R.I.P Cornell and...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

R.I.P Cornell and...

Postby Grizzly » Fri May 19, 2017 6:54 am

Motherfuck RI's USELESS ADVANCED SEARCH, YOU'D THINK OVER ALL THE GODDAMN YEARS THAT COULD HAVE BEEN FIXED.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: R.I.P Cornell and...

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri May 19, 2017 7:47 am

there are 6 posts about him here and it is why I was in such a bad mood yesterday

Rest in Peace
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38649&start=30
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Grizzly » Fri May 19, 2017 7:55 am

Rest in Peace
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38649&start=30

Thanks SLAD, same here ..seriously bums me out on such a deep level

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri May 19, 2017 8:17 am

my sister killed herself...so they say..thank god there was no internet at the time or amateur investigators to drive us completely insane....but I guess I need to grow up :roll: that happened when I was 14 years old MacCruskeen ...too bad Hannity and that weasel Wheeler weren't around at the time to help me out
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby brekin » Fri May 19, 2017 12:47 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri May 19, 2017 7:17 am wrote:my sister killed herself...so they say..thank god there was no internet at the time or amateur investigators to drive us completely insane....but I guess I need to grow up :roll: that happened when I was 14 years old MacCruskeen ...too bad Hannity and that weasel Wheeler weren't around at the time to help me out

Sorry to hear that slad. With the internet there is endless speculation, it never ends. Looks like Cornell's family is disputing the findings. Like Robin Williams there will probably be 12 versions of what happened but his wife's statement seems pretty on point. I just don't get how a "anti-anxiety" drug can even be marketed that "paranoid or suicidal thoughts, slurred speech and impaired judgment";

Chris Cornell's Wife Issues Statement, Blames Anxiety Medicine for Suicide
Vicky Cornell, the wife of Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell, issued a statement Friday morning where she remembered her late husband, who died Thursday morning at the age of 52, and speculated whether his suicide was the result of taking too much of his anxiety medication.

The singer's most memorable moments: Soundgarden's grunge classics, Audioslave's hits and his poetic solo material
"Chris's death is a loss that escapes words and has created an emptiness in my heart that will never be filled. As everyone who knew him commented, Chris was a devoted father and husband. He was my best friend," Vicky wrote.
"His world revolved around his family first and, of course, his music second. He flew home for Mother's Day to spend time with our family. He flew out mid-day Wednesday, the day of the show, after spending time with the children. When we spoke before the show, we discussed plans for a vacation over Memorial Day and other things we wanted to do."
However, following Soundgarden's concert Wednesday night, Vicky noticed a change in her husband's demeanor when they talked on the phone after the show.

"When we spoke after the show, I noticed he was slurring his words; he was different. When he told me he may have taken an extra Ativan or two, I contacted security and asked that they check on him," she continued. "What happened is inexplicable and I am hopeful that further medical reports will provide additional details. I know that he loved our children and he would not hurt them by intentionally taking his own life."

An attorney for the Cornell family, Kirk Pasich, reiterated Vicky's belief that an extra dosage of Ativan, an anxiety medication often employed by recovering addicts, altered Chris Cornell's mental faculties after the Detroit show. Pasich added that the Cornell family is "disturbed at inferences that Chris knowingly and intentionally took his life."

"Without the results of toxicology tests, we do not know what was going on with Chris — or if any substances contributed to his demise," Pasich said. "Chris, a recovering addict, had a prescription for Ativan and may have taken more Ativan than recommended dosages. The family believes that if Chris took his life, he did not know what he was doing, and that drugs or other substances may have affected his actions."
Pasich added that side effects of Ativan include "paranoid or suicidal thoughts, slurred speech and impaired judgment"; Vicky Cornell noted her husband's slurred speech following the Detroit concert in her statement.

She added, "The outpouring of love and support from his fans, friends and family means so much more to us than anyone can know. Thank you for that, and for understanding how difficult this is for us."
Hours after Cornell's death at a Detroit hotel, a medical examiner's report confirmed that the singer had died by suicide.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... nt-w483179
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Consul » Fri May 19, 2017 2:52 pm

The voice was uniquely powerful. Only the young Robert Plant could, IMHO, compare.
First fell in with it 27 years ago when Pauletti turned me on to it in the Ditto.
One of the greatest voices of his day.

you can go there but you can't really come back, it's like being homebound dreaming of wet cobble streets in another land that makes another sense even if your mother knows magic even if you see it leap off your fingers in flames up there on the island that once was all you knew and now you can't recall when Andrew took it apart shred by shred beam by beam a crescendo of joy inside an approach to rage you knew you could do that too, and he knew, he knew, he knew, too, with hardly taking a breath from that time you ran to the car, the lady was hurt and crying and you said "I'll stay here, go make the call" instant for you that in the end could not connect, after how many times? How many calls from how many hearts beating out of their chests at the Paramount, you were one of us, and we are one of you.

" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby Grizzly » Fri May 19, 2017 3:27 pm

his wife's statement seems pretty on point. I just don't get how a "anti-anxiety" drug can even be marketed that "paranoid or suicidal thoughts, slurred speech and impaired judgment";

Chris Cornell's Wife Issues Statement, Blames Anxiety Medicine for Suicide

I believe her, however I wouldn't have been so to agree with her had I not been forced to read John Grishams, The king of torts which was more insightful then I had realized at the time.

The king of torts

by:Grisham, John

Clay Carter, a public defender, reluctantly takes the case of a young man charged with a random street killing, assuming it is just another of the many senseless murders that hit D.C. every week. As he digs into the background of his client, Clay stumbles on a conspiracy too horrible to believe. He suddenly finds himself in the middle of a complex case against one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, looking at the kind of enormous settlement that would totally change his life--that would make him almost overnight, the legal profession's newest king of torts.

It's much deeper than that synopsis can convey, about the staggering malfeasance big Pharmacy gets by with..

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Project Willow » Fri May 19, 2017 3:52 pm

The Space Needle went dark for an hour in honor of Cornel:

Project Willow

Postby The Consul » Sat May 20, 2017 1:10 am

I once had 3 or 4 for beers plus 2 or three ativan as a dare that I could make it to a job interview which I did and got the job even after I could barely keep my eyes open & was probably drooling and couldn't remember name or face of supervisor. I actually passed out in an empty office.

So yeah it's wicked shit and surprising he was on it if struggling with substance abuse. It's what put the gloved one over the edge.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby Nordic » Sat May 20, 2017 2:25 am

Benzos can and do destroy lives. I've seen it first hand. Worst experiences of my life. Family member. They are nasty medications that should almost never be used but doctors hand them out like they're vitamins. Criminal.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Laodicean » Sat May 20, 2017 5:46 pm

I come from far away
My boots don’t know this ground
But they know it’s real
It doesn’t take too long
For this road to become
A battlefield

And before I let one more fire go out
Understand that I won’t give one inch of ground
From beneath yours and my feet
Whatever the price happens to be
I may not be the keeper of the flame
But I am the keeper

Beauty and truth collide
Where love meets genocide
Where laughter meets fear
Confusion all around
And as I try to feed these mouths
That have never known singing

And before I let one more tear hit the ground
I will be the one standing between you and the sound
Of the rounds echoing out
Out of the dark
The smoke and the spark
Aimed at the heart of the flame
I am the keeper ooooh

I cannot see the light
At the end of the tunnel tonight
My eyes are weary
And before I let one more life get erased
From the ashes I will rise for you and the ghosts
Of the names the faces and frames
The love and the pain for you I remain
Though I’m not worthy of being
The keeper of the flame
I am the keeper yeahhhhh
I am the keeper.
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby brekin » Thu May 25, 2017 8:10 pm

Related visions from another group 90's visionaries...Come on you Magellans, come with me, I've got pie.
To re-paraphrase Marx, what begins in farce, ends in tragedy.

The Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy

The Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy - Happiness Pie

Happiness and sunbeams and cute little puppy dogs
These are the things that I've seen with my heart
Life is a happy game if you don't forget to smile
But every now and then, your face, it harbors a frown

Sadness is a barnacle, clinging to your bright boat
You won't let it sink your spirits if you'll only learn to float
We are all sea captains, sailing on life's rough seas
Come on you Magellans, come with me, I've got pie
Happiness pie

I guess you want to know what's in this pie.
Well... there's two cups love, a cup and a half of understanding,
A tablespoon of good old-fashioned compassion,
Sugar to taste,
And you know what? The ovens are our hearts.

Happiness pie...

See the sad man in the corner, he is gross and he is old
People steal his shoes and make him eat mold
His life won't be bad, if he does what he is told
He should be an alchemist, and turn his pain into gold... golden pie

Happy tailors, happy workers, happy farmers, happy girls
Happy widowers, happy freelance artists, happy welders, happy world
Happy drinkers, happy thinkers, happy musicians, happy beauticians
Happy mayors, happy pears, happy call girls, happy hula boys

(Happiness pie)
Pa, pa, pa, pa, pa, pie
(Happiness pie)
P-p-p-p-pa, pa, pa, pa, pie
Happiness pie
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Postby Laodicean » Thu May 25, 2017 9:50 pm

Manchester.

James Bond (Roger Moore).

Laodicean

Postby Laodicean » Thu May 25, 2017 10:10 pm

...and...the best live performance of Hunger Strike.

Laodicean

Next

Return to General Discussion