Is Trump being backed by the US military?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Is Trump being backed by the US military?

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:48 am

freemason9 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:16 pm wrote:The military had no hand in this election. Donald Trump is a media creation, and the media caused his election--not because they supported him, but because he is a ratings magnet. American media is a disgrace and has been for nearly four decades.

Can't say no hand, who knows? He has an extremist faction of the military and deep milieu backing him, however small in relation to the whole. But yes, what you say. Yes. You have identified the first and most important culprit in the Trump ascendancy: U.S.-based corporate news and entertainment media. Every other factor came later and many factors are important, but all come second. A disgrace. They made him, then they tried to stop him after a fashion (it was at that point that the Clinton campaign failed epically), now they are with some exceptions working to normalize him.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:15 am

So, how is this fantasy of military support for Trump doing?

Is this a junta of the Alt-Right?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /97210776/

In one of three executive actions Saturday, President Trump reshuffled the National Security Council to include his chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, and limited the roles of the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

The memorandum makes the chief strategist a regular attendee of the principals committee, the Cabinet-level interagency forum that deals with policy issues affecting national security. For Bannon, the Washington outsider who ran the conservative website Breitbart News, it's another area of federal government in which he will have influence.

The Trump strategist is already considered a controversial choice for chief strategist because of Breitbart News's tendency to cater to white nationalists and previous comments he's made (i.e. "turn on the hate").

The memo also stated that the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff will attend the principals committee meetings when issues related to their responsibilities are needed. According to The Hill, both officials have been regular attendees to principals committee meetings.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:18 am

self-described Leninist at the NSC

“Lenin, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.

- Bannon

Steve Bannon, Bolshevik: Maybe Donald Trump’s alt-right Svengali really is a “Leninist”
http://www.salon.com/2016/11/19/steve-b ... -leninist/

ya think?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby kelley » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:23 pm

[quote="JackRiddler » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:15 am"]So, how is this fantasy of military support for Trump doing?

Is this a junta of the Alt-Right?

[quote]

i'll keep stating this over and over and over

junta or theocracy

or quite possibly an opportunistic alliance between the two in a blatant power grab following whatever last straw scenario breaks the back of a guaranteed constitutional crisis

pence and his psychotic xtian fundy ilk are just sitting there a step from the idiot switch
kelley

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:31 pm

seemslikeadream » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:20 pm wrote:
The Horrific Specter of the "Post-Fleming Amendment" Fundamentalist Christian Military
Sunday, 11 August 2013 13:02
By Mikey Weinstein, AlterNet | Op-Ed

From its inception, our American republic has been a melting pot among nations. Citizens originating from every region of the world, from every religious background and no religious background, and from every ethnicity have sought to make a living for themselves and their families within our borders. This cultural and ethnic alloy has only been made possible by the foundational protections established within our Constitution, its construing federal and state case law, and the subordinate laws serving to uphold it. Recently, a perversion of the sacrosanct principle of freedom of religion enshrined in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution has found its way to Congress through the evil bigotry of a repugnant Christian fundamentalist carpetbagger and Congressman by the name of John Fleming (R-LA 4th).
The Constitutionally-derelict Rep. Fleming believes that any way to abridge the ability of service members to express their deeply-held religious convictions somehow constitutes a conspiratorial "threat" to their rights of free speech. At first glance, his Religious Liberty Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act of 2014 would seem innocuous enough. In actual practice, however, the bill would give carte blanche to those who would wreak havoc on the morale, good order, and discipline of U.S. servicemembers who faithfully serve in the United States armed forces. What Fleming's amendment would do is add any type of "actions and speech" to the protected religious freedoms of servicemembers, thus rendering commanders all but helpless to stop potential problems until such actions or speech reach the point that they "actually harm" (a euphemistic phrase for “irreparably damage”) good order and discipline.
As the Obama White House rightly stated in its objection to the amendment:
"By limiting the discretion of commanders to address potentially problematic speech and actions within their units, this provision would have a significant adverse effect on good order, discipline, morale, and mission accomplishment."
We at the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) know all too well what the true consequences stemming from the signing of this "Christian Talibanistic" amendment would be. It would generate a thoroughly dreadful nightmare of civil rights desecration wrought by a tsunami of unabated fundamentalist Christian supremacy, exceptionalism, and tyranny.
Within the last 72 hours, we received yet another signal, among thousands, of exactly what our military would look like if Fleming's despicable amendment is signed into law. In a fit of philosophical dissonance that I like to call “G.I. Jesus Tourette’s Syndrome,” Staff Sergeant (SSgt) Zach Frith of the USAF's 187th Fighter Wing took it upon himself to steer his fellow airmen away from what he believes to be the “wrong religion” through a literally shocking and shameful email addressed to the entirety of the 187th:
Dear friends of the 187th,
Due to the influential power that a chaplain might have over the life of a military member, I'm strongly compelled to inform you of what is True in regard to how one may come before or come to know God. That truth is in the word of God and that truths' name is Jesus Christ.
(JOHN 14:6) Jesus said to him (Thomas, the doubter), "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father(God) but through Me".
And I understand that this e-mail might have consequences or ridicule to follow but I'd rather suffer that than have those around me be lied to about something that could have a detrimental impact on their soul.
Sincerely, SSgt Zach Frith
SSgt Frith was prompted to inform his peers, superiors, and subordinates that his personal religion of choice is superior to all others after a military chaplain had merely shared an informative interview that described the traditions surrounding Ramadan. In doing so, this fundamentalist Christian religious predator committed egregious violations of the United States Constitution, DoD directives, regulations, and instructions, as well as the Uniform Code of Military Justice. The mere offering by an armed forces chaplain of even the slightest scintilla of perspective and information about religious traditions that “deviate” from his favorite flavor of fundamentalist Christian tradition was seen as a dastardly threat to SSgt Frith's beliefs granting him “just cause” to degrade, denigrate, and belittle those who don’t subscribe to his wretchedly parochial conception of his chosen faith. Fleming's despicable amendment, if signed into law, would revoke any meaningful authority that military commanders have to prevent and punish utterly reprehensible behavior like that of the ignoble SSgt Frith.
To his credit, COL Black, the Air Force's Commander of the 187th, was quick to notify his Wing of exactly why SSgt Frith's "actions and speech" in sending his email were wrong:
In light of today's mass email, I would like to re-emphasize the role of chaplains in our wing....It is no surprise some folks have very strong religious views and are not hesitant to share them; however, using a DoD system to express your personal viewpoint is inappropriate and will be addressed....We may not always agree with others' viewpoints regardless of the subject matter, but we need to be respectful of everyone's right to hold their beliefs.
Had the Fleming amendment been in effect, however, COL Black would not have been able to address the self-serving statements of vicious religious bigotry in SSgt Frith's email. Instead, Frith's "actions and speech" would have been protected under the guise of Rep. Fleming's insidious mockery of religious freedom.
In short, Fleming wants to give free reign to every fundamentalist evangelical dominionist Christian in our military to be as hostile, tyrannical, and disrespectful to others as they want. This travesty of Old School fundamentalist Christian triumphalism is the true content of “religious liberty” as cooked up by Fleming and his dominionist ilk. Here we have a Staff Sergeant - a non-commissioned officer - publicly telling his USAF subordinates via unsolicited mass email that if they don't believe in his version of weaponized Jesus they're simply wrong and seriously endangering their eternal souls. Arrogance, thy name indeed be Frith.
Meanwhile, a seditious alliance of representatives in Congress is feverishly laboring to make sure that these types of unconstitutional train wrecks happen at an even greater pace with absolutely no repercussions. It takes a twisted and tortured crusader mentality to think that encouraging this vulgar, seditious behavior will do anything but annihilate the good order, morale, and discipline of our valiant war fighters.
There is some remnant of comfort to be derived from the acknowledgement that the command does not approve of the unlawful use of government networks and military rank to hammer into the heads of our servicemembers the order that they have only one religion to choose from. The 15 MRFF client-whistleblowers (14 of whom are Protestant Christians) from the 187th who courageously reported this incident to MRFF are surely grateful. However, the glaring question still stands; what will be done? Will this rapaciously proselytizing, fundamentalist, USAF SSgt Christian bully simply be given a perfunctory tongue lashing and/or wrist slap and be sent happily on his way? Will there be any consequences of ANY significance whatsoever for so willfully, flagrantly, and blatantly violating his oath to the U.S. Constitution as well as DoD and Air Force policy? Or is this simply yet another pathetic example of our military shrinking in the face of the law, rendering it inapplicable and impotent when the name of Jesus is publicly invoked, especially to helpless subordinates?
It is the hope of all of us at MRFF that COL Black will have the intestinal fortitude to appropriately discipline SSgt Frith, however dubious the odds. As St. Augustine said, "Punishment is justice for the unjust."

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/ ... p?p=517389

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT3--3cm8aQ

The Domestic Conspiracy Is Hiding In Plain Sight Erik Prince
Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:14 pm
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40315&p=628350&hilit=eric+prince#p628350
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:47 pm

Pence is worse, absolutely.

But Trump is a weapon, they're actually weaker without him. (It depends on the degree to which the Democrats succeed with Operation Normalize if Trump goes down.)

The road out of here probably leads through President Pence. Not looking forward to it.

JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:57 pm

seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:15 am wrote:
Meet Mike Pompeo, the Far-Right Christian Zealot Who Will Lead Trump's CIA
Rep. Mike Pompeo is a Rapture-believing evangelical who sees "radical Islam" at work in small-town America.
By Heather Digby Parton / Salon January 13, 2017

One of the many side stories that has been lost in the chaos of the Trump transition is the fact that far-right Islamophobe Frank Gaffney has been serving as a foreign policy adviser. Considering President-elect Donald Trump’s views about Muslims, this isn’t too surprising.

Trump’s shallow understanding of the issue of Islamist extremism has obviously been gleaned from the right-wing fever swamps and Gaffney owns that end of the bog. (The Southern Poverty Law Center has posted a full Gaffney dossier.)

But with all the excitement over Trump’s various mounting scandals, Gaffney’s influence has flown under the radar, at least until this week. That’s when one of his close associates went to Capitol Hill to testify at his CIA director confirmation hearing. That’s right, Trump’s nominee to run the Central Intelligence Agency, Rep. Mike Pompeo of Kansas, is a Gaffney guy.

This article by Michelle Goldberg in Slate delves into Pompeo’s ultra-conservative religious beliefs, which clearly inform his ideas about Islam. And it led him to an alliance with Gaffney, who is so extreme that he believes Grover Norquist is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood who has infiltrated the National Rifle Association. He is so far out there that he was banned from CPAC for insisting that their board was similarly tainted. According to Goldberg, Trump’s CIA director nominee appears frequently on Pompeo’s radio show:

Gaffney once called Pompeo “one of the most intelligent men I know in public life,” and the two see the world similarly. In February 2015, they spoke about President Obama’s use of the term “violent extremism” instead of “radical Islam,” a linguistic choice that some on the right see as a secret message of solidarity with jihad. Gaffney suggested that Obama might be conveying “an affinity” for ISIS’s cause, if not all its tactics: “the raising up of the Muslim Ummah, a grand rebalancing of America’s role in the world.” Pompeo relied, “Frank, every place you stare at the president’s policies and statements, you see what you just described … every policy of this administration has treated America as if we are the problem and not the solution.”

While we have no word on Pompeo’s position on Grover Norquist, he has told Gaffney on his show that he believes “there are organizations and networks here in the United States tied to radical Islam in deep and fundamental ways. They’re not just in places like Libya and Syria and Iraq, but in places like Coldwater, Kansas, and small towns all throughout America.”

Pompeo is a deeply conservative evangelical Christian who says, “America had worshipped other Gods and called it multiculturalism. We’d endorsed perversion and called it an alternative lifestyle.” He believes politics is “a never-ending struggle … until the rapture.” He does not sound like the type of person one normally associates with the intelligence community. But this is the Trump administration, and Trump has promised to shake things up. An apocalyptic Islamophobic fanatic at the head of CIA will no doubt bring change to the agency.

Before the hearings began on Thursday, I had assumed one of Trump’s main attractions to Pompeo for the job must have been his enthusiastic support for CIA torture. He was on the record after the Senate Select Intelligence Committee’s report as being fully supportive of the program:

“Our men and women who were tasked to keep us safe in the aftermath of 9/11 — our military and our intelligence warriors — are heroes, not pawns in some liberal game being played by the ACLU and Senator Feinstein,” Pompeo said in a statement on Dec. 9, 2014. “These men and women are not torturers, they are patriots. The programs being used were within the law, within the constitution, and conducted with the full knowledge [of] Senator Feinstein. If any individual did operate outside of the program’s legal framework, I would expect them to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.”

They were done under secret legal findings and were not within the Constitution, but that’s another story. The fact is that Pompeo was clearly an advocate of torture and his new boss, Donald Trump, is ecstatic about it:

“They asked me, What do you think about waterboarding, Mr. Trump?’ I said I love it. I love it, I think it’s great. And I said the only thing is, we should make it much tougher than waterboarding, and if you don’t think it works folks, you’re wrong.”

Trump has also declared that his presidential orders to torture suspected terrorists would not be refused by those under him. When told that torture is illegal, he simply said he would change the law because we “have to get tougher.”

Pompeo surprised the committee when he said he would not comply with an order to torture and that he couldn’t imagine Trump would ask him to do it. He insisted he would always comply with the law. Of course, he also says the Bush administration’s torture regime was legal, so that’s not entirely reassuring. Still, Pompeo’s testimony was widely interpreted as distancing him from Trump’s stated position.

Pompeo also seemed to come down hard on the Russian hacking allegations, which was again seen as diverting from the Trump party line. But then it was pointed out that he had enthusiastically tweeted about the hacking of the DNC, and Pompeo stumbled badly under questioning by Sen. Angus King of Maine. King asked Pompeo if he thinks WikiLeaks is a reliable source, and Pompeo said he did not. Then King inquired why Pompeo had cited WikiLeaks as “proof” that “the fix was in.” Pompeo hemmed and hawed, and finally said he’d have to go back and look at it. But that tweet shows that Pompeo has the temperament of a right-wing political activist, not the sober and mature temperament required for the job of CIA director.

Like many of Trump’s nominees, he deviated just enough from the boss’s craziest pronouncements and policies to give the impression that he will serve as a moderating force in the administration. This seems odd, considering Trump’s domineering personality. It is more likely that Trump and his team are telling the nominees to say whatever they need to say to be confirmed.

Maybe Trump isn’t listening to what his nominees say on the Hill, or just doesn’t care. Whatever the case, it doesn’t matter. Trump will be the president and they will either do as he says or they will have to resign. Judging from Pompeo’s past comments and his apocalyptic worldview, if Trump orders actions against “radical Islamic terrorists” or demands that suspects be tortured, he will probably have no problem following orders. Indeed, he will likely be eager to do it.
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politi ... trumps-cia

posting.php?mode=quote&f=8&p=627454
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:05 pm

Yeah, the Christianist faction/networks within the military. Stuff Sharlet writes about. That makes eminent sense, does it not?

Bannon, it's like what if Roy Cohn had been trying to pull off his promotion of Shine from the inside. Possibly a thousand Shines.

JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:11 pm

I believe the trumpty dumpties have a false flag already in the works...now that they got their ban in place it's on to the next move

somebody better start taking this guy seriously

So, my fellow Americans, when the next terrorist attack happens -- and it will happen, we all know that -- and after the tragedy is over, amidst the death and destruction that might have been prevented, you will see Donald Trump acting quickly to blame everyone but himself. He will suspend constitutional rights. He will round up anyone he deems a threat. He will declare war, and his Republican Congress will back him.
Michael Moore
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:37 pm

I have been reading Sharlet for years but I will tell you what. Nobody thought any of this possible a couple of years ago. Yet it happened. I was chilled to the bone when I was introduced to his writing, oh god, at least 15 years ago about the surge of military mentality. In fact, it chilled me to the bone so much that I remember the exact place I read it. Maybe it is just me, but I sent out the clarion call to everyone I knew that the military is moving to take over and it will never end. Besides me, I don't think anyone I know reads Harper's. I try to turn them onto it but it is just way too much reading (even for me!). But he called it before any of this even began. The military is to be worshipped.

I have been told by family members that I would not last one day in the military in any form or whatever the fuck they call themselves. I would most certainly have to whip out the old "fuck you". I stay far far away from this shit but it keeps menacing everyone. Now fucking everyone says "thank you for your service" or some shit. Motherfucking Iraq for one, where is the fucking concern for hundreds of thousands of Iraqis killed, families destroyed? All we care about is some dick at the airport who might be a nice guy, but we're most concerned about the people who had a hand in the start of this shit? Where the fuck are the memorials and shit of those who have been destroyed by overwhelming force in which they had no say and no defense? The "United States" cannot be broken up soon enough.

That said I like the joint. I love the history absolutely -- like anywhere. But there is a shit ton of interesting shit everywhere. We in the US are now part of the detritus of history because of the sins of our brainwashed progenitors.

Perhaps "we" will rule the world and not be proud and then be blamed and incarcerated for not being proud. Perhaps. . .
Last edited by 82_28 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:28 pm

We're seeing the battle lines getting drawn over the immigrant detentions in real time this weekend.

Definitely looks like DHS is 100% on Trump's side -- Congress and the judiciary being among those on the other.

This is going to be one of the most interesting years in American history. And the whole world gets to watch in real time!
Wombaticus Rex

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:11 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:28 pm wrote:We're seeing the battle lines getting drawn over the immigrant detentions in real time this weekend.

Definitely looks like DHS is 100% on Trump's side -- Congress and the judiciary being among those on the other.

This is going to be one of the most interesting years in American history. And the whole world gets to watch in real time!

Enjoying the movie, are we? Can't help but binge watch? Don't think I'm pointing a finger now. I've taken to reloading RealDonaldTrump. God help us all.

JackRiddler

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:32 pm

I've had the popcorn & beer out for probably 5-8 years now, yes. I was once an activist, an optimist, but I am not that now.

I've had a few folks try to convince me I should feel guilty about being so entertained by the suffering, anxiety and fear of other human beings, but it hasn't been persuasive. Especially considering they're watching the exact same movie every day. We are not participants, we are spectators.

An interesting read here, steeped in war metaphors:
https://medium.com/deep-code/situationa ... .hs4uikmqy

To use a concept from Gilles Deleuze, the Trump Insurgency is a nomadic war machine and it is in the process of smoothing the space of communication. To use a simpler metaphor, if you imagine the Trump Insurgency as highly effective desert guerrillas, they are currently in the process of turning everything into a desert. The Establishment, optimized for “jungle conflict”, is going to have a hard time.

From where I sit, it seems evident that the Insurgency’s ability to read-plan-react (their “OODA loop”) is simply of a higher order than the legacy power structures. For at least the past 18 months, the Insurgency has been running circles around the the Establishment and the old media. Accordingly, I fully expect the Insurgency to win this fight. Specifically, for all functional purposes, I expect the memetic efficacy of the New York Times, CNN, the Washington Post, MSNBC and related channels to be near zero within the next two to four years. I would not be surprised to see several of these entities actually out of business.

Now, there was no shortage of OODA nerdery fawning over Bannon & Co during the election, of course, and most of it just amounts to noise. I did rather like the metaphor of Tuaregs converting the cities and forests into desert. Total epistemic uncertainty. Most OODAnalyis completely omits The Entire Fucking Point of Boyd's model: WINNING THE FIGHT AND ENDING THE CONFLICT. It's not just about having a faster orientation routine, it's about degrading and destroying your opponent's very ability to think, to reason, to react.

By moving quickly and decisively against the Deep State allies of globalism at home and erecting nationalist resilience to global institutional influence (e.g, high tariffs and protectionist monetary policy), combined with shaping a narrative that points all bad economic news directly at globalists, the Insurgency might well be able to cut most globalist power off at the knees.

Notably, even large multi-national corporations — until recently appearing to be pulling the strings of political policy — seem to be rapidly capitulating to the Insurgency. The two major globalist forces that have not yet been publicly tested are the energy companies and the banks. What will happen here remains to be seen. A cynic might suggest that the Insurgency itself is only superficially populist and in fact really simply represents the interests of Energy and Banks against other elites. That cynic might be right, we shall see.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Elvis » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:10 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:I've had the popcorn & beer out for probably 5-8 years now, yes. I was once an activist, an optimist, but I am not that now.

FBI Uncovers Al-Qaeda Plot To Just Sit Back And Enjoy Collapse Of United States

April 15, 2014
Vol 50 Issue 15 News · Terrorism · World · Government · Al-Qaeda

A recent al-Qaeda video shows a militant training to carry out his mission of lying back and watching America’s status as a superpower erode

WASHINGTON—Putting the nation on alert against what it has described as a “highly credible terrorist threat,” the FBI announced today that it has uncovered a plot by members of al-Qaeda to sit back and enjoy themselves while the United States collapses of its own accord.

Multiple intelligence agencies confirmed that the militant Islamist organization and its numerous affiliates intend to carry out a massive, coordinated plan to stand aside and watch America’s increasingly rapid decline, with terrorist operatives across the globe reportedly mobilizing to take it easy, relax, and savor the spectacle as it unfolds.

“We have intercepted electronic communication indicating that al-Qaeda members are actively plotting to stay out of the way while America as we know it gradually crumbles under the weight of its own self-inflicted debt and disrepair,” FBI Deputy Director Mark F. Giuliano told the assembled press corps. “If this plan succeeds, it will leave behind a nation with a completely dysfunctional economy, collapsing infrastructure, and a catastrophic health crisis afflicting millions across the nation. We want to emphasize that this danger is very real.”

“And unfortunately, based on information we have from intelligence assets on the ground, this plot is already well under way,” he added.

A recently declassified CIA report confirmed that all known al-Qaeda-affiliated organizations—from Pakistan to Yemen, and from Somalia to Algeria—have been instructed to kick back and enjoy the show as the United States’ federal government, energy grid, and industrial sector are rendered impotent by internal dissent, decay, and mismanagement. According to statements made by top-level informants and corroborated by leading Western terrorism experts, if seen through to its conclusion, al-Qaeda’s current plot could wreak far more damage than the events of 9/11.

In the past year, money transfers to al-Qaeda cells around the world have reportedly been accompanied by instructions to use the funds to outfit safe houses with the proper equipment to receive American cable news broadcasts and view top U.S. news websites, allowing terrorists to fully relish each detail of the impending demise of the last global superpower.

Additionally, FBI officials made public an internal al-Qaeda video today in which the terrorist organization’s leader Ayman al-Zawahiri chillingly exhorts his followers to “take a load off” and “unwind” in the name of jihad, and really cherish the victory over their enemy.

“Praise Allah, for soon every American city shall be plagued with disaster and hardship,” al-Zawahiri said in the video, which includes several minutes of footage of young, masked al-Qaeda militants casually sipping beverages as they thumb through the latest issues of Time and U.S. News And World Report. “The infidels have brought this pain and destruction upon themselves through their arrogance and callousness. Soon, the United States will watch in horror as its bridges crumble, its desperate citizens suffer in want of medicine and paying employment, and its once vast riches are reduced to naught. The righteous warriors among our ranks must now unite, get comfortable, and look on from afar at the calamity unfolding in the West.”

“We vow that we will not cease sitting around and laughing it up until America is reduced to rubble,” he continued.

Al-Zawahiri, who is seen in the video reclining back in his chair, putting his feet up, and flipping on CNN, later shouts “Allahu Akbar!” when a story is aired about the decade-long trend of stagnant wages among American workers.

The FBI has also warned that numerous al-Qaeda agents may have established sleeper cells for the purpose of “getting a kick out of” the nation’s downfall on American soil. The bureau urged U.S. residents to use caution around schools, hospitals, legislative bodies, prisons, and other decaying institutions whose imminent failure terrorists may wish to observe up close.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, one high-ranking U.S. counterterrorism official has described the present situation as a massive failure of intelligence.

“The warning signs were there all along, but unfortunately we failed to heed them,” said the official, who advised Americans to brace for widespread devastation. “If we’d listened to experts or even our own common sense, we would’ve realized that this plot was being actively orchestrated within our own borders. But we didn’t, and now every one of our citizens and our very way of life is at risk from this threat.”

“Sadly, al-Qaeda has us right where they want us,” the official added, “and at this point, I fear it is too late to do anything about it.”

Responding to the allegations, a spokesperson for al-Qaeda reportedly confirmed the terror group’s plot and praised the American people as martyrs of the highest order.

http://www.theonion.com/article/fbi-unc ... d-en-35788
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:16 pm

:thumbsup
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion