This is not Psyops This is REAL trump Care/Cruelty

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

This is not Psyops This is REAL trump Care/Cruelty

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:19 pm

These are real people

This is cold blooded cruel

This is trump/McConnell Cruelty

WATCH: ‘Blood on the floor’ as Capitol police drag Trumpcare protesters from outside McConnell’s office
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/watch- ... ls-office/
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: This is not Psyops This is REAL

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:19 pm

This is an important topic SLAD, so thanks for posting.

Would you be opposed to altering the title to something more descriptive of the event itself?
I suggest this because it could be relevant for clicks, engagement, and any future searches of RI, along with my own preferences for managing thread titles.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: This is not Psyops This is REAL trump Care

Postby Cordelia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:21 pm

^^^
Agree w/all of above post.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Re: This is not Psyops This is REAL trump Care/Cruelty

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Nice, slad. New title is great!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby norton ash » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:11 pm

A hand in the face before the boot. Fuck you cowardly assholes.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:59 pm

It’s ‘Not a Health Care Bill, It’s a Massive Transfer of Wealth’

This is trump's campaign promise

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Cordelia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:08 pm

A large group of handicapped people could pose a safety risk :roll:. Capitol Hill Police needed to assess their wheelchairs for potential vehicular assaults on Members of Congress. They're probably lucky they weren't shot.

(Miriam Carey, not so lucky.)

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby DrEvil » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:39 am

From a purely utilitarian viewpoint you could argue that killing all the republicans (and a good chunk of the democrats) would be for the greater good. It would save lives in the long run.

I'm not really advocating that because I'm not a psychopath or a republican (pretty much the same thing by now), but god damn it's tempting.

I do hope that as many republican voters as possible lose their coverage though. They can pray the pain away the dumb fuckers.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby liminalOyster » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:58 am

seemslikeadream » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:59 pm wrote:It’s ‘Not a Health Care Bill, It’s a Massive Transfer of Wealth’

This is trump's campaign promise

Wow. That is an extremely powerful photo.

I don't understand your title though - are there people (bloggers, pundits, etc) claiming this is a fake "psy-op?" I'm alot more concerned about Trump care and the real people in these photos and videos than I am semantics. But I do wonder - this is kind of a psy-op, no? In a powerful way that I support. But isn't this still a form of theatre enacted to shape or influence consensus reality? New meaning to Theater of Cruelty perhaps.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:30 am

This is not Psyops

(a military operation performed by a unit specializing in psychological warfare)

That's the definition..that's what it means

I used that word with it's definition in mind purposely as a protest for the use of that word for EVERYTHING that is happening right now ...the over use of that word is insane and stupid. It diminishes real problems and real people.

Those people were not part of a military/government operation

It is not something new to the disabled community

This year marks the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and to commemorate the dedication of those involved in making this legislation a reality, the Denver Public Library's Western History/Genealogy department is currently processing a collection (Wade and Molly Blank Papers, WH2283) that intimately details the history and turmoil of the disability rights movement. Some of the foundational protests that ignited the movement took place on July 5-6, 1978, just around the corner from the Denver Public Library at Colfax and Broadway. Men and women of the Atlantis community, known as “The Gang of 19,” threw themselves in front of buses in an attempt to convey their disenfranchisement. This group blocked the intersection all day and night, chanting their mantra, “We will ride!” until representatives of the Regional Transportation District (RTD) were willing to talk about the absence of wheelchair-accessible buses. It was this initial protest that brought public light to the many other kinds of discrimination and abuse faced by the disabled community.
https://history.denverlibrary.org/news/ ... t-denver-0
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby liminalOyster » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:46 am

seemslikeadream » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:30 pm wrote:This is not Psyops

(a military operation performed by a unit specializing in psychological warfare)

That's the definition..that's what it means

I used that word with it's definition in mind purposely as a protest for the use of that word for EVERYTHING that is happening right now ...the over use of that word is insane and stupid. It diminishes real problems and real people.

Those people were not part of a military/government operation

Thanks, SLAD. We're certainly in agreement about the inanity of that concept's glib proliferation. I was just noting there is the sort of anarchist/autonomist tradition of appropriating military strategy for counter-purposes (ie the Occult Assault on Institutions, James Scott sort of, Situationist stuff.) I wonder about the potential of counter psy-ops given that the broader progressive "resistance" doesn't incorporate alot of my own concerns.
liminalOyster

Postby Cordelia » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Why Disability Rights Activists Stormed Mitch McConnell's Office

ADAPT, a national disability rights organization, organized a protest to fight back on the health care bill

As Senate Republicans rolled out the Better Care Reconciliation Act, their health care reform proposal, on Thursday, the halls outside the office of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell were starting to get a little crowded. Sixty disability rights activists from grassroots group ADAPT, many of whom were using wheelchairs, staged a "die-in" to protest steep Medicaid cuts in the bill. They were arrested and removed by Capitol Police, with witnesses saying that some protesters were dropped by police officers dragging them from their chairs.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... ce-w489441

This is the Senate Office Building they ‘stormed’,

These are the other Senators who share office space and are also ‘protected’ by the Capitol Hill Police force. Did any of these elected officials or their staff members witness this, protest, try to intercede, stop, offer aid to protest victims or publicly condemn such violations?

Senators with Russell Offices

Name Party State Room

Michael Bennet D Colorado Room 261
Roy Blunt R Missouri Room 260
Richard Burr R North Carolina Room 217
Shelley Moore Capito R West Virginia Room 172
Bob Casey, Jr. D Pennsylvania Room 393
Todd Young R Indiana Room B33
Chris Coons D Delaware Room 127A
Tom Cotton R Arkansas Room B33
Ted Cruz R Texas Room 404
Mike Enzi R Wyoming Room 379A
Deb Fischer R Nebraska Room 454
Jeff Flake R Arizona Room B85
Kirsten Gillibrand D New York Room 478
Lindsey Graham R South Carolina Room 290
John Hoeven R North Dakota Room 338
James Inhofe R Oklahoma Room 205
Johnny Isakson R Georgia Room 131
Ron Johnson R Wisconsin Room 386
Tim Kaine D Virginia Room 388
Patrick Leahy D Vermont Room 437
Mike Lee R Utah Room 361A
John McCain R Arizona Room 241
Mitch McConnell R Kentucky Room 317
Patty Murray D Washington Room 154
Rand Paul R Kentucky Room 167
Rob Portman R Ohio Room 448
Jim Risch R Idaho Room 483
Marco Rubio R Florida Room 284
Ben Sasse R Nebraska Room 386A
Richard Shelby R Alabama Room 304
Pat Toomey R Pennsylvania Room 248
Mark Warner D Virginia Room 475

Their Hallowed Halls

Cordelia

Postby liminalOyster » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:53 pm

I had an interesting and unexpected conversation last night with the sister of a lifetime disabled person who (despite obviously supporting the action) wasnt so upset by the police conduct but saw it in terms of asserting ones right to be perfectly well able to do civil disobedience. Totally challenged some biases I did not even know I carried. Seems like a big part of this event had to do with Capitol Police being so unfamiliar with disabled bodies.
liminalOyster

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:13 pm

It won't be long before folk with a warranted right to protest for being harmed by policy will be charged with felonious rioting and terrorism.

Shamed from office he should be, that awful man, McConnell, right along with all his corporate ass-kissing billionaire enriching cohorts.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Cordelia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:36 pm

liminalOyster » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:53 pm wrote:I had an interesting and unexpected conversation last night with the sister of a lifetime disabled person who (despite obviously supporting the action) wasnt so upset by the police conduct but saw it in terms of asserting ones right to be perfectly well able to do civil disobedience. Totally challenged some biases I did not even know I carried. Seems like a big part of this event had to do with Capitol Police being so unfamiliar with disabled bodies.

Good point, and, if true, a completely unacceptable lack of training, esp. in an ‘elite’ force like CHP (after all, what if they need to assist a disabled or octogenarian member of Congress?) Along with dealing with the mentally disabled--this happened amid another tragic & unnecessary killing in Seattle last week-- all police training and re-training should include instruction on how to “handle’ those who are physically disabled.

Cordelia

Next

Return to General Discussion