Truck attack New York 01/11/207

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Truck attack New York 01/11/207

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:54 pm

Right, of course, #8 is Trump regime will ride this for all they can get out of it, with precious little from politician and corporate media voices other than assent to new police and surveillance measures and polite squeaking against proposed immigration restrictions.

But was this Trumptag? Is it a radical shift pretext? Don't think so
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby semper occultus » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Blowback and the Manhattan Terror Attack

The latest Manhattan Terror Attack appears to have been conducted by an Uzbek, Sayfullo Saipov, and a worrying proportion of such attacks worldwide are being carried out by Uzbeks, including the ramming attack in Stockholm and the Istanbul airport bombing.

When I was British Ambassador in Uzbekistan I very explicitly warned that the support NATO countries were giving the appallingly repressive Uzbek regime – military, financial and political support – would cause hatred of the West among Uzbeks. I felt so strongly about this I was prepared to give up my career for it, and in Murder in Samarkand (Dirty Diplomacy in the USA) I published a 440 page account of how our policy was fundamentally wrong. It gives me no pleasure whatsoever to be vindicated in this way.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/11/blowback-manhattan-terror-attack/
semper occultus

Postby norton ash » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:16 am

Trump tweets NYC suspect "SHOULD GET DEATH PENALTY"

President Trump took to Twitter Thursday night to address the case against Sayfullo Saipov, the suspect in the NYC terrorist attack:

NYC terrorist was happy as he asked to hang ISIS flag in his hospital room. He killed 8 people, badly injured 12. SHOULD GET DEATH PENALTY!
8:43 PM - 1 Nov 2017 (11:43 EDT)

Why it matters: It is highly unusual for a president to weigh in on, let alone recommend punishment in, an ongoing criminal case. Trump's tweets and comments have already factored into multiple legal cases, most recently in the sentencing of Bowe Bergdahl and the ruling blocking his ban on transgender people serving in the military. History is likely to repeat itself here.

https://www.axios.com/
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:24 am

JackRiddler » 01 Nov 2017 19:38 wrote:.

6. Sorry, I don't know and don't expect to know a definitive truth, but the "official story" once again is totally plausible and seems highly likely, to me. This is not a case with so many moving parts that one could dissect it too easily. I'm the patsy, I guess. Or misandrist, since I expect that sooner or later one in ever few thousand men is going to have an outburst of this kind, usually in harmony with his own individual cultural mode and some aspect of the zeitgeist.

7. Spook connections for the suspect would not surprise me, of course. Ever. But not required..

Well, at least there are many historical precedents for this type of attack occurring without alphabet agency provocation. Still, recent statistics show that some level of alphabet agency encouragement is more likely than 100% below the radar "self-radicalization", at least among "thwarted threats."
stickdog99

Postby stefano » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:15 am

stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm wrote:This attack in New York happened 10/31/2017. Halloween. Just to be technically correct.

Right you are, thanks robert. I can't edit the OP any more though
stefano

Previous

Return to General Discussion