Video surfaces of Milo Yiannopoulos defending pedophilia

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Video surfaces of Milo Yiannopoulos defending pedophilia

Postby American Dream » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:01 am

Video surfaces of Milo Yiannopoulos defending pedophilia, ACU board reportedly not consulted on CPAC invite

The American Conservative Union, which hosts the annual gathering of conservatives called “CPAC,” announced over the weekend that alt-Right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos would be this year’s keynote speaker.

Many criticized the move because Yiannopoulos is not seen as a traditional conservative — if a conservative at all. Instead, Yiannopoulos is seen as the figurehead of the alt-Right movement, a movement that prides itself in nationalism, which many accuse of racism and anti-Semitism.

Jonah Goldberg, a senior editor for the conservative magazine National Review who is seen as one of the conservative leaders in post-modern politics, said the move to include Yiannopoulos as the keynote speaker is “sad and disappointing.”

Still, ACU chairman Matt Schlapp defended the decision in comments to the Hollywood Reporter, which broke the story about Yiannopoulos.

“An epidemic of speech suppression has taken over college campuses,” Schlapp told the news outlet. “Milo has exposed their liberal thuggery and we think free speech includes hearing Milo’s important perspective.”

Then on Sunday morning, less than one day after the controversial announcement about the CPAC speaker lineup, video surfaced of Yiannopoulos allegedly defending pedophilia in the past.

“We get hung up on this sort of child abuse stuff,” Yiannopoulos is heard saying in a video, acknowledging that he has a controversial point of view, “to the point where we are heavily policing consensual adults.”

“In the homosexual world, particularly, some of those relationships between younger boys and older men — the sort of ‘coming of age’ relationship — those relationships in which those older men help those young boys discover who they are and give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable, sort of rock, where they can’t speak to their parents,” he added.

“It sounds like molestation to me,” an unnamed person tells Yiannopoulos in reply, likely an interviewer. “It sounds like Catholic priest molestation to me.”

“But you know what? I’m grateful for Father Michael. I wouldn’t give nearly such good head if it wasn’t for him,” Yiannopoulos replied, using a euphemism for male oral sex.

It doesn’t end there.

In an interview with comedian Joe Rogan in 2015, Yiannopoulos discussed his sexual relationship with “Father Michael,” which he allegedly had as a teenager at age 14.

During the interview, he even tried to normalize pedophilia.

“So you’re saying you’ve never seen a 15-year-old girl, at any point in your life, that you thought was hot?” Yiannopoulos asked.

“Yeah, when I was 15!” Rogan replied. “I’m not retarded dude.”

“No, when you were 25 or 30, you’ve never seen girls you thought were hot?” Yiannopoulos asked again.

“No, I thought they were little kids!” Rogan said.

Later, Rogan called “Father Michael” a “terrible person” for allegedly having a sexual relationship with Yiannopoulos when he was a young teenager, but Yiannopoulos tried to downplay it.

“It wasn’t molestation,” he alleged

“That’s absolutely molestation,” Rogan shot back.

Later in the interview, Yiannopoulos talked about a Hollywood party he went to years ago that had “very young boys” in attendance for sex.

More at: http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/02/19 ... ac-invite/
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Video surfaces of Milo Yiannopoulos defending pedophilia

Postby 82_28 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:37 am

I never wish violence on anyone and this Milo shit has made me come up with a new term:

Selective gay bashing. Never been in a fight in my life actually. But somebody kick his ass. Please.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:45 am

Bear in mind, before I might get possibly skewered for saying that, most of my friends all my life, including family members are homosexual. But that guy needs to get punched around (coming from someone who has never punched anyone). . .
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby American Dream » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:50 am

Milo should be thoroughly rejected not because he's gay, but because he's fronting for a far right movement which weaponizes hateful bigotry as it targets vulnerable individuals as part and parcel of a larger fascist agenda. He's a rather odious individual too- that is undeniable.
American Dream

Postby 82_28 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:03 am

Yes. Agreed. But he is using his gayness as a way in. He definitely is a paradox. Handsome, hateful and full of spectacle. Fuck, I bet a majority of gay/trans cats wanna see his ass kicked as well.
82_28

Postby barracuda » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:53 am

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 7.49.21 AM.png

Milo's response:

A note for idiots (UPDATED):

I do not support pedophilia. Period. It is a vile and disgusting crime, perhaps the very worst. There are selectively edited videos doing the rounds, as part of a co-ordinated effort to discredit me from establishment Republicans, that suggest I am soft on the subject.

If it somehow comes across (through my own sloppy phrasing or through deceptive editing) that I meant any of the ugly things alleged, let me set the record straight: I am completely disgusted by the abuse of children.
Some facts to consider:

1. I have outed THREE pedophiles in my career as a journalist. That's three more than any of my critics and a peculiar strategy for a supposed pedophile apologist.

(a) Luke Bozier, former business partner of Louise Mensch
http://kernelmag.dailydot.com/…/menshn-co-founder-embroile…/
http://kernelmag.dailydot.com/…/…/3746/luke-bozier-arrested/

(b) Nicholas Nyberg, anti-GamerGate activist who self-described as a pedophile and white nationalist
http://www.breitbart.com/…/leading-gamergate-critic-sarah-…/

(c) Chris Leydon, a London photographer who has a rape trial starting March 13 thanks to my reporting.
http://www.breitbart.com/…/tech-city-darling-chris-leydon-…/

2. I have repeatedly expressed disgust at pedophiles in my journalism.
http://www.breitbart.com/…/heres-why-the-progressive-left-…/

3. I have never defended and would never defend child abusers, as my reporting history shows. The world is messy and complicated, and I recognize it as such, as this furore demonstrates. But that is a red line for any decent person.

4. The videos do not show what people say they show. I *did* joke about giving better head as a result of clerical sexual abuse committed against me when I was a teen. If I choose to deal in an edgy way on an internet livestream with a crime I was the victim of that's my prerogative. It's no different to gallows humor from AIDS sufferers.

5. National Review, whose journalists are tweeting about this, published an article defending Salon for giving a pedophile a platform.

6. I did say that there are relationships between younger men and older men that can help a young gay man escape from a lack of support or understanding at home. That's perfectly true and every gay man knows it. But I was not talking about anything illegal and I was not referring to pre-pubescent boys.

7. I said in the same "Drunken Peasants" podcast from which the footage is taken that I agree with the current age of consent.

8. I shouldn't have used the word "boy" when I talked about those relationships between older men and younger gay men. (I was talking about my own relationship when I was 17 with a man who was 29. The age of consent in the UK is 16.) That was a mistake. Gay men often use the word "boy" when they refer to consenting adults. I understand that heterosexual people might not know that, so it was a sloppy choice of words that I regret.

9. This rush to judgment from establishment conservatives who hate Trump as much as they hate me, before I have had any chance to provide context or a response, is one of the big reasons gays vote Democrat.

10. In case there is any lingering doubt, here's me, in the same interview the other footage is taken from, affirming that the current legal age of consent is about right: "And I think the law is probably about right. It's probably roughly the right age. I think it's probably about ok. But there are certainly people who are capable of giving consent at a younger age. I certainly consider myself to be one of them, people who were sexually active younger. I think it particularly happens in the gay world, by the way."

https://www.facebook.com/myiannopoulos/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
barracuda

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:05 pm

in the words of Larry Wilmore and Malcolm Nance

FUCK YOU MILO!

My words ..it's a good thing we will never meet in person

The Dick You Need @coughlan616
Milo on Friday "I want to show mean words don't hurt anyone"
Milo this morning "STOP SAYING MEAN THINGS ABOUT ME YOU CUNTS"
8:21 AM - 20 Feb 2017
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby 82_28 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:14 pm

Dan Savage seems to disagree with his mea culpa.

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/02 ... o-adult-ma
82_28

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:23 pm

Holy shit, that guy is still doing the Smug Thing? Wow.

Fates worse than death!
Wombaticus Rex

Postby 82_28 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:23 am wrote:

Holy shit, that guy is still doing the Smug Thing? Wow.

Fates worse than death!

Yeah. He's the head editor at The Stranger still. There is much I disagree with on and always have.
82_28

Postby American Dream » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:53 pm

http://www.vox.com/identities/2017/2/20 ... hilia-myth

Milo Yiannopoulos resurrected a dangerous old myth about gay men and pedophilia

This kind of myth has been used against gay people — and other minority groups — time and time again in America.

Internet troll and Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos is in the news again — after he was caught defending the sexual abuse of children.

Over the weekend, it was revealed that Yiannopoulos was invited to give a speech at the 2017 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), the biggest mainstream conservative conference in America. Shortly after, the conservative website Reagan Battalion resurfaced video footage of Yiannopoulos defending the idea of “13 year olds” having sex with “older men,” referencing his own story that he benefited from a priest molesting him when he was a teenager.

As my colleague Zack Beauchamp explained, this is part of Yiannopoulos’s shtick: Say something inflammatory to anger a whole lot of people and get widespread media attention. This time, though, it isn’t working in his favor; CPAC’s organizers rescinded their invitation in response to mounting pressure to cancel Yiannopoulos’s speech.

One of the reasons Yiannopoulos’s latest comments are so abhorrent is that he, as a gay man, is tapping into a pernicious myth that surrounds the LGBTQ community: the idea that gay men are sexual deviants who approve of all sorts of abhorrent behavior, including pedophilia and child sexual abuse. Yiannopoulos, perhaps inadvertently, played into this myth by arguing that there’s an upside to sexual molestation.

“In the homosexual world, particularly, some of those relationships between younger boys and older men — the sort of ‘coming of age’ relationships — the relationships in which those older men help those young boys to discover who they are and give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable sort of rock,” Yiannopoulos said.

The myth is far from new. As retired University of California Davis professor Gregory Herek explained: “Back in 1977, when Anita Bryant campaigned successfully to repeal a Dade County (FL) ordinance prohibiting anti-gay discrimination, she named her organization ‘Save Our Children,’ and warned that ‘a particularly deviant-minded [gay] teacher could sexually molest children.’”

Herek, a well-known social psychologist who studies and writes about LGBTQ issues in his blog Beyond Homophobia, took a broad look at the empirical research on this myth, analyzing studies on both sides of the claim. He concluded — in no uncertain terms:

[size=1o5]The empirical research does not show that gay or bisexual men are any more likely than heterosexual men to molest children. This is not to argue that homosexual and bisexual men never molest children. But there is no scientific basis for asserting that they are more likely than heterosexual men to do so. And, as explained above, many child molesters cannot be characterized as having an adult sexual orientation at all; they are fixated on children.[/size]

So why has this myth stuck around, particularly in very conservative religious circles — like the Family Research Council, an anti-LGBTQ group that continues to promote this myth on its website? Essentially, it seems like this began as people lumped up all sorts of behavior that they saw as deviant — in this case, homosexuality and child abuse — and used it to scare people about gay men. And this was used, historically, to oppose the advancement of gay rights.

Painting minorities as sexual deviants is an old canard
This kind of strategy — painting a marginalized minority group as sexually deviant to oppose civil rights — has been used time and time again throughout history.

Most recently, we’ve seen this kind of tactic much more with transgender people. On Bill Maher’s show last week, Yiannopoulos himself touted the trans myth, arguing that if trans women are allowed to use the bathroom that aligns with their gender identity, they will sexually assault cisgender (non-trans) women in bathrooms. This myth has been used by conservatives, particularly in North Carolina, to oppose legislation that grants LGBTQ people legal protections against discrimination in the workplace, schools, housing, and public accommodations.

Multiple investigations have found zero evidence of increased incidents of sexual assault or other public safety concerns when trans people are granted legal nondiscrimination protections and allowed to use the bathroom that aligns with their gender identity. In two of these investigations, Media Matters confirmed with experts and officials in 12 states and 17 school districts with protections for trans people that they had no increases in sex crimes after they enacted their trans-friendly policies.

Yet Yiannopoulos argued on Maher’s show that trans people “are disproportionately involved in those kinds of [sex] crimes” — a misleading point that overlooks the reality that trans people are only disproportionately likely to be involved in such crimes as the victims, not perpetrators.

As the federal Office of Justice Programs notes, “One in two transgender individuals are sexually abused or assaulted at some point in their lives. Some reports estimate that transgender survivors may experience rates of sexual assault up to 66 percent, often coupled with physical assaults or abuse.”

Before trans people faced this myth, other minority groups were attacked on the basis of bathrooms as well. Fears of bathroom attacks were used to defend segregation — by invoking fears that black men would attack white women in bathrooms. And fears of gay men in bathrooms were constantly perpetuated to demonize gay people, such as the 1961 anti-gay PSA “Boys Beware” that warned that “public restrooms can often be a hangout for the homosexual.”

Of course, with the end of segregation and expansion of LGBTQ rights, none of these bathroom fears have been realized.

It’s not clear if Yiannopoulos knew he was playing into this myth when he defended child molestation or brought up trans people in bathrooms. Regardless of what he was thinking, this old trope has haunted civil rights causes for centuries, even though it has no basis in reality.
American Dream

Postby Project Willow » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:58 pm

I find Milo slightly less despicable than Dan Savage, and more entertaining. The Stranger, never something I enjoyed, but tolerated because it employed the only full time art critic in our city, (until last month), has become unreadable. Savage spent the election season viciously attacking Jill Stein. The staff he assigned to write on trans issues at one point stated flat out that women would have to put up with more sexual assault in order to accommodate trans women in their bathrooms and locker rooms. Just bend over you transphobic cunts!

I don't know what's happening to me. Over the past two weeks I've found myself watching Tucker Carlson, a panel at the Heritage Foundation, and a Milo debate. I was enraged at two liberals who refused to go on air and left a publisher because their hosts "provided a platform" to people with whom they disagreed, and in turn enraged at all the liberals and progressives who cheered on these acts of intellectual cowardice. While I disagree with him on so many things, I really enjoy listening to Jordan Peterson. I love playing his vids while I paint.

The world has gone mad, and, I think I'm not a liberal anymore, at least not liberal as is currently being performed by its major representatives. I'm also fairly certain this posting will guarantee I'll be shipped off to the nearest antifa re-education gulag during the revolution. See you in the barracks comrades!
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:09 pm

I have never liked Milo much and so I surprise myself slightly with this, but I both respect and perhaps admire the directness of this, his latest missive on the matter. It has, for me, a very surprising feeling of authenticity and even maturity - not words I expected to ascribe to him anytime soon.

Milo wrote:I am a gay man, and a child abuse victim.
I would like to restate my utter disgust at adults who sexually abuse minors. I am horrified by pedophilia and I have devoted large portions of my career as a journalist to exposing child abusers. I've outed three of them, in fact -- three more than most of my critics. And I've repeatedly expressed disgust at pedophilia in my feature and opinion writing. My professional record is very clear.
But I do understand that these videos, even though some of them are edited deceptively, paint a different picture.
I'm partly to blame. My own experiences as a victim led me to believe I could say anything I wanted to on this subject, no matter how outrageous. But I understand that my usual blend of British sarcasm, provocation and gallows humor might have come across as flippancy, a lack of care for other victims or, worse, "advocacy." I deeply regret that. People deal with things from their past in different ways.
As to some of the specific claims being made, sometimes things tumble out of your mouth on these long, late-night live-streams, when everyone is spit-balling, that are incompletely expressed or not what you intended. Nonetheless, I've reviewed the tapes that appeared last night in their proper full context and I don't believe they say what is being reported.
I do not advocate for illegal behavior. I explicitly say on the tapes that I think the current age of consent is "about right."
I do not believe sex with 13-year-olds is okay. When I mentioned the number 13, I was talking about the age I lost my own virginity.
I shouldn't have used the word "boy" -- which gay men often do to describe young men of consenting age -- instead of "young man." That was an error.
I am certainly guilty of imprecise language, which I regret.
Anyone who suggests I turn a blind eye to illegal activity or to the abuse of minors is unequivocally wrong. I am implacably opposed to the normalization of pedophilia and I will continue to report and speak accordingly.
https://www.facebook.com/myiannopoulos/ ... 6321621931
Last edited by liminalOyster on Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby American Dream » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:09 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.2977403

KING: With full embrace of Milo and Trump, the Republican Party becomes the party of perverts

An interview where Milo Yiannopoulos is heard defending older men having sex with young boys has shocked the internet in recent days.

SHAUN KING
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, February 20, 2017, 1:22 PM

For many of us who have been harassed and attacked directly by Milo Yiannopoulos over the past few years, we are well aware of his depravity. He openly embraces his role as a bigot and a troll who targets and ridicules whoever crosses his path. I have seen people's personal lives destroyed by death threats and doxing after Milo sets his gaze upon them. All of this has been true, while Milo — who's permanently banned from Twitter — has primarily functioned in a creepy corner of American politics called the Alt-Right. The most visible spokesperson for that movement, he has operated outside of the mainstream for most of the past two years — until now.

His longtime boss at Breitbart, Steve Bannon, himself believed by many to be as bigoted of a man we've seen in the White House in generations, is now Donald Trump's Chief Strategist, and CPAC, the most hyped conservative gathering in America, has invited Milo to be a speaker. With their full embrace of Milo, CPAC has legitimized a dangerous and disturbing man. But as I think about their embrace of a man without morals, I realize that they have become a party without morals.

Of course CPAC can embrace Milo — Donald Trump is their President. And with Milo as a celebrated man in their party and Donald Trump as their leader, the Republican Party has officially become the party of perverts. I don't say that lightly. That's exactly what the party is at this point.

Just days away from his speech at CPAC, the world is now fully understanding just how despicable Milo is. In video interviews that were already widely available but recently gained new attention, Milo appears to openly defend child molestation and pedophilia. He's not joking. It wasn't satirical. In repeated interviews the man seemingly goes out of his way to defend pedophile priests and even brags, with all seriousness, how a priest taught him, when he was 13 or 14, to give good oral sex. He then goes on to defend the value of men in their 20s and 30s having sex with young boys. I can hardly stand to repeat the things he said. Again, though, he was not joking. He was dead serious. He admitted in the interviews that his stance on young boys having sex with grown men was likely "controversial."

No Milo, what you described is not controversial, it's criminal. That is child abuse and sexual assault. It is illegal for men in their 20s or 30s to have sex with underage boys and girls. Period.

Milo later tried to deflect, writing that he shouldn't have used the word "boy" — and how the age of consent in the UK, where he grew up, is 16.

That one of the main speakers at the largest conservative conference in America appears to openly eschew the virtues of child molestation is as close to being a sign of the times we are in as anything I can think of. That a few conservatives are now claiming to be upset about Milo, in light of his comments about sexual assault, also says a lot. They seemed to be just fine with him when he was simply a white supremacist, transphobic bigot, but his recent comments seem to have crossed the line for some.

The President of the United States has a well-documented history of sexually assaulting women.

But here's the thing — this is who the Republican Party is. The President of the United States has more than a dozen women claiming they were sexually assaulted by him. His first wife said in a sworn deposition that he brutally attacked and raped her (she later said she did not want the word rape to be interpreted in a criminal sense). He was recorded bragging that he forces himself on women and grabs their genitalia whenever he feels like it. And after our nation heard that recording, he was still elected.

Donald Trump is a pervert. Milo is a pervert.

And when your President and your rising star are perverts, that pretty much means the party is a party of perverts.

I don't say this with even the slightest hint of glee. Quite the contrary, it's terrible. It's absolutely terrible. Victims of sexual assault and child molestation are mortified. Since the recent videos of Milo have gone viral, many have reached out to me directly and asked me to speak up and speak out on his gross normalization of such crimes.

I am afraid this is where we are going. When your President has such low character, particularly around the issues of sexual assault, you end up with tens of millions of Americans who have compromised their own integrity in the name of getting him elected, and they now lack the ground to stand on to say anything about sexual assault in general.

With Trump and Milo, sexual assault and child molestation are becoming nightmarishly normalized. I wish it was bad fiction, but it isn't. The perverts are in power.
American Dream

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:16 pm

Shaun King will write an essay in less than two years about humanizing the struggle of Minor Attracted Persons, but he's dead on thematically. The inversion of the "Religious Right" has been a holy trip to witness.

That said, Milo -- as he illustrates above -- seems to have a more established anti-pedo record than many, if not most, of the liberal pundits lining up to get their thinkpiece shots in this week.
Wombaticus Rex

Next

Return to General Discussion