The Russian Conspiracy as RI subject

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Russian Conspiracy as RI subject

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:04 pm

liminalOyster » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:03 pm wrote:
Belligerent Savant » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:54 pm wrote:.
it may re-catapult Trump into relative 'folk hero' status among a certain swath of Americana.

Given how predictable said outcome was from the get-go, it'd be wilfully auto-lobotomous to rule out that this was always anticipated. Impeachment and all that high-stakes constitutional crisis shit would've been waaaaay too threatening to the ptb. This, OTOH, is great. The #nevertrump base is gung-fucking-ho and ready to go and folk-hero trump appears (to average dems) as part of the same old beholden pale horse racist mythos. I'd sorta say - meh - the groundhogs day of 2015/9 has begun with a whimper.

Sure, if the orphaned Clinton campaign tops and the D-Establishment and the non-FOX corporate media and the CIA-NSA-FBI networks against Trump and the nevertrump neocons and the old-style transatlantic imperialists who see how badly he damages "the brand" and the "enlightened" segment of billionaires/Davos set and the Russia-hating crew including the unhappy Ukrainian diaspora operators (because those are the elements we are talking about, those who are actually in a position to legitimate the #Russiagate op despite its unviability in court) had wanted impeachment, they would have gone after the kleptocratic Trump, not the "treason" bullshit, and they would be against the fascism, not the "populism," and they would be against the Venezuela op, not the Korean peace effort, and they would be advancing Medicare for All and some lite-neoliberal version of Green New Deal to win the 2020 election, and they'd have no aversion to the idea that both Trump and Clintons could be destroyed forever by giving the Epstein thing 20% of the play #Russiagate got. The kleptocratic Trump is so aggressively obvious, however, that the impeachable scandals keep being forced into the laps of those who'd rather #Russiagate.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:50 pm

JackRiddler » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:04 pm wrote:
liminalOyster » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:03 pm wrote:
Belligerent Savant » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:54 pm wrote:.
it may re-catapult Trump into relative 'folk hero' status among a certain swath of Americana.

Given how predictable said outcome was from the get-go, it'd be wilfully auto-lobotomous to rule out that this was always anticipated. Impeachment and all that high-stakes constitutional crisis shit would've been waaaaay too threatening to the ptb. This, OTOH, is great. The #nevertrump base is gung-fucking-ho and ready to go and folk-hero trump appears (to average dems) as part of the same old beholden pale horse racist mythos. I'd sorta say - meh - the groundhogs day of 2015/9 has begun with a whimper.

Sure, if the orphaned Clinton campaign tops and the D-Establishment and the non-FOX corporate media and the CIA-NSA-FBI networks against Trump and the nevertrump neocons and the old-style transatlantic imperialists who see how badly he damages "the brand" and the "enlightened" segment of billionaires/Davos set and the Russia-hating crew including the unhappy Ukrainian diaspora operators (because those are the elements we are talking about, those who are actually in a position to legitimate the #Russiagate op despite its unviability in court) had wanted impeachment, they would have gone after the kleptocratic Trump, not the "treason" bullshit, and they would be against the fascism, not the "populism," and they would be against the Venezuela op, not the Korean peace effort, and they would be advancing Medicare for All and some lite-neoliberal version of Green New Deal to win the 2020 election, and they'd have no aversion to the idea that both Trump and Clintons could be destroyed forever by giving the Epstein thing 20% of the play #Russiagate got. The kleptocratic Trump is so aggressively obvious, however, that the impeachable scandals keep being forced into the laps of those who'd rather #Russiagate.

So u r rasist?
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Elvis » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:12 pm

Belligerent Savant wrote:You've just inspired another copy/paste deluge, RocketMan. :wink

This is baiting and troublemaking — uncalled for — don't do that! Thanks.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:30 pm

On edit: Reply to liminaOyster:

Jack is not just rasist but, even worse, anti-American. What Mister Long Foreign Words, being a smarty-pants bolshevik, calls "Trump's kleptocracy" (sic - these fucking New York intellectuals, lol!!!) is simply The American Way perfected. Modeled on the British Way, which was a way of consolidating the gains made by mass murder and theft and cloaking those gains in something called law.

I'm not joking. Really not. How did Nancy Pelosi make her millions, or Bill Clinton his, or Goldman Sachs its? By honest means? Through sheer hard work? With faith in Jesus, or Buddha? By caring about other people? By following the Kantian categorical imperative?

Never give a sucker, aka a human, an even break.

Trump is the apotheosis of the American Dream, i.e., he's an embarrassingly ugly fucker. That's why he has to be disavowed (oo la la) and blamed on those sly slanty-eyed Slav commie bastards.

America means freedom and freedom means profit, by any means necessary. That's why Moscow must, and therefore will be, nuked, eventually. You didn't read it here first.
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:38 pm

liminalOyster

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:57 pm

^^Nancy Pelosi is 103. Isn't she lovely? It all comes from good clean living, faith in God, and honest hard work.

Compare the Poor. And I'm like yuck, eat more organic vegetables, guys. Exercise. Do some like yoga or something.

Why don't they take better care of themselves? Let Nancy be an inspiration to them all.

#Resistance 2020

Haters gonna hate.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:18 pm

MacCruiskeen » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:57 pm wrote:^^Nancy Pelosi is 103. Isn't she lovely? It all comes from good clean living, faith in God, and honest hard work.

Compare the Poor. And I'm like yuck, eat more organic vegetables, guys. Exercise. Do some like yoga or something.

Why don't they take better care of themselves? Let Nancy be an inspiration to them all.

I feel you. For some reason this reminds me of a Ray Davies lyric tho.

Nancy Pelosi is 103 / Isn't she love-ly?
Compare the Poor / And I'm like yuck, eat more
organic vegetables, guys. / Exercise.
Why don't they take better / care of themselves? / Let Nancy be / an inspiration to them all.

Or maybe more like Blur c. Parklife:

Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur
Of what is known as
(Parklife)
And morning soup can be avoided
If you take a route straight through what is known as
(Parklife)
John's got brewers droop he gets intimidated
By the dirty pigeons, they love a bit of him
(Parklife)
Who's that gut lord marching?
You should cut down on your parklife mate, get some exercise
All the people
So many people
They all go hand in hand
Hand in hand through their parklife
Know what I mean?
I get up when I want except on Wednesdays
When I get rudely awakened by the dustmen
(Parklife)
I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea
And I think about leaving the house
(Parklife)
I feed the pigeons I sometimes feed the sparrows too
It gives me a sense of enormous well-being
(Parklife)
And then I'm happy for the rest of the day safe in the knowledge
There will always be a bit of my heart devoted to it
All the people
So many people
And they all go hand in hand
Parklife
(Parklife)
Parklife
(Parklife)
It's got nothing to do with
Vorsprung durch technique you know
(Parklife)
And it's not about you joggers
Who go round and round and round
(Parklife)
All the people
So many people
All the people
So many people
liminalOyster

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:58 am

Jerky » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:38 am wrote:I continue to be amazed that any "Russiagate skeptics" remain, and have to seriously doubt that any of them are sincere at this point. One simply cannot be both informed about the most recent developments AND sincere in doubting that there is a significant Russian element to Trump's treason. In this particular case, these two categories pretty decisively cancel each other out.

I am very well informed about the developments and not at all amazed that the institutions and networks who created #Russiagate had their reasons and will keep up a modified version of their propaganda campaign. Nor am I surprised that a core of #Russiagaters will remain fully devoted to their fandom and its rituals and activities. They will continue to add curlicues and epicycles to the failed narrative. Many #Russiagaters will also continue supporting aggressive foreign policy for years to come. More to the functional point of the #Russiagate operation, members of this well-indoctrinated minority will keep seeking and designating people as traitors for the heresy of suggesting American problems are not Russian-created. Trump is no more "treasonous" than any other embodiment of American nativism, racism, militarism, imperialism, ruling class kleptocracy, misogyny, proto-fascism, cartoon-boss-style authoritarianism, and the kind of capitalism that is absolutely determined to burn the planet. "Treason" to some notion of the "America" that actually created this Trump is not the relevant category. To suggest it is so is basically a way of blocking effective opposition. #Russiagate is a false opposition, its effect has been to legitimate Trump and distract from the real criminal activities. Manafort's judge, meanwhile, told you the thing that's always been obvious.

MORE
In the OP to the Real Manafort thread, I put this much more succinctly:

Now comes a kind of kill shot for #Russiagate, but only in the real world. Empires make the facts they like and #Russiagaters will continue to worship at their golden calf.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41315

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:34 am

Scheer interviews Stephen Cohen & Katrina vanden Heuvel on #Russiagate
Podcast & Transcript
https://www.truthdig.com/articles/liber ... ussiagate/

Interesting for their views but also their disagreements, weightings and omissions regardless of perspective. Has a bit of the feeling and thus the limits of an Alt-Power Elite discussing top-level policy shoulds and coulds of the past and present.

JackRiddler

Postby RocketMan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:24 am

I mean stick a fork in RussiaGate, it's done. For realz. The empthywheel person was just having an unsourced hissy fit at Aaron Maté on Twitter, she is now resorting to name-calling instead of providing sources for her claims.

And here's John Kiriakou on Chelsea Manning:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:43 am

I'm glad Cohen turned rat. (As Kiriakou was also accused of doing, by the way.) In both cases, it was the right thing! And in doing so, Cohen actually stuck another fork into the #Russiagate plot, and flipped the narrative back to capitalist operations and emoluments, where at least the truth about the Trump business side lies.

That's one of the gists of my Counterpunch piece:
https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/03/01 ... les-blood/

thread here:
http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/ ... =8&t=41609

JackRiddler

Postby liminalOyster » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:49 pm

"How does one keep from being fascist even (especially) when one believes oneself to be a revolutionary militant? ... Free political action from all unitary and totalizing paranoia." -- Foucault's Intro to D/G Anti-Oedipus
Last edited by liminalOyster on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
liminalOyster

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:00 am

Good luck with that. I should say: I agree, but it's hard!!! #Russiagate recedes, but the partial mission was accomplished, keeping the focus off real-existing capitalism for two years. Now, as Trump gets hit with more focus on his org's actual business dealings running back decades, the "new" scandals will be all the more vulnerable to styling and dismissal as nothing more than a vindictive Round 2 from the Sore Loser Libruls who didn't get their #Russiagate pie.

Meanwhile, the US attack on Venezuela with the "deniable" power blackout (or do you prefer amazing if plausible coincidence, right after they teased a coming war by all means?) is another Rubicon crossed, as was Stuxnet in its time. If they can do this, and are doing it, and it's not seen for what it is, what stops everyone else who has the capacity or can develop it from feeling empowered to go ahead and mimic it? From this moment, what's going to stop paranoid people from making up technically feasible stories about the Boeing 737 Max 8 or surveillance aspects of Huawei phones being a form of World War Trade? When the power fails in your town, was it a predictable consequence of long-term infrastructural neglect or an enemy attack? Choose your enemy!

Last edited by JackRiddler on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

JackRiddler

Postby overcoming hope » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:40 am

Yoel RothVerified account
@yoyoel
Head of Site Integrity at @Twitter.

"In this case, we initially misidentified 228 accounts as connected to Russia. As our investigations into their activity continued, we uncovered additional information allowing us to more confidently associate them with Venezuela."

4:56 PM - 4 Feb 2019

(Now you are up-to-date!)
overcoming hope

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:45 am

JackRiddler » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:00 am wrote:Good luck with that. I should say: I agree, but it's hard!!! #Russiagate recedes, but the partial mission was accomplished, keeping the focus off real-existing capitalism for two years. Now, as Trump gets hit with more focus on his org's actual business dealings running back decades, the "new" scandals will be all the more vulnerable to styling and dismissal as nothing more than a vindictive Round 2 from the Sore Loser Libruls who didn't get their #Russiagate pie.

Meanwhile, the US attack on Venezuela with the "deniable" power blackout (or do you prefer amazing if plausible coincidence, right after they teased a coming war by all means?) is another Rubicon crossed, as was Stuxnet in its time. If they can do this, and are doing it, and it's not seen for what it is, what stops everyone else who has the capacity or can develop it from feeling empowered to go ahead and mimic it? From this moment, what's going to stop paranoid people from making up technically feasible stories about the Boeing 737 Max 8 or surveillance aspects of Huawei phones being a form of World War Trade? When the power fails in your town, was it a predictable consequence of long-term infrastructural neglect or an enemy attack? Choose your enemy!

Warren may be a "capitalist to [her] bones" but fear not, Jack. Beto's on the case. /s

Vanity Fair wrote:He listened to college radio, produced a research report on the U.S. overthrow of the Jacobo Árbenz Guzmán government in Guatemala, and helped found an environmental club called the Terra Interest Society. He ran track and field but also deepened his devotion to punk. On his yearbook page, he quoted the Dischord band Rites of Spring: “I found a hidden wheel and it rolls to reveal that / I’m the angry son, I’m the angry son.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/03 ... verso=true
liminalOyster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion