Who Wore It Better? Anti-Christ Edition!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Who Wore It Better? Anti-Christ Edition!

Postby Jerky » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:20 am

Bonus round question: "What have you done to his EEEEYYYYEEES?!?"

Credit where it's due: Jeff Wells brought this image to my attention over on Facebook ts morning!

Cheers!
yer old pal Jerky
Jerky

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Who Wore It Better? Anti-Christ Edition!

Postby elfismiles » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:42 am

Oh wow! I saw this on FB but totally didn't see the context of the dress... D'Oh!
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby peartreed » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:48 am

Rosemary's baby wasn't quite as cute as Kate's, but the maternal fashion choice match gives me the creeps!
peartreed

Postby Cordelia » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:31 pm

For the fashion industry, Harpers Bizarre:

Kate Middleton Accidentally Wore a Dress from Rosemary's Baby for Prince Louis' Debut

At least we hope it was an accident.

By Lyndsey Matthews
Apr 27, 2018

When Kate Middleton appeared just hours after giving birth to Prince Louis Arthur Charles on Monday, April 23, in front of the Lindo Wing at St. Mary's hospital wearing a red Jenny Packham dress, people were quick to draw comparisons to the outfit Princess Diana wore after giving birth to Prince Harry in 1983.

How could you blame them? The bold red color paired with a white Peter Pan collar seemed to directly mirror the style of the late princess, as the Duchess of Cambridge has done time and time again throughout the years.

But while everyone was comparing Kate Middleton to Princess Diana, they missed the fact that Kate Middleton's bespoke Jenny Packham frock is nearly a direct replica of a dress Rosemary Woodhouse wears in the 1968 horror film Rosemary's Baby.

It wasn't until later in the week that eagle-eyed Twitter users noticed the "discomforting" similarities of the dress Kate Middleton wore on Monday to a dress Mia Farrow wore in the movie, right down to the floral lace collar.

Considering that Mia Farrow's character in the movie is impregnated with Satan's child by a coven of witches, the similarities are eerie and completely unsettling if you think about what it could possibly say about the newborn prince.
While obviously the doppleganger dresses are just an uncanny and even unfortunate coincidence, one Twitter user couldn't help but hope that the dress choice was on purpose and reveals a dark side to Kate Middleton's sense of humor.

In fact, this isn't the first time the Duchess of Cambridge has drawn comparisons to Rosemary's Baby. At Princess Charlotte's 2015 christening, the mother of three pushed her daughter into the church in a retro-style pram that brought to mind the stroller on the iconic movie poster.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity ... incidence/

Guy, She Stole My Dress!
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby BenDhyan » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Kate's wearing of that dress I would presume is an accident. And speaking of Rosemary's Baby, one is reminded that the wife of the producer Roman Polanski, Sharon Tate, was eight months pregnant when murdered by Charles Manson's satanic supporters. Weird..

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby Cordelia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:10 pm

BenDhyan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:01 am wrote:Kate's wearing of that dress I would presume is an accident. And speaking of Rosemary's Baby, one is reminded that the wife of the producer Roman Polanski, Sharon Tate, was eight months pregnant when murdered by Charles Manson's satanic supporters. Weird..

I'm not sure it's an accident.....they must have a royal stable of haute couture clothiers whose jobs include preventing fashion gaffes. Or maybe the imprisoned Kate's sending out SOS hints that she's in need of rescue from the Royal Coven the only way she can, through wardrobe and props.
:wink

Anyway, the English Royals have a long history of wicked, nefarious pursuits and modern versions of neck ruffs (worn by another Elizabeth) are pearls and Rosemary/Kate peter pan collars.

ImageImage

Also, Roman Polanski's a diabolical rapist himself and remembered that prior to impregnating Tate, he directed her in 'Fearless Vampire Killers'.

The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Return to General Discussion