Video surfaces of Milo Yiannopoulos defending pedophilia

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Video surfaces of Milo Yiannopoulos defending pedophilia

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:13 am

barracuda » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:02 pm wrote:
Searcher08 wrote:
Anyone who likes riots should work 18 hour days as a carer

Kek

If you're gonna concern troll for all the victims of the infamous "Milo Riots of 2017" who now require full-time caregivers, maybe the language of World of Warcraft gives away your lack of, I dunno... sincerity?

Not only is our fishy friend toothy, he also seems to be psychic. Take note of the time-stamp:

Friend: Livestreaming gamer 'in rough shape' before death

Ben Finley and Sarah Brumfield, Associated Press Updated 2:11 am, Saturday, February 25, 2017

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) — A Virginia man who died at home while playing a 24-hour video game marathon was part of an online livestreaming community where members sometimes go to extremes to build their audiences, experts say.

Brian Vigneault, 35, had spent about 22 hours playing the online wargame "World of Tanks" on the streaming platform Twitch.tv. He told followers watching him play the game that he was raising money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

But early Sunday, he stood up from his computer to take a smoke break. The father of three who played under the name PoShYbRiD never appeared on screen again.

"He was in rough shape," said Jessica Gebauer, 29, a friend of Vigneault's and fellow streamer who lives in Humboldt in Canada's Saskatchewan province.

"I watched him until about half an hour before he said he'd be right back," she said. "He just looked really, really tired. We were telling him, 'Go to sleep. The stream can wait.'"

Virginia Beach police said they responded to a 911 call for cardiac arrest. Vigneault was pronounced dead at the scene.

The cause and manner of his death remain under investigation, the medical examiner's office said.

One of the most popular websites in the United States, Twitch is a "congested marketplace" in which streamers are vying for eyeballs, according to Nicholas Thiel Taylor, a digital media professor at North Carolina State University.

"There is pressure on a lot of these folks to go to extremes to build an audience," he said. "It doesn't seem that grueling on the surface, but you're interacting with people and playing a video game and temporarily putting off your biological needs."

Gebauer, Vigneault's friend in Canada, said 24-hour marathons are not uncommon. She did one herself.

"By doing it for so long, you get people from all different time zones," she said. "There's more opportunity for donations."

Gebauer described Vigneault as funny and sarcastic, someone whose anger at the game was as entertaining as he was. He told his friends he used to work as an auto mechanic, she said, and loved his three children.

Gebauer said Vigneault appeared to take enough breaks to prevent a blood clot during the marathon. She said he even took one of his kids to soccer practice.

"I have a hard time believing that streaming for so long was the cause of his death specifically," she said. "But at the same time, I know it wasn't good for him."

Vigneault's Twitch profile says he had raised nearly $11,000 for various charities during his five-year streaming career.

Make-A-Wish spokesman Josh deBerge told The Associated Press in an email that the organization is "looking into whether or not Brian had entered into any agreements, whether formally or informally, related to his fundraising efforts."

Gebauer is now the administrator of a GoFundMe page set up for Vigneault's children. As of Friday evening, it had raised more than $17,000.

------

Associated Press researchers Jennifer Farrar and Monika Mathur contributed to this report.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/us/article/Friend-Livestreaming-gamer-in-rough-shape-10958729.php
Last edited by Iamwhomiam on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:01 am

I'm not sure what you may know that I'm not remembering. Why do you think I knew much of anything about "Third Positionism, the Alt Right, Nazi Hippies, Hipster Nazis, Post-Third Positionism, National Bolshevism, National Anarchism" etc. before I came to RI?

Wombaticus Rex » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:38 pm wrote:
American Dream » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:14 pm wrote:Yeah, I never heard of Third Positionism, the Alt Right, Nazi Hippies, Hipster Nazis, Post-Third Positionism, National Bolshevism, National Anarchism, or any of the rest of that shite till I came to R.I., which is a bit sad for R.I., because I never needed to know about any of that shite before I came here.

That is a laughably pathetic lie, bud. Your interests predate your participation at RI by your own account.

Trying to frame your interests as something we did to you is ... sad. Sad and stupid.
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:48 am

We Killed Milo: What The Media Misses and Ignores

And so, the whole country was pushed to become terrified of groups of friends wearing black, while the Alt-Right was ushered into the Trump administration as simply another part of a broad “populist” coalition that has Steve Bannon essentially running the country while giving props to the founders of fascism and dreaming of a Trump alliance with European nationalist parties. We have former pals of Richard Spencer working with Trump, KKK fan Jeff Sessions in the government, a white nationalist at the head of Border and Customs Protection, Paul Ryan planning to gut benefit programs, and Betsy DeVos wants to attack unions and public education. In the background, laws are being put forward that further criminalize protests and demonstrations, giving the police and the State more and more power.

In the face of this, Milo was the sacrificial troll of the Trump regime. Proof that those that go “too far” will be dealt with, as the administration prepares for a broad assault on the American working population in an effort to make America great again for the billionaires.

We should feel good about Milo’s life collapsing around him, fuck him. But we should also be aware that the room that himself and others have generated for white nationalist and Alt-Right politics has allowed sections of the Alt-Right to be mined for ideas by the current administration and in some instances, been allowed to enter into the halls of power. These ideas haven’t been just normalized, they’re establishment.

Let’s celebrate the death of Milo, but not forget that most of the real monsters don’t wear pearls and makeup as a means of promoting attacks on immigrants, African-Americans, and trans people. They aren’t hipsters and they don’t wear skinny jeans. Most of them don’t care about social media and being celebrities.

At the end of the day, it is these creatures who are much more dangerous than Milo could ever be.

More at: https://itsgoingdown.org/we-killed-milo ... s-ignores/
American Dream

Postby Searcher08 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:26 am

Elvis » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:02 pm wrote:I'd never heard of this Yiannopoulos guy until he came up on RI and I never saw or heard him speak until today when I watched the "Fuck your feelings" video that Barracuda posted. Yiannopoulos has that British accent that so charms many Americans, who associate it with a kind of "classy" erudition and authoritative Old World wisdom, and reflects that noble and enviable British confidence. "Off with you then...."

Would Yiannopoulos—or David Icke—have gained such followings if they spoke with rural Tennessee accents?

Some interesting pointers in the opposite direction from Americans who have lived abroad - who see British accents as indicating a lower intelligence.
http://dopey.cs.vt.edu/courses/grad5984-F11/readings/Accents/How%20accents%20affect%20perception.pdf
David Icke speaks with a Leicester accent which is about as sophisticated as Hoosier. :)
Searcher08

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:12 pm

Deleted duplicate post.
Last edited by Iamwhomiam on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iamwhomiam

Postby General Patton » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:42 pm

American Dream » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:14 pm wrote:Yeah, I never heard of Third Positionism, the Alt Right, Nazi Hippies, Hipster Nazis, Post-Third Positionism, National Bolshevism, National Anarchism, or any of the rest of that shite till I came to R.I., which is a bit sad for R.I., because I never needed to know about any of that shite before I came here.

None of that existed in the way it does now pre-2010.

NazBols regaining numbers and relevance only started during the 2016 election and heated up further as people were annoyed by DNC rigging/organizing the election (they're also pissed at Sanders).

Nat-Anarchy is a reaction to broader anarchism taking a borders = fascism approach which meshes well with neoliberal capitalism and turns off nat-anarchs for variety of reasons. The borders = fascism is a relatively new position that has evolved over the last 5 years.

Altright is new, obviously. Spencer was hanging on the margins making YT videos and writing essays but his days as a pretend bigtent Buckley of identarianism is new.

Third Position is still relatively obscure and is playing on the fringes of chans. Trump is a vanilla Civ-Nat, not a super nazi in disguise waiting waiting to kill all of the Jews.

Nazi-Hipsters is as old as punk rock.

Hippie nazis, man idk.

All of this has evolved over the past 3 years or so and really accelerated post-Trump.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby American Dream » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:52 pm

CPAC’s Hollow Disavowal of the White Nationalists in Its Midst

Richard Spencer takes questions from reporters before being removed from the Conservative Political Action Conference on February 23, 2017 in National Harbor, Maryland.

Schneider’s speech, and Spencer’s ejection, came days after “fellow traveller” of the alt-right, Milo Yiannopoulos, was disinvited from the conference after comments he made condoning pedophilia were widely circulated. Despite years of making money pedaling transphobia, racism, and misogyny, Yiannopoulos also lost a lucrative book deal from Simon & Schuster as a result of the uproar. That Yiannopoulos was invited under the pretense of defending free speech, regardless of content, made CPAC’s decision all the more obviously hypocritical.

CPAC’s nominal gestures toward disavowing white-nationalist fascism rang hollow. For one, the conservative movement from William Buckley and Barry Goldwater, through Ronald Reagan and Lee Atwater, and now to Trump, has always been about maintaining and reproducing a society structured around white, patriarchal dominance. The new, more explicit manifestation of their project is hateful to them, so they want to banish it and retain the disingenuous, comfortable pose of colorblind, principled conservatism.

More immediately, though, the very day conservatives patted themselves on the back for ousting the nearly universally reviled Spencer from the conference, CPAC hosted a joint appearance between White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and Chief Strategist Steve Bannon. Prior to his top role in Trump’s campaign, Bannon headed Breitbart, a far right-wing site that employed Yiannopoulos until his recent comments. While at the helm at Breitbart, which he once referred to as the “platform of the alt-right,” Bannon did more than any other individual to provide a platform for the movement Schneider claims is in fact an outside interloper. Beyond that, deputy assistant to the president Sebastian Gorka, a crowd favorite, has worked “with openly racist and anti-Semitic groups and public figures,” according to a new investigation from Forward.

Though Bannon doesn’t speak of creating a white ethno-state, like Spencer does, he has suggested he wants to severely limit even legal immigration and believes in an apocalyptic “long history of Judeo-Christian West struggle against Islam.”

In his remarks at CPAC, Bannon continued to send barely coded signals to the fringe, white-nationalist elements of the right both in the United States and in Europe—where Breitbart is making a major push to expand. “They’re corporatist, globalist media. They’re adamantly opposed to an economic-nationalist agenda like Donald Trump has,” Bannon said. Minutes later, he laid out what he believed united the attendees at CPAC. “The center core of what we believe: We’re a nation with an economy, not an economy just in some global marketplace with open borders, but we are a nation with a culture and a reason for being.”

In another context, these comments might seem unremarkable. But given the day’s prior events, and Bannon’s proximity to Yiannopoulos—and Spencer’s ethereal, quasi-movement, if not Spencer himself—they take on a far more sinister quality.

More at: https://www.thenation.com/article/cpacs ... its-midst/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:11 am

The CPAC replacement speaker for Milo Yiannopoulos was a notorious Japanese cult-member

This was a repeat visit for Aeba, who was also given a spot on the CPAC 2016 bill, where his connection to the Happy Science cult was sidelined -- he was billed as the founder of the Japanese Conservative Union, which appears to be a one-man show run by Aeba who runs around energetically wearing a lot of hats and conspiculously not mentioning his solemn belief that an obscure religious leader is the living, embodied reincarnation of the creator of the universe, returned to us after stints in the lost kingdoms of Mu and Atlantis, to conduct and publish expensive volumes of posthumous interviews with MLK Jr, Walt Disney and Adolf Hitler.

Seriously.

You may have noticed mention above of a book entitled “Nostradamus: Fearful Prophecies,” which is strongly representative of Okawa’s prodigious output. Of the astonishing 714 titles currently credit to him on the Happy Science online bookstore, a large proportion consist of alleged posthumous interviews with the souls of deceased figures such as Martin Luther King Jr., Adolf Hitler, Walt Disney, Albert Einstein, Nelson Mandela, Zhou Enlai, Isaac Newton, Georg Hegel, Oda Nobunaga, Sakamoto Ryoma, and many dozens if not hundreds more1. He also publishes what he claims are interviews with the “guardian spirits” of living celebrities, such as this book in which he discusses the secret of beauty with the guardian spirits of Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley, or this interview in which the guardian spirits of the famous AKB48 girl-pop group explain the secrets of marketing.

https://boingboing.net/2017/02/26/yolo-minneapolis.html
American Dream

Postby km artlu » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:38 pm

Back to Milo for a moment. I recently heard Jordan Peterson say something about him; something which also provided a perspective on what RI has become.

He said, "Milo is a Trickster Figure, and Trickster Figures emerge in times of crisis." After ten pages of the left/right paradigm, maybe someone here will find that thought-provoking. Or not.
km artlu

Postby SonicG » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:47 pm

I really do not know much about Milo or Peterson but shit like this:
Dr. Jordan Peterson of the University of Toronto has developed a nine-point list detailing the mechanisms of behavior behind socially Marxist/SJW political correctness:

Identify an area of human activity.
Note a distribution of success.
Identify winners and losers.
Claim that the losers are losing only because they are oppressed by the winners.
Claim allegiance with the losers.
Feel secure in your comprehensive explanation of the world.
Revel in your moral superiority.
Target your resentment toward your newly discovered enemies.
Repeat. Forever. Everywhere.
In Scahill's public shaming of Milo we see the second half of that list very much on display – and display is what it's all about.

Such a puerile view...Sure, let's further dissuade people from any sort of empathetic collective solution...
Doxing is the new Trickstering? Fuck that...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby Elvis » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:27 am

SonicG » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:47 pm wrote:
Dr. Jordan Peterson of the University of Toronto has developed a nine-point list detailing the mechanisms of behavior behind socially Marxist/SJW political correctness:

Claim that the losers are losing only because they are oppressed by the winners.
Claim allegiance with the losers.

Such a puerile view...Sure, let's further dissuade people from any sort of empathetic collective solution...
Doxing is the new Trickstering? Fuck that...

I don't know who Jordan Peterson is but his nine points can easily be turned around to create a nine-point list detailing the mechanisms of behavior behind the economic libertarian/right/'alt right' defense of unregulated greed capitalism:

Claim that the losers are losing only because they are too stupid and/or lazy to succeed.
Claim allegiance with the winners.

empathetic collective solution...

What will it take to get there? From the start, Peterson's terms—"winners" and "losers"—reflect some screwed-up values.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Project Willow » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:00 am

^ Yes. Peterson is pointing out what happens when the trait of openness is carried too far, leading to empathy being extended only to certain kinds of people (the oppressed) and not others (the presumed oppressors), and that this is, as you so astutely perceived, the left's version of the road to authoritarianism.

Peterson is not advocating against empathy, quite the opposite, he is saying that there are certain combinations of traits among humans, and conditions that can lead to open and empathetic people becoming tyrants.

Both of these men (in the below video) express anxiety or hostility to the idea that patriarchy is threatened, that's primarily where I part ways with them, regardless, their discussion is enlightening. Peterson, in many of his talks, explains how cultural change that is too rapid can throw certain types of people into irrational fear states, and that this can also lead to authoritarian responses. He is critical of the left for pressing too hard too fast on an ever increasing number of issues precisely for the reason that he sees it inevitably leading to the rise of a much more frightening right wing reaction (fascism).

Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Elvis » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:25 am

Project Willow wrote: Peterson, in many of his talks, explains how cultural change that is too rapid can throw certain types of people into irrational fear states, and that this can also lead to authoritarian responses. He is critical of the left for pressing too hard too fast on an ever increasing number of issues precisely for the reason that he sees it inevitably leading to the rise of a much more frightening right wing reaction (fascism).

Thanks, that's an issue to account for, I'll try to watch the whole video later.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby jakell » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:08 am

Project Willow » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:00 am wrote:^ Yes. Peterson is pointing out what happens when the trait of openness is carried too far, leading to empathy being extended only to certain kinds of people (the oppressed) and not others (the presumed oppressors), and that this is, as you so astutely perceived, the left's version of the road to authoritarianism.

Peterson is not advocating against empathy, quite the opposite, he is saying that there are certain combinations of traits among humans, and conditions that can lead to open and empathetic people becoming tyrants.

Both of these men (in the below video) express anxiety or hostility to the idea that patriarchy is threatened, that's primarily where I part ways with them, regardless, their discussion is enlightening. Peterson, in many of his talks, explains how cultural change that is too rapid can throw certain types of people into irrational fear states, and that this can also lead to authoritarian responses. He is critical of the left for pressing too hard too fast on an ever increasing number of issues precisely for the reason that he sees it inevitably leading to the rise of a much more frightening right wing reaction (fascism).

It is this point where those who are mildly critical of the Left started to see and describe real problems (Sargon would be a good example).

I flagged it up on here when transgender issues started to be pushed as if they had (and had always had) equal significance to the other points regarding race, class and gender etc, whereas in fact they were pretty much a very recent (and exotic) arrival.
Some see this (and other subsequent minutiae) as enthusiastic mistakes, but there is a more sinister possibility.. that the pushing of these burgeoning additions and amendments to traditional Leftist activitities is an experiment, a 'weather balloon' to see what can be got away with. Of course this would be performed by actors outside of traditional political alignments.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Postby liminalOyster » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:23 am

Case in point: with great and contorted aplomb, the emergent Überliberal demographic herein redefines empathy as conservatives admitting they're wrong....

Uniting Against Milo: How to Practice Empathy Across the Political Spectrum
It is not about political disagreement. It is about wanting to minimize the amount of hatred deliberately spread in the world.

February began with University of California Berkeley canceling a planned lecture by controversial alt-Right speaker Milo Yiannopoulos following violent protests opposed to his appearance. Conservatives referred to the decision as censorship by “leftist cowards” organizing a “liberal lynch mob.” Some accused UC-Berkeley itself of censorship, even though the decision was motived by public safety, not opposition to Yiannopoulos’s positions.

Shortly thereafter, the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) invited Yiannopoulos to speak at this year’s event. People on the right gloated of their higher commitment to free speech. No matter that Yiannopoulos regularly and deliberately espouses positions meant to provoke disgust and hatred – Simon and Schuster paid a healthy advance for the aptly named “Dangerous,” he outed a transgender student at a recent event, and he bathed in pig’s blood to protest “globalization” and he blames female victims for being harassed: Never mind that. Liberals who oppose him, went the narrative, are cowards who are intolerant of any opposing views.

And then, video emerged of Yiannopoulos apparently praising adult men, including priests, having sex with young boys. This was a bridge too far for CPAC: They rescinded his invitation. Simon and Schuster also canceled the book deal, and he has even resigned from Breitbart.

◊♦◊

This is the perfect learning opportunity: conservatives have a line, liberals have a line. Yiannopoulos, who made a career of trying to cross as many lines as possible, managed to finally cross CPAC’s, and possibly even Breitbart’s. The question is: Will conservative Americans take this experience to heart? Will they realize that their own revulsion at his positive comments about hebephilia is similar to the revulsion that liberals feel when he willfully attacks women, Muslims, transfolk, and others?

There are plenty of articles that point out that freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence, and that the First Amendment does not require that speech must be granted a platform. Yiannopoulos’s First Amendment rights have not been trampled; all the organizations that have refused to allow him to air his positions further are within their legal rights.

The courts have ruled that, in the United States, the First Amendment is not absolute. “Fighting words” and certain incitements to crime are two cases where speech can be limited legally. Even so, it is not clear that Yiannopoulos has crossed those lines.

However, his comments have consistently been outside the political mainstream. As such, this ought to be a moment for reflecting on empathy. Empathy is about recognizing the validity and reality of someone else’s pain. Because reasonable people of conscience across the political spectrum have different reasons for rejecting his complete message, it should be easier to empathize with the disgust of others.

Perhaps it is difficult for conservative males to see why someone would be so deeply offended by Yiannopoulos’s outing of transgender students, but they are equally offended by his comments on man-boy relationships. As a liberal, I do not expect a conservative to necessarily understand my defense of transgender rights. I do hope that a reflective conservative can have the empathy to understand that silencing this individual is not about political disagreement, it is about wanting to minimize the amount of hatred deliberately spread in the world.

There are conservatives who also reject elements of his platform. In the wake of the scandal, Jonah Goldberg, senior editor of National Review, was particularly scathing about CPAC’s interactions with him: “Apparently, conservatives still draw the line there, but not at anti-Semitism or racism. The tent, sad to say, is big enough for that.”

In saying this, Goldberg shows some of that much-needed empathy, and should be praised for that. But is this the status quo? Even Goldberg seems to be admitting that it is not. Whether it really was, CPAC’s invitation appeared to be a tribal nose-thumbing at the liberals who had pressured UC-Berkeley: “We think free speech includes hearing Milo’s important perspective,” wrote the American Conservative Union’s Matt Schlapp.

◊♦◊

I support Free Speech. I support everyone’s right to share reasonable positions within a free society, with the intent of the betterment of society. When someone is being deliberately provocative, though, and when they are acting in ways that are hurtful to others, regardless of their political viewpoints, society has a right and an obligation to voice disgust with those positions.

My call for greater empathy is not limited to this case. If you consider yourself a conservative and have trouble understanding liberal complaints about other issues or speakers, especially if you think that liberals are supposed to be tolerant but don’t always act like it, take a moment to consider: Is there something you’re not seeing? Perhaps you’ve truly found a case of liberals being intolerant of simple dissent, but perhaps there’s just cause for their disgust and intolerance.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion