Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: High Weirdness in 2018 and Beyond

Postby Rory » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:55 pm

Russia hacked High Weirdness. And you love Trump and Putin if you say otherwise
Rory

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:58 pm

82_28 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:13 am wrote:Yeah yeah. Unless something highly weird happens with all that let's keep this thread on topic. I shouldn't have made an overture to derail this into a trump thread. Norton didn't, I sort of did by reacting. My bad.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:21 pm

Rory » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:55 am wrote:Russia hacked High Weirdness. And you love Trump and Putin if you say otherwise

Let's please keep this bullshit out of my thread Rory.

I started it specifically to discuss non-political topics.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:26 pm

From a decade-old RI thread: What Sorenson witnessed (half a world away, in the Andaman islands) ties in with what Ott reported about Maria Sabina and her mourning for "the lost domain":

MacCruiskeen » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:45 am wrote:Joe and geogeo: Do you guys know this extraordinary essay on "The Collapse of Preconquest Consciousness", by the anthropologist E. Richard Sorenson?

I'm out, back from the Andaman where I've just been through an experience I'll not soon forget. Only by pure chance did I happen to be there when their extraordinary intuitive mentality gave up the ghost right in front of me, in an inconceivable overwhelming week. I'm almost wrecked myself...

http://qlipoth.blogspot.com/2007/06/pre ... sness.html

Painful reading, but it ties in with your thoughts on telepathy and the Western ego.

On Edit: There's a longer extract in this RI thread, also from 2008:

The Collapse of Preconquest Consciousness

viewtopic.php?t=18514&p=193126
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby elfismiles » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:30 pm

I know I'm not the only one to speculate about the pollution of Sheldrakian Morphogenic Fields / Psychedelic Channels ... I've often thought it likely that, as more and more people "tune in" to certain psychedelic morphic fields, that those channels of information (being intimately tied to the consciousness of those tapping into them) get infected with the pathos of those sojourners into strange realms.

MacCruiskeen » 27 Apr 2018 16:36 wrote:Months ago I thought of starting a thread called "The strange death of High Weirdness", because it appears to have expired.

Somewhere in Jonathan Ott's Pharmacotheon, he quotes Maria Sabina, lamenting that after Western tourists had started turning up in increasing numbers to her village and essentially pestering her for a quick fix, the spirits of the mushroom -- los niños, the children, "the dear sweet little ones" -- began to lose their power and virtue, would no longer speak clearly to her, and eventually vanished. Communication breakdown. A lifetime of daily connection with magic was ended. The visions were gone. She was bereft. <snip>
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby dada » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:36 pm

elfismiles wrote:I know I'm not the only one to speculate about the pollution of Sheldrakian Morphogenic Fields / Psychedelic Channels ... I've often thought it likely that, as more and more people "tune in" to certain psychedelic morphic fields, that those channels of information (being intimately tied to the consciousness of those tapping into them) get infected with the pathos of those sojourners into strange realms.

MacCruiskeen » 27 Apr 2018 16:36 wrote:Months ago I thought of starting a thread called "The strange death of High Weirdness", because it appears to have expired.

Somewhere in Jonathan Ott's Pharmacotheon, he quotes Maria Sabina, lamenting that after Western tourists had started turning up in increasing numbers to her village and essentially pestering her for a quick fix, the spirits of the mushroom -- los niños, the children, "the dear sweet little ones" -- began to lose their power and virtue, would no longer speak clearly to her, and eventually vanished. Communication breakdown. A lifetime of daily connection with magic was ended. The visions were gone. She was bereft. <snip>

I think of this as one aspect of the colonization of the unconscious. Another aspect is the way the creative mind is clogged with the characters and archetypes of mass consumer and academic culture.

I've probably said this here before, that I feel that working "Western magic" is like hiking the well-worn paths of a tourist trap. Communication with anything worth communicating with in the Western traditions is a kind of mission impossible bit, deactivating alarms and electric fences, avoiding lasers and sneaking past guards, to the spaces beyond.

I wonder if there's a clue in this analogy, as to where to contact high weirdness in this day and age. Perhaps we aren't looking in the right places. The high weirdness may be hiding deeper in the vast, uncharted areas of the unconscious, now. Not as easy to come in contact with as it once was. Off the beaten paths, not accessible through the traditional ways. Establishing new contact would no longer be a matter of using established methods, but finding the courage to bravely explore spaces with no maps, standardized techniques, or the inner and outer tools and tech which worked before. Expecting that the strange will not reveal itself to just anyone, especially not those who have even a whiff of thrill-seeker, consumer, or collector of rare birds. It will be more discerning. Searching for it isn't like tracking an animal or a god, it is way more intelligent than that, and it has learned.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon May 07, 2018 6:26 pm

From last October:

'Sweating' blood: mysterious case leaves Canadian experts searching for answers
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/23/sweating-blood-hematohidrosis-canada

The condition reported by an Italian woman prompted experts to investigate, leading them to about two dozen similar cases worldwide in the past 15 years

Ashifa Kassam in Toronto
@ashifa_k
Mon 23 Oct 2017 21.04 BST

Christ on the Mount of Olives, by Wolfgang Sauber. The condition of ‘sweating’ blood is often referenced in association with Christianity, an expert noted. Photograph: Wolfgang Sauber/Creative Commons

The case left doctors perplexed: a 21-year-old Italian woman with no gashes or skin lesions arrived at a medical ward, where she described years of sweating blood from her face and the palms of her hands.

The bleeding would often start while she was sleeping or during physical activity and could last anywhere from one to five minutes. While the intensity of the bleeding seemed to increase with stress, she couldn’t single out any obvious trigger.

Her condition has been documented by two physicians from the University of Florence in Italy in the latest issue of the Canadian Medical Association Journal.

The condition – which had begun about three years before she sought medical help – had taken a toll on her mental health, wrote doctors Roberto Maglie and Marzia Caproni. “Our patient had become socially isolated owing to embarrassment over the bleeding and she reported symptoms consistent with major depressive disorder and panic disorder.”

They prescribed her anti-anxiety medications, but the bleeding continued. After a round of tests and observations ruled out the possibility that she was faking the condition, she was diagnosed with hematohidrosis, a rarely reported condition in which patients spontaneously sweat blood through unbroken skin.

Doctors treated her with propranolol, a heart and blood pressure medication, which reduced the bleeding but failed to eliminate it completely.

Jacalyn Duffin, the Canadian medical historian and haematologist who wrote a commentary that accompanies the report, said she was initially sceptical. “My first thought was, is this real? Could it be fake?” The mystery deepened after she canvassed her senior haematology colleagues and found that not one of them had ever come across such a case.

Duffin then delved into the medical literature, managing to turn up more than two dozen similar cases reported around the world in the past 15 years or so.

In many of these, researchers had carefully documented the tests they had carried out to eliminate the possibility of other bleeding disorders and the evidence they had found to suggest the presence of blood in the sweat ducts. “I came to the conclusion that it’s plausible and that it’s possible,” said Duffin.

The majority of these cases involved young women or children. Many of the reports documented that the bleeding was preceded by emotional trauma, such as witnessing violence at home or at school. In all of the patients, the condition was transient, lasting anywhere from a month to four years.

Little else – from its causes to how to halt the bleeding – is known, said Duffin.
Some have hypothesised the condition could be caused by blood coagulation disorders or a rupture of the smaller blood vessels within tissues.

‘I began to wonder if one of the reasons journals don’t publish it, or are a little bit leery of it, is because it has kind of been owned by religious sources,’ Duffin said. Photograph: CMAJ

While Duffin found references of the condition stretching back to the writings of Aristotle, the condition – described in one report as a “kind of modern-day stigmata” – is often referenced alongside Christianity and the crucifixion, an association that may make it more difficult to accept, she noted.

“Blood is so pervasive – in not only religious mythology, but all mythology – that it makes people sort of think twice,” she said. “I began to wonder if one of the reasons journals don’t publish it, or are a little bit leery of it, is because it has kind of been owned by religious sources.”

This could be slowly changing. Of the 42 reports Duffin came across, almost half had appeared in the last five years, raising questions as to whether the incidence of the condition is increasing or whether it’s simply becoming more recognised by doctors.

This latest report might also help to shine a spotlight the condition, noted Duffin. She said she had already heard from one man who believed his relative – a returning war veteran with PTSD – might also be afflicted.

“The reason that I think it’s possible that there might be more out there than we know is that it seems that, although it’s spectacular, it’s benign,” she said. “In all of these cases I dug out – the 42 case reports – the patients all survived. They’re terrified because it’s really frightening to have this happen, but it seems to be quite innocuous as a symptom.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... sis-canada
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Burnt Hill » Mon May 07, 2018 7:13 pm

It is weird, and rare, but there is nothing mystical about it.
Our bodies do lots of weird things!

HEMATOHIDROSIS – A RARE CLINICAL PHENOMENON

Hematohidrosis also known as Hematidrosis, hemidrosis and hematidrosis, is a condition in which capillary blood vessels that feed the sweat glands rupture, causing them to exude blood, occurring under conditions of extreme physical or emotional stress.[1] Manonukul et al. proposed the term “hematofolliculohidrosis” because it appeared along with sweat-like fluid and the blood exuded via the follicular canals.[5]

Various causative factors have been suggested by Holoubek, like component of systemic disease, vicarious menstruation, excessive exertion, psychogenic, psychogenic purpura, and unknown cause.[5]

Acute fear and intense mental contemplation are the most frequent causes, as reported in six cases in men condemned to execution, a case occurring during the London blitz, a case involving fear of being raped, a case of fear of a storm while sailing, etc.[6] In our case, the probable cause for hematohidrosis was chronic stress, as the other causes were ruled out by detailed investigations. Hysterical mechanisms and psychosomatic disorders are also believed to induce bleeding.[6] Psychogenic purpura is supposed to be caused by hypersensitivity to the patients' own blood or autoerythrocyte sensitization and is characterized by repeated crops of ecchymoses, gastrointestinal bleedings, and hematuria.

Another type of bleeding through skin is psychogenic stigmata; a term used to signify areas of scars, open wounds or bleeding through the unbroken skin. Patients belonging to this group were found to be frequently neurotic.The clinical findings of this type are a slight elevation of skin before prolonged oozing of blood, a peasized bluish discoloration on patient's palm and erysipelas-like lesion. Copeland reported a patient who developed bleedings from her old scars whenever she had serious anxiety.[6]

The etiopathogenesis according to Dr. Frederick Zugibe is that multiple blood vessels which are present in a net-like form around the sweat gland constrict under pressure of stress. As the anxiety increases, the blood vessels dilate to the point of rupture. The blood goes into the sweat glands, which push it along with sweat to the surface, presenting as droplets of blood mixed with sweat. The extravasated blood has identical cell components as that of peripheral blood. The severe mental anxiety activates the sympathetic nervous system to invoke the stress-fight or flight reaction to such a degree as to cause hemorrhage of the vessels supplying the sweat glands into the ducts of the sweat glands. Effect on the body is weakness and mild to moderate dehydration from the severe anxiety and both blood and sweat loss.[7] Manonukul et al. has recently proposed that there may be some defects in the dermis causing stromal weakness. These defects will communicate with vascular spaces in the dermis and they will eventually dilate and enlarge as blood-filled spaces when the blood comes in. After that, they will exude the blood out by either via follicular canals or directly on to the skin surface and this will occur whenever the positive pressure inside is enough. Afterwards, they will collapse leaving no scar. This phenomenon acts like a balloon, waxes and wanes and thus explains why these bleedings are sometimes intermittent and self-limiting. Immediate biopsy is important because a late biopsy, after these spaces collapse, will not help in identifying them.[6] Skin pathohistological study by Zhang et al. revealed some intradermal bleeding and emphraxised (obstructed) capillaries. No abnormality was found in sweat glands, hair follicles, and sebaceous glands. They concluded that pathological basis for hematohidrosis might be a distinctive vasculitis.[7]

Biopsy in our patient done during remission did not reveal any blood filled vascular spaces, intradermal bleeding, obstructed capillaries or abnormality in hair follicle, sebaceous or sweat glands.

Diagnosis of hematohidrosis is by Benzidine test in which hemoglobin in blood reacts with hydrogen peroxide liberating oxygen, which then reacts with organic reagent producing a green to blue coloured compound. Hemochromogen test confirms that the blood is of human origin. In this test, pyridine causes reduction of hamoglobin resulting in characteristic salmon-pink crystals of pyridine hemoglobin observable under microscope.

Unique features of our case include localised involvement of the abdominal area, hitherto unreported. Excellent recovery on psychiatric counselling highlights the relationship between psychogenic causes and hematohidrosis.
Burnt Hill

Postby Burnt Hill » Mon May 07, 2018 7:37 pm

The links between our mental and physical health are finally being explored appropriately.

Child who presented with hematohidrosis (sweating blood) with oppositional defiant disorder.

Abstract
Hematohidrosis is a very rare condition of sweating blood. A child's case who presented to us with hematohidrosis is reported. There are only few reports in the literature. A 10-year-old boy presented to our hospital with a history of repeated episodes of oozing of blood from navel, eyes, ear lobules, and nose. During the examination, it disappeared as soon as it was mopped leaving behind no sign of trauma only to reappear within a few seconds. Bleeding time, clotting time, and prothrombin time were normal. Patient was diagnosed with hematohidrosis and oppositional defiant disorder clinically. Management of this condition at our center is discussed below.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25316941
Burnt Hill

Postby Burnt Hill » Tue May 08, 2018 2:20 am

What do you think of this theory DrEvil?

But now scientists think the unusual lights could be formed by a natural ‘battery’ buried deep underground, created by metallic minerals reacting with a sulphurous river running through it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2632650/Has-mystery-glowing-Norwegian-orbs-solved-Expert-claims-underground-battery-creates-amazing-light-show.html

DrEvil » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:13 pm wrote:Not strictly high weirdness, as it's almost certainly some sort of natural phenomena, but they're setting up a new research station to study the Hessdalen lights. It will be permanently manned with graduate students for the next 7-8 years if I remember correctly (my sources were all in Norwegian, so I can't be bothered to go dig them up. If someone really wants them I can have a look).
Burnt Hill

Postby cptmarginal » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:18 am

Bump.

DrEvil » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:25 pm wrote:^^Here's the homepage(s) of the currently ongoing research project on the Hessdalen lights by the Østfold university college:

http://hessdalen.hiof.no/station/
http://www.hessdalen.org/index_e.shtml

Their english is dodgy and the livecams need Flash installed. The pictures in the sidebar also have short videos of the lights, starting in 2017. The older stuff is just pictures.

Happened to see this:

cptmarginal

Postby DrEvil » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:53 pm

Burnt Hill » Tue May 08, 2018 8:20 am wrote:What do you think of this theory DrEvil?

But now scientists think the unusual lights could be formed by a natural ‘battery’ buried deep underground, created by metallic minerals reacting with a sulphurous river running through it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2632650/Has-mystery-glowing-Norwegian-orbs-solved-Expert-claims-underground-battery-creates-amazing-light-show.html

DrEvil » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:13 pm wrote:Not strictly high weirdness, as it's almost certainly some sort of natural phenomena, but they're setting up a new research station to study the Hessdalen lights. It will be permanently manned with graduate students for the next 7-8 years if I remember correctly (my sources were all in Norwegian, so I can't be bothered to go dig them up. If someone really wants them I can have a look).

Sorry, I missed this the first time around. It sounds plausible to my layman ears, but I'm really not qualified to make any kind of judgement as to it's actual plausibility. What I am reasonably sure of is that it's a physical phenomenon of some sort (pictures, it shows up on radar, they've measured the temperature etc.), but that's it. Everything else is pure speculation on my part.

Could be natural, could be fairies (our local historian was adamant to his dying day that they were real and that he'd met them. As a kid he used to listen to their music coming out of the ground) or something else entirely. My default position is unexplained natural phenomenon, but I really don't know.

It would be interesting to see a comparison of geological features between Hessdalen and other areas with similar lights. Same goes for local legends and myths.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Worth noting the geotectonic theory isn't that new -- Michael "God Helmet" Persinger had written multiple books about that before the final cut of E.T. was done.

His '77 opus, which I perhaps spent too much on, "Space-Time Transients and Unusual Events" lays out the technical details and emerging questions that shaped his theory, and then 1980's "The Weather Matrix and Human Behavior" sums it all up.

Worth noting as well that Persinger did contract work for spooks and weapons conglomerates throughout his career, and the entire "God Helmet" flap smacks of an op in and of itself.

All that said, the geotectonic theory is also a great way to get traction with the rationalist/skeptic crowd, who would love to use it as a cudgel if only they could get the pesky fuckin' data to fit it better. I've had this brought up in dozens of conversations with my better-educated superiors now, although none of them seemed to have read much about it, nor thought it through much.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby coffin_dodger » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:43 pm

All that said, the geotectonic theory is also a great way to get traction with the rationalist/skeptic crowd, who would love to use it as a cudgel if only they could get the pesky fuckin' data to fit it better. I've had this brought up in dozens of conversations with my better-educated superiors now, although none of them seemed to have read much about it, nor thought it through much.

Just looked at 'geotectonic theory' and as far as can be found, it appears to be another name for 'plate tectonics' which is the (I believe) mainstream understanding of how one of the many things work. If the skeptic crowd were able to get the data to fit better, how would they use it against the mainstream narrative? Or is geotectonic theory something completely different? I'm keen to know because this intersects tangentially with something I'm interested in.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:45 pm

Meaning "UFOs are electromagnetic transients caused by geotectonic pressure and not alien craft"

This is essentially upscale "ball lightning." No idea what "the mainstream narrative" would even be in this area.
Wombaticus Rex

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion