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:49 pm wrote:

Exactly! It was wide open. Appreciate the explanation.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby stefano » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:52 am

Brump
stefano

Previous

Return to General Discussion