Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Re: Julian Assange, 2018: Year 6 in Ecuador's Embassy, Londo

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:55 pm

"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Harvey » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:01 pm

Worth everybodies time.

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Elvis » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:57 am

You were not wrong...excellent, thanks. I needed to see this, I've been avoiding much detail about Assange's imprisonment, it's just so depressing. His father is such a lovely person, it's heartbreaking to hear him describe the torture of his son.

Harvey » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:01 pm wrote:Worth everybodies time.

“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Grizzly » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:43 pm

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :praybow

Shitty thing is, they’re not only torturing his dad and family but ALL of us, who care are being traumatised to various degree as we watch this horrorshow unfold. Reddit has a sub, entitled r/aboringdystopia, which I’m ambivalent about because A) it's become so normalised and B) it's just so god-damned depressing the war on some whistleblowers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ABoringDystopia/
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:06 pm

Get out the vote for Labour because Corbyn's pretty much the only chance to get Assange into a hospital and then back to Australia.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby The Consul » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:52 pm

I am no longer capable of comprehending the depth of evil being exercised by so called liberal democracies.

In video above JA's father makes key point many have spoken of here. If the story becomes all about Assange then the story about murdering innocent people, mutilating children in war crimes, massive corruption and swindles can be forgotten. T
The fascists are winning. Is there any viable counter to them?
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby DrEvil » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:04 pm

^^Chinese fascists?

It feels more and more like open democracies will end up as a blip on history's scrap heap. What we will end up with will probably be something like a "friendly" fascist surveillance state, where if you keep your head down like a good little consumer you can lead a "good" life with all your material needs met (obedience = rewards), but if you stick your head up and question the system it gets blown to bits. That's where China is heading, and more and more people seem to think it's an acceptable trade-off.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:59 am

Johnson, the UK's Arsehole-in-Chief, will now sell Julian Assange to the CIA, precisely as planned. What's to stop him? Either that or the prisoner will die, conveniently, in Belmarsh, thus sparing all those arseholes the embarrassment of having to stage an actual show-trial in the Homeland.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Grizzly » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:16 pm

36th Chaos Communication Congress – Streams

36C3 - The Case Against WikiLeaks: a direct threat to our community

How to understand this historic challenge and what we can do to defend ourselves The unprecedented charges against Julian Assange and WikiLeaks constitute the most significant threat to the First Amendment in the 21st century and a clear and present danger to investigative journalism worldwide. But they also pose significant dangers to the technical community. This panel will explain the legal and political issues we all need to understand in order to respond to this historic challenge.

We've been warning you about it for years, and now it's here. The talk will dissect the legal and political aspects of the US case against Wikileaks from an international perspective. It will describe the threats this prosecution poses to different groups and the key issues the case will raise. Most importantly, we will explain how we are still in time to act and change the course of history. The unprecedented charges against Julian Assange and WikiLeaks constitute the most significant threat to the First Amendment in the 21st century and a clear and present danger to investigative journalism worldwide. But they also pose significant dangers to the technical community, the trans community, to human rights defenders and anti-corruption campaigners everywhere. If we don't take action now, the ramifications of this case will be global, tremendously damaging and potentially irreversible in times when the need to hold the powerful to account has never been more obvious.

This is a historic moment and we need to rise to its challenge. This talk will explain the legal and political aspects of the case against WikiLeaks, the reasons why Chelsea Manning and Jeremy Hammond have been imprisoned again, the governmental interests for and against prosecution, the dynamics of UK/US extradition and what it means to prosecute Assange as Trump runs for re-election. This is a case with destructive potential like no other, with profound implications for the future of dissent, transparency, accountability and our ability to do the work we care about. The situation is frightening but it isn't hopeless: we will conclude with a guide to an effective strategy against the lawfare the journalist and technical communities are now facing courtesy of Donald Trump's DOJ. renataavila Naomi Colvin Angela Richter
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Harvey » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:34 pm

https://www.change.org/p/free-julian-assange-before-it-s-too-late-stop-usa-extradition

Phillip Adams shared an update on Free Julian Assange, before it's too late. Sign to STOP the USA Extradition Check it out and leave a comment:
Petition Update
Protest @ Assange Next Court appearance 13th Jan. 9AM Westminster Magistrates Court London.

Julian Assange will be appearing in court as part of the corrupted efforts to establish a legal precedent that a USA Extradition for execution or 175 years in prison (whichever comes first) can be applied over anybody that publishes from Britain or Europe material that exposes USA war Crimes and systemic governmental corruption. Remember they were trying to set up the situation to extradite...
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:35 pm

A great interview with Nils Melzer, who is clearly shocked, angry and very worried indeed about the sheer blatant lawlessness of the whole Assange affair and what it portends. It's quite extraordinary to hear a prominent lawyer, academic and UN official speak so frankly and unequivocally. He's a brave man, and his worries are entirely justified. I hope he drives carefully.

"A murderous system is being created before our very eyes."

A made-up rape allegation and fabricated evidence in Sweden, pressure from the UK not to drop the case, a biased judge, detention in a maximum security prison, psychological torture – and soon extradition to the U.S., where he could face up to 175 years in prison for exposing war crimes. For the first time, the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture, Nils Melzer, speaks in detail about the explosive findings of his investigation into the case of Wikileaks founder Julian Assange.

An interview by Daniel Ryser, Yves Bachmann (Photos) and Charles Hawley (Translation)

https://www.republik.ch/2020/01/31/nils ... an-assange

(kudos to the translator, who has done a very good job here)

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Harvey » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:42 am

He's certainly crafted his arguments with tremendous precision.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Previous

Return to General Discussion