The Media has a misogyny problem

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The Media has a misogyny problem

Postby Rory » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:27 pm

There's so many of these stories flying around right now. Didn't see an appropriate thread - certainly this guys been prolific in his centrist/neolib narrative story telling. Did Russia make him act all rapey? Is MAGA taking a measure of revenge against hollywood/fake news media?

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/ ... obe-244482

Mother Jones magazine’s editor and chief executive acknowledged on Thursday that they investigated Washington bureau chief David Corn for inappropriate workplace behavior three years ago, warning him about touching female staffers and insensitive descriptions of sexual violence, and would now probe the allegations further in light of two emails written by former staffers in 2014 and 2015 and obtained by POLITICO.

One of the emails, written in 2015 by a former staffer outlining concerns she had heard from other women in the Washington office, said Corn, now 58, made “rape jokes,” “regularly gave [several women] unwelcome shoulder rubs and engaged in uninvited touching of their legs, arms, backs, and waists,” and “made inappropriate comments about women’s sexuality and anatomy.” The other email, from 2014, was by a former female staffer who claimed that Corn “came up behind me and put his hands and arms around my body in a way that felt sexual and domineering.”

CEO Monika Bauerlein and editor-in-chief Clara Jeffery said they had not seen these emails, which were shared several years ago between colleagues and union representatives. But the magazine’s leaders acknowledged dealing with allegations of inappropriate touching and comments around the time the emails were written, and said they believe Corn has stopped those behaviors.

Corn, in a statement to POLITICO, said that neither his comments nor his touching of colleagues was in any way sexual.

“I am an exuberant person and have been known to pat male and female colleagues on the shoulder or slap them on the back, but always in a collegial or celebratory way,” he said. “I have never touched any work colleague in a sexual manner. Once concerns were raised about this type of contact, I have been mindful to avoid it to prevent any misperception. If anyone ever perceived any of this as ‘sexual’ or ‘domineering,’ I am sorry—that was never my intent.”

“Sexual violence is not funny, and I have never joked about it, or about women’s sexuality and anatomy,” Corn wrote.
Rory

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Media has a misogyny problem

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:32 pm

the president of the U.S. has a misogyny problem...

did Russia make trump all rapey?

there is a misogyny problem EVERYWHERE

appropriate thread...who can say :shrug:

The War on Women
by seemslikeadream » Sat Mar 03, 2012

There is a great War on Women thread it's only been around for 5 years I can see why you might have missed it ..did you ever post in it? I guess not GTK you finally noticed and it only took Corn to make you sit up :yay

but I do fully understand why you felt the need to start another thread on the subject

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34154

Didn't see an appropriate thread

searching RI gave up a small clue

What constitutes Misogyny?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31392&p=636364&hilit=misogyny#p636364
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby norton ash » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:14 pm

What could be making you all stupidey, Rory?
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Rory » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:16 pm

Hahaha, good one.
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:13 pm

Every 98 seconds, an American is sexually assaulted.
And every 8 minutes, that victim is a child. Meanwhile, only 6 out of every 1,000 perpetrators will end up in prison.

16-19

The age range that women are four times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape or sexual assault. Female college students ages 18-24 are three times more likely than women in the general population to experience sexual violence.

Drive another nail in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCUCQmL3C5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjXZrzmdnAE
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Return to General Discussion