The Russian Conspiracy as RI subject

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Russian Conspiracy as RI subject

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:41 pm

Belligerent Savant » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:41 am wrote:.They may be better served targeting Trump's business dealings prior to going into office, but that's unlikely to happen, given statute of limitations. And it'll make for poor optics, adding to the 'witch hunt' refrain.

Regarding statute of limitations, I doubt that very much. Was a decision met in 2013 to instantly and completely legitimize the long-term org and family business models overnight, because by 2019 they'd be in the presidency? They wouldn't even know how. It's all they've ever known. It's normal to them, they have no sense of it as right and wrong, it's illegal-legal-schmegal. One of their protections is that it's normal to most of the ruling class. And it can always be met at least in part with oh, yeah, look at the Clintons' dealings, or look at this or that someone else does.

The instant emoluments grifting, the use of the inauguration fund and the "charity," the 666 dealings, the family tradition of pride about tax evasion, the payoffs to the women -- these are examples of ongoing business, and doubtless only the tip of an iceberg. Some of these items can be tied directly to policy decisions in office, and to the stated desire to clamp down on the press via libel claims and legislation proposals. It's hard to believe the cabinet isn't run in part on a pay-go basis.

*coughEPSTEINNUCLEAROPTIONcough*

But now this stuff, which goes back decades, looks as though it's merely a Round 2 after #Russiagate flopped (which was obvious pretty much on its first day), and is thus susceptible to the retroactive "witchhunt" charge.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:58 pm

^^^^^^
Can't help but laugh to myself reading the above, as it plays like f'ing satire.

And it is. Except it's also an accurate rendering of events.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:05 pm

stickdog99 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:05 am wrote:Let me be 100% clear. I support Radical Feminists. I hate Trump and all of his apologists.

Okay, so I'm not even going to ask what you meant. It's fine.

I do not mean to gloat about this, but I am the sort who takes a strange pride in never having watched Survivor, American Idol, or The Bachelor.

I was exposed to one of those for brief bits, but two out of three ain't bad. I've had the same feeling. Probably shouldn't gloat too much about it. We are legion.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby liminalOyster » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:04 pm

Well fuck me. I thought I was not one for schadenfreude. Apparently I'm way more of an asshole than I gave myself credit for:

No collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, Mueller says.

Mr. Barr’s letter said that Mr. Mueller’s investigation did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to manipulate the 2016 presidential election. He quoted the following takeaway line from the special counsel report: “[T]he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”

Mr. Barr’s letter went on to note that “despite multiple offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign,” the special counsel did not find evidence of “agreement — tacit or express — between the Trump campaign and the Russian government on election interference.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/24/us/p ... dates.html
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby RocketMan » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:07 pm

Whoopsie daisie!
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:57 pm

Must. Retcon. Mueller. As Russian bot!

So Mueller can do the same thing we can by reading attentively? Some super prosecutor he turned out to be.

I can't believe we're sitting here debating reelection prospects. The question was such a stupid one to stake it all on.

Predict Trump will save Manafort pardon for next year, for use as device to inject chaos into flow of election, if it seems to be going against him.

JackRiddler

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:07 pm

JackRiddler » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:57 pm wrote:
I can't believe we're sitting here debating reelection prospects. The question was such a stupid one to stake it all on.

Predict Trump will save Manafort pardon for next year, for use as device to inject chaos into flow of election, if it seems to be going against him.

That is an astute call on pardon timing, I promise to take credit for that prediction when it happens.

I'm curious, though: when and how would it "seem to be going against" the most hated man that the US media has ever had to cover, day after day? Because, man, I definitely recall Campaign 2016 "going against" Trump at every last turn, right up until the very end.

And for what? His base is fractured but they'll get united by the same thing that united them last time: whatever asshole the DNC nominates. Negative stories are fake news, bad polls are fake news, video footage of a confused orange man shooting people dead on Fifth Avenue is just proof that the man is passionate about his country.

Anyways, as for re-election, that was always his to lose. Democrats learned nothing and changed nothing.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:17 pm

JackRiddler » 24 Mar 2019 18:05 wrote:
stickdog99 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:05 am wrote:Let me be 100% clear. I support Radical Feminists. I hate Trump and all of his apologists.

Okay, so I'm not even going to ask what you meant. It's fine.

Obviously, I made my "poetic" point poorly. I think the battle between Radical Feminists and people born with unwanted SRY genes is symbolic of the current state of false consciousness among those of us to the left of Attila the President. We are more the 1% 99 times over than we are the 99%.

I think the vast majority of Americans agree that Trump is corrupt, his priorities are backwards, his policies are deleterious, and his administration is a disaster. So why not try to focus resistance on obvious things that affect people's day to day lives that all or at least almost all of us who do not watch Fox News can agree are disastrous?
Last edited by stickdog99 on Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stickdog99

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:19 pm

New York Charges Manafort With 16 Crimes. If He’s Convicted, Trump Can’t Pardon Him.
Paul J. Manafort, President Trump’s former campaign chairman, has been indicted on new fraud charges in New York.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/13/nyre ... tment.html

and trump will not be able to pardon his kids for state crimes either
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:34 pm

seemslikeadream » 24 Mar 2019 21:19 wrote:
New York Charges Manafort With 16 Crimes. If He’s Convicted, Trump Can’t Pardon Him.
Paul J. Manafort, President Trump’s former campaign chairman, has been indicted on new fraud charges in New York.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/13/nyre ... tment.html

and trump will not be able to pardon his kids for state crimes either

Thanks for bringing some at least potentially good news to this pity parade.
stickdog99

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:40 pm

this was always how it was going to turn out....can't impeach trump ...Pence would pardon him

can't indict and convict the kids on federal crimes because trump would pardon them

impeaching trump would make him as popular as impeaching Clinton did

Watergate investigators sent report to Congress and said now it is up to you

yes I changed my mind on impeachment ...a year of hearings will suffice :D

Felix you are up next Wednesday and here's looking at you Deutsche Bank
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:51 pm

WRex:
...as for re-election, that was always his to lose. Democrats learned nothing and changed nothing.

+1
Belligerent Savant

Postby liminalOyster » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:51 pm

seemslikeadream » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:40 pm wrote:this was always how it was going to turn out....can't impeach trump ...Pence would pardon him

can't indict and convict the kids on federal crimes because trump would pardon them

impeaching trump would make him as popular as impeaching Clinton did

Watergate investigators sent report to Congress and said now it is up to you

yes I changed my mind on impeachment ...a year of hearings will suffice :D

Felix you are up next Wednesday and here's looking at you Deutsche Bank

SLAD, I love you and almost edited my schadenfreude comment specifically to make clear that you were not implied, at all.

But unless Im mistaken, you claimed many times that the report was going to prove collusion. Am I wrong or did your view change recently?
liminalOyster

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:31 pm

Collusion is not a crime.....but it is trump's favorite word and I have linked to many many stories that use that word ....at one time I had the phrase Collusion is not a Crime in my sig line...and did post that a long time ago in one of my replies ..I will try and find it. I agree with Marcy Wheeler collusion is not a crime

even if collusion was proven ...that is not a crime...conspiracy is a crime and maybe we will get to that in the next year of hearings

I don't mind at all what anyone posts about me here ....I can't and won't be bothered correcting the record every time someone attributes some false statement to me I just don't have the time for it...happens way too often

trump is a criminal and has been named Individual 1 in the Cohen indictment

and one more thing I never believed the Mueller Report would be the lasts word on trump and his crimes ...it's just a start...it's always been the public hearings that will be the end of trump....just like Nixon
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby liminalOyster » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:13 pm

seemslikeadream » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:31 pm wrote:I don't mind at all what anyone posts about me here ....I can't and won't be bothered correcting the record every time someone attributes some false statement to me I just don't have the time for it...happens way too often

OK, well for myself and attempts to not be an asshole, I would mind if I misattributed something to your or anyone else.
liminalOyster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion