Anyone care to comment?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Anyone care to comment?

Postby Jerky » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:12 pm

You know what, though? The statement "none of us know what damage we have wrought"... it doesn't just stand for men in relationship to women. It's true of women, too. Especially in the so-called civilized world.

Also, if we want all of our civilization's art to be created only by morally pure and spotless saints... we will soon have nothing but awful, boring, stupid art.

Everybody has done something in their life that hurt someone else. EVERYBODY. Women are not blameless, holy creatures, like cows in Hinduism, for Pete's sake. If you're well off enough to be on the Internet right now, debating this, you are a stone cold killer, whether you know it or not.

Now... how to deal?

Jerky

Heaven Swan » 12 Nov 2017 04:02 wrote:CK sounds phony, contrived and calculating.
Now here’s a genuine sounding reaction to the MeToo# campaign:

“This is on us, my dudes.

For every time we bent consent – just a little – or were a little too insistent, bought one too many drinks, every joke or comment we let pass, every time we ignored or didn’t believe, every time we stared too long, or took that picture, or made a “move” that wasn’t warranted or appreciated, told someone to smile, a hundred ways every day that we – and I am right there – tried a little too hard to get what we wanted, this is on us. Because this is the culture we built, and the culture we maintain.

None of us – and I mean none of us – know the harm we’ve caused. We can’t, because we don’t talk about it, although women have been telling us this forever. It’s not just the marquee acts of assault, it’s the myriad little everyday stuff that builds this culture.

I look back on my own history, and I am truly, deeply, and forever ashamed at some of my behavior, from years ago, from yesterday. All well within the boundaries of “the game”, the culture, the expectations of male behavior, mind you, but having learned the real impact of these seemingly harmless – promoted as harmless! – behaviors directly from women I care about? Intentionally, unintentionally, doesn’t matter. The impact is the same, and the harm caused is no less painful. And that is all on me, forever.

I have been bullshit more often than not, and I guarantee you that there are women reading this post who are nodding.

We as men cannot look away from this. We cannot ignore that we have leveraged these toxic ideas to get what we want, and I would be willing to bet everything that were we truly honest with ourselves, we’ve all – and I mean all – done something in this realm.

As long as it is #yesallwomen, it is #yesallmen. And I am complicit in this, and that can not be undone.

All we can do – all I can do – is listen, learn, change, challenge, and work to make the future a place where men like us, men with heads full of toxic bullshit and toxic behaviors, don’t exist.

I don’t support social justice for cookies or esteem. I do it because I have a debt to pay down to future generations to not be men like me.”

http://melindatankardreist.com/2017/10/ ... omplicity/
Jerky

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jerky » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:14 pm

Coming from someone with the history you claim to have gone through, Willow, this is deeply disturbing and borders on the inappropriate.

Jerky

Project Willow » 12 Nov 2017 05:25 wrote:Also, apparently the human penis some kind of parasite, a voracious, hyper vigilant wild animal, slobbering and straining against its host and his IQ. A lot of male behavior seems to suggest this. Obviously, the struggle to control these tiny things exists at pandemic levels. It must be a terrible burden to live with, a physical and mental impairment that demands constant attention. Perhaps we should institute a training and licensing program, like we do with cars, and provide therapy, or even the relief of chemical castration, for any male who is too overwhelmed to safely and responsibly operate the equipment.
Jerky

Postby Jerky » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:22 pm

You're definitely on to something, IMO, Belligerent Savant. I smell a rat, here, too...

Something is just "off" about how this whole thing is going down.

Goddamnit... I don't have the time left to devote to tracking down the origins of yet another mass psy-op against hoi polloi. I'm only halfway through my New Fascist International exposee, with new avenues opening up in THAT project with every passing week! I need to put some borders on that one and just finish it up already.

Which reminds me... when the time is ready, I'll be needing a few knowledgeable conspiracy buffs to run it past for a first read. If anyone here wants to help me out, know that I'm talking about a book-length exploration of topics relating to the central issue of Pizzagate. I'll be touching on everything from "occult" (hidden) art history, to the philosophies of Wittgenstein and Heidegger, to a detailed exploration of the creation and subsequent rise of the New Fascist International.

Email me if you feel like helping out!

Jerky

Belligerent Savant » 13 Nov 2017 01:33 wrote:Morty:
the vast majority of men are capable of acting like assholes under the right circumstances.

I believe you mean, "the vast majority of humans" , no?
Women aren't immune from assholery, of course, and can also succumb to the privileges that positions of power afford -- though not as pervasive in frequency as men, perhaps partly due to the variance in head count (# of men in power vs # of women in power).

As vile as some of these acts are, and as much as I applaud the recent deluge of disclosures, I wonder if these recent 'outings' are as organic/authentic ( i.e. a natural chain reaction stemming from the initial Weinstein outpouring) as they seem.

I may be too cynical, but it's difficult for me, these last few years, to simply absorb any media-related outpouring at face value.
Jerky

Postby Project Willow » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:23 am

Jerky wrote:Coming from someone with the history you claim to have gone through, Willow, this is deeply disturbing and borders on the inappropriate.

Jerky

It's sarcasm, sorry I forgot the green text, I assumed it'd be obvious.

Throughout my life from various sources I've heard it said in all sincerity that having a penis is quite a trial and burden. I always thought it clever excuse making. I don't think sex organs and hormones are easy for any of us.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Morty » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:36 am

Belligerent Savant wrote:Morty:
the vast majority of men are capable of acting like assholes under the right circumstances.

I believe you mean, "the vast majority of humans" , no?

Yers, I was skirting around that.
Morty

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:50 pm

I did not make this culture, and I have never felt comfortable living in it. As a teen, I consciously avoided making any overtures to anyone that could possibly be considered both sexual and unwanted. As a teen, I never had sex, while my young women friends generally courted assholes.

Had I not learned through trial and error in my teens and 20s to act more like a self-absorbed bastard who was deigning to share his incredible love making skills with just one lucky winner, I would probably still be a virgin right now. Wisdom did not come until I finally stopped viewing sexual "success" or "failure" as anything that could even exist outside the context of two mutually attracted, mutually respectful individuals sharing something together. In my humble opinion, penis licenses should not be issued before this revelation.
stickdog99

Postby Cordelia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:50 pm

Belligerent Savant » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:33 am wrote:
I may be too cynical, but it's difficult for me, these last few years, to simply absorb any media-related outpouring at face value.

I don’t think its cynical at all; just paying attention to how it's always been.

Jerky » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:22 am wrote:You're definitely on to something, IMO, Belligerent Savant. I smell a rat, here, too...

Many, I think, Media’s collusion w/other big industries; politics, entertainment, etc, on who, what, when and why ‘news’ is covered. (Plus how many try to come forward and are ignored.) But unless we're on the inside, we can’t know the back-room machinations and chicanery designed to capture and shape public opinion....nothing new there.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Quite right, Dame Cordelia. Quite right.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Jerky » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Sorry I didn't catch the sarcasm. I guess I've seen that sentiment expressed un-ironically too often to recognize the difference now.

I withdraw my objection. :-)

Jerky

Project Willow » 13 Nov 2017 05:23 wrote:
Jerky wrote:Coming from someone with the history you claim to have gone through, Willow, this is deeply disturbing and borders on the inappropriate.

Jerky

It's sarcasm, sorry I forgot the green text, I assumed it'd be obvious.

Throughout my life from various sources I've heard it said in all sincerity that having a penis is quite a trial and burden. I always thought it clever excuse making. I don't think sex organs and hormones are easy for any of us.
Jerky

Postby Burnt Hill » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:58 pm

All the rats are why I am worried that ultimately nothing will come of all this.
I remain pessimistic of real change despite the rash of recent revelations.
Hollywood will continue in its licentious practices, as will governments, religions and our neighbors.

Belligerent Savant/jerky/Cordelia wrote: I smell a rat, here, too...
Many, I think
Burnt Hill

Previous

Return to General Discussion