More right wing fascism from the pinko Russian communist

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: More right wing fascism from the pinko Russian communist

Postby barracuda » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Lemme get this straight: an Alt-Minder slaps an incendiary title on completely benign content that everyone here agrees with and then scuttles back over to their private forum to see if coffin dodger and the rest of the crew give them a sniggering pat on the head?

Shit's hardcore, yo.

barracuda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:33 pm

Lemme get this straight: an Alt-Minder slaps an incendiary title on completely benign content that everyone here agrees with and then scuttles back over to their private forum to see if coffin dodger and the rest of the crew give them a sniggering pat on the head?

Shit's hardcore, yo.

Seems about right.

BTW, C_D, you can edit or delete comments at RI within 24 hours. It allows people to correct mistakes or remove reactions they may regret or simply think better of.
If it stands longer than that, it can no longer be edited or deleted.
Implemented long ago after certain nefarious individuals went about scrubbing their entire posting histories from RI.
It's the kind of thing easy enough to find out, if you care to ask someone instead of using a Jump-to-Conclusions mat.

Cheers! Enjoy your paranoid RI bashing on the only thread that goes more than 2 pages at your forum that was totally not started to bash RI.

I'd say more, but I keep hearing appeals from the angels of my better nature.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby 82_28 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:25 pm

Shit. That's what the fucked up title was all about?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:36 pm

82, I can't say if that was Harvey's purpose (I would like to give the benefit of the doubt, but the thread title is a pretty clear example of pointless provocation, unless I'm completely missing the point, in which case I am open, as always, to correction).
In any case, C_D's response was unmistakable. Another instance of accusing SLAD of magical mod powers. I hadn't read it until I saw barracuda's post above.
I decline to quote the material directly, as even discussing it seems kind of petty, but my better angels don't always win.
Anyone really interested can go look for themselves with the link to AnOther Place provided elsewhere on this board.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby brekin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:38 pm

82_28 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:25 pm wrote:Shit. That's what the fucked up title was all about?

Yup. We were dun ding, donged, dashed by those dang kids again.

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Couldn't find the original thread where the 24-hour window for post edit/deletion was discussed and implemented, but here is a review from a few years back that hits the main points. Just for the record.

Re: How does one go about removing posts?

postby JackRiddler » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:31 pm
A user who was later banned, marmot, attempted to delete all of his posts manually (by which I mean, one by one), getting rid of several hundred and turning a lot of threads into confusing monologues in which others debate "message deleted."

Until then, all users had unlimited editing privileges on their own posts. After that, the admin switched so that users can only edit their posts for up to 24 hours, to prevent this kind of retroactive historical revision. I fully agree with the purpose of this policy. You can't participate here in a multi-person dialogue and then try to remove your part in it months or years later. That wrongs everyone else who participated.

One thing that frustrates me about it is that we no longer have the ability to correct mistakes or fix up sentences that are incomprehensible, perhaps add material harmlessly (say, to a set of links on a given subject, etc.). I hate it when I discover old posts with typos, confusing prose, etc. Of course, if you're doing this a year later it requires restraint so as not to abuse the privilege, i.e. make yourself look like you were winning a debate, etc. All judgement call.

On the whole, it's better that people can't wipe the slate clean.
mentalgongfu2

Postby brekin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:17 pm

mentalgongfu2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:46 pm wrote:Couldn't find the original thread where the 24-hour window for post edit/deletion was discussed and implemented, but here is a review from a few years back that hits the main points. Just for the record.

postby JackRiddler » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:31 pm
A user who was later banned, marmot, attempted to delete all of his posts manually (by which I mean, one by one), getting rid of several hundred and turning a lot of threads into confusing monologues in which others debate "message deleted."

Until then, all users had unlimited editing privileges on their own posts. After that, the admin switched so that users can only edit their posts for up to 24 hours, to prevent this kind of retroactive historical revision. I fully agree with the purpose of this policy. You can't participate here in a multi-person dialogue and then try to remove your part in it months or years later. That wrongs everyone else who participated.

One thing that frustrates me about it is that we no longer have the ability to correct mistakes or fix up sentences that are incomprehensible, perhaps add material harmlessly (say, to a set of links on a given subject, etc.). I hate it when I discover old posts with typos, confusing prose, etc. Of course, if you're doing this a year later it requires restraint so as not to abuse the privilege, i.e. make yourself look like you were winning a debate, etc. All judgement call.

On the whole, it's better that people can't wipe the slate clean.

Funny, that is not how I recalled it.

postby Satan » Fri Aug 02, 1966 3:31 pm
A certain select coterie of members will function as a stealth star chamber and have the ability to edit, delete and modify members posts after, during, and before they post. This will be accomplished through a combination of pre-cog implants and the bestowing of clairvoyant powers. This will be down to maintain the required "group think". So say we all.

<Classified> Related Image on File: R.I. Sub-Mods in the Pre-Post Pod. <Classified>

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Blue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:30 pm

^^^
SO SAY WE ALL!

:whisper:
Blue

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:20 am

Let's give 'em somethin' to talk about
A little mystery to figure out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQLpRBDrhn8

Ooh, ooh, ooh,
People are talkin', talkin' 'bout people,
I hear them whisper, you won't believe it.
They think we're lovers kept under cover,
I just ignore it but they keep sayin' we...
Laugh just a little too loud,
Stand just a little too close,
We stare just a little too long.
Maybe they're seein', somethin' we don't darlin'.

Something happenin' but you don't know what it is .....
do you Mr.AltMinds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8_aD1b6Uk8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpVCL00fPAc

Chains keep us together (run into the shadows)

Listen to the wind blow, down comes the night
Running in the shadows, damn your love, damn your lies

just for you RI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF-hMABAr74

never break the chain

haters gonna hate.......

let's get this party started :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUptBgyzbyg

I'm comin' up so you better get this party started

Get this party started on a Saturday night
Everybody's waiting for me to arrive
Sendin' out the message to all of my friends

Pumping up the volume, breaking down to the beat
Cruisin' through the west side
We'll be checkin' the scene
Boulevard is freakin' as I'm comin' up fast
I'll be burnin' rubber, you'll be kissin' my ass
Pull up to the bumper, get out of the car
License plate says Stunner #1 Superstar

Get this party started right now

Straight up......hit and run..or are you just having fun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El1kgCqD7Xk

You are so hard to read
You play hide and seek
With your true intentions
If you're only playing games
I'll just have to say--bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye

Are you more than hot for me
Or am I a page in your history-book
:P
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Previous

Return to General Discussion