The Trump Spectacle & the Corporate-Media Noise Machine

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Trump Spectacle & the Corporate-Media Noise Machine

Postby km artlu » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:56 pm

What made her think that photo was a good idea?

Adam Carolla has a succinct inside show-biz answer to that. It was "a high-risk investment". Such investments. when successful, yield a higher return. Celebs whining about The Donald are now so commonplace that risk is almost non-existent, and the potential yield is commensurately low.

Griffin has only apparently made a career-investment miscalculation. Wait a month and it's entirely plausible that her team will have successfully spun this so that she'll emerge as a triumphant icon of 'the resistance'. If so, the risk/reward ratio will have ultimately proved favorable.
km artlu

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:12 pm

I think you and Mr Carolla have got it exactly right. And if you move fast, you could have an instant bestseller on your hands.

The EMOTIONAL INCONTINENCE Method

Be The Worst You Can Be!

No Shame - No Gain!

Fame & Fortune In Just Five Mortifying Steps

by Adam Carolla and K.M. Artlu

(Yes, every bestseller requires at least three subtitles nowadays. People have to be able to read the book before they buy it.)

It shouldn't be more than about 100 pages long. One week's work, max. Large type, big spaces, lots of cartoons and photos and bullet points and funny jokes and exclamation marks!! But with a serious and uplifting message!!! You could fill the back cover with testimonials from, say, Kathy Griffin, Caitlyn Jenner, Keith Olbermann, Alex Jones, and the Leave Britney Alone guy. None of them is averse to publicity of any kind, or to acquiring it by any means possible.

Talking of which, Donald Trump will surely be happy to provide a foreword, in tweet form. A 17-part tweetstorm. He could call it "My Struggle".

You could arrange a tie-in with Oprah and an appearance on her show. You should both weep when you meet her, until the audience applauds and also weeps. Then Oprah will weep too, then you'll all smile through the tears, then the audience will cheer and whistle and stamp their feet, and weep. It'll be a truly beautiful moment. You are so brave.

Damn, I'm crying myself now. Trump has broken me too. Russian scum! I need to read your book. You need to write it. I deserve it. If you don't, you'll ruin my life, you bitch. I'm scared. Why are you persecuting me? I am going to eat my own nose.

- Shit, I'm beginning to believe this could really work. I demand an acknowledgement and a modest 10% of the profits. (I have always wanted a penthouse apartment on Central Park West.)
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby km artlu » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:07 pm

At last, the solid business plan my life has been lacking. Thank you Mac.

This and Evergreen College in one week have me nurturing faint hope that peak idiocy has been reached.
km artlu

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Don't mention it. But don't forget the 10% 15%.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Harvey » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:38 pm

^ ^^ROFL.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby km artlu » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:41 pm

You bet Mac. We're solid on the 7.5%.
km artlu

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:50 pm

We have a winner, km. Glad we've agreed on 20%. You're a gentleman I can do business with. Goddammit, you wonderful bastard, c'mere, gimme a hug.

Random House will publish it, I know the guy there, he owes me. Every publisher should have such a name. Faber & Faber. Random & Random. Futile & Hollowe. Sue, Grabbitt & Runne.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby norton ash » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:36 pm

Dewey, Cheatham & Howe
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby alloneword » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:24 pm

I was (in a half-arsed fashion) looking for a thread to leave this on - it certainly doesn't warrant one of it's own - and this one sort of fits...

Imagine, if you can, that you could distil the entire 'Trump Spectacle' into one single physical object. What would that object be?

Earlier today, a (UK) national retail chain - renowned purveyors of cheap tat 'Poundland' - saw fit to drop a leaflet full of Christmas gift suggestions through my door. It contained (helpfully labelled with the word 'LOL') this item:

And there it is. The years of breathless announcements of 'bombshells', whatevergates, walls that inexorably closing in, all of it... manifest in the form of a novelty toilet brush, likely made by some kid in China and all yours for a mere pound.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alloneword

Postby PufPuf93 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:43 pm

alloneword » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:24 pm wrote:I was (in a half-arsed fashion) looking for a thread to leave this on - it certainly doesn't warrant one of it's own - and this one sort of fits...

Imagine, if you can, that you could distil the entire 'Trump Spectacle' into one single physical object. What would that object be?

Earlier today, a (UK) national retail chain - renowned purveyors of cheap tat 'Poundland' - saw fit to drop a leaflet full of Christmas gift suggestions through my door. It contained (helpfully labelled with the word 'LOL') this item:

And there it is. The years of breathless announcements of 'bombshells', whatevergates, walls that inexorably closing in, all of it... manifest in the form of a novelty toilet brush, likely made by some kid in China and all yours for a mere pound.

Make a small version of that with soft rather than bristle and you have invented the re-usable "butt swab" coming to corporate stores near you soon. Want to save a tree and put a Trump to appropriate use? Butt swab yourself (this means you Lindsay Graham).
PufPuf93

Postby thrulookingglass » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:44 pm

I haven't heard much here regarding Trump's use of amphetamines. He was seen with the European version of psuedophed in his drawer during the infamous taco salad photo. He was slurring his speech horribly while celebrating the murder of the Iranian commander. For someone who claims to not use alcohol or other party favors he sure is fucked in the head. Goes to show you being a tea-totaller doesn't cleanse the soul. There was also the talks of huge coke parties with models. Kid Rock admitted to smoking pot before meeting with W. The vids demonstrating his many gaffs are at least amusing.
thrulookingglass

Postby RocketMan » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:21 am

thrulookingglass » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:44 am wrote:I haven't heard much here regarding Trump's use of amphetamines. He was seen with the European version of psuedophed in his drawer during the infamous taco salad photo. He was slurring his speech horribly while celebrating the murder of the Iranian commander. For someone who claims to not use alcohol or other party favors he sure is fucked in the head. Goes to show you being a tea-totaller doesn't cleanse the soul. There was also the talks of huge coke parties with models. Kid Rock admitted to smoking pot before meeting with W. The vids demonstrating his many gaffs are at least amusing.

Yes, he sure has concentrated on his supposed teetotalling vis-à-vis JUST ALCOHOL hasn't he?

Isn't his use of stimulants basically an undisputed fact? Have to look up that Iran speech. I have only watched Bernie's comments at a campaign rally and they were extremely good. Clear, unambiguous and utterly opposed to Trump.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Previous

Return to General Discussion