Why do people apologise for the USA?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Why do people apologise for the USA?

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:55 pm

I am sorry for your losses, and for the losses of the Vietnamese people. I am glad you protested, because, like millions of young Americans,you could see through the propaganda smokescreen.

That was then, and what has changed since? Whether you notice it or not, your entire current year-long spamming campaign at RI is propaganda for either cold or hot war against Russia, regurgitated from the same corporate media who sold the murder of two million Vietnamese humans and the "sacrifice" of your friends as a righteous war against evil.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jerky » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:04 pm

Funny how you never see anyone in Russia protesting that nation's war crimes, isn't it? Not much different now (Chechnya, Ukraine, Syria, Moldova, etc) than it was under the Soviet regime (Afghanistan, aka "Russia's Vietnam", which Mac seems intent on ignoring).

Must have something to do with how they're not as evil as the USA and all.

But surely Putin has done ONE thing that Mac disapproves of?

Attacking gay people? Treating their national athletes like lab rats in the quest for sports dominance? I mean, I already gave you killing 2 million civilians in Afghanistan ffs.

Maybe he cheated at poker one time?

SOMETHING, Mac! Come on!

J
Jerky

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:08 pm

^^QED, yet again.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:17 pm

and so you sow your de haut en bas over and over and over

and refuse to answer simple questions

MacCruiskeen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:55 pm wrote:I am sorry for your losses, and for the losses of the Vietnamese people. I am glad you protested, because, like millions of young Americans,you could see through the propaganda smokescreen.

That was then, and what has changed since? Whether you notice it or not, your entire current year-long spamming campaign at RI is propaganda for either cold or hot war against Russia, regurgitated from the same corporate media who sold the murder of two million Vietnamese humans and the "sacrifice" of your friends as a righteous war against evil.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Jerky » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Wow. This is NUTS.

I didn't realize they kept you guys on THAT tight of a leash, Mac.

You know it's not true that an undercover cop isn't allowed to do drugs to keep from being found out, right? I don't think your Kremlin overseer will hold it against you if you say just ONE thing that Putin has done that you disapprove of. I mean, you've more than shown your loyalty to the cause by now. Surely they will forgive you.

Or, wait a minute... maybe you WANT it to be obvious! Is that what this is, Mac? A desperate cry for help?

J

PS - Here's an idea for your next comeback! It's been almost half a day since you last tried to insult me by referring to the onanistic and/or otherwise disagreeable connotations of my nickname (which I chose for myself). Might be time to cycle that one back into your repertoire!
Jerky

Postby Rory » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:25 pm

Jerky » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:23 pm wrote:Wow. This is NUTS.

I didn't realize they kept you guys on THAT tight of a leash, Mac.

You know it's not true that an undercover cop isn't allowed to do drugs to keep from being found out, right? I don't think your Kremlin overseer will hold it against you if you say just ONE thing that Putin has done that you disapprove of. I mean, you've more than shown your loyalty to the cause by now. Surely they will forgive you.

Or, wait a minute... maybe you WANT it to be obvious! Is that what this is, Mac? A desperate cry for help?

J

PS - Here's an idea for your next comeback! It's been almost half a day since you last tried to insult me by referring to the onanistic and/or otherwise disagreeable connotations of my nickname (which I chose for myself). Might be time to cycle that one back into your repertoire!

This is explicitly verboten, nein?
Rory

Postby Jerky » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:26 pm

A note to the thick-headed: No, I am NOT literally accusing Mac of being a paid or kompromat-controlled asset of the Kremlin. I'm just having a bit of fun over his ridiculous refusal to identify even one Russian act of aggression or criminality, despite their being a shitload to choose from. - Jerky
Jerky

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:26 pm

Jerky » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:23 pm wrote: your Kremlin overseer

This is the level, this is the standard, this is the rigour of the intuition (and the quality of the "humour"). Hence this thread.
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Jerky » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:27 pm

A note to whoever else: I had written my post before Rory wrote his, so I am NOT calling Rory, specifically, thick-headed. - Jerky
Jerky

Postby Jerky » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:30 pm

Dude. Just for the record? Ain't nobody gonna mistake you for a professional.

I mean, come on. Please.

J

MacCruiskeen » 22 Dec 2017 02:26 wrote:

This is the level, this is the standard, this is the rigour of the intuition (and the quality of the "humour"). Hence this thread.
Jerky

Postby Jerky » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:31 pm

Nice catch with the edit.

And hey, *I* thought it was funny. Humour is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

J

MacCruiskeen » 22 Dec 2017 02:26 wrote:

Jerky

Postby Elvis » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Jerky wrote:Funny how you never see anyone in Russia protesting that nation's war crimes, isn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_anti ... _in_Russia

Anti-war demonstrations opposing the Russian military intervention in Ukraine (2014–present) have been ongoing.

Jerky wrote:A note to whoever else: I had written my post before Rory wrote his, so I am NOT calling Rory, specifically, thick-headed. - Jerky

Why did you wait more than an hour to post it?

CORRECTION ON EDIT: Writing in haste, I mixed up the posting times and for the record I retract my egregiously wrong question above about waiting an hour. I apologize for the error.
Last edited by Elvis on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Jerky » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Elvis » 22 Dec 2017 02:48 wrote:Why did you wait more than an hour to post it?

You might want to check those numbers again, there, Elvis.

And no, to answer your since deleted "question", I am not "lying again". Just because I don't see the world through Elvis colored glasses, that doesn't mean I'm lying. Shocking, I know.

J
Jerky

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:58 pm

ok now can we get back to not apologizing for anything or apologizing for everything?

I'm sorry I said bad things about Putin :P

Last edited by seemslikeadream on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Jerky » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Also, I am pleased to be proven wrong about the Russian people staging protests against the Ukrainian business. Compared to American opposition to the Vietnam war and Iraq invasion, 20,000 people barely qualifies as a drop in the bucket (which kind of puts paid to the idea of unique American evil), but goddamn if those 20,000 don't have balls and guts and brass.

I salute them.

However, my larger point remains. I never meant to criticize the Russian people, but the Putin regime. It is undeniable that it is substantially more dangerous for Russians to protest the actions of their government than it is for Americans to do so.

J
Jerky

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion