Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy attack

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby Sounder » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:16 pm

Keep pushing that Overton window Jerky, maybe you can get to witness the millions of human, plant and animal beings getting killed.

Won't that just make you prouder than shit.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jerky » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:31 pm

So I'm a bloodthirsty nihilist seeking global annihilation now, am I?

You're hilarious man, you really are.

Isn't it odd how any time anyone (rightly) points out some shitty or criminal behavior by the Russians, there's a squad of trembling ninnies at the ready, demanding in an accusatory tone: "What are you, a warmonger who wants to start a nuclear war?!"

It's laughably transparent, and is pretty clearly just one more narrative theme in the Kremlin's broader disinfo/intimidation campaign, obviously related to a cunning if brute calculation wherein Putin sees himself as completely immune from any and all repercussions, due to the fact that he still commands an arsenal of nukes. So who is it that's the war-mongering villain, again?

Anyway, this constant stream of drivel coming from Putin fanboys - wherein every "if/then" argument ends with some globe-annihilating nuclear exchange - has got to stop. It is WELL past its 'sell by' date.

J.
Jerky

Postby American Dream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:18 am

George Galloway Predicts Armageddon as Russia Today (RT) Ban Looms.

“And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.”

https://tendancecoatesy.wordpress.com/2 ... ban-looms/
American Dream

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:29 am

BREAKING: UK PM May says will now expel 23 Russian diplomats, they have one week to leave

Trump immediately gave the expelled Russians jobs in his re-election campaign.

Theresa May statement:

"This could have been done by anyone. Many people are saying that. You think we haven't thrown a little nerve agent ourselves? Look, it could be Russia, China, anyone! Or it could just be a 400-pound guy with some chemicals."

#Russia's state TV:
For the umpteenth time, Russian state TV host exclaims "Trump is ours."
Olga Skabeeva:
"Yesterday, Tillerson supported Theresa May in her 'highly likely' [#Skripal poisoning] allegation. So Trump immediately fired him. Trump is ours!"
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Sounder » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:21 am

Look, it is an 'alleged' Russian spy attack.

People that insist that the Russians are guilty are plainly xenophobes.

There is context as well as facts on the ground that tell many people that the Western forces are frustrated by their failure to topple Assad.

(Yesterday there were direct threats made by our side toward the Syrians. Imagine this, a country is successfully defeating takfiri headchoppers while an aggressor country is operating in the same area as the takfiri headchoppers that this aggressor country is allegedly trying to kill, who are yet found to use Western supplied weapons, is gonna bring more mayhem as a self-righteous response to falsely attributed and indeed, Western sponsored chemical weapon and bombing attacks.

Oh right, no imagination required.)

So now the Imperialists are on to plan X,Y and Z and by golly they intend to topple Syria and Iran.

And yes when people like AD make comments like, as if to defend the White Helmets; regime change is not always bad, is it? They know full well that they are supporting an ongoing Imperial death machine and think that the 'rebels' natural desire for change will make him ignore the associations involved.

Empire eats the self-righteous rebel for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:27 am

People that insist that the Russians are guilty are plainly xenophobes.

trump is very very xenophobic so that can't be all inclusive
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Sounder » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:38 am

The statement still stands, 'People that insist that the Russians are guilty are plainly xenophobes'. Therefor, you SLAD are plainly a xenophobe.

Enjoy your keeping company with the Donald.

Now make it all personal so the content of my previous post can be left unconsidered.
Last edited by Sounder on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sounder

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:39 am

is that a personal attack against a member here Sounder...I guess I have to add another ignore...I surely didn't want to do that to you ...you've always been decent to me in the past...oh well

I won't bother alerting the mods I'll just take care of personal attacks in my own way..bye now I don't have time for personal attacks any longer no time to waste

I see on your edit you are accusing me of making it personal????????

I gotta hit that ignore feature faster

Sounder » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:38 am wrote:The statement still stands, 'People that insist that the Russians are guilty are plainly xenophobes'. Therefor, you SLAD are plainly a xenophobe.

Enjoy your keeping company with the Donald.

Now make it all personal so the content of my previous post can be left unconsidered.
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Sounder » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:50 am

It is not a personal attack to suggest that people that will not give foreigners a fair hearing are xenophobes. I think it is pretty close to its definition.

I think you and others like you cannot handle my exposition of the context here, so the best option is to go run and hide, until such time a new pretext can be found to bad-jacket something I may write.
Sounder

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:52 am

I am not hiding anywhere Sounder I just prefer to not see any serial personal attacks posters posts any longer or to reply to them and it is working out fine...I had a really really good day yesterday...the days of reading bullcrap is over for me

Therefor, you SLAD are plainly a xenophobe.

now good bye sorry to see you go away...I did enjoy reading you but this will be my last reply to you...have a good day

been here at RI from DAY ONE 14 years never put anyone on ignore until now...my only regret is that I did not do it a year ago it would have saved me from a whole lot of negative energy
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Sounder » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:10 am

Again, context, when I say 'hiding' the reference is to the cohort that will not consider that Western deceit since 9/11 removes all credibility from claims of humanitarian concern. You know 'hiding' from what I write, which you clearly are, not you 'hiding'. But so typical, you think all the shit is about you.
Sounder

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:12 am

Police home in on five key locations in Skripal attempted murder case

Experts focus on Sergei Skripal’s home, bench where he and daughter Yulia fell ill, Salisbury restaurant and pub, and BMW car

Steven MorrisWed 14 Mar 2018 07.48 EDT
The investigation into the attempted murder of Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia appears to be focusing on five key scenes: his home, the spot where the pair fell ill, the two places they ate and drank before their collapse, and his BMW car.

Skripal’s road on the outskirts of Salisbury remains sealed off and detectives and experts in protective hazmat suits continue to comb his modern red-brick home and question neighbours and his friends.

On Wednesday, investigators in hazmat suits returned after dark to the bench in the Maltings shopping centres where Skripal, 66, and Yulia, 33, became ill and removed items in plastic bags.

Police have also launched a specific appeal for anyone who saw the Skripals in the BMW in the 45 minutes before they arrived in the Maltings on the afternoon they fell ill – Sunday 4 March. The Zizzi restaurant and Mill pub, which the pair visited, are still cordoned off.

Hundreds of officers including counter-terrorism detectives, local police, forensic experts, intelligence analysts and the military are involved in the search for evidence of who exactly carried out the attack – and how.

Hamish de Bretton-Gordon, a former commander of the now-disbanded Joint Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Regiment, said he believed the nerve agent novichok that was used was probably in powder form. “That seems to be the most plausible thing,” he said.

Theories have been swirling around Salisbury about how the novichok may have been delivered, including on the BMW’s door handles, steering wheel, or in its ventilation system. But the Guardian understands that the police officer taken ill, DS Nick Bailey, may have fallen ill after visiting his home, suggesting that the house remains crucial.

Officers in protective suits work near the bench where Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia were found
Officers in protective suits work near the bench in Salisbury where Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia were found. Photograph: Henry Nicholls/Reuters
De Bretton-Gordon said it was “plausible” that the nerve agent could have arrived in the post or in a gift. “You open a letter and the stuff goes all over the place,” he said.

“It is equally plausible that an agent could have delivered it. You only need to drop a small amount in someone’s pocket or brush past them.”

Scotland Yard, clarifying elements of the case’s timeline, confirmed Yulia arrived in the UK at 2.40pm on 3 March – 24 hours before the pair fell ill.

Officers are examining many hundreds of hours of CCTV footage to trace Yulia’s movements before and after she arrived in Salisbury. However, it seems unlikely that the nerve agent would have been sent into the UK on or with her. Had something gone wrong on a crowded international flight, it would have been a disaster.

It is clear the investigation remains very fluid.

Quick guide
Timeline: the poisoning of Sergei and Yulia Skripal

Attention seemed to home in on the BMW on Thursday – four days after the pair were taken ill – when teams of Met counter-terrorism officers and military experts in hazmat suits arrived at the Ashley Wood recovery garage on the Churchfields industrial estate in Salisbury to examine the car and take it away. Paramedics stood by while the work was done.

Eight days after the collapse on Monday, officers and troops in hazmat suits appeared in the village of Winterslow, six miles north-east of Salisbury where they worked on an Ashley Wood van. Later that day, back in the city, the first floor of the Sainsbury’s car park was cordoned off and a police tent set up covering the car park’s ticket machine.

It is now known that this is where the Skripals parked at approximately 1.40pm on Sunday 4 March before going to the Mill Pub then on to the Zizzi restaurant.

Father and daughter stayed at Zizzi until about 3.35pm and emergency services were called to the bench in the Maltings where they were taken ill at 4.15pm.

Police are particularly keen to hear from anyone who saw the Skripals in the BMW – registration plate HD09 WAO – between 1pm on Sunday and the time they arrived in the city centre. They are also working hard to track the pair around Salisbury during the 40 minutes after they left Zizzi and before they fell ill on the Maltings bench.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... mpted-case

Former spy Sergei Skripal was poisoned by Russian nerve agent smeared on his car door, report says

12m 55
skripal salisbury car park
Officers investigate the shopping centre car park where the Skripals left their car before they were poisoned.
Henry Nicholls/Reuters
UK officials reportedly believe Sergei Skripal was poisoned via his car door.
They told The Daily Mail that the deadly Novichok nerve agent was smeared Skripal's car door.
It could explain why both Skripal and his daughter Yulia were poisoned.
British officials believe former spy Sergei Skripal was poisoned when he touched the handle of his car door, according to a newspaper report.

Novichok, a Russian-made nerve agent used in the attempted assassination, could have been applied to his vehicle, leading to the hospitalisation on Skripal and his daughter on March 4.

Unnamed British government sources told The Daily Mail that Novichok, the Russian-made nerve agent that was administered to him, was smeared on his car door.

The theory could explain why both Skripal and his daughter Yulia were affected.

Philip Ingram, a former British military intelligence officer, told the Mail: "Using the car would explain why both Mr Skripal and his daughter got a dose."

It remains unclear when the perpetrator, or perpetrators, spread Novichok on Skripal's car. Chemical weapons experts say that Novichok can remain dangerous for a long time after being applied to a surface.

According to the Metropolitan Police, Skripal and his daughter used the car, a red BMW, to visit Salisbury city centre on the day they died.

They parked in a Sainsbury's supermarket car park, then visited a pub and a restaurant. Shortly after leaving the restaurant, they were found clearly suffering from the effects of Novichok.

Investigators this week started examining the section of the car park the Skripals used before entering The Maltings shopping centre, where they collapsed.

Neil Basu, a senior officer in London's Metropolitan Police, on Tuesday also appealed for witnesses who saw the Skripals or their car, a red BMW, in the 45 minutes before the Skripals arrived at the car park.

British Prime Minister Theresa May is preparing to set out her plans to retaliate against Russia for failing to explain itself over the poisoning. The Kremlin has repeatedly denied and openly ridiculed speculation of its involvement.

Sergei and Yulia Skripal remain in critical condition.
http://www.businessinsider.com/official ... oor-2018-3
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Sounder » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:26 am

been here at RI from DAY ONE 14 years never put anyone on ignore until now..

That's fine, personally I like people that think differently than myself, makes me think. But each to his/her own.

It understandable SLAD would put me on ignore as it is very unpleasant to be called a xenophobe, but it does show that this category or word still has power and you gotta like that.

And it is not only SLAD, it is anybody that renders a guilty verdict on the foreigner with no consideration of locally generated alternatives that are designed to build up then exploit MSM generated and therefor socially acceptable xenophobia.

Hell, many of my friends are guilty of this because so many are still passive consumers of agenda setting MSM.

Even after the decimation of Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya, still people fall for more of it.

It's odd.
Last edited by Sounder on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sounder

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:29 am

Police hunt for mystery couple ‘spotted near Russian spy Sergei Skripal moments before he collapsed’ as nerve agent probe broadens to second Dorset town

By Brittany Vonow and Will Stewart
A MYSTERY couple spotted near poisoned ex-spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter before they collapsed are being hunted by authorities, it is reported.

A grainy image of the pair, who "appear to be in love", is being shown around to Russian business figures in London in a desperate attempt to identify them, Russian media has this morning reported.

Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia are fighting for their lives in hospital

It comes as the investigation into the Salisbury poisoning of a former Russian spy was this morning extended into Dorset, with the military called into the town of Gillingham.

Russian media outlet Rosbalt today claimed that members of the emigre community in London are being shown an image of a couple, who appear to be in love, as part of the investigation.

The report added: "The police are saying that they are interested in them because of the poisoning of Sergei and Yulia Skripal."

They said the man appeared to have dark hair and was accompanied by a blonde woman, appearing to be between 35 and 40-years-old.

The military has been seen in Gillingham this morning as part of the investigation into the Salisbury poisoning
A source claimed that the photo had been taken from surveillance cameras.

They said: "They are in the street seemingly like a couple in love."

Russians living in London are being quizzed about the couple - particularly being asked if they are fearful of identifying the pair.

Prime Minister Theresa May today slammed Russia for the "reckless and despicable" act, saying they had treated the situation with "sarcasm, contempt and defiance."

She listed a number of measures that the UK would now put into force in the wake of the use of the chemical weapon, giving the 23 Russian intelligence officers one week to leave the country.

She also revealed checks on private flights would be increased, with no Ministers or members of the Royal Family to attend this summer's World Cup in Russia.

The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons will now undertake an independent analysis of the nerve agent used in the attack.

Russia had lashed out at Ms May with sinister nuclear threats yesterday as the stand-off over the poisoning scandal escalated, with a Russian foreign ministry spokesman issuing a chilling warning not to “threaten a nuclear power”.

Britain has received support from the US, Germany, France and other EU leaders.

Tensions rocketed after the Russian Embassy in London formally refused Mrs May’s demand to come clean over the attack with a series of tweets posted from 5.30pm.

The embassy insisted: “Moscow will not respond to London’s ultimatum until it receives samples of the chemical substance to which the UK investigators are referring”.

Ms May's comments come as the police probe into the Salisbury poisoning investigation widened to Dorset with a recovery truck, which may have been used to remove a car driven by the father or daughter targeted in the poisoning attack, to be removed from the town.

Gillingham and Salisbury, the town where the initial poisoning unfolded, are about 25 miles apart.

Military personnel are at the scene, with large trucks pictured crossing the cordon.

A Met Police spokesperson said: "The military is assisting police to remove a number of vehicles and items from areas of Dorset, following the incident in Salisbury.

"The public should not be alarmed and the public health advice remains the same.

"The military has the expertise and capability to respond to a range of contingencies.

"The Ministry of Defence regularly assists the emergency services and local authorities in the UK. Military assistance will continue as necessary during this investigation."

Amber Rudd in Salisbury as police call in military to help investigate nerve agent attack on ex-Russian spy Sergei Skripal
Russian Ambassador to UK Alexander Vladimirovich Yakovenko slams UK stance on investigation into attack on ex-spy Sergei Skripal
Local media has reported that a section of Hyde Road in Gillingham between Waverland Terrace Bungalows and Coronation Road was sealed off today.

Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia, 33, were exposed to an "unknown substance" while out in Salisbury on Sunday, March 4, 2018.

They were found slumped on a bench in a "catatonic state" and anti-terror police are investigating CCTV believed to show the Russian father and daughter before the suspected "poisoning".

Russia's UK embassy have denied that their special services were involved.

As pressure mounted on Russia today, Moscow's media began published increasingly bizarre claims about the cause of the poisoning.

One local media report claimed Skripal's daughter Yulia had been the real target of the attack because she had fallen out of favour with her future mother-in-law.

Glushkov was discovered by his daughter at his home in New Malden, South West London
Anti-terror cops yesterday launched an investigation into the death of Russian exile Nikolai Glushkov.

The 68-year-old was found with "strangulation marks" at his home in New Malden by his daughter Natalia on Monday night.

Home Secretary Amber Rudd linked his death to that of his close friend - Russian oligarch and Putin critic Boris Berezovsky - who was also found dead in his London home in 2013.

Russia's ambassador to the UK Alexander Vladimirovich Yakovenko told Sky News that the British governments actions had been "absolutely unacceptable."

He said the measures taken by the UK had been "serious provocation", adding they had "nothing to do with" the Salisbury poisoning.

The Foreign Office has since updated its travel information for Brits in Russia, warning: "Due to heightened political tensions between the UK and Russia, you should be aware of the possibility of anti-British sentiment or harassment at this time."

Prime Minister Theresa May said it was "highly likely" ex-spy Skripal and his daughter was attacked with a Russian produced nerve agent called Novichok.

Public Health England have sought to calm fears by saying the risk to the general public is still minimal.

The chemical weapon was designed by Russian scientists to kill thousands in battle in the 1980s and questions remain over how it came to be used in the UK.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov​ says Russia is 'not to blame' for poisoning of ex-spy​ Sergei Skripal
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5803698/p ... illingham/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Rory » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:54 am

Sounder » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:26 am wrote:
been here at RI from DAY ONE 14 years never put anyone on ignore until now..

That's fine, personally I like people that think differently than myself, makes me think. But each to his/her own.

It understandable SLAD would put me on ignore as it is very unpleasant to be called a xenophobe, but it does show that this category or word still has power and you gotta like that.

And it is not only SLAD, it is anybody that renders a guilty verdict on the foreigner with no consideration of locally generated alternatives that are designed to build up then exploit MSM generated and therefor socially acceptable xenophobia.

Hell, many of my friends are guilty of this because so many are still passive consumers of agenda setting MSM.

Even after the decimation of Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya, still people fall for more of it.

It's odd.

I'm amazed every time, which just goes to show you how vulnerable we all are to unconscious drives despite "knowing better".

This particular case defies belief. I haven't seen any argument for Russian involvement that's stands up to scrutiny. The facile, one dimensional evil evilness of the so called murderers wouldn't pass muster in a Disney movie. On top of that, the Russians are so much of a threat that we need to go to war footing, yet are cartoonishly hamfisted in their execution it beggars belief.

The ludicrous narrative around Dr Kelly's untimely death was far more believable than this tosh

Edit - Slad, please don't link to The Sun.
Rory

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion