Venezuela

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Venezuela

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:22 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:23 pm

Jill needs to back and have lunch with putin
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:24 pm

Laughable.
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:26 pm

The Photo That May Help Unlock the Trump-Russia Scandal

Congressional investigators say Trump’s former national security adviser lied about being paid to dine with Putin.

0CA362B7-30B2-4CD0-AADD-331AD7A2187C.jpeg

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... nce-photo/

We are done with Putin’s influence in America
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:32 pm

“Stein presents herself as a champion of the underclass and the environment, and an opponent of the surveillance state and corporate media, and yet she seemed to take pleasure in her marriage of true minds with a kleptocratic intelligence officer who levels forests and arrests or kills critical journalists and invades foreign countries,”

11B49B15-6DB0-417B-82D5-3634CC6D3D24.png

Here's how Jill Stein helps Putin promote his right-wing agenda to the American left
Jill Stein ran to the left of Hillary Clinton, but her views frequently line up with Vladimir Putin — whose policies contradict many of the left-wing values she champions.

Journalist Casey Michel reported for The Daily Beast on Stein’s political ties to Putin, who considers Clinton his enemy, and how the Kremlin-sponsored media outlets promote anti-American views aimed at both the far-right and far-left in the U.S.

“Stein presents herself as a champion of the underclass and the environment, and an opponent of the surveillance state and corporate media, and yet she seemed to take pleasure in her marriage of true minds with a kleptocratic intelligence officer who levels forests and arrests or kills critical journalists and invades foreign countries,” Michel wrote. “Their true commonality, of course, is that both Putin and Stein are dogged opponents of U.S. foreign policy.”

Intelligence officials explained to both Donald Trump and President Barack Obama last week how Russia uses media outlets such as RT, formerly known as Russia Today, to undermine domestic trust in American democratic institutions.

According to intelligence officials, RT also actively collaborated with WikiLeaks to peel away American leftists from Clinton, who Putin despises for challenging the fairness of Russian elections.

Stein, the Green Party candidate for president, was heavily promoted by RT during the election campaign and was invited to Moscow last year for the network’s 10-year anniversary.

It’s not clear who paid for her December 2015 trip, although a former British spy claims in the infamous “golden showers” memo that the Kremlin did so indirectly, but her campaign has refused to comment on the matter.

SPONSORED

Stein sat at the same table as Putin during the event, along with Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, Trump’s pick for national security advisor, who has admitted he was paid by RT to attend.

Green Party officials in Europe were shocked that Stein seemed more opposed to Clinton than Trump, and one Swiss party official called her “delusional.”

Stein spoke at an RT-sponsored panel, where she praised Putin as a political novice who agreed with her “on many issues,” and she has echoed Russian propaganda about NATO and a U.S.-backed “coup” in Ukraine.

“Instead of fomenting a hostile Ukraine we should be leading the way in establishing a neutral Ukraine that would allow Russia to not feel under attack,” Stein said on her campaign website.

RT also hosted the Green Party’s presidential debate last year and carried live updates of Stein’s reactions to the debates between Clinton and Trump.

Michel argues that RT spends more time targeting the American far-left than the far-right, and he said the Kremlin-backed Sputnik network does the same.

He doesn’t ascribe any motives to Stein’s seeming allegiance to Putin, but Michel believes that her criticism — amplified by WikiLeaks — may have cost Clinton crucial votes in swing states.

“Putin has cultivated dupes, fellow travelers, and purblind fools among plenty of American progressives who, whether by accident or design, have facilitated the rise of the most extremist and reactionary president this country has ever elected,” Michel wrote.
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/heres- ... ican-left/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:42 pm

07688401-3C2B-4E0A-B3E6-34663146AEA7.jpeg
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:45 pm

The Russian effort to divert votes to Jill Stein was more extensive than previously thought
More than a thousand tweets were sent about the Green Party candidate by Russian operatives looking to help Donald Trump.

Dec 22, 2018, 1:29 pm

NEW YORK, NY - DECEMBER 5: Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein waits to speak at a news conference on Fifth Avenue across the street from Trump Tower, December 5, 2016 in New York City. Credit: Drew Angerer/Getty Images
The extent of Russia’s involvement in the 2016 election is well-documented and yet still not fully understood. Russian agents were responsible for stealing and releasing emails from the Democratic National Committee. Russia used Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms to spread disinformation and sow discord among the American public. This was done to benefit then-candidate Donald Trump.

A new report commissioned by members of the U.S. Senate intelligence committee expands upon another facet of Russia’s pro-Trump operation: an effort to divert votes away from Hillary Clinton and toward Green Party candidate Jill Stein.

An analysis from NBC News found an extensive, coordinated effort by Russian operatives to boost Stein’s candidacy by targeting voters from key Democratic demographics.

One example NBC News highlighted was an Instagram account called @woke_blacks, which shared pro-Stein images in the run-up to the election and dismissed valid criticism that votes for Stein would help Donald Trump’s candidacy in crucial swing states.

Black voters were one of the main targets of Russia’s propaganda effort. Previous disclosures by investigators looking into Russia’s election manipulation campaign have noted that a central pillar of their interference game plan involved stoking racial animosity via social networks. It was a tactic mirrored by the Trump campaign itself, which went so far as to admit they specifically tried to suppress the turnout of black voters on election day.

The NBC News analysis found that Russians working with the infamous Internet Research Agency — the Kremlin-linked propaganda outfit with close ties to Putin — tweeted out Jill Stein’s name at least 1,000 times, on a network of fake accounts whose online reach is thought to be in the tens of millions

That report comes several months after two professors at Clemson University first released their own findings into the pro-Stein campaign undertaken by Russia. As ThinkProgress’ Casey Michel reported at the time:

Some of the accounts also spread misinformation about Stein. One, @KenzDonovan, claimed that Stein had even endorsed Trump during the election: “BREAKING: Jill Stein Just ENDORSED Donald Trump! Watch Her Obliterate Hillary!”

Stein has long been a key figure in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s ongoing Russia investigation. The environmental activist and erstwhile presidential candidate was in frequent communication with individuals inside Russia, and she herself made a trip to Moscow in 2015 to attend, among other things, a dinner hosted by Russian propaganda network RT, where she sat alongside future Trump campaign aide Michael Flynn and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Here’s what a new trove of Russian Twitter accounts tell us about Moscow’s support for Jill Stein

Stein and her presidential campaign have largely refused to cooperate with the Senate’s own investigation into Russia’s efforts to interfere with the 2016 election. She refused to turn over any communication between her campaign and “Russian persons, or representatives of Russian government, media, or business interests” earlier this year.

Coincidentally, Russian attitudes only began to sour on Stein after she publicly announced a fundraising effort to raise money to pay for vote recounts in key midwest states where Trump’s margin of victory was razor-thin. Those efforts were largely criticized by both the left and the right as a disingenuous money-grab by a campaign in debt.

https://thinkprogress.org/russia-jill-s ... ff3966227/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Elvis » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:45 pm

Why the Jill Stein hate?
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:01 pm

I don't hate her...... my views align with the Mother Jones, Raw Story and Think Progress articles. I posted the articles in response to the cross posting of BS

he brought her up and I expressed my opinion of her by posting those articles but I will not be cross posting those articles in the Venezuela thread where BS linked to.....I really don't think it is necessary to be cross posting from one Venezuela thread to the other Venezuela thread but if that is what BS wants to do fine by me ....no problem
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Elvis » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:26 pm

I think I should merge the two threads. Is there any reason not to consolidate them?
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:35 pm

you know that's the way it always had been around here for ever but lately dueling threads were best to curb trouble but now since BS and Jack have taken to cross posting posts from their threads to mine (I do try and stay out of their threads) I am not sure what to do....what would be best ...I informed BS the other day if he was going to start cross posting into my threads I might do the same to him and Jack but I think that is just stupid. If you plan on merging the two threads then I want conniption's merged into mine since mine is the oldest but honestly I think they should stay separate just like the Assange Skripal and Manafort threads....I think there would be less trouble if they remain separate .....the cross posting is silly and is really not necessary
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Elvis » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:40 pm

seemslikeadream wrote:if he was going to start cross posting into my threads I might do the same to him and Jack but I think that is just stupid.

Yeah agreed, let's not get into tit-for-tat games.
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:41 pm

so are you planning on merging or keeping them separate

so are you going to tell the tatee to stop cross posting in my threads?
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Elvis » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:42 pm

Just generally, as an observer and a person walking the Earth, this latest neoliberal attack on Venezuela makes me physically sick.
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:44 pm

well this thread seem to be going well since it was started
conniption MacCruiskeen AD and you were posting in it I don't know why conniption had to post a dupe... everyone was getting along fine

PufPuf93 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:10 am wrote:Looks like the neocons and neoliberals are dipping their toes back into Venezuela to get their war on. Trump is such a narcissistic dupe (as the alt-right might say cuck).

Russia Warns Against US Interference in Venezuela, Calls for Dialogue

Russia’s foreign ministry voiced its concern over violence by right-wing protests in Venezuela while rebuking recent threats by the U.S. Southern Command, saying these would only stoke violence and ultimately act against U.S. interests.

“Seriously alarmed, we are monitoring the situation in our friend Venezuela, where violent clashes between opposition demonstrators and the police continue, even despite the arrival of Easter,” Maria Zakharova, spokesperson for the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, told media Wednesday.

The top Russian official also expressed sympathy “for the victims of the spiral of violence that feeds on street riots,” while also alluding to the tragic history of U.S. interference in the region.

“We should highlight the risks of the increase of the destructive scene that we had previously outlined and recall the sad events in the ’70s in Chile,” Zakharova said in a reference to the U.S.-backed coup against Chilean president Salvador Allende following months of violent protests and economic sabotage.

More at: https://venezuelanalysis.com/news/13054

Venezuelans Flood Caracas in Pro and Anti-Maduro Marches amid Deadly Opposition

Caracas, April 19, 2017 (venezuelanalysis.com)

Hundreds of thousands of Venezuelans took to the streets of the capital Wednesday in massive pro and anti-government rallies marking the country’s independence day.

Thousands of red-clad supporters of President Nicolas Maduro mobilized in four separate marches that culminated in a mass rally along Bolivar Avenue in downtown Caracas.

“I am here to support the Revolution… because I love my country, I’m a Chavista in the flesh and I support Chavez and Maduro, and I want that to be heard in the US, Europe and the rest of the world so they can’t say this is a show, that we don’t have numbers, that we’re paid to be here. No, this is real,” one marcher told Venezuelanalysis.

More at: https://venezuelanalysis.com/news/13061

Venezuela Rejects "Interventionist" Statement by US Southern Command Chief

The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela categorically rejects and protests the comments expressed by Admiral Kurt Tidd, commander of the United States Southern Command, which lay the groundwork for an attack on Venezuela under the aegis of the false doctrine of collective regional security.
On Thursday, April 6 2017, Admiral Kurt Tidd declared that: “…The growing humanitarian crisis in Venezuela could eventually compel a regional response”. This affirmation, aimed at creating uncertainty and instability in the country, is framed within the interventionist order of a group of governments that are harassing and relentlessly hounding Venezuela through the construction of false assumptions accompanied by operations in the media and fraudulent processes within the framework of the Organization of American States (OAS).

This is nothing new. This is exactly the same script that has been repeated by the spokespeople and regional executioners of the interventionist plan against Venezuela to justify their avaricious ambitions with regards to our resources, seriously threatening the peace of our homeland.

Just as his predecessor John Kelly, who at the end of 2015 voiced false opinions about the political, economic and social situation of the country, which without a doubt formed part of the well-known script for interference and provocation to justify, in the name of humanitarian reasons and the subterfuge of a “regional response”, a future military intervention in our territory whose real objective is simply to overthrow the legitimately elected government.

More at: https://venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/13042
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion