Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy attack

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby American Dream » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:09 pm

I don't rely on the establishment press in North America or Europe by any means, though I'm not above reading it. Just as TASS, RT and Sputnik generally represent state spin of a certain flavor, the NYT, Washington Post etc., represent a different flavor but all represent Power. I'm not looking for that kind of propaganda and if I read it, I read it critically. I kinda like leftist agit-prop though.

What gets me often- and it is not you personally, I'm not really sure exactly what you think- is the uncritical signal boost for Russian propaganda themes. If I issued a warning, it would be in a general sense because I think it's a general problem in conspiracy circles. I think it's possible to be deeply skeptical of the USA, Russia, Syria, Israel etc. as states from the standpoint of being deeply skeptical of the State as institution. Indeed, I consider this an imperative.

JackRiddler » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:44 pm wrote:Golly gee, thanks for the warning. I really needed it because, you see, I am a total moron.

Do you do this for the Western media conglomerates that pretend they are not state media? You know, the ones that feature an uninterrupted stream of national security apparatchiks as sources and experts being fawned upon by anchor yes-bots, not to mention a goodly share of actual mass murderers, and think-tankers posing as academics calling for mass murder? Maybe you should put it in your sig line that something Russian might own a website, caveat lector, etc. Saves time.
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby peartreed » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:46 pm

In the beginning Jeff Wells founded RI, in part, to suggest a hidden agenda or conspiracy behind the establishment actions and media coverage of 9/11 which, in turn, attracted many of us who shared a skepticism of spoon-fed political propaganda from news outlets. That suspicion and skepticism survives among us to this day despite our very separate and different personal positions and political views. We should have a sense of mutual appreciation for our lack of gullibility like that of the general public in swallowing the mass media messages and coverage whole. What erodes our common search for the underlying real truth is the internecine anger and insult here in our own venue. Some of the exchanges above illustrate that point. We are too busy eating one another to join together against news corruption.

Much like the British/Russian spy versus spy caricature cartoon of covert espionage incompetence evidenced in the Skripal findings farce, the ongoing antagonisms on RI between old rivalries of political perspectives and participation style continue to culminate in emotional overreactions and excess, obscuring the instigating insult. The chaos also far too often destroys the continuity of our beneficial findings.

When the leaders and moderators jump into the fray with accusatory judgment, that only inspires others to respond in kind and pile on to the persecution bandwagon. That ganging up only compounds the defensive denials, anger and recriminations.

When outnumbered, cornered and threatened, any prey will lash out at the attacking pack in desperate fury to preserve their rights, freedom, individuality and entitlement to participate. If we are going to police ourselves effectively we need the equivalent of an honour code for it.

The key to maintaining the peace is mutual tolerance, respect and consideration.

If the real instigation is the volume of posts of copied news, articles and pictures crowding out member discussion of a topic, perhaps we should consider having a separate section for “Breaking News” with related source sites to access detail. If the intent is to discuss the items on RI further, the member posting should add that commentary and opinion to the post, encouraging RI exchanges about the subject.

The creation of Current Events and Research & Data sections alleviated General Discussion clutter somewhat, but maybe a new, designated section for volume postings of breaking news might be of special interest to other news hounds too. Then we can take the news apart, not each other posting it.

Whatever, we don’t need to continue poisoning the combat field like Skripal spies.
peartreed

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:00 am

peartreed, it's easy to agree with the generalities. It would have been even easier for SLAD to just not do the 30-screen copy-paste attacks yet again. Then there'd be no response, and no need for the (agreeable) generalities you are posting.

AD, here too, generalities that are easy to agree with. And missing the point. The Skripal matter happens not to be a case created by Russian propaganda. It is of course possible, if at this point extremely unlikely, that the poisoning was a Russian state action. But the propaganda came from the UK government and the Western corporate media. Now they have nothing more to report about this alleged international crime tantamount to war, after they made six shit-spewing tornados out of it for several months. That's interesting.

You want to be on topic, or do you want to issue more or less true but also meaningless (in terms of suggesting a judgment or course of action on the case) generalities about the state? I suppose you want a labeling law - Don't Trust Russia! - so put one in your sig line. It's cheaper.

Or maybe you want an automatic preemptive apology from everyone who speaks on anything (even when not citing a "Russian" source, as I did not). We should all announce with each post that "Russia" might, in one of the infinite alternate universes, also be talking in some way about something similar to whatever we are saying.

Don't respond with vulgar anti-statism please. Doesn't matter how much I like it, in principle.

Last edited by JackRiddler on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby peartreed » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:56 am

The 30 screen copy-paste “attacks” were a defensive reaction to an unfair accusation of non-topic content. The screen captures illustrated other off-topic commentary in the subject thread. When the record is being distorted the accused posts the record itself as evidence of a common practice acceptable only when others do it. While annoying and disruptive as a defensive tactic, the instigating insult was also wrong.

Jack, you characterize and dismiss others’ commentary here as generalities, using a condescending tone, as if only your contributions contain any relevant specifics or careful analysis. That arrogant perspective itself does not enhance your credibility. Nor does your pejorative unpacking of others’ posts without acknowledging the common and shared efforts and purposes of a discussion forum involving idea exchanges towards mutual respect and learning. Still, you are at least consistent.

The blame for the disruptive chaos outbreaks here is a shared responsibility, as is its hopeful resolution a group effort deserving support.
peartreed

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:40 am

WRex:

This Skirpal business has rather fallen apart, very much in public, so that keeps getting funnier every week. I don't think you're going to be able to stop the laughter anytime soon.

What worries me, though, is your willingness to torpedo actual discussion content by re-posting shit-tons of .jpgs and articles that takes pages to scroll through. Who is really being disruptive, here?

Not that I would ever expect you to change, of course. But I won't be changing much, either. And this is the kind of bullshit I have to push back on. You have to be able to distinguish disdain for your sources from attacks on your person.

JRiddler:
I find a certain poster's familiar resort to 90-screen repeats of long-ago previously-posted, largely irrelevant, and randomly-curated material, in tangential reaction to imagined slights, to be much worse than merely a childish tantrum. It is actively disruptive to anyone trying to read anything new on this board. It's the reason I use the "foe" function: to avoid the forced scrolling. This poster's stuff is not the worst, there is much worse posted at times by others. But almost never do others use this particular tactic, which amounts to shutting down the targeted thrad. It makes this board very unwelcoming to anyone not used to this shit and remains a valid complaint for moderator action. But why am I writing this shit yet again? It's a reason this board is so quiet, why I am also among those who drop in less frequently.

Co-sign the sentiments above.

(Bold added)
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby dada » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:34 am

How is it that the cognitive dissonance in the West has become the big issue here? Truth is not truth. We know this.

To you, Champions of the Rational, I say that somewhere on your common sense crusade you have lost sight of what is important, becoming callous and insensitive. Because you all seem to have forgotten who suffered the most terrible injustice, here. Sergei Skripal's poor cat and guinea pigs were killed on two separate occasions. Flushed right down the memory hole, and no one seems to care. But I will never forget.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:00 am

:lovehearts: :lovehearts: :lovehearts:

dada » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:34 am wrote:How is it that the cognitive dissonance in the West has become the big issue here? Truth is not truth. We know this.

To you, Champions of the Rational, I say that somewhere on your common sense crusade you have lost sight of what is important, becoming callous and insensitive. Because you all seem to have forgotten who suffered the most terrible injustice, here. Sergei Skripal's poor cat and guinea pigs were killed on two separate occasions. Flushed right down the memory hole, and no one seems to care. But I will never forget.

but we will always have the peacocks here

loud, distinctive sound

showing their true colors inside and out

I love peacocks so much is that nothing about them is subtle.....they command attention, and I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say they know it.

they build their own safe thread nest but yet they are duty bound to escape and strut around to stand out among their surroundings

(bold added)

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:33 am

peartreed » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:46 pm wrote:In the beginning Jeff Wells founded RI, in part, to suggest a hidden agenda or conspiracy behind the establishment actions and media coverage of 9/11 which, in turn, attracted many of us who shared a skepticism of spoon-fed political propaganda from news outlets. That suspicion and skepticism survives among us to this day despite our very separate and different personal positions and political views. We should have a sense of mutual appreciation for our lack of gullibility like that of the general public in swallowing the mass media messages and coverage whole. What erodes our common search for the underlying real truth is the internecine anger and insult here in our own venue. Some of the exchanges above illustrate that point. We are too busy eating one another to join together against news corruption.

Much like the British/Russian spy versus spy caricature cartoon of covert espionage incompetence evidenced in the Skripal findings farce, the ongoing antagonisms on RI between old rivalries of political perspectives and participation style continue to culminate in emotional overreactions and excess, obscuring the instigating insult. The chaos also far too often destroys the continuity of our beneficial findings.

When the leaders and moderators jump into the fray with accusatory judgment, that only inspires others to respond in kind and pile on to the persecution bandwagon. That ganging up only compounds the defensive denials, anger and recriminations.

When outnumbered, cornered and threatened, any prey will lash out at the attacking pack in desperate fury to preserve their rights, freedom, individuality and entitlement to participate. If we are going to police ourselves effectively we need the equivalent of an honour code for it.

The key to maintaining the peace is mutual tolerance, respect and consideration.

If the real instigation is the volume of posts of copied news, articles and pictures crowding out member discussion of a topic, perhaps we should consider having a separate section for “Breaking News” with related source sites to access detail. If the intent is to discuss the items on RI further, the member posting should add that commentary and opinion to the post, encouraging RI exchanges about the subject.

The creation of Current Events and Research & Data sections alleviated General Discussion clutter somewhat, but maybe a new, designated section for volume postings of breaking news might be of special interest to other news hounds too. Then we can take the news apart, not each other posting it.

Whatever, we don’t need to continue poisoning the combat field like Skripal spies.

peartreed » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:56 am wrote:The 30 screen copy-paste “attacks” were a defensive reaction to an unfair accusation of non-topic content. The screen captures illustrated other off-topic commentary in the subject thread. When the record is being distorted the accused posts the record itself as evidence of a common practice acceptable only when others do it. While annoying and disruptive as a defensive tactic, the instigating insult was also wrong.

Jack, you characterize and dismiss others’ commentary here as generalities, using a condescending tone, as if only your contributions contain any relevant specifics or careful analysis. That arrogant perspective itself does not enhance your credibility. Nor does your pejorative unpacking of others’ posts without acknowledging the common and shared efforts and purposes of a discussion forum involving idea exchanges towards mutual respect and learning. Still, you are at least consistent.

The blame for the disruptive chaos outbreaks here is a shared responsibility, as is its hopeful resolution a group effort deserving support.

Co-sign the sentiments above.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Sounder » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:42 am

What BS said and quoted.

Jack's is the kind of heat this kitchen needs. Jack may be no fan of me, yet I still have enough sense to recognize useful input when presented.

peacocks and projection, what a fine pair.

Functionally speaking, to the instigators, truth does not matter. The OP connects Russia with gassing, in London and on into Syria. That is the hoped for connection to be 'sedimented' into the mass mind. (Sorry Jack, I couldn't resist)

We may find out soon with the next false-flag gas attack if the instigators tactics are working.
Sounder

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:45 am

What Sounder said and quoted.

peacocks and projection, what a fine pair (of balls).......so true so very very true

I love waking up to the sound of peacocks ...that sound just is so invigorating especially after a good nights' sleep and a great cup of coffee..no one loves the sound of their own voice like a peacock ....that makes one feel like growing grabbing a couple of feathers and joining in that golden oldie melody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vet6AHmq3_s

People walking around everyday
Playing games, taking scores
Trying to make other people lose their minds
Ah, be careful you don't lose yours, oh

FREEDOM

the way to survive ...TOSS FEATHERS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIi3AZe3Sik
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Sounder » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:27 pm

Thanks Slad, I will be working on Tossing the Feathers today. It seems to be a friendly tune to fiddle with.
Sounder

Postby peartreed » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:07 pm

The entirely predictable parade to board the bully boys bandwagon is underway again, trying to crush nonconformity on the information highway to Hell and ridiculing lone rebels recommending reform with their group blanket of blame.

Raise your glasses of Novichok in a toast to intolerance.
peartreed

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:28 pm

Sounder » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:27 pm wrote:Thanks Slad, I will be working on Tossing the Feathers today. It seems to be a friendly tune to fiddle with.

music is the window into friendship ...tá tú mo chara Sounder

@ peartreed

we'll just go with better angels......I know that they are here ...I heard them singing and they blew me away with their kindness and it is all out in the open for anyone to see

:angelwings: :angelwings:

so funny how some really smart souls have to prove their intellect......it is not enough just to be super duper word masters...they can't be superior without the inferior I guess :shrug:

we are all made of tears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4lsB-B1O7U

@ BS in response to his post below....I am not going to bump this thread to add this

Belligerent Savant » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:31 pm wrote:.

..imaginary phantasms and goblins that some choose to conjure rather than opportune a moment for another perspective.

thanks for the diagnose Doc...did you go to the same University as Grizzly for that degree in psychiatry? .....I know you love labeling me as being psychotic in your kinder gentler way for the crime of keeping track of the greatness espionage operation in the history of the world...being hounded by the crew for 2 1/2 years so be it......being chastised over and over for the same thing that everyone else does here just like in this thread....my posts being deleted because they were off topic now while all the off topic posts in this thread were perfectly fine.......carry on maybe some day that tactic will work and I will succumb to your nastiness

another perspective? you guys picked up your toys and started your own thread on the Putin perspective after the mass off topic hissy fit ....it's there use it! You've had the power all the time...you are free to voice your perspective.....did I invade the Precious Putin Perspective Thread? Did I ever accuse you of being psychotic for having another opinion? Let's just cut the crap ok? Live and let live
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:31 pm

..imaginary phantasms and goblins that some choose to conjure rather than opportune a moment for another perspective.

SLAD:
thanks for the diagnose Doc...did you go to the same University as Grizzly for that degree in psychiatry? .....I know you love labeling me as being psychotic in your kinder gentler way for the crime of keeping track of the greatness espionage operation in the history of the world...being hounded by the crew for 2 1/2 years so be it......being chastised over and over for the same thing that everyone else does here just like in this thread....my posts being deleted because they were off topic now while all the off topic posts in this thread were perfectly fine.......carry on maybe some day that tactic will work and I will succumb to your nastiness

another perspective? you guys picked up your toys and started your own thread on the Putin perspective after the mass off topic hissy fit ....it's there use it! You've had the power all the time...you are free to voice your perspective.....did I invade the Precious Putin Perspective Thread? Did I ever accuse you of being psychotic for having another opinion? Let's just cut the crap ok? Live and let live

You continue to misread the point. You're entitled to your opinion just as anyone else here. What I, and others, take issue with are your tactics. Re-read the excerpts I pasted above from WRex and JRiddler if it remains unclear.

The key bits:
WRex -- "What worries me, though, is your willingness to torpedo actual discussion content by re-posting shit-tons of .jpgs and articles that takes pages to scroll through. Who is really being disruptive, here?"

JRiddler -- "I find a certain poster's familiar resort to 90-screen repeats of long-ago previously-posted, largely irrelevant, and randomly-curated material, in tangential reaction to imagined slights, to be much worse than merely a childish tantrum. It is actively disruptive to anyone trying to read anything new on this board."

Laughable -- and ironic -- that Peartreed continues to refer to anyone calling out such behavior as a "bully" , which is not only a mischaracterization, it's also a misdirection.

But again, I tire of this.
As JRiddler aptly stated upthread: "...why am I writing this shit yet again? It's a reason this board is so quiet, why I am also among those who drop in less frequently. "
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEYDEQex-eA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDvFdj-pFMc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qY8-HooF9I

'Everyone thinks he was whacked'
'Everyone thinks he was whacked': New evidence has emerged that a Russian media mogul was beaten to death by hired thugs in Washington
https://www.businessinsider.com/christo ... red-2018-3

Polly Sigh

Lesin, who was beaten to death on the eve of meeting w/ DOJ, was intimately involved in the efforts of Putin, Bank Rossiya & its CEO, Kovalchuk, to consolidate Russian media & a secret Roldugin offshore account which held the profits.

2016: The key to tracing Putin’s hidden billions: Putin's best friend, cellist Sergei Roldugin & Bank Rossiya, known as “Putin’s wallet.” Roldugin's name surfaced when the US sanctioned Bank Rossiya & its CEO Kovalchuk in 2014.

https://twitter.com/dcpoll

Mysterious death of Putin's aide Lesin. Baseball bat and ‘Hollywood laundromat’

18:16 / 08.08.2017
Mysterious death of Putin's aide Lesin. Baseball bat and ‘Hollywood laundromat’

Mikhail Lesin was very rich. The political context of his death, beneficial for the mass media, had shaded this aspect Photo: The CrimeRussia
Who possesses the multimillion legacy of Mikhail Lesin and why the movie production company belonging to his son continues operating at a loss in Hollywood? The CrimeRussia reviewed various versions of his demise to figure out who could be interested in the sudden death of the functionary-turned-oligarch.

Mikhail Lesin died almost two years ago but he is still well remembered – the ‘Gray Eminence’ of the Russian media was a too controversial figure and his sudden death conceals too many mysteries. Last week, BuzzFeed media company has announced, citing its sources in the FBI, that he was murdered.

The former Minister of Press of the Russian Federation, Presidential Advisor, and ex-Head of Gazprom-Media Holding died in November 2015 in a suite of budget-level Dupont Circle Hotel in Washington, DC. No documents were found with him, and the identity of the deceased Russian native has been established only after the intervention of Russian diplomats.

Dupont Circle Hotel where the body of Mikhail Lesin was found

The vague circumstances of the death of Mikhail Lesin, inconsistent information about its cause, delays with the expert assessments, and weird events occurring immediately after it have sparked several conspiracy theories.

‘Hand of Moscow’

The most popular theory – political assassination – has emerged shortly after the death of the ex-Minister of Press of the Russian Federation. On October 28, 2016, a year after the decease of Lesin, the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia has officially ruled that his death was an accident. However, BuzzFeed News capitalizing on the political killings and blaming ‘the hand of Moscow’ for those has revived the ‘foul play’ version a week ago.

On July 28, 2017, BuzzFeed, citing several anonymous sources in the FBI and CIA, has published results of its own investigation and concluded that the former advisor for Vladimir Putin was murdered. Furthermore, according to BuzzFeed sources, Lesin was bludgeoned with a baseball bat, while his ribs were fractured. Allegedly, the reason behind the murder was the intention of the ex-Minister to tell the U.S. Department of Justice how, for what purpose, and on what funds Russia Today TV channel – whose creator was Lesin – had been launched. The judicial agency and ex-Minister reportedly had a preliminary agreement to hold a meeting, and the hotel suit where the body of Lesin was found had been booked and paid by the U.S. Department of Justice.

Mikhail Lesin and Margarita Simonyan, the Editor-in-Chief of Russia Today

BuzzFeed claims that Lesin had arrived to Washington, DC to make a deal with the American justice in order to be exonerated from further prosecution by the FBI for money laundering – but he was murdered prior to the interview in the U.S. Department of Justice located (similarly with the FBI Headquarters) within a walking distance from Dupont Circle Hotel. According to the anonymous BuzzFeed source in the FBI, the agency has no doubts that the Kremlin was behind this assassination.

The material published by BuzzFeed is a continuation of its two previous high-profile investigations dedicated to 14 mysterious deaths in the Great Britain allegedly arranged by the Russian secret services and to ‘Russian mafia’ and Donald Trump ‘dossier’ uncovering Trump’s ties with the Federal Security Service (FSB) of the Russian Federation. The American media disbelieved the new ‘leak’ from BuzzFeed; most of the outlets have simply ignored it, while the Washington police has immediately refuted its conclusions and reproached BuzzFeed for publishing unconfirmed information. By the way, this is not the first such situation – earlier CNN had openly blamed BuzzFeed for cheap sensationalism discrediting the journalism.

Turncoat

But, in fact, the American Internet portal has published nothing new – except for the baseball bat. The version blaming the ‘hand of Moscow’ for the death of Lesin had been broadly discussed after the publication of the cause of Lesin’s death back in 2016. A high-profile publication in Figaro newspaper citing its sources in the CIA and naming the death of Lesin a “political assassination” has further fueled the flame.

The neo-McCarthyism wave in the U.S. caused by the conflict in eastern Ukraine and subsequent sanctions against Russia has contributed to the popularization of this version in the Western media. For instance, some outlets claimed that “court dignitary” Mikhail Lesin, who was in charge of the ‘Kremlin propaganda machine’, had agreed to reveal the secrets of the Russian political elite to the U.S. authorities as an insider. In return, he had allegedly expected that the investigation launched against him by the FBI a year ago on suspicion of money laundering in the U.S. would be discontinued.

By the way, Alfred Koch, the ex-Vice Prime Minister of Russia, has written just about the same and in similar words on his Facebook page on the third day after the death of Lesin. The former Minister of Press has got strong reasons to switch sides more than a year before his decease.

In November 2014, Republican Senator Roger Wicker has asked Eric Holder, then-Attorney General of the United States, to launch an inquest against Mikhail Lesin on suspicion of breaching the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

Letter from Senator Roger Wicker to Attorney General Eric Holder

In his letter, Wicker has emphasized that Lesin had “acquired multimillion dollar assets in Europe, including an estate reportedly purchased through a company registered in the British Virgin Islands during his tenure as a Russian civil servant”.

The Senator has also noted that Lesin had “moved his immediate family to Los Angeles, California, where he acquired multiple residences at a cost of over $28 million”. Wicker has stressed that Lesin “may also have close business ties with individuals subject to U.S. sanctions” and mentioned the links between the ex-Minister and Bank Rossiya and its beneficiary Yury Kovalchuk. The senator has also reminded that the name of Lesin “was suggested by some groups for inclusion on a U.S. sanctions list under the Magnitsky Act”.

The letter from Roger Wicker had its effect. On December 3, 2014, Assistant Attorney General Peter Kadzik has instructed the FBI to carry out an investigation of the possible legalization of criminal proceeds by Mikhail Lesin.

Response from Assistant Attorney General Peter Kadzik to Senator Roger Wicker

As early as on December 12, Lesin has resigned from the post of the General Director of Gazprom-Media and disappeared from Russia for a long time. Some sources directly link his resignation with a major corruption scandal on the West: the letter from Senator Wicker has not only attracted the attention of the FBI to offshore assets of Lesin – but also prompted the Spanish law enforcement authorities known for their intolerance to ‘the Russian mafia’ to launch their own preliminary investigation against Lesin on suspicion of money laundering.

Fractured hyoid bone

The CrimeRussia has found out that all the possible speculations in the investigation performed by BuzzFeed may pertain only to the motive behind the murder of Lesin (everything is unsubstantiated and anonymous), but the circumstances described by the news portal are real and based on the official information about the battering provided by the D.C. Medical Examiner’s Office and the state police back in March 2016.

The document issued by the law enforcement structures states that the cause of the death were “blunt-force injuries to the head”. It was also noted that numerous injuries had been found on the torso, neck, hands, and legs. In addition, the American law enforcement authorities were unable to determine the criminal nature of his death, and the investigation had lasted for six more months, until the District Prosecutor’s Office has ruled the death of Lesin an “accident”.

According to the unofficial information, the investigative authorities of the Russian Federation do not rule out the version proposed by BuzzFeed – although they do not advertise their opinion. A week ago, Mash group has reported that the Russian special services had received a medical report from the American colleagues describing the injuries in detail. In addition to the head injury (the direct cause of the death), the body had fractured ribs and hyoid bone, which is typical for strangling. According to Mash, a criminal case has been instituted due to the death of Lesin under Article 111 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (Intentional Infliction of a Grave Injury).

Close the visa for a dead person

Even the opponents of Lesin do not believe that his death was an accident, neither do they support the version implying the involvement of the United States Federal Witness Protection Program (WITSEC).

Alexey Navalny, the founder of the Anti-corruption Foundation, was one of the first to suggest that the death of Lesin had been staged in the framework of the United States Federal Witness Protection Program. As if joking, Navalny has posted the following message on his Facebook page a week after the death of Lesin:

Have they already managed to bury him quietly? This is like a movie – so much resembles the witness protection program. Our Lesin may be now somewhere in Nebraska under the name of Lenny Hofsteder – growing beard, adapting to the new nose form, and testifying against Putin (Alexey Navalny, November 13, 2015).

The majority of the audience had initially thought that this was a joke – although an inappropriate one (Navalny was even shamed in the comments). However, in March 2016, Navalny has published in his blog documents indicating that Mikhail Lesin had crossed the American border in the Los Angeles airport exactly 40 days after his death.

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection has immediately attempted to clarify the weird situation – but failed to provide a rational explanation. According to its official representative, Acting Assistant Commissioner Michael Friel cited by TASS, the record entry indicating that the former Minister of Press of the Russian Federation had departed from the U.S. has been made only to “close the non-immigration visa of the deceased”. Allegedly, this entry does not mean that the deceased person had indeed left the U.S. by a commercial or private plane – this is just a legal procedure. The words of Friel were a real surprise for those familiar first hand with such situations (death of a Russian citizen in America) and who had never seen anything like this before.

It is necessary to note that the publication of documents indicating that dead Lesin had crossed the American border by Navalny has mysteriously coincided with the official statement about the cause of the death of the Russian ex-Minister issued by the U.S. authorities.

The rumors that ‘Lesin is alive’ have more or less calmed down after the presentation of his passport by his widow Valentina who told that the American law enforcement authorities had handed it to her immediately after the death of her husband.

Mikhail Lesin and his wife Valentina

In fact, it is highly unlikely that adventurer and reveller Mikhail Lesin, who used to live in grand style, would agree to grow old in an American province under a fake name and on a humble pension from the U.S. Department of State – like his former political rival, ex-Deputy of the State Duma Konstantin Borovoy.

Loving husband and proud father

The former Minister of Press nicknamed ‘enemy № 1 of the Russian independent media’ had numerous ideological and personal enemies, including Alexei Venediktov, the Editor-in-Chief, host, and co-owner of the Echo of Moscow radio station. In his recent interview, Venediktov has pointed out an obvious aspect somehow forgotten amid sensational politically charged versions.

Mikhail Lesin and Victoria Rakhimbayeva

After the resignation from Gazprom-Media, 57-year-old Lesin, father of two and grandfather of five, has fallen in love. Model Victoria Rakhimbayeva, who used to pose topless for Maxim men's magazine, became his darling one. In addition to the modeling, Rakhimbayeva had graduated from the Jet Service School and worked as a stewardess on a British private airplane – where she has apparently met Mikhail Lesin in 2014.

The lovebirds had spent a whole year travelling – and the girl was actively posting photo reports on her pages on social networks. They had lived in Switzerland for some time, flew all over the world (according to RBC Information Systems, in the last years of his life, Mikhail Lesin was flying only by business jets), sailed to most unknown islands on a yacht, enjoyed fishing and spearfishing, and visited the shores of Grece, Komodo, Bali, Italy, and California – where Victoria, according to her own words, would like to live.

The girl’s dream could come true, taking that her powerful patron referred to as “husband” in her posts had owned several luxury mansions there.

Mansion in Beverly Park belonging to the Lesin family

In September 2015, Victoria gave birth to their daughter, and, according to his close kin, Mikhail Lesin was inspired and happy. After the birth of the baby, Lesin has quit bad habits, including alcohol. He had to divorce Valentina, and Alexei Venediktov has emphasized that any divorce is primarily about the division of common assets. Lesin had plenty of possessions and, based on their luxury honeymoon, the lovers were not going to start a family ‘in a cottage’. The love affair of the retired functionary was about to incur significant property losses to his previous family.

But Lesin died, thus, eliminating the need to divide assets. Victoria Rakhimbayeva, who became a media personality in the last year of his life, had posted a seemingly weird message on Facebook prior to deleting her accounts on social networks and withdrawing into the shadows forever: “Serenity – calmness and tranquility. You have found those already”.

But a month later, Serenity has been found. It was a 55-meter luxury yacht worth some $50 million, made at Heеsen wharf in the Netherlands, and waiting to be picked up in Brisbane after maintenance works.

Serenity has everything to make a sea voyage comfortable for an oligarch

Many people had supposed that the ex-Head of Gazprom-Media had an own yacht (in particular, Margarita Simonyan, Editor-in-Chief of Russia Today and one of the few friends of Lesin, had mentioned it) – but no one knew this for sure. After settling the inheritance matters, the yacht has been promptly sold at Palm Beach International Boat Show to an unknown purchaser. The exact price and recipient of the sale proceeds are unknown – but it is known that IYC yacht broker had initially put it up for sale for only €37 million.

According to the CrimeRussia source, Victoria Rakhimbayeva has changed her sphere of activity – she graduated from a prestigious interior design school and lives quietly in Moscow with Tamara, the 2-year-old daughter of Mikhail Lesin. Apparently, Victoria has no need of money – at least, she can afford a babysitter for the daughter.

It is also known that she still loves sea voyages – but instead of the private yacht, Victoria now has to use cruise liners.

Legacy

Mikhail Lesin had associated his future life with the U.S. since 2009, after the dismissal from the post of the Presidential Advisory by Dmitry Medvedev “for non-compliance with the civil service rules and civil servant ethics”. According to the CrimeRussia sources, Lesin had openly patronized Video International company created by himself a long time ago. As a result, it had monopolized the Russian media advertisement market. After the termination, Lesin has relocated his entire family to the U.S. and purchased his first American real estate.

There are different estimations of his fortune. Lesin was a governmental official for his entire life and, therefore, could not appear on the Forbes list. However, political expert Gleb Pavlovsky, familiar with him since the 1990s, claims that Lesin already was a multimillionaire in the period when he had directed the presidential election campaign of Boris Yeltsin and was in charge of the All-Russia State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company (VGTRK). Some sources believe that Mikhail Lesin had plenty of possibilities to siphon off VGTRK funds abroad through his official capacity without a risk to be caught by tax or law enforcement authorities.

The Anti-corruption Foundation also believes that Lesin had mastered the schemes allowing to siphon off funds abroad through offshore companies in that period; a major portion of these funds were huge profits of Video International almost uncontrolled by the government – while Lesin never was its official co-owner.

Mikhail Lesin with Boris Yeltsin and his wife

Journalist Yevgenia Albats estimates the value of the shady business empire of Mikhail Lesin at $1 billion. Politician Konstantin Borovoy and some other sources believe that a significant portion of his wealth originates from Russia Today – because “it is impossible to count” all the hundreds of millions of dollars allocated for the TV channel created by Lesin.

The mansions in California belonging to Lesin and accidentally found by Senator Roger Wicker (only because the housekeeper and babysitter from two different homes had filed lawsuits against the Lesin family demanding million-dollar compensations) were just the tip of the iceberg. According to some information, the legacy of Lesin includes multimillion-dollar assets in Finland and, possibly, in Switzerland; their official owners are dummy companies. By the way, his son Anton has been living and studying in Switzerland since the age of 10.

Hollywood story

Anton and Carole Lessine

Today 34-year-old Anton Lesin (he calls himself a la suisse – Antone Lessine) is a well-known producer who has released several movies starring A-list celebrities. Upon graduating from a prestigious college in Switzerland, Anton Lessine has joined his family in the U.S. At that time, his father started legalizing his shady capitals in the new country.

Not every graduate of the New York Film Academy can retain Brad Pitt and Arnold Schwarzenegger to play in his movies. Anton Lessine was lucky – these actors starred in the films produced by him.

According to the CrimeRussia source, Anton Lessine hasn’t inherited the business skills of his father and succeed only in aristocratic amusements, like polo – his Swiss wife Carole also plays it professionally. However, the good cinematographic education and knowledge of languages have enabled him to invest the family money into the American motion-picture industry.

Anton and Carole are professional polo players

In 2012, Anton Lessine and Alexander (Sasha) Shapiro, an old friend of his father and Hollywood manager of Russian descent, have acquired, through their fund Media Content Capital, the control block of shares in QED International, an American-based film production studio.

Shapiro had worked in Warner Brothers for almost 20 years and advanced through ranks to the Vice President; he understood that QED had difficulties with the financing for new movies. Even the production of Elysium starring Matt Damon was progressing slowly – so the company had desperately needed outward investments. Media Content Capital has offered $25 million for 75% of its shares. The deal has been made, and a year later, founder of QED Bill Block was driven out of the company. Shapiro and Lessine have taken full operational control over the studio.

The new management had no shortage of investments. Under the guidance of Shapiro and Lessine, QED started from a low-budget thriller Haunt, and then released Sabotage starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and famous ‘tank drama’ Fury with Brad Pitt who was also a co-producer of that film.

Lessine and Shapiro had initially kept silence about the source of funding for the film making – but in 2014, the letter from Senator Wicker has been published. Then rumors started circulating about the corruption origin of the money of Media Content Capital, and Anton Lessine told in his commentary to The Hollywood Reporter that the possible FBI inquest against his father would not affect the company in any way. He has emphasized that the funds are going not from Russia but from Europe, thus, implying Switzerland – his ‘second motherland’.

The ‘Hollywood laundromat’ of the Lesin family continued growing. In mid-2015, Media Content Capital has launched Covert Media film company specializing not only in the motion picture production but also in the distribution, thus, becoming a full-cycle movie maker. Paul Hanson, a former QED top manager, has been appointed in charge of the new company. According to its official web site, Covert Media intents to produce, finance, and distribute three to four films a year.

Paul Hanson, Anton Lessine, and Sasha Shapiro at the Covert Media presentation

According to Peter Newman, Academic Director of the New York University Tisch School of the Arts, the appetite for so-called ‘dumb money’ (funding from investors not related to the motion picture industry) has considerably increased in Hollywood in the last years due to the difficult economic situation. It is very hard to track financial flows going through a chain of intermediary companies.

According to a CrimeRussia source well aware of the American film industry and its mechanisms, even a shallow analysis of the QED operations shows that the company does not bring real profits to its founders. According to IMDb.com, the most successful QED movie was Fury starring Brad Pitt – it has brought $18 million in profits, while its budget was $68 million. It is necessary to keep in mind that 40–50% of the box office goes to the film distributors, while co-producer Brad Pitt has received a half of the remaining profit. Other movies released by the company were classical flops, including Sabotage with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

In addition to the cinema industry, the funds of Mikhail Lesin are also circulating in the elite real estate sphere. Anton Lessine owns Dastel Holdings, a California-based company specializing in acquisitions and management of luxury real properties.

The most recent acquisition of the Lesin family in California

He also controls another real estate firm – Java Drive Inc. Mansions of the Lesin family in Beverly Park located near homes of basketball player Magic Johnson and actor Samuel L. Jackson officially belong to Dastel Holdings – as well as a home in the prestigious city of Brentwood with the living space of some 980 square meters purchased for $9 million.

The home features 7 bedrooms, 11 washrooms, wine cellar, spacious storage rooms, sauna with steam room, elevator, huge dining room, underground parking, etc. Both mansions are currently offered for sale at the cost considerably higher than their initial purchase prices – $23 million and $28 million.

Home theater in the Lesin Estate in Pacific Palisades

At the first glance, it might seem that the Lesin family is getting rid of its expensive assets – but their recent acquisitions dispel this illusion. In May, Anton Lessine has purchased an estate worth $16 million in Pacific Palisades, a coastal neighborhood of Los Angeles. This is the second property bought by the family in that neighborhood – the first, not so fancy, mansion was purchased for $4 million. Apparently, the coffers of the Lesin family are still far from depletion.

Documents

Joint Statement from the District of Columbia’s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner and the Metropolitan Police Department
https://en.crimerussia.com/gromkie-dela ... aundromat/

What a joke

Precious Putin Perspective Thread.....you have it ...use it ...what's the problem no good Putin news lately?

oh that's right you are in this thread to talk about me ....so many off topic posts so little time...little time...did I say little time?

it seems you have all the time in the world to discuss me

OFF TOPIC POSTS ....YOU ALL TAKE THE CAKE!

talking about mine off topic posts all the while you all are making off topic posts about my off topic posts ....you all are such a riot! :P

or are you just going to complain about me as usual ....that's all you got ...just because you repeat something over and over and over does not make it true but you are sooooo in love with your story can't help yourself but to tell it over and over and over again ..you just can't quit me babe can you? So odd that you have to continually obsessively tell the same story... is it because you really don't have anything else to talk about?

I ain't going anywhere anytime soon...but if you want to continue to make this thread all about you and complain about me go right ahead...feel free .....peacocks love to strut I understand

no Putin wouldn't poison anyone....WHAT A JOKE!

Russian Mafia in bed with Wall Street, CEO says
Post by Jeff » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:02 pm
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16511

POISON IN THE SYSTEM
When a financier dropped dead in Britain shortly after exposing a vast Russian crime, police said it was not suspicious. But with his inquest now underway, BuzzFeed News has uncovered explosive evidence of a suspected Kremlin assassination plot – and a secret assignation in Paris on the eve of his death – that the British authorities have sidelined.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40564

From Russia With Blood

The Man Who Knew Too Much

The Secrets Of The Spy In The Bag
After the dead body of an MI6 spy was found locked in a sports bag in London, police said the death was “probably an accident” – but British and American spy agencies have secret intelligence suggesting Gareth Williams may have been assassinated over highly sensitive work on Russia.

Internet Trolls Really Are Horrible People
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37744

Why Do People Apologize For Russia?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36843

Russia Biggest Cybersecurity Firm Head Arrested For Treason
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40330

Who Poisoned Alexander Litvinenko? Radioactive thallium link
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9355

Putin's Troll Factories
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39183

Everything you need to know about Felix Sater
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40670

13 Russian Nationals Indicted by Grand Jury
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40854

Mueller Charges Lawyer With Lying in Russia Probe
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40863

US Punishes Russia for Election Hacking Ejecting Operatives
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40266

The people who run the NRA have been sniffing jet fuel and everything makes so much sense now.

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion