The Russian Conspiracy as RI subject

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Russian Conspiracy as RI subject

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Rory » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:50 pm wrote:"Facts"

"Proof"

Shits gotten decidedly fakenewz around these parts

FACT from Netherlands newspaper de Volkskrant and the public broadcaster NOS

In the Summer of 2015, Dutch intelligence services were the first to alert their American counterparts about the cyberintrusion of the Democratic National Committee by Cozy Bear, a hacking group believed to be tied to the Russian government. Intelligence hackers from Dutch AIVD (General Intelligence and Security Service) had penetrated the Cozy Bear computer servers as well as a security camera at the entrance of their working space, located in a university building adjacent to the Red Square in Moscow.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40738&start=120
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:31 pm

It just never ends. The Louise Mensches are legion, they will always tweet their construct of the day, it will always be retweeted, and everyone's going to see the headlines and rarely read the later refutations and retractions and hesitant surrender of the caveats that render the story into a joke.

Imagine that even one-third of the energy in the Russia hysteria over the last year had been devoted to the real Republican voter suppression in the very states that won it for Trump, the ones that Stein did and Clinton did not contest. Or to gerrymandering. Or to talking about single-payer health care, student debt relief and higher wages, rather than Trumputin, Trumputin - exactly the strategy that helps Trump in the end.

https://steemit.com/steemit/@suzi3d/10- ... -fake-news

10 Reasons The Dutch-Russia Hacking Story Is Fake News

It was breathlessly announced today by that pillar of independent news sources, US intelligence contractor Eric Garland, that the Dutch possess [had] incontrovertible proof that Russia indeed hacked the US election.

Citing an article in a Dutch publication, Garland let fly with a series of narrative tweets with screenshots of a translation of the article, to make his case.

His original tweet had already clocked over 1800 retweets by the time I happened across it...

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 pm

little Suzie or Netherlands newspaper de Volkskrant and the public broadcaster NOS

who can say?

yes this is true but that does not refute the FACT that Russia hacked Clinton's emails and that FACT can not be ignored

Imagine that even one-third of the energy in the Russia hysteria over the last year had been devoted to the real Republican voter suppression in the very states that won it for Trump, the ones that Stein did and Clinton did not contest. Or to gerrymandering. Or to talking about single-payer health care, student debt relief and higher wages, rather than Trumputin, Trumputin - exactly the strategy that helps Trump in the end.

guess what the House and Senate will be democratic at the end of this year so people can handle a couple of things at the same time

we don't need any money from U.S. banks we have all the funding we need out of Russia
--Eric Trump
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/332270 ... funding-we
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:09 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:38 pm wrote:little Suzie or Netherlands newspaper de Volkskrant and the public broadcaster NOS

who can say?

Now that's the attitude of the peasant standing by her King. Whatever the lord says!

I mean, back in those WMD days of 2002, when it was little SLAD or New York Times reporter Judy Miller and the public broadcaster NPR, who could say?

Golly, no one can say! No one can read, or think. Just feed us, King! We have faith in you!

yes this is true but that does not refute the FACT that Russia hacked Clinton's emails and that FACT can not be ignored

Fact: Capitalizing FACT does not turn unsubstantiated wishful thinking into fact, or FACT, or even fAcT.

Anyway, sorry, flood away, I have you on ignore because I don't like it very much when I beat up on you needlessly like this.

PS - If Suzie is too "little" for you, what are you doing here? Why are you bothering?

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Grizzly » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:20 am

Hey kids! What if both PKD was half right and Oglesby was half right -and is rolling in his grave- over the Volksgeist?
China gets the left coast (House of Bush) and Russia gets the East coast (House of Trump)

Old $$$ vs New $$$

:shrug:

It isn't the rebels who cause the troubles of the world, it's the troubles that cause the rebels.
—Carl Oglesby

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:17 am

I am so heart broken Jack is beating up on me while ignoring me

it's a twofer

are you a Clinton Uranium fan Jack?

please keep ignoring me

Barrett Brown‏
@BarrettBrown_
Follow Follow @BarrettBrown_
More
Replying to @Suzi3D
If you've little time for my "armchair criticism," stop tweeting me debunked fabrications about how Hillary Clinton sold 20 percent of U.S. uranium to Russia, shifting to how we should be talking about Assange's health, and then going on about the dark forces that are lying to me
7:20 PM - 8 Dec 2017

Investigation was conducted by Dutch journalists Eelco Bosch van Rosenthal of Nieuwsuur and Huib Modderkolk of De Volkskrant

New Report Says Dutch Have Absolute Proof Russia Was Behind 2016 Election Hacking
KEVIN DRUM
JAN. 26, 2018 1:25 AM

The Dutch newspaper de Volkskrant (“The People’s Paper”) has quite the intriguing story today. Apparently AIVD, the Dutch equivalent of the CIA, broke into the computer systems of a nondescript building in Moscow a few years ago. They had no idea what was there, but eventually they figured it out. It was the workplace of Cozy Bear, Russia’s most infamous hacking group:

That’s how the AIVD becomes witness to the Russian hackers harassing and penetrating the leaders of the Democratic Party, transferring thousands of emails and documents. It won’t be the last time they alert their American counterparts. And yet, it will be months before the United States realize what this warning means: that with these hacks the Russians have interfered with the American elections. And the AIVD hackers have seen it happening before their very eyes.

….The Cozy Bear hackers are in a space in a university building near the Red Square. The group’s composition varies, usually about ten people are active. The entrance is in a curved hallway. A security camera records who enters and who exits the room. The AIVD hackers manage to gain access to that camera. Not only can the intelligence service now see what the Russians are doing, they can also see who’s doing it. Pictures are taken of every visitor. In Zoetermeer, these pictures are analyzed and compared to known Russian spies.

….Access to Cozy Bear turns out to be a goldmine for the Dutch hackers. For years, it supplies them with valuable intelligence about targets, methods and the interests of the highest ranking officials of the Russian security service [which they share with the United States]….In return, the Dutch are given knowledge, technology and intelligence. According to one American source, in late 2015, the NSA hackers manage to penetrate the mobile devices of several high ranking Russian intelligence officers. They learn that right before a hacking attack, the Russians search the internet for any news about the oncoming attack.

de Volkskrant says the Dutch are pretty pissed off that our intelligence services, in an effort to prove that Russia really did interfere with the US election, have repeatedly bragged about the remarkable efforts of a “Western ally.” However, the details in this story come from both American and Dutch sources, so apparently there are at least a few folks in the Netherlands who figure they might as well brag about it themselves now that the operation is over.

If all this is true, the primary sources for our knowledge of the 2016 election hacking are the Dutch operation and the NSA penetration of Russian mobile devices. Those are some pretty good sources, and it accounts for why the US intelligence community is so certain that Russia was behind all the various hacks. And there are other Russian attacks, too, which are described in some detail in the story. I wonder if they have similar intelligence about Wikileaks?https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2018/01/new-report-says-dutch-have-absolute-proof-russia-was-behind-2016-election-hacking/

Dutch subsidiary of Russia's Alfa Bank raided in money laundering investigation
Reuters Staff

AMSTERDAM, Dec 12 (Reuters) - The Dutch subsidiary of Russia’s Alfa Bank, owned by billionaire Mikhail Fridman, was searched last week as part of an investigation into possible money laundering, the Dutch financial crimes prosecutor said on Tuesday.
https://www.reuters.com/article/netherl ... SL8N1OC4SM

Sources: FBI investigation continues into 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/politics/ ... index.html

Alfa Bank..the one that was accused of having a server in the basement of Trump Tower?

Was a Trump Server Communicating With Russia?
This spring, a group of computer scientists set out to determine whether hackers were interfering with the Trump campaign. They found something they weren’t expecting
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... ussia.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bEdMuKq30I
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Jerky » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:50 am

Thanks, Burnt.

Also, Elvis, you better believe the contempt is mutual. In fact, I think it's long past time to block your bullshit.

Goodbye.

Jerky
Jerky

Postby Jerky » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:01 am

And you expect Greenwald's Intercept to say anything other than this?

Jerky

Postby Jerky » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:04 am

Furthermore, I believe this ridiculous Intercept article was already aptly mocked and derided in this very discussion, wasn't it? Why further the beshittening of this forum by repeating shits that have already been shat?
Jerky

Postby American Dream » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:16 am

This is what really happened when Chelsea Manning partied with the far right

Game night

Before Fairbanks was dubbed a pro-Trump “leader in the Deplorable movement” by Cosmopolitan, she was a die-hard progressive, setting up a Tinder account just to convert thirsty young men to the Bernie Sanders ticket, according to the magazine. After the Democratic primaries, she cast all that off, adopting anti-immigrant vitriol and a hatred for Hillary Clinton.

She never stopped loving Manning, though.

Fairbanks, who now works for the far-right blog the Gateway Pundit, is staunch anti-imperialist and a dedicated supporter of Wikileaks. She joined Twitter just to keep up with Manning’s incarceration, and wrote her letters of support while she was in prison.

In September, they ended up on opposite sides of a protest against right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos in Berkeley. Fairbanks messaged Manning to say that she had Manning’s back if there was any violence. Regardless of politics, they always shared an animosity toward the American military machine and the atrocities they saw in the Iraq War. During the protest, Manning responded, and the two developed a personal relationship.

Those who knew Manning on the far right considered it a friendship. But close confidantes of Manning on the left insist that Fairbanks was being played.

On Nov. 30, Fairbanks planned on attending an escape room — a group activity where people are locked in a room full of puzzles that they must solve within a set time to find their way out. This particular room was themed after the moon landing.

“Venture back to 1969 and see if you can make America proud,” the escape room’s website advertises.

To anyone familiar with key players in right-wing political drama, the attendance list would have set off major red flags. One attendee was Wintrich, a coworker of Fairbanks’ at the Gateway Pundit and a fake news purveyor. Another was Posobiec, famous for, among other things, advancing the “Pizzagate” conspiracy theory that led a gunman to a Washington, D.C., pizzeria in search of a fake pedophile ring.

Lucian Wintrich first rose to fame through his “Twinks For Trump” photo series. Lucian Wintrich/Instagram

https://mic.com/articles/187585/this-is ... far-right#
American Dream

Postby Karmamatterz » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:02 pm

Whether awarded to its straight entertainment products or for products from the entertainment divisions that happen to be labeled as "news," the corporate media's internal industry awards are no more an indicator of genuine merit or quality than the Oscars are for movies.

Jack is spot on with that. The newspaper business is riff with patting itself on the back with awards. I've seen up close and know specific titles and people (who will go unmentioned) that went way the hell out of their way to get a Pulitzer, and other "prizes." It really gets nauseating when you see this crap as the goal isn't to dig for the truth but to get the "prize." It is refreshing to see the work of journalists Glenn Greenwald and Laura Poitras honored with their Pulitzers. They sure as hell deserved them and risked much to bring the Snowden information to light. Maddow doesn't come close to the kind of work those two did. She is self-admittedly as TV host with a strong activist agenda.

On RI it should go without saying, but does need repeating that just because a story is published doesn't mean the reporter and outlet isn't being played by the intelligence agencies. This happens all the time. The alphabet agencies don't release information willy nilly, they have their agendas and know quite well how the game is played.
Karmamatterz

Postby Karmamatterz » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:04 pm

Jerky, man you were doing so good a few weeks ago with a renewed sense of patience and that New Year's resolution! We probably won't ever agree on much but I find your engagement on RI quite worthwhile.
Karmamatterz

Postby Jerky » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:40 pm

I apologize if my... interactions of late have come across as overly aggressive or antagonistic, but I hope you believe me when I tell you that it all comes from a place of sincere frustration at the willful obstinacy (not to mention unearned condescension) that certain individuals are expressing lately. Some people here seem to think that adopting a scoffing, know-it-all, I-don't-care attitude towards so-called mainstream media sources means that they, themselves, know better than those who get their information from the so-called mainstream media sources.

What the hell do they think they're basing THEIR opinions on? Whispers from the Lord?

Anyhoo, I've blocked some of the worst offenders, and intend to do so to anyone who waves red flags in my face from hereon out. So I imagine that will help keep me on an even keel.

Thanks for your kind words, otherwise.
yer old pal Jerky
Jerky

Postby liminalOyster » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:28 pm

Jerky » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:01 am wrote:And you expect Greenwald's Intercept to say anything other than this?

Actually, the Intercept has often diverged with Glenn on Russiagate. Maybe Maté is more of a loyalist. Dunno.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Jerky » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:18 pm

"Often"?
Jerky

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion