Manchester concert incident

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Manchester concert incident

Postby Searcher08 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:54 pm

JackRiddler » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:26 pm wrote:And now London.

Logical to continue here, the 2017 UK election terror attacks thread.

Peace to the victims, but this one's really bizarre. Three men primed to die in a collaboration to cause maximum mayhem and this is the deadliest idea they could up with as a plot? Makes me wonder what the (never to be published) autopsy tox screens will show.

My partner and step-daughter were in the area a few hours before... Horrible feeling.

In terms of creating fear in Brit civilians, having multiple knife wielding guys burst into a pub and go on a stabbing spree is much more frightening than bombs, which would foster a 'Blitz' spirit. Knife attacks appear to be extremely difficult to defend against, even for self-defense experts.

I wondered if they were on captagon.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/12/men-making-captagon-the-drug-fueling-isis.html

Peace.
Searcher08

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Cordelia » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:23 pm

Sorry to read you were so closely impacted by this, but relieved your people are okay.

:praybow
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:55 pm

Yes, commiserations to anyone who was there.

The mass murder is real, the terror is real, the fakery is repulsive, and the perpetrators are still free. We have still seen not the tiniest fragment of evidence to convict the designated culprit. Nothing beyond innuendo. corporate-media blather, ingrained anti-Arab racism, and ridiculous, blatantly-manipulated photos.

Post any actual evidence you have that convicts Salman Albedi (deceased) aged 22.

Prediction: None will be forthcoming, because none exists. None.

I am not the slightest bit worried about being proven wrong, by the way. Go for it, please. Make your best effort. I'll be grateful to you, as will the rest of the world.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:48 pm

More context:

Salman Abedi's cousins who were arrested in the days after attack say they struggle to understand why the 'bubbly, laid-back lad with British values' unleashed hell in Manchester

Isaac and Abz Forjani, both 24, say they did not know Salman Abedi's intent

They said they partied and played football with him as kids in Manchester

Revealed they 'couldn't stop crying' over the deaths of 'little girls' in attack

By Charlie Moore For Mailonline

Published: 20:22 BST, 1 June 2017 | Updated: 10:59 BST, 2 June 2017

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4jAdWGEs8

Manchester bomber [sic] Salman Abedi's cousins have said they still cannot believe the 'bubbly and laid back lad' they used to play football and party with was a terrorist.

Isaac and Abz Forjani, both 24, have insisted they knew nothing of their cousin's murderous intent.

Isaac said that while he was being questioned by police for a week after the attack he 'couldn't stop crying' over the deaths of 'little girls' and 'innocent lives'.

Abz said he was 'out of words' when he learned his first cousin was the bomber in the afternoon after the attack. 'It was unbelievable,' he said. 'I still can't believe it.'

The barber, who owns a shop in Fallowfield, Manchester, said Salman was his 'normal' self when he came in recently for his regular haircut.

'He'd gossip, and tell jokes. He was more or less a laid back person,' he told ITV News.

'He didn't have a special character, he was just a bubbly person that always acted normal.

'He never came and spoke to me about something serious. If he had maybe I could have done something about it.'

Isaac, who said he hadn't seen his cousin for more than a year, said he and his brother were brought up with 'the same British values as everyone else' and have no connection to extremism.

He said the family were 'expecting a visit' from the police because of their links to the bomber but were surprised to be arrested.

'I was more expecting questions, interviews. I wasn't expecting to get arrested with machine guns in your face, all of that,' he said.

But he added: 'The police have to do what they have to do. I'd have stayed there for seven more days to do what I can to help them with their enquiries.'

[...]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... k-out.html

When you read, "X people have been arrested in connection with the attack in X", remember that these are among the people arrested. Arrest implies nothing important in itself and it certainly proves nothing about anyone's guilt or innocence. Often, it's just a smokescreen.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:44 pm

Complementing the Curtis/Ahmed article posted by Harvey, here's one by the great John Pilger:

May 31, 2017

Terror in Britain: What Did the Prime Minister Know?

by John Pilger

The unsayable in Britain’s general election campaign is this. The causes of the Manchester atrocity, in which 22 mostly young people were murdered by a jihadist, are being suppressed to protect the secrets of British foreign policy.

Critical questions – such as why the security service MI5 maintained terrorist “assets” in Manchester and why the government did not warn the public of the threat in their midst – remain unanswered, deflected by the promise of an internal “review”.

The alleged suicide bomber, Salman Abedi, was part of an extremist group, the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, that thrived in Manchester and was cultivated and used by MI5 for more than 20 years.

The LIFG is proscribed by Britain as a terrorist organisation which seeks a “hardline Islamic state” in Libya and “is part of the wider global Islamist extremist movement, as inspired by al-Qaida”.

The “smoking gun” is that when Theresa May was Home Secretary, LIFG jihadists were allowed to travel unhindered across Europe and encouraged to engage in “battle”: first to remove Mu’ammar Gadaffi in Libya, then to join al-Qaida affiliated groups in Syria.

Last year, the FBI reportedly placed Abedi on a “terrorist watch list” and warned MI5 that his group was looking for a “political target” in Britain. Why wasn’t he apprehended and the network around him prevented from planning and executing the atrocity on 22 May?

These questions arise because of an FBI leak that demolished the “lone wolf” spin in the wake of the 22 May attack – thus, the panicky, uncharacteristic outrage directed at Washington from London and Donald Trump’s apology.

The Manchester atrocity lifts the rock of British foreign policy to reveal its Faustian alliance with extreme Islam [...]

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/05/31 ... ster-know/

This is all essential background and context, and very damning evidence. But NB, it certainly doesn't prove that Salam Abedi dunnit. He could as easily have been even more of a patsy than Lee Harvey Oswald.

This is the obvious point that even Mark Curtis, Nafeez Ahmed and John Pilger do not make. They won't take that last step. They just take it for granted that Salam Abedi (22) dunnit, willingly. The hypothesis that he was sacrificed as casually as LHO does not cross their minds, or at least it does not cross their keyboards.

John Pilger wrote:The alleged suicide bomber, Salman Abedi, was part of an extremist group, the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, that thrived in Manchester and was cultivated and used by MI5 for more than 20 years.

Where is the evidence that this 22-year-old boy, specifically, was even a member of that group? (Much less that he was a member so fanatical that he would sacrifice his own very young life for it and willingly go down in history as a mass-murderer of children.)

If I've missed that evidence, please point me to it. I say there is none. None whatsoever.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Previous

Return to General Discussion