Texas Baptist Church Mass Shooting 27 killed 30 injured

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Texas Baptist Church Mass Shooting 27 killed 30 injured

Postby stefano » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:45 pm

The right-wing media are pushing the angle that Kelley was an aggressive atheist, which he does seem to have been, going on quotes by people who knew him (though of course they might have been picked for that angle).
stefano

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby km artlu » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:26 am

I saw a pic of one the heroes in this saga, Johnnie Langendorff, and his look (bull neck-tattoo; snazzy goatee, etc.) was so compelling that I checked for video. And oh my brothers and sisters, I came upon two delicious moments.

#1) Johnnie describes the denouement of the chase, in which the shooter puts his car in the roadside ditch. At this point the CNN putz, clearly with all the life experience of a Victorian debutante behind him, asks:
"And did you then walk up to the vehicle?"

Sadly, but to his credit as a gentleman, Mr. Langendorff did not then reply, "Oh sure. Being a sub-human moron like yourself, but also with a death-wish, I strolled right on over there."

#2) CNN slick says, "The 'other hero' tells you that this killer just shot up a church. He drives off and he tells you to chase him. You tell me you said, 'Let's go.' Did you have any second thoughts? What was running through your head just then?"

Johnnie: "Nothin'. (pause) Get him."

CNN: "Why?"

Johnnie: "That's what you do. You chase the bad guy."
km artlu

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:43 am

stefano » 07 Nov 2017 03:42 wrote:
stickdog99 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:14 am wrote:completely motiveless...completely motiveless ... motiveless suicidal mass shooter of complete and total strangers

Yeah, this is begging the question. They have motives.

They don't have any motive by definition if every single person killed is a complete and total stranger. And that has been my point all along.
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:51 am

km artlu » 07 Nov 2017 07:26 wrote:I saw a pic of one the heroes in this saga, Johnnie Langendorff, and his look (bull neck-tattoo; snazzy goatee, etc.) was so compelling that I checked for video. And oh my brothers and sisters, I came upon two delicious moments.

#1) Johnnie describes the denouement of the chase, in which the shooter puts his car in the roadside ditch. At this point the CNN putz, clearly with all the life experience of a Victorian debutante behind him, asks:
"And did you then walk up to the vehicle?"

Sadly, but to his credit as a gentleman, Mr. Langendorff did not then reply, "Oh sure. Being a sub-human moron like yourself, but also with a death-wish, I strolled right on over there."

#2) CNN slick says, "The 'other hero' tells you that this killer just shot up a church. He drives off and he tells you to chase him. You tell me you said, 'Let's go.' Did you have any second thoughts? What was running through your head just then?"

Johnnie: "Nothin'. (pause) Get him."

CNN: "Why?"

Johnnie: "That's what you do. You chase the bad guy."

This whole event is has been exquisitely made-for-TV. That is my only remaining suspicion about this because, in direct contrast to Las Vegas, they could not have picked a more believable perp. And in this case, there is at least enough of a motive that the proffered perp could easily be guilty.
stickdog99

Postby 82_28 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:21 am

^^^^^Hmmmm. I watched all that shit on the news too but didn't think much of it.

Not likely -- but in a sense, we don't know if it this Devin Patrick Kelley was the shooter at all. Much like, dare I say, we don't know for sure, if Paddock was the Vegas killer. They're both dead.

They both racked up "historic" body counts. They both attacked largely gun rights friendly crowds with AR-15s. Both had military aircraft/air force pasts/backgrounds. Both offed themselves. They "bookended" an almost "comical" "terrorist" attack in NYC -- the "worst" in NYC since 9/11. That guy did not expire but was wandering around almost aimlessly with a paintball gun and an airsoft(?) gun, clearly unprepared to do any more damage. However, the symbolic damage in all of these cases have played into further constitutional erosion, greater anxiety as we approach the physical and psychological enclosures of holiday season, irrational fear becoming ever more rational.

What happened is awful, but it sure seems to be benefiting something no sane person wants as sanity gets whittled away bit by bit. Since we know "gun control" is off the table, what then can be done? We will do what we are told. Whatever it is, it will happen in the same way these "senseless" massacres happened. They will simply happen. It is almost as if the herd is being funneled into a paddock for the eventual and complete intellectual slaughter.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby stefano » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:23 am

stickdog99 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:43 am wrote:They don't have any motive by definition if every single person killed is a complete and total stranger. And that has been my point all along.

Ah. Well your point is invalid because it rests on a wrong definition of 'motive', if you think no one has a motive to kill only strangers. 'They're Nuer' or 'they're Shia', for instance, have been the motives in the most horrific mass murders of strangers in the past years. They're not good motives, to me and you, but they are motives. To get back to American spree-murder/suicides, so is 'I hate women' in George Sodini's case. And we only know that because he recorded it. If he hadn't it would not have meant he had no motive, it would have meant he had not made his motive public.
stefano

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:11 pm

"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby stefano » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:39 pm

stefano

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:25 pm

nice that trump is letting the mentally ill get guns

Report: TX Shooter Escaped From Mental Health Center, Snuck Guns Onto Base

Law enforcement officials work at the scene of a shooting at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, Monday, Nov. 6, 2017, in Sutherland Springs, Texas. A man dressed in black tactical-style gear and armed with an assault rifle opened fire inside the church in the small South Texas community on Sunday, killing and wounding many. The dead ranged in age from 5 to 72 years old. (AP Photo/Eric Gay)
Eric Gay/AP

By NICOLE LAFOND Published NOVEMBER 7, 2017 2:46 PM
The man accused of shooting and killing 26 people at a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas on Sunday escaped from a behavioral center in 2012, threatened his military superiors and tried to sneak weapons onto the Air Force base he lived on, according to reports from the El Paso Police Department that were uncovered by two local news outlets.

That was all while he was facing domestic abuse charges from the Air Force for assaulting his wife and fracturing his step-sons skull, according to Houston Channel 2 and WFAA 8 reports.

The suspect, Devin Kelley, was placed in a mental health facility called Peak Behavioral Health Services in Santa Teresa, New Mexico and was arrested by El Paso police on June 7, 2012 at a Greyhound bus station not far from the U.S.-Mexico border after he had escaped, according to the police reports.

Someone had informed El Paso police that Kelley “suffered from mental disorders and had plans to run from” the mental health center to “take a bus out of state,” the El Paso police report said.

Police were also advised that Kelley was a “danger to himself and others as he had already been caught sneaking fire arms on Hollaman Air Force base” and that he was “attempting to carry out death threats” that he had made against his military chain of command. When he was arrested he did not resist or saying anything about wanting to harm himself or others, according to the report.

The new reports shed light on the man accused of entering a church and opening fire on parishioners, carrying out the deadliest mass shooting in Texas history.

Kelley had served in the Air Force and was served a bad conduct discharge. He was sentenced to a year in military confinement for domestic abuse not long after he broke out of this mental health institute.

The Air Force has admitted it failed to properly report Kelley’s past crimes to the FBI, documentation that would have blocked him from being able to purchase a firearm. Kelley reportedly purchased four firearms in the past three years.

Read the police report below:
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/r ... -guns-base
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:22 am

You're a mean one, Mr. Fish.

And the unsung Western hero, killed an Indian or three,
And then he made his name in Hollywood
To set the white man free.

stickdog99

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:04 pm

Research suggesting Kelley was member of the Nazi group Atomwaffen. The white skull facemask at least is confirmed in news reports:

https://medium.com/@EugeneVDebian/suthe ... 58b920fc86
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby American Dream » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:05 pm

The Texas Shooter Was Called A Liberal, Antifa Communist Working With ISIS — Before Anyone Knew Anything

Welcome to the world of right-wing propaganda.

1:58 p.m. ET

Mike Cernovich, a right-wing media personality, had been retweeting some of the few details provided by reporters at outlets like KSAT. But at this time, Cernovich ― who portrays himself as a legitimate journalist ― sent his own tweet, where he noted that the church had a “largely white denomination” and speculated, without presenting evidence, “Antifa terrorist attack?”

Antifa is shorthand for anti-fascist and refers to a loose network of activists, some of whom aim to physically confront white supremacists. The group has served as a convenient boogeyman for conservatives, including President Donald Trump. The day before the shooting, far-right media had warned of an “antifa apocalypse,” with activists waging violent civil war. In reality, an anti-Trump group, Refuse Fascism, had called for peaceful political protests around the country, and a few occurred, without incident. The threatened antifa uprising had failed to materialize.

At this point, there were still no publicly confirmed details about the shooter.

3 p.m. ET

A screenshot of an alleged message by a guy named Dave Pollack was making the Twitter rounds. “Go after the heart of the far-right: conservative churches,” he allegedly wrote.

This screenshot had previously been shared by Jack Posobiec, a pro-Trump figure, prior to the shooting, on Nov. 3, according to the Twitter time stamp.

“Dave” will become important.

3:41 p.m. ET

A Twitter user named “Mustachio” shared what he claimed was a video manifesto of the shooter ― whom he called a “Muslim convert, Samir al-Hajeed” ― along with fake photos. He was trolling. (Spreading the name “Samir al-Hajeed” after a shooting is a long-standing hoax.) As Snopes reported, Mustachio was cited by a couple of websites, including right-wing site Freedom Daily, which did not respond to a HuffPost request for comment.

5:37 p.m. ET

Around this time, the suspect was publicly identified as Devin Patrick Kelley, and a Daily Beast editor tweeted a story that included pictures from a Facebook page allegedly belonging to the shooter. (HuffPost was not able to independently corroborate this page belonged to Kelley.)

People immediately delved into the shooter’s Facebook “likes,” which are, in general, a crappy journalistic tool. The suspect allegedly liked atheist pages, CNN and something called Together We Rise, according to Heavy. Conspiracy theorists pointed to the latter as evidence that the shooter supported Bernie Sanders. Some liberal groups with names similar to Together We Rise exist on Facebook, but the only Together We Rise page we could find that users can like on Facebook is a nonprofit that advocates on behalf of foster youth.

The shooter also allegedly had a LinkedIn account where he listed causes he supported, including “Animal Welfare,” “Children,” “Civil Rights and Social Action,” “Environment” and “Human Rights.” To propagandists, this seemed to prove the shooter was some kind of liberal social justice warrior.

In response to a question about whether LinkedIn users simply choose pre-selected causes from a drop-down menu, LinkedIn spokesperson Tatiana De Almeida said, “That is correct ― there is a dropdown menu of options such as Economic Empowerment, Education and more that the member can select from.”

People used this information as proof of a motive, anyway.

6 p.m. ET

The website YourNewsWire tweeted out an article making wild claims about the shooter’s connections to antifa. The story cobbled together photos from the Facebook page allegedly belonging to the shooter with a photograph of a different person holding an anti-fascist flag.

Subscribe to the Politics email.
How will Trump's administration impact you?

The article claimed that the shooter “vowed to start a civil war by ‘targeting white conservative churches’ and causing anarchy in the United States.” The story also included screenshots from a new guy: “Brian (cousin).” This person, Brian, supposedly “talked to some people who were inside.” That’s how Brian learned that two shooters entered the church, threw an antifa flag over the pulpit and then killed people who failed to properly recite verses from Karl Marx’s three-volume foundational critique of capitalism, Das Kapital.

There is zero evidence any of this happened. The byline on the story was “Baxter Dmitry.” No one in U.S. public records has that name.

The story appeared to be shared more than 264,000 times on Facebook, making it a blockbuster.

“Dmitry” and YourNewsWire did not respond to a request for comment about Brian.

6:14 p.m. ET

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones joined the fray. Jones — a prominent promoter of the false theory that antifa was going to violently overthrow the Trump administration on Nov. 4 — wondered whether the shooter was part “of the Antifa revolution against Christians and conservatives” or “a Isis op?”

Authorities have provided no evidence the shooting was connected to the Islamic State militant group also known as ISIS, and again, said it was not religiously or politically motivated.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/te ... 053058499e
American Dream

Postby wetland » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:54 pm

stefano » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:23 am wrote:
stickdog99 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:43 am wrote:They don't have any motive by definition if every single person killed is a complete and total stranger. And that has been my point all along.

Ah. Well your point is invalid because it rests on a wrong definition of 'motive', if you think no one has a motive to kill only strangers. 'They're Nuer' or 'they're Shia', for instance, have been the motives in the most horrific mass murders of strangers in the past years. They're not good motives, to me and you, but they are motives. To get back to American spree-murder/suicides, so is 'I hate women' in George Sodini's case. And we only know that because he recorded it. If he hadn't it would not have meant he had no motive, it would have meant he had not made his motive public.

It sure sounds to me like the church shooter had a motive.

There was some kind of domestic situation going down with the shooter and his wife that had spilled over into conflict with his wife's family. He knew that his wife's family attended this church. The shooter had shown up at the Halloween festival with his children, and it is reported that members of the church who were privy to whatever going on in his marriage and his wife's family were relieved to see him show up and behave like a normal dad. (In retrospect, he may have been casing the church.) He is reported to have made threats via text against his mother-in-law on the morning of the shooting. He killed his wife's grandmother in the shooting, and wiped out his wife's family's entire church family.

The shooter carried out a classic domestic violence threat: "You'd better do as I say or I will destroy everything and everybody you love." Maybe his wife was in the process of trying to escape from him and "take the kids." Maybe her family had stepped up to help her get away from him.

It is reported that the shooter, his wife, and their two small kids were living at the shooter's parent's huge house at the time of the shooting. What's the story there? A lot of the press coverage makes the shooter out to sound like drifter-y trash, but he seems to come from a rather affluent family of origin. The shooter was a grown-ass man and his parents are not legally responsible for his actions, but they had to know something was up. Who are his parents that they have enough juice to stay out of the media spotlight now?
wetland

Postby chump » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:52 pm

https://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantrep ... ass-media/
The Texas Church Shooting Was Eerily Foreshadowed in Mass Media

A disturbing scene in the 2014 movie Kingsman: The Secret Service features the hero killing an entire congregation inside a Baptist-style church in the Southern U.S. similar to the one in Texas.

A disturbing scene in the 2014 movie Kingsman: The Secret Service features the hero killing an entire congregation inside a Baptist-style church in the Southern U.S. similar to the one in Texas.

On November 5th, Devin Kelley entered the First Baptist Church of a small town in Texas during the Sunday service, while wearing a skull mask and a ballistic vest. Armed with a Ruger AR-556 rifle and two handguns, Kelley fired into the crowd, killing 26 people, including several children.

Not unlike several mass shooters in the past, Devin Kelley had served in the military for some time, including a 12-month stint in confinement...

... So what truly motivated the shooter to kill? Could he have been programmed in the military to carry out this horrific mission? The public was certainly programmed to witness it.

Describing the horrific scene in Sutherland Springs, Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackitt stated:

“He just walked down the center aisle, turned around and my understanding was shooting on his way back out. It’s unbelievable to see children, men and women, laying there. DefenSeless people.”

That scenario is eerily similar to a scene in the movie Kingsman: The Secret Service. Even the church is similar.

Galahad, one of the lead characters in the film, gets up during the sermon and tells a woman:

“I’m a Catholic w**Re who’s currently enjoying congress out of wedlock with my black Jewish boyfriend who works in a military abortion clinic. So, hail Satan and have a lovely afternoon madam”.

Galahad then proceeds to kill every single person in the church, in a long, dragged-out, extremely gory scene with rock music playing in the background.

In the end, he kills every single person in the church. Oh and he is the good guy.

As Galahad leaves South Glade Mission Church, we see a gloomy message: America is doomed...

https://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantrep ... ass-media/

chump

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion