"America's New War: Part 2017"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: "America's New War: Part 2017"

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:52 pm

Anyone who's read the transcript of Trumps telephone call to Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto an/or his call to Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull clearly knows how very insane Trump is. They certainly do.

( Please read, if you haven't: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/politics/australia-mexico-transcripts )

He'll serve his first term, but the party will back another, younger candidate to run against him, while at least one faction of his supporters will ride the dying horse to his death.

Barring his death, or some severe mental disability, he won't be replaced. The party needs to demonstrate their 'unity' (Ha!) to keep the viewers of the West Wing reality show engaged. They don't want anyone to know the General's really the one in charge.

We need only pay attention to the legislation & executive orders Trump signs and the damage being done in the agencies headed by his cabinet cronies. And we need to pay attention to the Generals. Trump is the clown we're not supposed to take our eyes off while the real magic occurs unnoticed.

Regardless of party, and the persona of whoever's occupying the Oval Office, the game will continue, with slight adjustments along the way, just as it has forever.
Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:57 pm

First of all, excellent piece! Enjoyable reading and very thought provoking.

How to prepare for the New War? Expect the unexpected. This sentence stood out to me:

The present regime (and the presidential campaign that preceded it) has done better and more consistent work in preparing them to sacrifice for a war with Mexico than for one with Iran.

Considering how Trump publicly lashed out at MS-13 recently, it wouldn't surprise me if after Trumpstag happens, suddenly his PR acolytes like Conway or even Gingrich will talk about operational alliances between MS-13 (or whatever group of Mexicans Trump wants to demonize) and ISIS, or even make up some story about how they're secretly funded by North Korea, if that's where Trump is directed to focus his temper.

I don't think he'll go after Iran. (I'm sure Putin has told Trump not to even consider it.) That will be after The New War is wrapping up PR wise. By that time, Trump will be heading for a golden parachute from his dumpy White House chores and President Pence will be spearheading the drumbeat to Tehran - this will be the Real New War.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:52 pm

JackRiddler » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:38 am wrote:North Korea and Venezuela are also among the possible targets; perhaps two or more fronts will be opened simultaneously.

Behold, the prophet speaks!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby SonicG » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:36 pm

Reporter: Are we going to go to war? Trump: I think you know the answer to that.

'We will see what happens. We think that lots of good things could happen or we could also have a bad solution,' Trump said.
Asked by a reporter what that could mean, or whether that could be war, Trump responded: 'I think you know the answer to that,' without elaboration.
Trump said he was the victim of a double-standard when it comes to his rhetoric – following his explosive comment that North Korea would face 'fire and fury' if it threatened the U.S.
'If somebody else uttered the exact same words that I uttered, they’d say, "What a great statement, what a wonderful statement,"' Trump said.
He didn't take issue with German Chancellor Angela Merkel when asked about her statement that there wasn't a military solution.
'I think maybe she’s speaking for Germany. Let her speak for Germany, she’s a friend of mine,' Trump said. 'She’s a friend of Ivanka,' Trump said, referencing his daughter, who was there, and who was seated at a White House event with Merkel earlier this year.
Trump tweeted a statement from U.S. Pacific Command that the B-1B Lancers stationed at Guam are 'ready to fulfill USFK's Fight Tonight mission'. USFK is the United States Forces in Korea, part of Pacific Command.
It is the first explicit statement that the B-1Bs, which are capable of carrying thermonuclear-tipped cruise missiles, are part of the U.S. forces in Korea - and therefore explicitly tasked with preparing to attack Kim Jong-Un's regime.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4pVLn3bpc
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to General Discussion