Closer to Mars

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Closer to Mars

Postby DrEvil » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:47 pm

Belligerent Savant » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:27 pm wrote:.
What, exactly, did the space programs provide for the common man? Of course, the answer depends on the extent you subscribe to the charade presented before us, right?

Technologies derived from or made possible by the space program either exist for use by the common man or they don't. GPS doesn't stop working if you believe the Moon landings were faked. There really are satellites in orbit feeding your phone positioning data. It doesn't depend one tiny bit on the extent to which anyone subscribes to whatever paranoid nonsense is bouncing around that skull of yours, or mine.

Also: How does one that subscribes to 'net zero' and/or 'green initiatives' resolve the amount of emissions involved in the space programs?

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2022 ... %20biomass.

It's a worry. Hopefully alternative fuels will become available (they're being researched as we speak, as pointed out in the article), or regulation will be necessary if the impact of more launches becomes a problem. Space exploration obviously doesn't come before the planet.

It's becoming cartoonish, really, the amount of contortions required to continue to swallow these narratives at face value.

And yet you continue to do so. And by all accounts, will continue to do so.

By all means, proceed. As you have. Your mindsets, at face value, are well received in this current zeitgeist.

:roll:
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:42 pm

So GPS tech is what we should all be thankful for, eh?

TRILLIONS in tax dollars over the years. And GPS tracking is what the common man gets.

And for the record: No, I don't believe the official narrative Re: moon landings are legit. At all. Of course I can't know -- none of us can know -- what's actually happened out there. But I've now arrived at a point, after years of assessment, that we did NOT go to the Moon as depicted in the 60s and 70s. And we won't be returning anytime soon.

Hell, even Nina Turner is applying a cynical lens to proceedings:

(Those that subscribe to the space program narratives will of course have no trouble swallowing the "added context" offered by Twitter in the above screenshot)
Belligerent Savant

Postby DrEvil » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:07 pm

Trillions? The US has spent about 650 billion on NASA in total since they got started in 1958, about 200 billion less than this year's defense budget. NASA's share of the budget is tiny (to be fair, it was much larger during the Apollo years, but now it's about 0.5% of the total budget).

GPS was just an obvious example. There are others, which I'm sure you won't bother looking up.

As for "added context", what context? That SpaceX has government contracts, like every other large rocket company in the US ever? Not exactly a shocker.

Should I know who Nina Turner is? There's a tiny difference between being cynical about government subsidies and contracts to private rocket companies and believing everything NASA does is one giant lie for nebulous purposes.

Fake the first landing, fine, I can buy that, beating the Soviets and everything. I don't think they did, but I wouldn't be too shocked to find out they did fake it. But to then keep doing it, over and over again, constantly increasing the odds of being found out, with not a peep from the Soviets saying "hang on, why isn't any of this stuff showing up on our screens?", even bringing back samples that if fake are sure to be found out eventually, placing fake landers on the surface that are visible to powerful telescopes, plus reflectors that any high school science lab with a decent laser can confirm for themselves are there, it sounds like they pretty much did the whole thing for real minus the people, who for some reason just can't go beyond Earth orbit ever*. Then there's the hundreds of hours of footage with fifty year old flawless special effects to account for. NASA might be good at what they're doing, but they're not that good, unless you start veering into breakaway civilization territory.

* Stanley Kubrick filmed the Moon landing, but he's such a perfectionist he insisted on shooting it on location.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby BenDhyan » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:50 am

China is Planning to Land Humans on the Moon by 2030 as Part of its Ambitious Lunar Agenda

Weiren Wu, the Chief Designer of the Chinese Lunar Exploration Program (CLEP), recently announced an ambitious plan to put Chinese footprints on the lunar surface by 2030. This announcement came just prior to this year’s Space Day of China, an annual event celebrated on April 24th meant to showcase the space industry achievements of the China National Space Administration (CNSA).

“By 2030, the Chinese people will definitely be able to set foot on the moon. That’s not a problem,” Wu said in an interview with China Media Group (CMG). This most recent announcement comes less than a year after CLEP was given state permission by China to begin Phase-4 of CLEP, whose program structure consists of four phases of robotic lunar exploration, with the first three phases having achieved a flawless success rate. In the final mission of Phase Four, Chang’e-8 will work in conjunction with Chang’e-7 to establish the framework for constructing a future lunar research station near the lunar south pole which will be used to better understand in situ resource utilization, also known as ISRU, on the Moon.

https://www.universetoday.com/161106/china-is-planning-to-land-humans-on-the-moon-by-2030-to-go-with-its-ambitious-lunar-agenda/
Ben D
BenDhyan

Previous

Return to General Discussion