Rhetoric and the art of Collaborative Discussion

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Rhetoric and the art of Collaborative Discussion

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:05 pm

I don't want the effect of exacerbating unnecessary conflict between Iam and MacC, both considered friends, but unrelated to any merits of the case I do want to say these made me laugh.

MacCruiskeen » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:39 pm wrote:
UPCOMING NEW THREADS:

KKK, KGB, Jeremy Corbyn, Hitler

Myra Hindley, Elizabeth Bathory, Eva Bartlett, Vanessa Beeley, Vagina Dentata, women in general

Bad Person Says Bad Thing

Dubious Person Says Dubious Thing

Third Lanark: The Ongoing Story

Is the Basque Language Inherently Fascist?

Michael Parenti is a *Piece of Work*...

Worrying Developments in the Scilly Isles

Banks Are Bad (Why have only I even noticed this??)

The World Should Be Better

Top Five Reasons Why Fight Club Was Shite, You Primitive Thickwitted Stinking Peasants

Abolish The Russian Population, By Any Means Necessary

My Struggle (By a Ukrainian Person of [palest beige, admittedly] Color)

SIDs! (It's funny! It' s like AIDs, geddit??!? Guess what the S stands for !!!)

The Hippies Were Stoopid, Unlike Me

"Love" - What A Load of Crap

OPEN LETTER TO LORD WELLS : MASTER, I AM WINNAR , ELVIS MUST GO

etc.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby brainpanhandler » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:45 pm

JackRiddler » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:46 pm wrote:This was a thoughtful comment, I can hardly improve on it:
Heaven Swan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:59 pm wrote:Very sorry to hear of your loss Elvis.
Losing a parent, especially a mother, is such a primal experience. I lost mine last year, unexpectedly, and it catapulted me into time tunnel of childhood feelings and memories. Yea, it only happens once, a liminal time. Please take good care.

I too lost my mother recently, somewhat unexpectedly. Her health had been declining and then in the span of a month she passed. Still grieving. Still have days when I can't believe she's gone.

My heartfelt condolences Elvis and Heaven Swan.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Cordelia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:35 pm

brainpanhandler » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:45 pm wrote:
JackRiddler » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:46 pm wrote:This was a thoughtful comment, I can hardly improve on it:
Heaven Swan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:59 pm wrote:Very sorry to hear of your loss Elvis.
Losing a parent, especially a mother, is such a primal experience. I lost mine last year, unexpectedly, and it catapulted me into time tunnel of childhood feelings and memories. Yea, it only happens once, a liminal time. Please take good care.

I too lost my mother recently, somewhat unexpectedly. Her health had been declining and then in the span of a month she passed. Still grieving. Still have days when I can't believe she's gone.

My heartfelt condolences Elvis and Heaven Swan.

I'm touched by what's expressed here. For reasons of self preservation and protection I was estranged from my mother for periods of time. Her death several years ago opened a portal of long unconscious and unasked questions hidden from her, from us, about her early life and the resulting tragedies she endured growing up. It helped me understand why she was the way she was and how her own self-preservation must have prevented her from caring for and protecting her descendants. The complexities of family run deep and now I better understand why one can’t give what they themselves never got. I wish she’d/we’d been able to face some of her past before she passed away but I’m only glad that, before she died, I told her that I loved her and meant it, because I did and still do.

I read the below quote long ago and couldn't relate but now can sympathize with its impact.

“The death of a mother is the first sorrow wept without her.” (Author Unknown)
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Jerky » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:41 am

Seeing as it's been 11 days since anyone posted in this topic, the time has probably come to un-pin it and let it drop away like a dead leaf in the fall. I mean, there's already too much stuff -- too many "stickies" -- jammed up at the top of this board already, don't you think? There's six "announcements" up in their own box (at least two of which could easily be removed, or put in the data dump or something), do we really need an extra perma-topic at the top of the topics list?

YOPJ
Jerky

Postby Karmamatterz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:58 pm

To those grieving, my heart goes out to you. It's been three months since I felt like engaging here. The day my mother passed I lost all zeal and interest to dig and debate. I've lurked and read, but just didn't have it in me as I did before. I'm glad those that have gone through this recently shared with us. May time help heal the feeling of loss.
Karmamatterz

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:45 pm

this is amusing

Grizzly » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:17 pm wrote::deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: we get it, slad it's Trump. Trump Trump Trump! It's ALL trump all day every day, Trump Trump Trump. Russia Russia Russia. Trump Trump Trump. Russia Russia RussiaTrump Trump Trump. Russia Russia RussiaTrump Trump Trump. Russia Russia RussiaTrump Trump Trump. Russia Russia RussiaTrump Trump Trump. Russia Russia RussiaTrump Trump Trump. Russia Russia RussiaTrump Trump Trump. Russia Russia RussiaTrump Trump Trump. Russia Russia RussiaTrump Trump Trump. Russia Russia Russia

killary would have saved us!!!

off topic post by Griz in my thread
Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40882&p=668909#p668909

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:49 pm

this post belongs here and not in my Roger Stone thread ..my OP is not a platform for
a refresher of my intent

an excuse post to justify previous off topic posts is unnecessary... your personal frustrations belong elsewhere

Your intentions mean nothing when you constantly break the rules....seems to show what your real intentions are...personal attacks show more about who you are than who I am

Belligerent Savant » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:39 pm wrote:.

Do what thou wilt.

Perhaps a refresher of my intent here may be helpful:

I come here -- RI -- for what I hope to be critical analysis of a given event, in the hopes of obtaining the closest approximation of truth (an increasingly elusive/naive aspiration). Whatever frustrations I may have expressed here have been principally due to my disappointment in what I view as the regurgitation of mainstream narratives echoed/replicated here with minimal, if any, interpretation/critical assessment, at least by those replicating it. I have viewed RI as a place (based on prior history) that offered scrutiny, rather than mere amplification, of all the CRAP out there.

Regretfully, I lured myself into petty interactions here over these last two+ years, something I aim to avoid moving forward. Whatever the outcome, I hold no ill will towards any members. Indeed, I know none of you personally, and therefore have no opinion of any of you as 'real life' individuals. As such, I take nothing personally, nor do I personalize any slights towards me here in this space. My occasional frustrations here, again, are in the bolded bit above.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby RocketMan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:06 pm

I just read a thread on timeslips from 2011. Made me realize what we've lost.

Maybe this place just should be left to seed for some time and see if anything grows back. But no, the monomaniacal, spammy Trump/Russia hysteria will probably go on, even if there's only one active writer left.

It's sad, but I have to say, to use a Facebook group joke, I'm leabing this gronp. For the time being. This place just makes me sad now.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:36 pm

RocketMan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:06 pm wrote:I just read a thread on timeslips from 2011. Made me realize what we've lost.

Maybe this place just should be left to seed for some time and see if anything grows back. But no, the monomaniacal, spammy Trump/Russia hysteria will probably go on, even if there's only one active writer left.

It's sad, but I have to say, to use a Facebook group joke, I'm leabing this gronp. For the time being. This place just makes me sad now.

There is is an ongoing war of attrition being fought against this former Discussion Board. It is shameless and blatant.

You'll be another real loss to this place, RocketMan. I hope you'll reconsider, and if you don't, I hope you'll be back soon.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:42 pm

war plans...starting Oct 19 2016

poor Dr. Evil I have no idea how he got this treatment ...he must have said something positive about me once upon a time

MacCruiskeen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:40 am wrote:seems like an american dream

coffin_dodger » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:44 am wrote:^ Mac makes a sublime observation

this is from coffin_dodger's site ...he thought his little plans were top secret :P

rimafia.jpg

did you really think constant personal attacks for the last two and half years was gonna bully me off this board?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:53 pm

Complaint's in. Enough is enough.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby peartreed » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:58 pm

What is destroying this board and its enjoyment by most members is the gang bullying that ultimately rejected AD and is now attempting to similarly oust SLAD.

Just because you don’t share or support someone else’s views does not entitle you to censor them, constantly attack them personally or intimidate them into quitting.

I’m one of the many who enjoy SLAD’s posts and perspectives and personality. I also, like others, don’t have the same access to the news articles she often quotes or copies. Similarly, I enjoy reading a variety of different political views and opinions.

What puts me off this place is the arrogant and intolerant disparaging of others in an attempt to have them conform to a more popular group consensus or political slant.

Diversity, variety and flexibility in news coverage and discussion here is dynamic as well as the rigorous intuition the board is named for. It is not an old man’s fraternity, a men’s club of shared commonality nor an exclusive gathering of pals.

Even if the attacking clods think they have a pocketful of mods they don’t weigh the odds of the quieter support for courteous, considerate and civil discussion here.

This schoolyard is a playground and a learning center for more than the patrolling bullies. If you can’t accommodate disagreement, simply block your opponents or ignore your irritants. Realize that most others are here for dynamic exchanges couched in kindness.
peartreed

Postby Cordelia » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:10 pm

RocketMan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:06 pm wrote:

If you 'leab' I'll be very sad, RM; you bring a lot to the board... I agree w/Mac that:

You'll be another real loss to this place, RocketMan. I hope you'll reconsider, and if you don't, I hope you'll be back soon.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:25 pm

MacCruiskeen » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:53 pm wrote:Complaint's in. Enough is enough.

I hope you mean that Mac and you will stop your constant bullying of RI members that you do not like ...that would be fantastic ...complaining for over two years is not working out for you ...remember you were the one Jeff called a vulgar thug ....put on probation by Jeff not me

Btw I don’t own a cat Max but I do have screen shots of all the War on RI plans
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:40 pm

Thank you for not leaving like most of my friends have done because of the constant personal attacks....so ugly ...if anyone speaks up for me they immediately become a target ...which you know so well

peartreed » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:58 pm wrote:What is destroying this board and its enjoyment by most members is the gang bullying that ultimately rejected AD and is now attempting to similarly oust SLAD.

Just because you don’t share or support someone else’s views does not entitle you to censor them, constantly attack them personally or intimidate them into quitting.

I’m one of the many who enjoy SLAD’s posts and perspectives and personality. I also, like others, don’t have the same access to the news articles she often quotes or copies. Similarly, I enjoy reading a variety of different political views and opinions.

What puts me off this place is the arrogant and intolerant disparaging of others in an attempt to have them conform to a more popular group consensus or political slant.

Diversity, variety and flexibility in news coverage and discussion here is dynamic as well as the rigorous intuition the board is named for. It is not an old man’s fraternity, a men’s club of shared commonality nor an exclusive gathering of pals.

Even if the attacking clods think they have a pocketful of mods they don’t weigh the odds of the quieter support for courteous, considerate and civil discussion here.

This schoolyard is a playground and a learning center for more than the patrolling bullies. If you can’t accommodate disagreement, simply block your opponents or ignore your irritants. Realize that most others are here for dynamic exchanges couched in kindness.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion