Warmongering MoFo drops MOAB

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Warmongering MoFo drops MOAB

Postby Blue » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:00 pm

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/04/13/commander-chief-trump-drops-mother-all-bombs-afghanistan

Commander-in-Chief Trump Drops 'Mother of All Bombs' on Afghanistan
Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) said the "unprecedented use of an MOAB...marks a new front in the almost 16 year war in Afghanistan."
byLauren McCauley, staff writer

Commander-in-Chief Donald Trump unleashed one of the most powerful U.S. bombs—the 20,000 pound GBU-43, known as "the mother of all bombs"—on Afghanistan on Thursday, the Pentagon has confirmed.

The MOAB, which stands for massive ordinance air blast, reportedly struck an Islamic State (ISIS) tunnel complex in Nangarhar province. According to the Department of Defense statement, "the strike was designed to minimize the risk to Afghan and U.S. Forces conducting clearing operations in the area while maximizing the destruction of ISIS-K fighters and facilities."

However, as observers pointed out, with a one-mile blast radius, the chance of numerous civilian causalities is high. The MOAB is said to be one of the largest non-nuclear bombs in the U.S. military arsenal and this is reportedly the first time it has been used.

How's that for all you dicktards who voted for him cuz he's gonna stop all wasteful spending on Obomba's wars?
Blue

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Warmongering MoFo drops MOAB

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:19 pm

I got chewed out for suggesting this made it seem almost inevitable (at very least, well within the realm of possibility) that Trump will use a nuke during his tenure, assuming no impeachment. I think I'll stand by that though.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Blue » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:28 pm

liminalOyster » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:19 pm wrote:I got chewed out for suggesting this made it seem almost inevitable (at very least, well within the realm of possibility) that Trump will use a nuke during his tenure, assuming no impeachment. I think I'll stand by that though.

I don't see impeachment happening. And a little nuke, well hell yeah, because I'm A Number One, Mutha Fuckas!
Blue

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:01 pm

oops double post
Last edited by PufPuf93 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PufPuf93

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:01 pm

I don't think Trump will be impeached but neither do I want nor think Trump qualified for POTUS.

So far Trump has been more aggressive with military than I expected and this is worrisome as we in the most inclusive sense do not wants nukes used.

There are minds in USA military command that support these actions and allow Trump these moves.

What a freaking mess.
PufPuf93

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:19 pm

trump won't be impeached... he will be forced to step down hopefully before it's too late and he blows up the world

his tax returns will come out at the Senate Intel hearings

cornered rats drop bombs

3 members of his administration have had to register as foreign agents after the fact

trump accidentally killed 18 US-allied SDF fighters in Syria. On top of 100s of civilian deaths in Mosul. Now this.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:47 pm

trump is ready to do a preemptive strike agains NK
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby parel » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Hopefully, President Pence will be less of a genocidal lunatic.
The tricky question is, how do we stop the US being the largest arms dealer in the world?

The only answer is Revolution. Resistance. Insurrection.

Topple the fascist fuckers.

All of them.

Capitalism OVER.

Across the world.
parel

Postby JojoCivil » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:45 am

us-marine-ss-nazis.jpg

you want revolution? you want to end capitalism? you better work it, and be ready for the pushback to increase exponentially... ready now? The easy path to revolution is only forward, offering more abundance and a better life to all... selling a better product... there will be no reversal of the global technoindustrial logic, only a supplanting of with the new. Nanoscience is the danger and the way. Nanoscience leaves art, sex, and self modification to humans, and makes all other industry and farming and professions utterly moot. Already in motion. It should be a quick death or mad fun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JojoCivil

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:01 am

nice uplifting first post there JojoCivil :)

welcome
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby 82_28 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:21 am

Sorry. I don't think you can embed NBC videos, so you will have to go to the link below.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... 1312?snl=1
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:40 am

Reposting this from Virtual Jeff pretty much just for this choice line:
"Donald Trump has tasted the sweet cup of war and no one seems able to control him"

The bombing of Afghanistan shows the US is led by a one-man wild card
Simon Jenkins

First Syria, now Afghanistan – obscene and pointless bombings. But Donald Trump has tasted the sweet cup of war and no one seems able to control him

Bombs are the fool’s gold of war. Imprecise, expensive and cruel, their strategic utility diminishes the farther they fall from a politician’s desk. The US, with Britain in tepid accord, has been bombing unstable Muslim states for 16 years and has delivered nothing but death and anarchy. But the bombs have warmed the souls of successive presidents and prime ministers. A good explosion reaches parts of the body politic no other policy can reach.

Over the last week Donald Trump has seen his stock soar, even among supposed liberals, as he veers from the anti-interventionism of his election campaign and drops bombs on Syria and Afghanistan. Neither country poses the remotest threat to America’s national security. In neither is the US technically “at war”. Both were precisely the conflicts that Trump insisted he would abandon to concentrate on “America first”.

Now the president has tasted the sweet cup of war. A measure of his absurdity is that the beneficiary of the Massive Ordnance Air Blast (Moab) missile dropped on the Afghan mountains will be the local rivals of its alleged Isis victims, the rebel Taliban. It is doubtful that Trump worries about this irony. He just wanted to be seen, as he once put it, to “bomb the shit out of Isis”. He is now so hooked on gesture bombings that he holds a press conference to boast of each one.

The obscenity of the US’s legally questionable power projection is that it wins no battles and gains no territory. Western armies are clearly exhausted by fruitless ground wars in distant parts of the world. As a result, drones, cruise missiles and Moabs are forced to bear the burden of “something must be done”. As the mistakenly bombed civilians of Mosul know to their cost, the targeting is inexact, but the political aim is precise. It is to secure publicity by terrifying distant places with displays of death and destruction.

Trump openly admits that the latest bombing was “to send an important signal to North Korea”. Such signals may be hi-tech, sophisticated and great on television, but they are terrorist all the same. And we have the hypocrisy to accuse others of similar staged gestures intended to change policy by acts of violence.

The US is clearly being led by a one-man wild card whose aides are struggling to bring him under some sort of control. During the cold war, unpredictability in a leader was seen as a powerful adjunct to a nuclear deterrent. It led to a crippling arms race. Are we really back to those days? The only sane response remains to keep a sense of proportion, put on a hard hat and hope for the nightmare to pass. What is baffling is why Britain feels the need to tag along in meek support.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:28 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:01 am wrote:nice uplifting first post there JojoCivil :)

welcome

I agree, and welcome you as well, JojoCivil.

A refreshing comment, a real pick-me-up after reading the "Ignore" thread, which, btw, one might be better off ignoring.

I figure the 59 missiles that damaged the airport cost around $1.4 million each or around $84 million without adding delivery, personnel and maintenance costs.

One MOAB cost $16 million. And took the lives of a reported 38 ISIL members. Civilian fatalities remain undisclosed.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Karmamatterz » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:31 pm

It led to a crippling arms race. Are we really back to those days?

That leads to another question: Did the U.S. ever exit the arms race? So the U.S. took a short break from increasing it's fetish for arms spending in the 90's, big whoopee. There should be no surprise that Amerika will use the weapons it builds. This is a war mongering nation and has been since the close of WWII.

Think of in terms of the Kubler-Ross stages:

The Kübler-Ross model, or the five stages of grief, postulates a series of emotions experienced by terminally ill patients prior to death, wherein the five stages are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

I tend to think of "American" ideals as largely dead. Sure, we've still got a court system to air our grievances as Iam pointed out the other day, but anybody who has practical experience with the courts knows you can get screwed over badly. Freedom of speech, sure we sorta still have that. This board is an example of that. Just be careful you don't get too loud a megaphone or you'll end up in prison or Boston Braked (Hastings) or Wellstoned (Paul Wellstone).

Democracy in Amerika? LOL LOL LOL

Thankfully our "elected" politicians haven't used a nuke in a while. Nothing would surprise me. Regardless if they haven't used a nuke, ALL the presidents since WWII have done their part to use ordnance at will on lots of nations and innocents. Let's stop pretending this is something unique for the Drumpfster. Amerika is about war and profiteering. Coupled with conspicuous consumption and the need to continually grow fiat banking.
Karmamatterz

Postby The Consul » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:13 pm

Most disturbing of many disturbing facets of Trump is his ignorance. News today suggests he had no idea what FISA was or how it operates when he made his Obama wiretapping claim. This is a major screw up. His attempt at distraction ended up intensifying scrutiny which has left him flailing for other means of distraction. Whether you believe Russian Trumpgate or not, it doesn’t matter. He is playing out who many of us most fear him to be.
If he didn’t know about FISA, what can we assume he does know about NK. At least 10,000 artillery units within range of Seoul (pop 25 million, 11th largest economy on earth). A full exchange between both north and south batteries would result in tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of casualties. Assume each battery fires on average 5 shells/rockets before being destroyed. Instant Syria.
Also, the fearless leader of NK not balk at sacrificing half a million of his troops to confront the south and US, if he thought, which he very well might, that NK would come out on top after all the smoke clears and the moutains of bodies are bulldozed into mass graves (several hundred or thousands of which will include US service members).
We cannot assume that Trump knows any of this, or that there are people in his sphere who will caution him against brinkmanship with someone who might be a bigger fruit loop than him. Certainly not Tillerson or Mad Dog. Who then, his daughter?
Guess that is the best case scenario and it may well happen once indictments start coming out of NY AG office and Senate Intel committee. There is no reason to think that Trump will see provoking NK as a bad risk. He’ll calculate it will do for him what 911 did for Bush.
And he’s motivated to take that risk instead of being ruined and doin time.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Next

Return to General Discussion