Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy attack

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri May 04, 2018 3:04 pm

:P

oh I thought you knew everything...at least that is the impression I have gotten from you

so you don't know what is true about the poisoning?

thanks for the clarification

Rory » Fri May 04, 2018 2:02 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Fri May 04, 2018 10:59 am wrote:if she is hidden how can you be so sure what is going on?

I'm not, hence the question. You're welcome.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri May 04, 2018 3:27 pm

This is shameful.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Rory » Fri May 04, 2018 3:38 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri May 04, 2018 11:04 am wrote::P

oh I thought you knew everything...at least that is the impression I have gotten from you

so you don't know what is true about the poisoning?

thanks for the clarification

Rory » Fri May 04, 2018 2:02 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Fri May 04, 2018 10:59 am wrote:if she is hidden how can you be so sure what is going on?

I'm not, hence the question. You're welcome.

I don't know everything. You're welcome.

By the way - I also don't know how you can see the posts of someone you put on ignore. very ostentatiously, and self righteously. But there's another mystery for another thread.

Back to the topic. Skirpals, not slads vendettas
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri May 04, 2018 3:43 pm

so you bring up
I also don't know how you can see the posts of someone you put on ignore.
but then say
But there's another mystery for another thread.
so that means of course that you are telling me that I am not supposed to answer your question because you ask an off topic question....funny I see what you did there....I have no one on ignore ....especially you Rory I am extremely interested in everything you post

oh Rory you talk like no one else here has vendettas.....in the words of Mac .......shameful
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Rory » Fri May 04, 2018 3:46 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri May 04, 2018 11:43 am wrote:so you bring up
I also don't know how you can see the posts of someone you put on ignore.
but then say
But there's another mystery for another thread.
so that means of course that you are telling me that I am not supposed to answer your question because you ask an off topic question....funny I see what you did there....I have no one on ignore ....especially you Rory I am extremely interested in everything you post

oh Rory you talk like no one else here has vendettas.....in the words of Mac .......shamefull

You put me on ignore. Yet here you are. It's a head scratcher. How can this be???
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri May 04, 2018 3:47 pm

you are not on my ignore list...you do understand the ignore feature...it's kinda like twitter :yay....maybe a bit easier to figure out
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Rory » Fri May 04, 2018 3:49 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri May 04, 2018 11:47 am wrote:you are not on my ignore list...you do understand the ignore feature...it's kinda like twitter :yay....maybe a bit easier to figure out

So you took me off ignore, or at least gave up the pretense of ever having me there. Well good for you.

Now. The thread, Skirpals. What's happening?
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri May 04, 2018 3:50 pm

I took you off because I thought you were done with personal attacks
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Rory » Fri May 04, 2018 3:54 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri May 04, 2018 11:43 am wrote:....I have no one on ignore ....especially you Rory I am extremely interested in everything you post

seemslikeadream wrote:I took you off because I thought you were done with personal attacks

:thumbsup
Rory

Postby Rory » Fri May 04, 2018 3:57 pm

http://tass.com/politics/1002877/amp?__ ... ssion=true

MOSCOW, May 4. /TASS/. Moscow seriously doubts the information on the amount of the substance used to poison the Skripals, which was made public by Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) Director General Ahmet Uzumcu, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Friday.

"Mr Uzumcu has made a sensational statement that 50 to 100 grams of some substance was allegedly used to poison the Skripals," she said. "According to expert estimations, 50 to 100 grams of a toxic agent such as the one Great Britain has been referring to, would be enough to poison not just two people but everyone in the surrounding neighborhood. However, the two people in question managed to survive and recover, the British authorities say," Zakharova pointed out.

"The question is whether Great Britain’s official statements contained a single word of truth or were they just lies," the Russian diplomat went on to say. She also noted that London was still reluctant to cooperate with Russia in investigating the Salisbury incident and provide Moscow with consular access to Russian citizens.

The OPCW chief said earlier in an interview with the New York Times that "about 50 to 100 grams of a liquid nerve agent was used in the March 4 attack on the former Russian spy Sergei V. Skripal and his daughter, Yulia."
Rory

Postby Cordelia » Fri May 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Any agencies powerful enough to hold Yulia Skripal against her will or otherwise surely have the means to manipulate her and/or her words via 'twitter' or whatever. Unless there's new footage of, I don't know, her vacationing somewhere in Venezuela, I'd be highly suspicious of her (or, for that matter, anyone's) 'free' speech via any social or mainstream media.

Reminding me a bit of........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzrfpvtDEqk
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby alloneword » Sat May 05, 2018 5:44 pm

Rory » Fri May 04, 2018 7:57 pm wrote:http://tass.com/politics/1002877/amp?__twitter_impression=true

The OPCW chief said earlier in an interview with the New York Times that "about 50 to 100 grams of a liquid nerve agent was used in the March 4 attack on the former Russian spy Sergei V. Skripal and his daughter, Yulia."

OPCW wrote:In response to questions from the media, the OPCW Spokesperson stated that the OPCW would not be able to estimate or determine the amount of the nerve agent that was used in Salisbury on 4 March 2018. The quantity should probably be characterised in milligrams.
OPCW

OPCW Director-General Uzumcu also, in that NYT interview, perpetuated the myth that the term 'Novichok' is of Russian origin, rather than a label applied by people outside of Russia:

NYT wrote:He said he had taken steps to add the nerve agent, one of a series of chemicals created under the code name novichok

He then uses his 'misunderstanding' regarding the quantity used as the basis for his argument that it couldn't have been produced by 'Western laboratories':

NYT wrote:Uzumcu said that if Western laboratories had produced novichok for research purposes, or to develop an antidote, they would have created a smaller quantity than what was used in the March 4 attack.

That being
NYT wrote: the 5 to 10 grams needed for research purposes, or to develop an antidote, he said.

Or does he mean 'milligrams', here? Uzumcu is a 'career diplomat', not a chemist...

NYT have memory-holed their original article - (link now takes you to a correction piece) - but it was syndicated elsewhere in the original form.

No news here, just the usual bullshit propaganda.
alloneword

Postby JackRiddler » Sun May 06, 2018 3:39 pm

Crazy shit. The spokesperson admits he (merely) got the amount of the estimate off by a factor of 1000 or 1000s. The original false statement is going to live on, the correction will remain hard to find. The fish is looking less crazy.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun May 06, 2018 3:52 pm

Rory » Fri May 04, 2018 3:38 pm

By the way - I also don't know how you can see the posts of someone you put on ignore. very ostentatiously, and self righteously. But there's another mystery for another thread.

Perhaps you could discuss this matter with Belligerent Savage; he seems to know how it's done: http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?p=656956#p656956
Iamwhomiam

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun May 06, 2018 4:11 pm

JackRiddler » Sun May 06, 2018 2:39 pm wrote:Crazy shit. The spokesperson admits he (merely) got the amount of the estimate off by a factor of 1000 or 1000s. The original false statement is going to live on, the correction will remain hard to find. The fish is looking less crazy.

Fwiw, a bout of food poisoning after a seafood meal was one of only two times in my life when I seriously thought I was dying. (The other time, I swam too far out and nearly drowned in the sea.) And a friend of mine once spent nearly a week in hospital after a bad kebab. She looked as pale as death when I went to visit her. So there's nothing crazy about the "fish" idea at all. What's really crazy is the May government's complete inability to come up with an even remotely plausible explanation for their "disappearing" of both the father and the daughter.

It would be good if this thread were retitled. How about "The Skripal Affair"? Would that be possible? Slad, mods? "Theresa May set to hit back [at] Russia" begs the question. You can only hit back at Russia if you were a) hit at all and b) hit first. And you can only hit back at Russia if it was in fact Russia that hit you in the first place. Which is not only not proven but looking extremely and increasingly unlikely.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion