CONGRATULATIONS to the Triumvirate!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to the Triumvirate!

Postby Elvis » Sun May 06, 2018 8:54 pm

Burnt Hill wrote:Because the larger picture is often photo shopped.

Okay, please watch the Carla Ortiz video and ask yourself whose big picture is "photoshopped" i.e. manufactured to look like something it's not.

I pick "B"
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Burnt Hill » Sun May 06, 2018 8:57 pm

Yeah videos are tough for me.
No transcript? I mean if you want it discussed? I read better than I watch.
Burnt Hill

Postby Burnt Hill » Sun May 06, 2018 9:03 pm

And regardless of what Carla Ortiz says - critical thinking requires you to examine and question why you come to the conclusions you come to.
That video may be a part of the picture and a truth on its own.
That does not make any conclusions drawn from it absolute truths in regards to the entire situation.
We never see the complete picture, do we??
And I must no longer speak on a video I have not watched!
Burnt Hill

Postby Elvis » Sun May 06, 2018 9:07 pm

Burnt Hill wrote:Yeah videos are tough for me.
No transcript? I mean if you want it discussed? I read better than I watch.

Okay, I'll try to make a summary, and maybe try to condense the video part of the evidence; the latter is not likely soon since I have to leave town any moment and go help care for/resettle my 80 year-old mom who after an ER trip this week can't live alone any more. Not to interject my personal drama but that's going to put a damper on my changing the world and stuff.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun May 06, 2018 9:25 pm

A sampling of a few RAW excerpts from the video (with a focus on references to the White Helmets) -- watching the video would provide better context, however (click on the 'CC' button in Youtube to view the transcript):

Carla Ortiz:
00:34
I was in Aleppo in several locations including at the time of the Battle of Aleppo in December 2016 it was my third time but my first time on during the actual conflict zones because I was there before in the rebel-held area ... the actual liberation of Aleppo that we in the West made such a scandal saying that Aleppo was falling and Aleppo was burning and that we had to respond and that Obama had to bomb that Obama had to take action I was right there without Wi-Fi connection and all these activists that said that they were that they were on the on the east side of Aleppo, it is not true because there was no internet and they were saying that they were dying and they were, you know, getting burned. I saw the actual corridors that the Syrian army were forming with their bodies in order for people, civilians, to live. I have documented all this; I've done some live
videos about it and as people were leaving I was dumb enough at the time with my innocence I wanted to interview the famous white helmets the people that were saving them.

First of all, in Aleppo nobody knew them because they were saying, like, "no, who are they we don't know who they are", when I start showing them pictures they'll say "oh they're terrorists they're terrorists, they work with al-nusra" , they'll say, "yes they are the civil defense but of the armed groups", and they said, "they're together they work together", so then it's when I met also other journalists that have already been doing investigations about it, and I corroborated this information and I was going, oh my god why didn't I ask more questions, okay I have to get more information; I was asking permission to go, but Doumas battle was ongoing and it was not clear yet. Also you know different weapons I found in places that where being liberated, where I found also weapons that as the United States provided the groups like al-nusra which is the affiliate of al Qaeda in Syria . Not only that, but later when I went back two more times in March and then I went back again in June of 2017, I asked specifically, all this whole neighborhood, where is the main base of the white helmets? That is where they film the short film that won the Oscars in 2016, which I could not believe I was just on TV saying that it's not true and then you see all these white helmets when they told me, "they did not exist". So anyhow I went to the headquarters ... in Aleppo ... neighborhood in the white helmets headquarters

Carla Ortiz:
03:58
...basically they put posters... this is how they helped and this is how they recruit people, because, you know, they put it in the neighborhoods -- if you want to help and be in the Civil Defence, you know, if you're in the Syrian army, you get paid $50 a month to fight terrorism, and if you are a regular citizen you have to to do 16 to 18 hours of work and have two different jobs and you make fifty dollars. If you work with the white helmets or al-nusra you get $1,500 a month so for Syrians this is a lot [of money]

Carla Ortiz:
07:58
the white helmets do save people ok they do save people but they save the militants they would not treat regular civilians they treat only the terrorist groups...

Also, more info on the content of the video from a prior related thread:

Belligerent Savant » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:49 am wrote:.

peartreed » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:01 pm wrote:
Grizzly - That was a fascinating and insightful video where Carla Ortiz presents herself as the real voice of the Syrian people describing how Assad’s regime is truly liberating the actual Syrian citizenry from the enclaves under attack by all side in areas that are controlled by Jihadists from other countries, with the White Helmets, al Nusra and Al Quaeda and ISIS together bunkered in adjacent Red Crescent hospitals, abandoned schools and protected institutions neither side is allowed to bomb.

To Carla, they, together, are the real enemy of the Syrian people.

She and her host Jimmy Dore contend the CIA, Pentagon and USA/British sponsor, arm and finance the rebel Free Syrian Army and the Jihadists and Militia groups in their war against Assad/Russia and thus cause the ongoing destruction of the local population while fighting Assad’s forces. She doesn’t support Assad’s regime per se, but prefers that secular government to the Islamic foreign rebel forces responsible for raping, killing and caging Syrian citizens. They tape the testimony of fleeing Syrians filmed in the escape corridors.

Well-summarized, Peartreed.

It's criminal that U.S. Tax dollars are funnelled into what is essentially terrorist activity, resulting in the loss of civilian lives, not to mention the impact to the Syrian people's livelihood and long-term damage to infrastructure. Similar M.O. to Iraq, and later, Libya. Despicable. The destruction of another secular govt. in pursuit of power expansion.

We should apply scrutiny to any/all sources of information on this topic, but her comments are in-line with other reports (not paid for by MSM) from those on the ground.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to obtain a clear transcript of Youtube videos, but I'm pasting a raw/crude excerpt from the video Grizzly embedded, from around the 30min or so mark:

(Edited to paragraph form)
Carla Ortiz:

29:18
I mean right now it looks like Assad is winning and people are getting to be able to take back their country a little bit, and right away, they do this gas attack, so then the United States starts bombing the crap out of them. This is just unbelievable and when we tell the truth about it they're gonna call you a conspiracy theorist. Well the thing is that I dare anybody to call me a conspiracy theorist and come along with proof.
You know the footage I have, and I can back any single thing that I'm saying because I have real footage, number one; number two, I arrived in Syria for the first time in February 2016 -- the government of Syria had control only over 35% of the country the rest of the country was taken by jihadists or armed groups.
There's no space, there is no space for extremism in Syria. This is one of the reasons why Syria was always hated by some of the neighboring countries, because what people don't know is Syria is a secular state , women are protected by the Constitution there; they cannot be forced to be covered by religion nor by society; minorities are protected also much more than any other [Country in the region].
Not only that but the vice-president, and I bet nobody knows this, the vice-president of Syria is a woman, the president of the Parliament in Syria is a woman, the first judge in all of the Middle East as a woman was Syrian, and 30% of the ministries in Syria are led by women. By law, most of the principals of high school are led also by women.
That's why you can see me when I'm reporting what I'm saying I am with a t-shirt, if whether it is tight clothes or not, I am free to be however I can be. You see the reports of these two famous reporters, I don't want to smear them, from CNN, she was on the ground completely covered in Black, you could only see her eyes. This reporter was covered up in Syria and saying she was there, but I was in the area where it was already liberated from the terrorists, okay? She was in the area protected by the terrorists, you know, and asking the world for the freedom of these people, which, the freedom of these people means the imposition of fundamentalism and Sharia law.
The most important thing is that people don't know that Assad made up this law in 2006, when he discovered that some girls that were in the borders of the extremist countries were being forced by the parents to stay at home. He made this law that every single Syrian woman shall finish high school by law, otherwise she and the father will go to prison. So this was the best option to protect the women and this caused a revolution in Saudi Arabia, where women were asking for the same rights as in Syria, they were asking, why can't we all get an education or no Haram.
33:22
In the Middle East, it is a hard and complicated position for a woman. Where are all the women in the world, where all the Liberals in the world, where are all the gay and lesbians around the world standing for the right of Syrians? Syrians won't judge you or take you to prison if you're gay of course because of the society is decided by the Constitution.
Now are they gonna call me an Assad apologist? No, guess what, I don't care about Assad. Istand by the people and what the people of Syria right now want whether we like it or not it is Assad to stay in power, because they would choose him over anyother terrorists because they don't want this fundamentalism and they want to live in a country that coexist togetherin peace the way they've done for all these years.
34:34
Who are we to impose the democracy that we think is perfect that it's not even working for us and who are we to demand a change of regime because it's gonna be okay for our personal interests of the Western policy and finally we don't have to agree we don't have to like Assad we need to respect the people of Syria and we need to let them take the decision they want to take. In the last election in 2013 which was an open election and overseen by the U.S., Assad won with 78% or 82%.
It probably hurts our interests the pipelines the whole a cold war that we still have with Russia it maybe does but we've seen it -- is it right or wrong? Only the Syrians have the right to decide and so what people don't understand isif we get rid of Assad something's gonna replace him. We don't have a replacement for Assad, just like we don't have a replacement in Libya. And now Libya is a failed state, it's a haven for terrorists and there's open slave markets now, so that's what the CIA in the United States is gonna do to Syria, and the people of Syria are saying: no we don't want that, Assad is actually our leader and we'll decide who our leader is and the CIA in the United States Israel and Saudi Arabia have a different idea of who's supposed to run Syria and that's exactly what's going on and that's what they don't want us to say.

Belligerent Savant

Postby Burnt Hill » Sun May 06, 2018 9:49 pm

Thanks BS I am processing it all.
Her conspiracy theory concerns are concerning to me in a way that causes me to question where she is really coming from.
But that's my conspiracy taint.
All in all a lot I agree with in there.
But I have not drawn my own conclusion in regard to the white helmets based on her statements.
The clear picture still has shadows.
Burnt Hill

Postby Elvis » Sun May 06, 2018 10:01 pm

Belligerent Savant wrote:A sampling of a few RAW excerpts from the video

Thanks, BS! I may still write up notes. (My family now says I don't need to be there for a few days so y'all will still have my pestering presence for the interval.)

And to note, the Carla Ortiz video is only one video, and while it's more comprehensive than many, and only really talks about events in Aleppo, there's more, much more.

A lot can be discerned from this detailed timeline of original appearances of videos and photos of the Douma chemical incident: https://climateaudit.org/2018/04/24/dou ... nd-photos/
Elvis

Postby liminalOyster » Mon May 07, 2018 10:32 am

Triumvirate?
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Elvis » Mon May 07, 2018 11:19 am

liminalOyster wrote:Triumvirate?

Looks like you and me ain't in it. :crybaby
Elvis

Postby Elvis » Mon May 07, 2018 11:26 am

That unctious Vice drivel follows the familiar pattern detailed here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33717&p=657206#p657204

Also, Mods? I object to the thread title! :clown
Elvis

Postby JackRiddler » Mon May 07, 2018 11:27 am

Trump, Putin and Assad?

Or maybe it's the supposed useful idiots on the board? Elvis, me and MacC?

Jesus, Mary and Joseph?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Elvis » Mon May 07, 2018 11:33 am

At least we're useful.

JackRiddler wrote:Jesus, Mary and Joseph?

:rofl: When you're good, you're good!
Elvis

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon May 07, 2018 4:14 pm

The Triumvirate revealed

Jeff always had a thing for Louise Brooks, but Betty was teh hawt.

http://www.pathefilm.uk/95flmart/95flmartwilsonkepplebetty/95flmartwilsonkepplebetty.htm
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon May 07, 2018 4:16 pm

"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Previous

Return to General Discussion