Is Waving a Swastika Flag Worse than the Hammer and Sickle?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Elvis » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:12 am

Is Marxism outdated as an industrial age form?

(Yet containing ideas for the "information age"?)

WTCMB, hammer & sickle not exactly a great choice of banner. Who's been handing those out?

(rhetorical Q's: What's the next "age"? Can we skip to the Love Age? What happened to the Age of Aquarius? As I remember, it's just starting, but things will get bumpy for awhile.)
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Is Waving a Swastika Flag Worse than the Hammer and Sick

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:59 am

Is Marxism outdated as an industrial age form?

(Yet containing ideas for the "information age"?)

Not completely outdated.
And still containing ideas for the "information age."
Specific relevance of the ideas TBD

Please share your interpretation of how the ideas translate. The world needs it.

Labor is still greater than Capital. The first brings the second.

Capital still cannot exist without labor.
Even in the tech industry, you still need programmers. For now.
They (we) will program them(our)selves out of jobs eventually.

As machines continue to do more labor, this equation will continue to change. And further shrink the realm of human activity that can be more profitably compensated than a machine. Those are the only jobs left. Things a machine CAN do, but not well enough to justify the cost of replacing the humans. Eventually, the machines get better or cheaper, or likely both, and the myth of the middle class dissolves completely as the lines are drawn hard between the classes of the owners and the owned. Do we then wind up like the Reeks and Wrecks in Player Piano? God, I hope not. But I don't yet see the way out. There is no monkeywrench big enough to stop the turning of these gears. But if there were, I would say ot he who wields it: "speak carefully. they are listening. Use it, and say nothing."
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to General Discussion