How Standard Oil and GM Stymied L.A. Public Transportation

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: How Standard Oil and GM Stymied L.A. Public Transportati

Postby smoking since 1879 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:57 pm

82_28 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:19 pm wrote:If you are in CZ, do you mind telling me (us) what the name and recipe of that hella unhealthy cheese sandwich they have there? I guess I could look it up.

not sure what you're referring to there :(
sandwiches aren't really a thing here (except the standard issue triangle-in-a-box), we have open sandwiches - Chlebíčky (little bread) and you can pile pretty much anything on top of a bit of bread ;)

[edit to add]
there's also fried cheese (also available in a bun) - a slab of something in breadcrumbs, deep fried, with mayonnaise. that's considered slightly unhealthy - sits like a bowling ball in the gut after a night of beer ;)

it's called imaginatively called "Smažený Sýr" (Fried Cheese)
Last edited by smoking since 1879 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now that the assertive, the self-aggrandising, the arrogant and the self-opinionated have allowed their obnoxious foolishness to beggar us all I see no reason in listening to their drivelling nonsense any more." Stanilic
smoking since 1879

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby PufPuf93 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:11 pm

82_28 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:19 pm wrote:If you are in CZ, do you mind telling me (us) what the name and recipe of that hella unhealthy cheese sandwich they have there? I guess I could look it up.

If this was a PKD world, our auto would nag us and call us an assholes and know the name of a Czech cheese sandwich too. Plus a good GPS.
PufPuf93

Postby smoking since 1879 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:14 pm

PufPuf93 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:11 pm wrote:
82_28 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:19 pm wrote:If you are in CZ, do you mind telling me (us) what the name and recipe of that hella unhealthy cheese sandwich they have there? I guess I could look it up.

If this was a PKD world, our auto would nag us and call us an assholes and know the name of a Czech cheese sandwich too. Plus a good GPS.

:rofl2

i think google is working on it ;)
"Now that the assertive, the self-aggrandising, the arrogant and the self-opinionated have allowed their obnoxious foolishness to beggar us all I see no reason in listening to their drivelling nonsense any more." Stanilic
smoking since 1879

Postby 82_28 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:44 pm

Yep, that's it. Thank you. My friends went on a tour with their band in CZ and couldn't stop singing its praises when they got home.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:34 pm

82_28 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:44 pm wrote:

Yep, that's it. Thank you. My friends went on a tour with their band in CZ and couldn't stop singing its praises when they got home.

Damn. Did someone hack my account? Cos I sure didn't post that today.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby smoking since 1879 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:43 am

82_28 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:34 am wrote:
82_28 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:44 pm wrote:

Damn. Did someone hack my account? Cos I sure didn't post that today.

yeah, something is up, i've been getting the odd notification for non-updated posts.
:starz:
smoking since 1879

Postby Harvey » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:36 pm

The winners often conveniently forget those who (and how) helped them to win. The goodwill remains where it's part of the culture. Where it isn't, it doesn't. Worth remembering. Because cultures remember longer than individuals do.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Previous

Return to General Discussion