Dear Mods and coders

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Dear Mods and coders

Postby Grizzly » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:47 am

As things have changed recently with Google and youtube.com censorship can we keep Up? can we add the new bitchute code so as to go around the Alphabet monopoly? They will control the net at some point, can we as a community keep one step ahead of them, please? I understand the work involved in the thankless job, but as a open community it should be considered. Thank you.

Bonus: https://www.bitchute.com/video/DLt0ch13oWc/
Google’s Next Move to Destroy “Wrong Think”
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Dear Mods and coders

Postby 82_28 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:20 am

I read in some thread that you had your uploads to videos purged from youtube recently, Grizzly. That sucks. But this bitchute is basically all neo-nazi, nationalist inspirational videos, arrogant authoritarian exposition, far right sleeper jackals, "men's movement", lunatics speaking in code etc. I guess it is open to "all", however I do not know what that means. I suppose it is good to know where it is though!

So no, let's not have an embed code added here. I'd laugh at it were it not so demonstrably dangerous.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Elvis » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:43 am

eek!
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Heaven Swan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:17 am

bitchute???

Yikes. If RI aligns itself with MRAs I'm out.
"When IT reigns, I’m poor.” Mario
Heaven Swan

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:14 am

Google serving as an actual search engine that reliably indexed a huge portion of the internet was an anomaly, a hiccup.

Remember, we're talking about a defense contractor who were formed to build AGI. We reap the benefits of their machine learning regime -- email, youtube, SERPs -- because we're the training material and we do that for free.

Yet here, as with anywhere else in the macrocosm matrix, here we see the same dialectics at play which muddy the waters of every conspiracy theory we examine here. If Google is EVIL, surely there exists another company which is GOOD, right? Surely something is going to deliver on the Utopian promise of the internet, instead of stripmining all the value from the social capital of others like everyone else, right?

Well, no, nah. The next platform is going to be every bit as shit as the soft totalitarianism you're revolting against. Who else is going to sell you a solution but rival hucksters? Only idiots are idealists in the tech sector, hardcore autism cases like Vitaly from Etherium, building the Goldman Sachs blockchain every day and believing he's freeing humanity from the titans of finance.

The internet is a public pool nobody has had the time or energy to clean since the 1990's.

It's all downhill from here. The reason RI abides as a community is precisely because we haven't moved on with the times.

Like this post on Facebook to unlock bonus content on Tumblr!
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Harvey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:47 pm

Wombat, I'm with you on the general sentiment but you do remember that post you made on the subject of 'aversion therapy' some time ago? How it works to focus us away from subjects TPTB wish us not to examine? (With regard to the general direction of the OP and subsequent responses.)

I do remember. It's a curse (remembering) but I bear it with great resolve. It's why I'm taking the trouble to remind you. (Sorry for insulting you a while back, I remember that too and I'm sorry. There was probably a reason but I won't insist.)

If Google is EVIL, surely there exists another company which is GOOD, right?

In any case, false dichotomies are cheap and do not make for good argument.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Grizzly » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:39 am

That's okay. Google is NSA, youtube.com censorship is okay, Alphabet is okay. Let's just keep using them it's okay. Fuck...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

There is a site called vid.me where one of my favorite Twin Peaks casters is migrating since youtube fucked him. Don't know much about it other than that.

At first glace, bit chute does seem to have a lot of bad company blokes as its main contributors.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby 82_28 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:17 pm

I remember in the olden days you had to know where to go to get the realplayer files hosted on individual servers. That's how I used to watch The Daily Show around the Dubya and on into 9/11 daze. I'm sure most of us did it that way. Shit, I think I "saved" most of them for future use or to show friends when they came over. "Saved" is in quotes because who know where they are now.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:36 pm

Grizzly » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:39 am wrote:That's okay. Google is NSA, youtube.com censorship is okay, Alphabet is okay. Let's just keep using them it's okay. Fuck...

Not understanding your frustration, bud. What is RI going to do against Google? What is going to happen here that would have any effect on the larger internet / tech sector trends?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby DrEvil » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:17 pm

Grizzly » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:39 pm wrote:That's okay. Google is NSA, youtube.com censorship is okay, Alphabet is okay. Let's just keep using them it's okay. Fuck...

Actually Google is Google, Youtube is Google and Alphabet is Google, and most likely your phone is Google.

Everyone is collecting your data. Doesn't matter what websites you use, it gets collected and at best used to target ads, at worst, sold off to the NSA. What the government can't legally collect they illegally collect or just buy from private companies.

And it's not like Google is the worst offender when it comes to sharing data with the NSA, that would be AT&T who have their main trunk lines split off with separate pipes going to the NSA. The same probably applies to the other major ISPs, not to mention that most telecom-grade routers have NSA malware on them.

Your basic assumption should be that no matter what or where you do it, if it's online it's being watched. It doesn't matter what kind of privacy policy a website has if the lines are being tapped.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Joao » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:49 pm

It already exists:

[vimeo] [/vimeo]

Since board administration is understood to be abandoned (aside from enabling realtime access to other members' in-progress drafts + private messages) and mod privileges don't include functionality modifications, Vimeo will have to do.

Regarding "what are we gonna do against google" and "everything is datamined anyway", surely there's still something to be said for boycotting out of principle.
Joao

Postby DrEvil » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:35 pm

^^Yeah, but that would slow down The Singularity. :crybaby
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:45 pm

82_28 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:20 am wrote:I read in some thread that you had your uploads to videos purged from youtube recently, Grizzly. That sucks. But this bitchute is basically all neo-nazi, nationalist inspirational videos, arrogant authoritarian exposition, far right sleeper jackals, "men's movement", lunatics speaking in code etc. I guess it is open to "all", however I do not know what that means. I suppose it is good to know where it is though!

I've been really struck this summer by the fact all my fringe friends are faced with this same basic problem.

That problem being, basically, secure & stable internet hosting. Whether it's video streaming or social networking or just private chat functions, everyone is concerned with opsec. And they f'ing should be. Nobody on Silicon Valley is your friend. Reporters are not your friends. Even the very protocols we communicate with have been compromised, but covert surveillance is less troubling than outright censorship.

So whether Atlanta Antifa or American Vanguard want to organize, both sides are faced with the same dilemmas as any respectable Flat Earth discussion group, is ISGP-style research cell. And everyone out here on the fringes is very uncomfortable with the company we keep. None of us is that kind of conspiracy theorist here, just like "Anarchist" or "Christian" sort of...have to be qualified.

Every cartel in Mexico wants secure comms. Using TOR puts you adjacent to pedophiles & terrorists. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear -- and if you have nothing to hide in 2017, that means the contents of your skull are completely unobjectionable to anyone. A rare feat.

Once a real alternative to Facebook / Twitter / Youtube exists, one of the ways we'll be able to recognize it will be the heavy, sustained presence of neo-nazis, far right sleeper jackals, MRA jihadis, lunatics speaking in Python, and, perhaps worst of all, Libertarians. Just because you don't like the company doesn't mean that tech doesn't work.

My concern with BitChute in particular is that tech companies run on money, not software, and white knighting for Total Free Speech in 2017 is just going to make them a target in an ongoing culture war they lack the resources or experience to survive.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby brekin » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:09 pm

Please use this boilerplate for future use:

Dear Mod(s),

Please make the world safe for me.
And to my liking.
A.S.A.P.

Sincerely,

Most earnest and deserving user
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Next

Return to General Discussion