Why are there thirteen goddamn threads about the same atrosc

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Why are there thirteen goddamn threads about the same atrosc

Postby Grizzly » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:43 am

Why are there thirteen goddamn threads about the same atrocities ?
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Why are there thirteen goddamn threads about the same at

Postby 82_28 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:02 pm

What? In "Current Events"? That is what that category was created for. I agree, it could be tightened up a little but no "rule" has been broken.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby peartreed » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:18 pm

When you have a rampaging megalomaniacal sociopath as your president each one of his policies, directives and pronouncements has the domino effect of destructive impact on democracy down the line.

Former principles, standards and moral imperatives of decency that are the foundation of any civil government get consecutively destroyed, and the mayhem of chaotic, egomaniacal madness ensues.

Unless the voting public is made aware of the dire consequence of each aspect of incompetent administrative action, there cannot be responsible countermeasures.

You are witnessing the transition of the USA from the standard bearer of liberty, justice and freedom into the epitome of unchecked, fanatical fascist tyranny by one wannabe oligarch. His insatiable need for personal attention, admiration, loyalty and approval already evidences his priority motivation, followed by his unilateral sense of entitlement and right to rule empirically without criticism or challenge.

Multiple threads follow each of the multiple impacts of the Trump’s timeline of tyranny so that every consequence of his corruption becomes known and documented. Only then can intelligently and fully informed voters react with corrective action to preserve what is left of civil and decent social responsibility.
peartreed

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:44 pm

Because the solution to the long-running thread proliferation, for now, was to surrender to it altogether; and there is a member who is determined to use RI as a slightly slower mirror of every story on Google News that Rachel Maddow would approve, adding acres of familiar copy-paste. So Active Topics is done, useless, finito. Just bookmark GD and go straight to it, and object strenuously and alert any time you see new Russiagate threads or the like started in GD instead of in the new Just Like MSNBC's Twitter Feed But Slower Forum.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Grizzly » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:11 pm

"Unless the voting public "...

40 % Or more of the god-damned public doesn't even vote ...

Addendum:

" ...megalomaniacal sociopath as your president"

Please explain, when we HAVEN'T had a megalomaniacal sociopath as president.

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:03 pm

there is a member who is determined to use RI as a slightly slower mirror of every story on Google News that Rachel Maddow would approve

Oh, that's right.. I forgot about, Ms, "I'll post anything I god-damn please" "When I please, how I please" ... 8)

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby peartreed » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:20 pm

The rise of dictatorship is only possible when the electorate is indifferent, complacent about any active involvement and conditioned to expect oppressive impositions by government, bureaucracy and elected leaders holding office.

One of the most effective techniques of propaganda is repetition to the point people accept the message as given, and just part of the background noise to simply ignore.

Alarmists who try to challenge the official overt and subliminal messaging are dismissed as boring agitators trying to stir up opposition that is too weak to work. A sense of defeatism and acceptance sets in as everyday endurance to just get by despite the reigning regimen in power. “It’s not my problem.”

To combat the irritation of agitators, the establishment attacks their form of protest rather than the substance. It is denigrated as a manifestation of minority opinion and dismissed. One of the classic put-downs is stereotyping dissidents as annoying voices from the disgruntled sidelines, stuck in repetitive and predictable recycling of old and known adages – information everybody has already heard of – and doesn’t care to hear more.

That way public ambivalence and indifference and ignorance can comfortably return to normal, allowing the dictator complete control due to the citizenry’s priority of preserving normalcy and the status quo. Damn the damn dissidents.

So let's all return to the familiar trope of attacking SLAD as the source of information in sheer volume that we'd rather not see nor confront. Kill the messenger. Ignore the message. We've heard it all before. It's too much. Too uncomfortable to deal with. Let's make RI great again!
peartreed

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:31 pm

peartreed » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:18 pm wrote:You are witnessing the transition of the USA from the standard bearer of liberty, justice and freedom into the epitome of unchecked, fanatical fascist tyranny by one wannabe oligarch.

You cannot be serious. Please, pray tell, when was the last time the USA was the "standard bearer of liberty, justice and freedom" anywhere other than the imaginations of its woefully uninformed and self-righteous citizenry? Surely not 2016?
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:32 pm

peartreed » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:18 pm wrote:You are witnessing the transition of the USA from the standard bearer of liberty, justice and freedom into the epitome of unchecked, fanatical fascist tyranny by one wannabe oligarch.

"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby peartreed » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:12 pm

I made the mistake of taking the Statue of Liberty seriously, as The Lady of the Harbor representing American values on her tablet.

I guess she should be submersed into the tide of terminated ideals, along with the other sloganeering and declarations of independence.

After all, their absence allows Trump to reign triumphant. Excuse me for being old fashioned and seriously out of date. It's all my fault!

I now realize that contemporary culture requires cynicism, acceptance of acrimony and the admission that virtues are no longer in vogue.
peartreed

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:00 pm

How would you define these "virtues" and "American Values" you reference? When, in your estimation, did the U.S. (particularly its representatives) -- if ever -- actually, demonstrably carry out these virtues and values?

Statements like yours go a long way towards explaining the psychosis in a large swath of Americans (and apparently some Canadians) today. This delusion that TRUMP represents a recent trend, rather than a historical, long-standing tradition in this nation of ours. As mentioned before, TRUMP is the overt id manifestation of what this Country represents. Prior presidents simply masked the ugliness with glad hands, charm and smiles. It's not so much the RESULTS that raise objections by those of your ilk, but rather, the PRESENTATION/OPTICS of how the results are carried out.

The RESULTS have been the same for many years (domestic plebes are increasingly disenfranchized/gutted; brown-colored overseas foreigners are trampled; natural resources are plundered, etc.). The only change is in presentation. This is the change you can believe in.

(Edited to remove the reference to "citizenry en masse" in my first paragraph. An argument can be made that the majority of Americans would support 'benevolent' policies if left to their own devices, without influence from mainstream media/paid-for influencers.... but that's a big hypothetical IF; many variables would have to fall in line, chief among them consensus in an increasingly fractured populace. That said, an argument can readily be made that we've reached a point of 'no return', that we are ALL complicit in the actions of our "representatives".)
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:03 pm

I know a whole lot of decent people but I suppose you can not see them because the horse you are on is so high the clouds are blocking your sight
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:05 pm

seemslikeadream » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:03 pm wrote:I know a whole lot of decent people but I suppose you can not see them because the horse you are on is so high the clouds are blocking your sight

I know plenty of decent people as well, as do the majority reading this, I'd imagine.

How's that impact historical actions/policies undertaken on our behalf?

That aside, I've edited my earlier comment, taking your response into account.
Belligerent Savant

Postby peartreed » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:20 am

Living part of each year on my property in the USA and having many relatives and close friends there, I have developed a deep appreciation for the basic decency, human dignity and fundamental values of most American citizens I know, as well as the shared character of the majority I’ve met and interacted with there and online. Implicit in that individuality there is also an admirable, shared code of ethics and values that the better elements of the society, its history and its tenets have engendered. That includes a mostly quiet patriotism that is now being eroded.

I’m not going to be goaded into an argument with cynics in denial of that reality.

The elected and moral leaders all have had their share of faults and failures of character in the compromises and pressures of partisan power politics, as well as typically human vulnerabilities, personal flaws and vices. None have been saints nor icons of virtue. Yet the better of the lineage sacrificed a great deal for their country and its people. Their finer examples have been honored in the historical tributes, testimonials and monuments. Their lesser deeds have been recorded in notoriety and infamy too. History need not be regurgitated to illustrate all that.

The point of my posts was to acknowledge the damage now underway by the deeply disturbed demagogue now occupying the presidency and the indifference allowing him to undermine an otherwise proud tradition of world leadership and respect.
peartreed

Postby parel » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:35 am

AmeriKKKa is stolen land. There is a genocide in action, as is the case in all the british colonies today. It was never the bearer of liberty of freedom and won't be until it makes overtures to the indigenous people of that land and make amends for the violence that established that white supremacist hellhole.

Our lands will always be indigenous lands. They are not for sale and never will be. They don't belong to anyone but those who descend from the earth in question.
parel

Next

Return to General Discussion