Congressman, others shot at Alexandria baseball park

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Congressman, others shot at Alexandria baseball park

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:51 pm

stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:32 pm wrote:"Has the whole world gone CRAZY?!"

Just noticed the resemblance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0OaeMYTbs4
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:04 pm

Kind of amazing how the Grinch's pushing 'Democrats are as terroristic as fanatical Muslim terrorists".

How did the party of perpetual liberal milquetoasts become the radical war-dog bullies Republicans claim them to be? Or are the Repubs just putting a new twist on an old meme, R - Good, D - Bad?

Another case of turnaround? Like using the left's Alinsky against them, and doing so effectively, which played a great part in contributing to his election.
Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Cordelia » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:29 pm

Smells like a rat. Planted in public's mind: James T. Hodgkinson, (Disease-cancer), 66 son of (Devil, evil)......

and imagining the outpouring of patriotic bipartisanship and unity at the ballgame.

Ryan: 'An attack on one of us is an attack on all of us'

Lawmakers plan to go ahead Thursday night with the annual Congressional Baseball Game, a charity event held at Nationals Park.

"We will use this occasion as one that brings us together,"
Pelosi said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/33777 ... -all-of-us

After all, what can be more all-American than apple pie and

though, on second thought, this is more fitting

The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby PufPuf93 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:57 pm

stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:32 pm wrote:"Has the whole world gone CRAZY?!"

Just noticed the resemblance.

Bowling for Columbine becomes baseball for Alexandria.
PufPuf93

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:50 am

something is rotten in Hodgknson's "liberalism"

but this whole thing happened just hours before the news that trump was under investigation for OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE

sorry Grizzly this subject does have a trump aspect to it and I have every right to point that out...trump has no better friend than Steve Scalise ...there's your dialogue

EXTREME
Congressional Shooter Loved Bernie, Hated ‘Racist’ Republicans, and Beat His Daughter

James Hodgkinson’s first foster daughter committed suicide by lighting herself on fire, and he beat his second foster daughter. Three months ago he took ‘target practice’ at home.

BRANDY ZADROZNY
KELLY WEILL
KATIE ZAVADSKI
EMMA KERR
06.14.17 4:55 PM ET
The gunman who attacked members of Congress on Wednesday morning, wounding a GOP leader, had a long history of domestic violence that included the use of a gun and hated Republicans.
James T. Hodgkinson, 66, of Belleville, Illinois, opened fire on a congressional baseball practice outside of Washington, D.C., a senior law-enforcement official told The Daily Beast. Hodgkinson was killed by police.

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, two Capitol Police officers, and congressional staffers were wounded. They are all expected to survive, according to police.

Hodgkinson may have practiced before the attack, a neighbor told The Daily Beast.

On March 24, neighbor William Schaumleffel called the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office to complain that Hodgkinson had fired approximately 15 shots outside. A responding officer found Hodgkinson shooting into nearby trees and advised him to stop, according to a sheriff’s report, which added that Hodgkinson had a valid firearm license.
“I thought, my God, what is that guy shooting?” Schaumleffel recalled.
He told The Daily Beast that he was out in his backyard with his grandchildren when the shooting started. He heard one shot, then another, and then three in rapid succession.
Hodgkinson held the gun to his shoulder and fired across Schaumleffel’s field, he said. Schaumleffel said he yelled to him to say that there were houses in that direction and that he should stop, but wasn’t sure if he heard him.
The shooting started again, in what Schaumleffel now calls “target practice.”
“I told my wife, ‘hey, I’m gonna call the sheriff. He’s liable to turn the gun on us,’” Schaumleffel said.
Schaumleffel said he had never met Hodgkinson, and said that almost everyone in the neighborhood owned a gun. But no one starts shooting randomly, into the distance, like Hodgkinson did.

“He was being very reckless that day,” Schaumleffel said.
Shortly after the incident, Hodgkinson reportedly left Illinois and was living in Virginia

A brutal foster father

Hodgkinson had a history of violence that did not rise to the level to prohibit him from legally owning a firearm.
He was the foster father of at least two girls. The first, Wanda Ashley Stock, 17, committed suicide in 1996 by pouring gasoline on herself and setting herself on fire after a few months of living with the Hodgkinsons, the Belleville News-Democrat reports. The Hodgkinsons gave an interview to the paper after her suicide, calling her a “very practical, level-headed girl.”
Privacy laws do not allow the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services to release foster records.
In 2002, Hodgkinson became the foster father of another girl whom he allegedly abused, according to police records.
In 2006, he was arrested for domestic battery and discharge of a firearm after he stormed into a neighbor’s home where his teenage foster daughter was visiting with a friend. In a skirmish, he punched his foster daughter’s then 19-year-old friend Aimee Moreland “in the face with a closed fist,” according to a police report reviewed by The Daily Beast. When Moreland’s boyfriend walked outside of the residence where Moreland and Hodgkinson’s foster daughter were, he allegedly aimed a shotgun at the boyfriend and later fired one round. The Hodgkinsons later lost custody of that foster daughter.
“[Hodgkinson] fired a couple of warning shots and then hit my boyfriend with the butt of the gun,” Moreland told The Daily Beast on Wednesday.
Hodgkinson was also “observed throwing” his daughter “around the bedroom,” the police report said. After the girl broke free, Hodgkinson followed and “started hitting her arms, pulling her hair, and started grabbing her off the bed.”
Moreland said Hodgkinson’s daughter “told me a lot of stories that he was really awful to her.”
“According to his foster daughter, he was always angry,” Moreland said. “She was really unhappy there. She had come over to get away from them.”
When Moreland tried escaping with Hodgkinson’s daughter in a vehicle, Hodgkinson reached inside and “turned off the ignition,” the report said.
“We were panicked and when I tried to reverse, I hit neutral instead and he opened my car door and hit me, and then came to her car door and pulled out a knife and cut her seatbelt and dragged her out,” Moreland said. “She was only 15 or 16, I think. She was so tiny.”

ST. CLAIR COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
“Do I think he’s capable of [the shooting]?” Moreland said. “Definitely.
“It sounds really awful, but I’m not surprised,” she said. “Every interaction I’ve had I’ve thought, ‘that guy’s crazy.’”
At court, Hodgkinson was no less angry. Moreland said that at an initial court appearance, Hodgkinson had to be removed from the courtroom after a series of eruptions.
“Every time the judge would talk to me, he would have an outburst and start screaming,” Moreland said.
The charges were dismissed, Moreland said, after she got her dates “mixed up” and failed to appear on time for a second court date.
“I tried to tell the court that this guy’s crazy, that this is a big deal, but they didn’t listen to me,” she said.
A Daily Beast reporter tracked down Judge Brian Babka, who presided over the April 2006 charges, at his home in a quiet middle-class subdivision of Belleville. The reporter heard him tell his wife to say that he was not available. The judge would not come to the door to answer questions about why the case was dismissed.
Angry at home, irate online

In June 2006, police were dispatched to Hodgkinson’s home in response to a domestic dispute that began when Hodgkinson allegedly hit a woman’s dog while it slept in her driveway, according to a sheriff’s report.
Hodgkinson also repeatedly called the police to report people on his lawn. In February 2005, he called police to claim juveniles had driven drunk on his property; although there was no damage, he requested extra patrols in the area. In August 2006, he called police to report a vehicle doing a donut in his yard overnight. In January 2007, he called the police after his neighbors’ trash company allegedly turned around on his driveway. In February 2007, he called police to report a car driving on his lawn.
Politically, Hodgkinson was also angry at Republicans, as expressed in letters to the Belleville News-Democrat newspaper.
“I don’t ever again want to hear how great a president [Ronald Reagan] was,” he wrote in March 2010. “All he did was give tax breaks to the rich and put the rest of the country (or at least 13.1 percent) out of work.
“To think the Republican Party can call this man their idol is un-American,” he added. “It’s all about the money.”
The year before, he suggested in a letter to the editor that legalizing or decriminalizing marijuana would be a way to “stimulate the economy.”
“Also to fund the government deficit I hope the Obama administration raises the income tax rate for the rich to 70 percent or more,” he wrote.
On social media, Hodgkinson presented himself as a Sanders supporter and a longtime critic of Republicans, particularly Trump. (Sanders said in a statement that Hodgkinson had volunteered on his campaign.)
Hodgkinson’s Facebook profile was linked to his listed telephone number.

“Trump is a Traitor,” Hodgkinson wrote in a May 22 Facebook post above a Change.org petition to remove Trump and Vice President Mike Pence for treason. “Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”

On Facebook, he was a member of groups including “Terminate the Republican Party,” “The Road To Hell Is Paved With Republicans,” “Donald Trump is not my President,” and “Memic Overlords.” He recently became particularly vocal, posting anti-Trump messages multiple times a day over two Facebook accounts. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports he attacked Republican congressional candidate Karen Handle, writing on Facebook: “Republican Bitch Wants People to Work for Slave Wages, when a Livable Wage is the Only Way to Go!”
Hodgkinson’s brother told The New York Times he was distraught by Trump’s victory. “I know he wasn’t happy with the way things were going, the election results and stuff,” Michael Hodgkinson said.
Hodgkinson’s Facebook account is vocal in support of Sanders, who lost the Democratic presidential nomination last year. On Twitter, Hodgkinson has tweeted at Sanders as early as 2014. Many of his friends are also Sanders supporters, according to social media.

On a mission?

Neighbor Aaron Meurer told The Daily Beast he lived next to Hodgkinson and his wife for about six years.
“I knew he wasn’t very happy when Trump got elected,” he said, adding that Hodgkinson had a Sanders sign in his yard during the election.
But he hadn’t seen Hodgkinson lately, estimating it had been a few weeks to a couple of months, Meurer said.
“I thought maybe he retired and went on a trip,” he said. “I know he bought a new van. He always drove a truck and then he all the sudden had a van one day.”
And while Meurer never saw Hodgkinson with a gun, he said he wouldn’t be surprised if he had owned one.
“I assume he had guns,” he said. “We live out in a rural area—everybody has guns out here.”
Hodgkinson reportedly left Illinois several weeks ago and was living in Alexandria prior to the attack. Former Alexandria mayor Bill Euille told The Washington Post that he had spoken with Hodgkinson every morning for the past month and a half at a local YMCA. Euille said he frequently observed Hodgkinson showering or working on his laptop at the gym.
Hodgkinson was unemployed and appeared to be living out of his gym bag. “What I did notice about this gentleman is he’d open up his gym bag and in it, he had everything he owned,” Euille told the Post. “He was living out of the gym bag.”
—with additional reporting by P. Richelle White in Belleville, Illinois, and Patricia Murphy in Atlanta, Georgia

http://www.thedailybeast.com/congressio ... epublicans
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby 82_28 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:39 pm

She made almost $4K in 2 hours selling Hillary targets

A North Carolina woman raked in nearly four grand on Thursday selling “Killary Rotten Clinton” targets at a rally for Donald Trump, according to reports.

The 26-year-old woman named Ariel exercised an entrepreneurial spirit last week by making targets showing a picture of Hillary Clinton’s face on a bullseye, complete with the caption: “Chipping away your gun rights since 1993. Killary Rotten Clinton.”

But not all were fans of the targets. After a local reporter circulated a photo of Ariel showing off her homemade goods, many on Twitter took to criticizing the imagery.

Despite the backlash Ariel received on social media, the Hillary targets were apparently a hit. In fact, she sold 1,500 in about two hours, and at the cool price of just two for $5, Ariel racked in a sweet $3,750.

Anti-gun advocates have been sensitive about Clinton targets and off-hand remarks during this election cycle. Last week, Sen. Richard Burr, of North Carolina, was forced to apologize about a joke he made at a private fundraiser about putting a bull’s eye on Clinton.

http://www.guns.com/2016/11/07/she-made ... y-targets/
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Grizzly » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:20 pm

sorry Grizzly this subject does have a trump aspect to it and I have every right to point that out...trump has no better friend than Steve Scalise ...there's your dialogue

Post what you want slad, I'm sorry I said anything... And since I've been here ( which is a lot longer than my avatar indicates) I've never blocked anyone. And don't intend to start now. I appreciate the vast majority of your posts and more times than not, your contributions...

back on topic, seems the war at home, 'gladio', 'strategy of tension', works every time...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:07 pm

let's be friends Griz.....

I do find it odd that I posted non stop about georgie bush for over 8 years here and at 3 other places and I do not remember one time someone complaining I was posting too much about him...what do you think the difference is now with the trump stuff?

not counting the fact georgie didn't owe a ton of money to Russian mobsters :P
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby km artlu » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:17 pm

That's a thought-provoking question slad.

The answer which immediately came to my mind is that it could be because of this: Attacking or defending Trump places a person on one or the other side of an imposed social-engineering equation. One that has been designed to dramatically fracture the citizenry.

The title of a Leonard Cohen poetry collection also comes to mind, "The Energy of Slaves".
km artlu

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm

so a guy who was installed by the Supremes was not part of an imposed social-engineering equation?

a guy that start a war in Afghanistan that is still going on?

a guy that started a war in Iraq that is still going on?

dramatically fracture the citizenry...you think that just started a year ago?

oh yea and then there was that whole 9/11 thingy
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:58 pm

km artlu » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:17 pm wrote:That's a thought-provoking question slad.

The answer which immediately came to my mind is that it could be because of this: Attacking or defending Trump places a person on one or the other side of an imposed social-engineering equation. One that has been designed to dramatically fracture the citizenry.

The title of a Leonard Cohen poetry collection also comes to mind, "The Energy of Slaves".

Yes. But the differences are legion. One big difference is that GWBush ended his second and last term nearly nine (in figures:9) years ago, in 2008, and that he was succeeded for eight years (2008-early 2017) by a smirking adman who claimed whose PR company claimed that he embodied Hope and would produce non-trivial Change, The difference is that we have had nearly seventeen years since Bush's "victory" to consider the quality of US democracy, the significance of the elected figurehead, the growing power of the corporate media, their beholdeness to the powerful, and the likelihood that a Congressional investigation will either take place or produce any significant improvement if it does.

Another difference is that Bush's foreign business ties were never of any interest to the corporate media (why have they changed their tune now?) and that the designated enemy back then was Al (you can call him Al) Qaeda aka The Omnipotent Arab, rather than Vlad "Igor" Putin aka the Hacker God, the scawiest Red Menace since Lee Harvey Oswald.

The difference, in short, is that everything has gotten very much worse, that half the world's wealth is now in a few hundred hands, that the corporate media have an easier time deranging their entranced viewers than ever, that most US "liberals" are now completely deranged, and that stupidity is even more rife than it was back in the halcyon days of November 2000.

Mission Accomplished.

Congress must investiga.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Jerky » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:36 pm

In the wake of Wednesday's shooting/wounding of the White Nationalist-courting, NRA-funded Congressman Steve Scalise (R-Louisiana) and three others by a Trump and Hillary-hating Bernie Bro during a charity baseball game practice, a friend of mine took to Facebook and wrote:

I wouldn't have believed what I read about wingnuts blaming this morning's shooting on "the left" if I did not have wingnut friends who are actually blaming this morning's shooting on the left. There is no polite way to describe their fanaticism.

Unfortunately, he was 100% correct.

And it wasn't just thoughtless partisans reflexively spilling their ahistorical nonsense across the seething digital wastes of social media, either. The Big Boys got in on the act, as well.

Across the entire vast right-wing propaganda machine--all the way from FOX News, down through the talk radio ecosystem that is now well over 90% Far Right reactionary, through all the various right-wing and alt-right fake news sites like Breitbart and InfoWars and WorldNetDaily and TheBlaze and Daily Caller and on and on, ad infinitum, to the growing cottage industry of profiteering Youtube alt-right Patreon panhandlers sucking up as much anti-SJW loot as they can from people willing to pay good money to be told exactly what they want to hear--the refrain rang loud and clear: "The Democrats and leftists have taken things TOO FAR!

I shouldn't have to do this, because for fuck's sake, I assume most of you reading this are thinking people with functioning brains and at least some semblance of a working memory and basic analytic skills... but for anyone out there who might actually be stupid enough to think that "the left" or "Democrats" are the ones playing with rhetorical fire and courting extremists in the USA... well, here's what the FBI has to say about that.

I still have yet to see a single, solitary instance of this alleged "extreme rhetoric" that the Democrats have allegedly been engaging in. No. The home of true, violent extremism in America is almost entirely on the right. But the usual suspects, never ones to let facts get in the way of a good bullet point or anecdotal proof, are all het up over this one little incident, in which nobody but the shooter even fucking died.

Listen up, buttercups... an average of ONE HUNDRED PEOPLE are gunned down in cold blood in the United States of America, each and every goddamn day. Shot DEAD. But now, because Republicans got targeted this one fucking time... OH MY GOD! The RHETORIC!!!

The really galling part is that this is coming from a cohort that fancies themselves "free speech absolutists", the very same people who poo-poo anyone who mentions that maybe the Republicans--with their increasingly unhinged and violent fan base and their blatantly White Nationalist "senior advisors" and their fucking Nuremberg style rallies where they demonize the media (while simultaneously pointing them out in the crowd), encourage chants of "Lock her up!" and worse, shriek "Go ahead and sucker punch that black bitch... I'll cover your legal bill!"--might want to tone that shit down.

By the way, if I were Steve Scalise right now, the person I'd be most afraid of in the world isn't the next Democrat, liberal, or even Bernie fan that he meets... it's Donald J. Trump. Because a wounded man doesn't make for even half as good a propaganda prop as a dead man, and deep down, I'm sure Scalise knows a) that Trump understands this instinctively, and b) that Trump would gladly sacrifice his life for far, far less than his death would be worth to him at this point.
Jerky

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:52 pm

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby KUAN » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:35 pm

North Korea indeed. Holy sycophant....
KUAN

Previous

Return to General Discussion