Any symbolists in the house? magic circles, etc- photos

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Any symbolists in the house? magic circles, etc- photos

Postby 2012 Countdown » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:57 am

Hello all,
So I was looking at a neat old house to maybe restore and came upon this.
It was a great old house at one point, but its too far gone. Anyway, anyone want to analize this diagram.
I thought maybe someone here might be able to tell me just what the hell went on in there...

George Carlin ~ "Its called 'The American Dream', because you have to be asleep to believe it."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q
2012 Countdown

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Any symbolists in the house? magic circles, etc- photos

Postby Cordelia » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:51 pm

Interesting.(Use symbols a lot in art, but not a 'symbolist.')

In the pictures, letter ‘t’ ('Lust'?) appears as upside down or meant to be inverted crosses?

11th photo down: ‘Leviathan’?

From Wikipedia:

Leviathan (/lɪˈvaɪ.əθən/; Hebrew: לִוְיָתָן, Modern Livyatan, Tiberian Liwyāṯān) is a sea monster referenced in the Hebrew Bible in the Book of Job, Psalms, and Isaiah.

The Leviathan of the Book of Job is a reflection of the older Canaanite Lotan, a primeval monster defeated by the god Hadad. Parallels to the role of Mesopotamian Tiamat defeated by Marduk have long been drawn in comparative mythology, as have been wider comparisons to dragon and world serpent narratives such as Indra slaying Vrtra or Thor slaying Jörmungandr,[1] but Leviathan already figures in the Hebrew Bible as a metaphor for a powerful enemy, notably Babylon (Isaiah 27:1), and some scholars have pragmatically interpreted it as referring to large aquatic creatures, such as the crocodile.[2] The word later came to be used as a term for "great whale" as well as of sea monsters in general.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan

(Don't think I'd want to live there, even after restoration.)
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby 2012 Countdown » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:59 pm

Yes, I too thought the 't' in lust was intentionally done that way for reason as well. I see the four triangle symbols for earth air fire water... mercury symbol on the floor at a point on star... the Leviathan cross:

The Leviathan Cross

The Leviathan Cross is sometimes referred to the cross of Satan, which means the "Satans Cross". Depicted on the bottom is an infinity sign (∞), and above is a double cross (‡). The Double cross symbolizes protection and balance between persons. The infinity sign underlines the constant and infinite nature and most likely symbolizes the eternal universe, this may have been used by Anton LaVey in The Satanic Bible to as a mockery of the cross, to show that humans are their own centrum of balance, and truth. This is what the ideology of Anton LaVey and the followers of the Church of Satan believe, and this is what this symbol represents in this association.
An upside-down crucifix, however, is not a symbol of Satanism. That would be referred to as "The Cross of St. Peter" since, according to Origin of Alexandria, Simon Peter was crucified upside down.

In Alchemy, the Leviathan's cross is a symbol for sulfur, which is one the three essential elements of nature.

In Asia, its name is the Brimstone Symbol.

The association with the Leviathan makes it a symbol of depth and surfacing. The multiple crossroads of two crosses can be interpreted as a sign of free choice, it can also be seen as a stroke-through "equal-to" (=) to show that every person has their own life.

Sulfur (“Leviathan Cross”) A symbol for the alchemical element Sulfur, (Brimstone) which is spiritually analogous to the human soul. Alchemically, sulfur has the qualities of masculine, hot and dry. Combined with Mercury (feminine, cool and moist), the pair were considered the parents of all metals.

Alchemical drawings often portray Sulfur as the sun. (In some views, sulfur and salt are the parents of Mercury) The symbol of sulfur is often used as an identifying symbol by Satanists, due to sulfur’s historical asociation with the devil.

This glyph is often referred to incorrectly as the “pontifical cross of Satan” by Christian tract writers, due to its adoption as an emblem of Satanism by Anton LaVey in the 1960s. The emblem has no history as a symbol of Satanism outside of LaVey’s usage, and the attribution is most likely a product of anti-Catholic sentiment, as it is often compared in this context to the Catholic Pontifical Cross. A more common symbol for sulfur is a fire triangle surmounting a cross of earth.

Origins
The Leviathan Cross was created by The Knights Templar. The symbol was then adopted by Anton LaVey, founder of the Church of Satan. Previous associations with the cross and Satanic foundations are unable to be identified.

http://symbolism.wikia.com/wiki/The_Leviathan_Cross
George Carlin ~ "Its called 'The American Dream', because you have to be asleep to believe it."
2012 Countdown

Postby semper occultus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:55 am

the "t" in Leviathan is an inverted cross aswell

interesting pics I must say - probably a gang of teens - but then again gangs of teens can do some seriously horrible shit - what was the house's situation - isolated on its own plot or close by its neighbours ? they'd be likely to have some sort of a clue as to what might have been occuring

appreciate you posting them up for our delectation
semper occultus

Postby Elvis » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:03 am

Hey 2012 Countdown, great seeing you.

I would have second thoughts about sleeping in that house. Do some kind of 'cleansing' seriously. :shock:
Maybe I've seen too many scary movies.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Cordelia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:59 am

Do you know any of the building's history or ownership? Maybe the symbols and writing are the parting words from a foreclosed and pissed off meteorologist/occultist/calligrapher about to be evicted? Someone channeling their personal runes? Artistic squatters in an abandoned building?

2012 Countdown » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:57 pm wrote:Hello all,
So I was looking at a neat old house to maybe restore and came upon this.
It was a great old house at one point, but its too far gone. Anyway, anyone want to analize this diagram.
I thought maybe someone here might be able to tell me just what the hell went on in there...

Regardless of the graffiti, falling insulation, etc....it'd be a shame if it can’t be saved before the wrecking ball. Or maybe not. :shrug: Who knows what’s covered up by paint/drywall/wallpaper in any old house?

Elvis » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:03 am wrote:Hey 2012 Countdown, great seeing you.

I would have second thoughts about sleeping in that house. Do some kind of 'cleansing' seriously. :shock:
Maybe I've seen too many scary movies.

Maybe whoever scrawled on the walls and floors did too. (First season of 'True Detective' for me; I now mostly stay away from scary movies.)
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby 2012 Countdown » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:11 pm

semper occultus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:55 am wrote:the "t" in Leviathan is an inverted cross aswell

interesting pics I must say - probably a gang of teens - but then again gangs of teens can do some seriously horrible shit - what was the house's situation - isolated on its own plot or close by its neighbours ? they'd be likely to have some sort of a clue as to what might have been occuring

appreciate you posting them up for our delectation

It is in an 'iffy' area, despite lovely surrounding land.Neighbors closest are run down apartments (another strike against)
As I say, its pretty much a psss, but it must have been magnificent in its day.

House listing:

http://www.latterblumclassic.com/map_search/results/1fxa/1/#/?city=Algiers&county=Orleans&list_price_max=250000&per_page=20&type=lnd&type=res&type=con&page=1&latitude_min=29.926718&longitude_min=-90.039169&latitude_max=29.93648&longitude_max=-90.030994&listing=595d3df01204e70001c5e690

2020 Farragut Street
New Orleans/Algiers

Property Description
Unusual opportunity to have a large lot with great trees and a mansion a few miles from downtown. Large rooms and stunning views. About 2700 sq ft upstairs which is the main part of the house. Featuring 3 b3drooms suites. The above ground basement could be developed as part of the house or apartment. There are separate water meters. 1.5 acre lot next door is also for sale separately.

Additional Details
RoofOther ExteriorFrame SewerCityWater PublicLot DescriptionCorner HeatingNone CoolingNone Garage DescriptionOff Street Parking

Price$199,000
MLS#2113022
StatusACTIVE
ConditionPoor
ForeclosureNo
TypeSingle Family Residential
StyleRaised Basement
Age83
Stories2
Bedrooms6
Bathrooms3
Half-baths1
Living Area5,844
ParishOrleans
RegionNew Orleans/Algiers Point (48)
SubdivisionNot A Subdivision
Last edited by 2012 Countdown on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2012 Countdown

Postby 2012 Countdown » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Thank you all for the responses though. I just was not expecting to see all that inside and really wondered what the hell may have happened on that table.

Sex magic maybe?

I saw no blood or bodily fluids old or new. Unlikely any sort or human/animal sacrifice, but maybe so. I have no idea...just thought I'd bounce it off you people to see if anyone might see something that tipped off what went on. I was freaked out when I first saw it, and thought, this might be RI material!

Lots of termite damage in the rear, terra-cotta roof is very nice, but repair would be a budget buster. Prudent thing is to stay away from that.
2012 Countdown

Postby Philos » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:53 pm

Looks like sex magic to me. I wouldnt give it any credence beyond some teenagers or tweens just screwing around. They used spray paint afterall; any decent or sincere occultist would spring for something a little nicer.
Philos

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:48 am

As the net has made pretty much everyone into an armchair artisanal food whiz; why not the same for satanic teenage graffiti in abandoned houses? My first hypothesis is that this is just the contemporary version of a pentagram, a weed leaf and "Satin!" c. 1987 improved due to broadband and more data points.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby semper occultus » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:24 am

it does look quite public-domain level symbology but the graffiti style doesn't necessarily imply nothing serious was going down - I'm thinking of the site associated with the Son of Sam cult & some other similar artefacts

semper occultus

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:38 am

It could just be teenagers being 'cool,' but I wouldn't default to that belief either. Hell - even if it was just teenagers having a lark - symbols DO have power. I would be properly frightened if I came across that place myself.

I don't have any specific symbology knowledge to share, but I would double down on the idea of cleansing, although it sounds like you've decided not to pursue a restoration due to more structural type problems.

I'm not sure a bundle of sage would be enough. Perhaps there is someone in your area, a psychic or otherwise sensitive person with occult knowledge who could help with deciphering your pics, or more if you decided you did want to pursue a renovation. People who know those kinds of things tend to pop up only when you have need, in my experience.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:39 am

Forgot to add the one thing that did surprise me. The phrase "Bless us in darkness" returned only three google results for me and not particularly intriguing ones. This probably means little to nothing but I had assumed at least some Nu black metal lyrics or something.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby 2012 Countdown » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Philos » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:53 pm wrote:Looks like sex magic to me. I wouldnt give it any credence beyond some teenagers or tweens just screwing around. They used spray paint afterall; any decent or sincere occultist would spring for something a little nicer.

I was kinda disappointed in that too, haha
I was thinking, why not charcoal, or feces...hehe

But if you notice, it may have been all spray, but in certain areas its very drippy.
A half covered nozzle, paint collecting and dripping off the fingers? Maybe he/she sprayed their hand for purpose? -or maybe not.

As now look at the photo with the yellow "Leviathan" caption written below, symbol in black. In the center is what I see as a clear hand print/smear. Hands had to be full of paint- at least the left hand. Looks like they had long fingernails too-which would also explain the spattering/dripping as well.

We can also deduce that that side table was exactly where it is now when this was done. (Implying the main table was likely placed there quite intentionally after the symbol making) I'm just saying its a very nice antique table. I suspect it has been defiled though, he
Last edited by 2012 Countdown on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.
2012 Countdown

Postby Burnt Hill » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:44 pm

I wouldn't recommend sage either.
Try a quality primer and an oil based paint.
Apply with intent.
:clown
Burnt Hill

Next

Return to General Discussion