something to make you happy

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

something to make you happy

Postby stickdog99 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:49 am

stickdog99

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: something to make you happy

Postby 82_28 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:46 am

It would make me happy if I had a time machine. It's actually not all that astonishing that I had never heard of Paul Pena before while I find it "astonishing" though understandable, that people have never heard of Gil Scott Heron. Urban, black music like this does indeed make me happy, but it seems like it was written in a time where there actually was hope -- an upward slope, attaining air. Right now it feels like we slammed on that last run and have to drag ourselves up to drop in for another run.

So, thank you for the introduction.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: something to make you happy

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon May 21, 2018 3:06 pm

Truly groovy song with a beautiful message.

Great to see you posting again, stickdog99! Haven't seen you around in a while; always enjoy your stuff.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Return to General Discussion