Rhetoric and the art of Collaborative Discussion

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Rhetoric and the art of Collaborative Discussion

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:27 pm

It's no wonder you were [purportedly] in the entertainment industry, given the fanciful tales you conjure in your mind.
Problem is there's nothing entertaining about this missive of yours, though you got one thing in common with the industry: the production of low-brow fiction.

Well done, peartreed. Another turd-maker. This from the member that returns periodically to lament the alleged 'name calling' committed by select members. The irony is lost on you, apparently, but there is a benefit to it: it exposes you as the hypocrite you are.

A golf clap for you.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Elvis » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:30 pm

I personally don't believe the X-Files backstory.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby alloneword » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:55 pm

Ah... But do you want to believe? :?
alloneword

Postby Jerky » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:02 pm

Elvis » 09 Oct 2019 22:30 wrote:I personally don't believe the X-Files backstory.

ROTFLMAO!

Accusing Peartreed of being a liar about something he wrote... what... ten years ago?! I guess you've been waiting a long time to let loose with THAT one, eh Elvis? Oh, but nooo... it's not personal with you, is it, Elvis? It's never personal. Not with you. The soul of diplomacy is what YOU are.

And why target Peartreed anyway? Because he's had the temerity to clearly see you and your ilk for what you so obviously are, and refuse to be quiet about it like the score of former participants here that you and your little gang so successfully bullied off the board?

Congratulations, you now stand fully exposed to any and everyone who isn't a card carrying, dues paying member of your thuggish coterie.

I guess you're having fun now that you claim to no longer be a moderator here (another one of your lies, easily exposed by simply looking up).

J.
Jerky

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:21 pm

peartreed has a very interesting image of himself:

peartreed » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:53 pm wrote:Jerky is the jangling nerve underpinning the board history and continuity through crisis while reminding all members that the commonality we share is rebellion.

The lead for which he takes from William Kristol! Save that Republic! Hang those Rosenbergs!

Jerky » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:02 pm wrote:
Elvis » 09 Oct 2019 22:30 wrote:I personally don't believe the X-Files backstory.

ROTFLMAO!

Accusing Peartreed of being a liar about something he wrote... what... ten years ago?!

If it was that long ago, is it revealing how well you remember it?

You definitely had peartreed do the bit where he tells us about his Hollywood background more recently than that. Last year, I'm pretty sure.

I suppose you're losing track of your socks, and also doing that thing where you're too much on top of details, but these are classic problems of serial liars. It's a hell of a slog to do, I imagine. How many you got running now?

Last edited by JackRiddler on Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby chump » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:35 pm

JR: Speak on how certain posters only ever appear here so as to provide back-up on the bullshit.

Speak on how the flooding consistently promotes the dominance (in frequency on the front page and in disruptive 20-screen posts of copy paste) of a) the State Department propaganda line, thus promoting U.S. war operations; and b) the CIA and corporate media psyop to portray the coming of open fascism to the United States as a "Russian" takeover and thus promoting U.S. war propaganda.

Welcome to the 21st century, Dude…

I’ve never really met an RI admirer, and rarely read Democrat or Republican party propaganda, but did notice who nominally ignores me, and am pretty sure that most would consider a pompous professor’s online persona a truly pretentious crotchety prodigy - puckering up to the powers that be in a specified version of cyber-space where several of the other pushy participants are also imparting an impotent, oppressive (teacher’s pet) Party perspective… and there ain’t no way we would want to waft the crushing consensus we’re constantly sending, so speaking freely as though we won’t see it, I actually concur that plenty of posters are purposefully flooding these RI pages and blatantly proliferating official, professional propaganda for an eccentric sort of social experiment….

So, seeing as how some posting places tend to be a little too tedious - literally weeding the veritable litter of petty propaganda consistently pizzing the RI spaces, I’ve duly discovered a tick-y-tack tactic to carry on a crap discussion with the dutifully educated who dare to endure a demanding domain… speaking their pieces (and patting their poopers) - in a thread of one’s choosing - where one can exert one’s special conceded psycho control of the coveted content conferred upon that particular spectacular RI section… where everyone elsewhere is simply too stupid to even exist?

We’ll now be returning to our regular programming - nominally ignoring one and other.
Last edited by chump on Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chump

Postby Jerky » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:27 am

Oh, man. This is just too fucking beautiful.

Looks like Mr Heavyweight has finally lost it!

J.

PS - From now on, I shall proceed under the assumption that BS, Jack, MacK and Elvis aren't just a like-minded gang of scheming, rules-breaking thugs and hypocrites... they're actually all the same person!

PPS - Just kidding, obvs. That kind of stupidity requires a special kind of genius.

PPPS - Re: my "remembering" Peartreed's previous place of work... I didn't. I just saw Elvis' bizarre, out of the blue potshot, used the search function to figure out what he was blathering about, and soon discovered the true depths of his psychiatric damage. Your attempt to distract from this obvious fact is both pathetic and transparent.

JackRiddler » 10 Oct 2019 02:21 wrote:.

peartreed has a very interesting image of himself:

peartreed » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:53 pm wrote:Jerky is the jangling nerve underpinning the board history and continuity through crisis while reminding all members that the commonality we share is rebellion.

The lead for which he takes from William Kristol! Save that Republic! Hang those Rosenbergs!

Jerky » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:02 pm wrote:

ROTFLMAO!

Accusing Peartreed of being a liar about something he wrote... what... ten years ago?!

If it was that long ago, is it revealing how well you remember it?

You definitely had peartreed do the bit where he tells us about his Hollywood background more recently than that. Last year, I'm pretty sure.

I suppose you're losing track of your socks, and also doing that thing where you're too much on top of details, but these are classic problems of serial liars. It's a hell of a slog to do, I imagine. How many you got running now?

Jerky

Postby alloneword » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:08 am

chump » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:21 pm wrote:
alloneword » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:51 am wrote:Rhyme, like clunky alliteration
Is literary masturbation.

;)

Sounds like a personal problem, Pal

*edited to add the quote for context

Although I'd never say it's wrong
To flick your bean, or stroke your prong
I feel it rather lacks decorum
To do it in a public forum. :wink:
alloneword

Postby RocketMan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:12 am

Ah, the exquisite sophistication of the personal attack masked as ironic purple prose. I stand in awe of your superior intellect and capacity for empty sentences, peartreed.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:27 am

I am posting this so everyone here knows I am utilizing Jeff's ignore feature and will not be reading or replying to the following people

It is the only way I have of bringing peace to this board and peace to myself. It is the only solution I have at my disposal and I believe it will make less work for the mods

Rocketman
Belligerent Savant
JackRiddler
MacCruiskeen
coffin_dodger
alloneword

I will continue to follow all of Jeff's rules as stated when this board was formed and his added note when he came here on October 5th. He is the owner of this board and he pays the bills. We all post here at his pleasure

Jeff » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:18 pm wrote:There's no way this won't sound anodyne, but isn't the board big enough for everyone?

I won't pretend to be up to speed on all of the disagreements here, but maybe that's good. The issues are maybe irrelevant to my point, which is that you don't all need to be pals, but maybe you do need to give each other some space.

I don't want anybody banned or the board to be heavily moderated. In return, all I'd like is some basic, online courtesy. Like not flooding someone's thread, or driving discussion off topic, or making vicious personal attacks. That kind of stuff.

Jeff out.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby coffin_dodger » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:42 am

I am posting this so everyone here knows I not am utilizing Jeff's ignore feature and will be reading or replying to the following people:

everyone

Yours Truly
c_d
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby American Dream » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:08 am

Currently on my ignore list are:

MacCruiskeen
Belligerent Savant
JackRiddler

I am considering adding more but haven't decided on that yet.
American Dream

Postby coffin_dodger » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:25 am

Hey now! - I'm a little disappointed, AD. Not worth the effort, I guess. :(

Or a clever ploy.

We know, don't we, AD? :wink
coffin_dodger

Postby coffin_dodger » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:39 am

Just noticed this little veiled threat at the end of Username slad's post:

We all post here at his pleasure

even when feigning humble, Username slad is not quite able to to keep the menacing nature in check.

:thumbsup - nice one, Username slad!
coffin_dodger

Postby Jerky » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:50 am

Menacing, you say?

Didn't you create a whole new forum literally just to have a place where you, guru and a few other folks angry at getting any pushback at all re your Pizzagate and other perverted wish fulfillment fantasies could let off steam and concoct schemes to fuck with this forum and the people who participate here, with the literal intention of destroying it covertly?

Talk about the tar calling the snowball black!

J.

coffin_dodger » 11 Oct 2019 14:39 wrote:Just noticed this little veiled threat at the end of Username slad's post:

We all post here at his pleasure

even when feigning humble, Username slad is not quite able to to keep the menacing nature in check.

:thumbsup - nice one, Username slad!
Jerky

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion