I need to die

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: I need to die

Postby 82_28 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:13 pm

Also, it may seem impossible now and I will offer on the heels of NeonLX's wisdom, if you walk away, time changes things. Everyone told me that "time will pass and your pain won't be as strong one day". I didn't believe them. It seemed impossible. But I held on through many unconditional friendships (which you have here right now if in need of) and yes time does "heal". The pain will totally lessen through the perspective of your experiences.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby NeonLX » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:18 pm

It really does get better with time, as 82_28 says. I ain't kidding!
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby BenDhyan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:42 pm

Suicide may end the opportunity to experience future sorrows for the life cut short, but it also ends the opportunity for future joys. It also ruins all of the potential future joys of family members and friends with whom you would otherwise share. Dig deep my friend, the dark episode always passes, you can put that in the bank, as many times it may return, it will again always pass, and like the pendulum that eventually find a place of equilibrium, peace comes with the wisdom of finding balance in life.
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby 82_28 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:53 am

So, how we feelin', Blue? Don't leave us hanging. We're hanging with you. It's totally not a problem as far as my concern capacity is, please reach out to those who have offered to chat. I obviously include myself. I can't get this off my mind. I keep refreshing the page. No you're not going to "snap out of it", but friends can help bend it until it does snap out of it. You reached out here and we are not going to let you down.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Elvis » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:06 am

Blue, I'll speak frankly, all those folks who survived jumping Golden Gate—every one of 'em said the moment they stepped off that bridge, they thought, "shit. that was stupid! I wish I hadn't done that!"

You've got friends here, hit one of us up with a call. The universe provides.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Grizzly » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:07 am

No. you need to LIVE.
A Zen Approach to Depression
https://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/therese-borchard-sanity-break/a-zen-approach-to-depression/

Extra:
10 Calming Mantras That Can Ease Depression
https://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/therese-borchard-sanity-break/10-calming-mantras-that-can-ease-depression/

Your talking permanent solution to temporary problems. Stop.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby liminalOyster » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:19 am

Listen to Mississippi John Hurt. Have a great cup of coffee. Do something that makes you cry for its simple beauty. Go watch kids being dumb and sweet. Remember yourself as a kid. Imagine never seeing a summertime storm again. Or a rainbow. Think of the profound and extreme power you have in being kind to someone who is angry or miserable. That you might be able to stop their thoughts for even a second and so change their day or life. Go to the store and buy some seeds. Plant. Water. Wait. Magic.

-------

The Jewel

There is this cave
In the air behind my body
That nobody is going to touch:
A cloister, a silence
Closing around a blossom of fire.
When I stand upright in the wind,
My bones turn to dark emeralds.”

― James Wright,
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby cptmarginal » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:17 am

Something that really works: the Wim Hof method. Effective in transforming emotional suffering for people of all sorts, when words no longer suffice and advice only makes it worse. Actually doing the simple breath cycles and taking cold showers will lead to inescapable results, and it is something that should be investigated by anyone seeking real relief from pain of all kinds.
cptmarginal

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:05 am

Blue please let someone at RI know how you are doing this morning.... we are all thinking of you and are concerned :hug1:
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Heaven Swan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:17 am

No, Blue.. please don’t act on these feelings. How you’re feeling now will pass.

If there is hate directed at you from family, you can get away from them, heal yourself and rebuild your life. If you can’t get away now you could try this technique for dealing with emotionally manipulative people: (narcissists, alcoholics and garden variety abusive people)

Observe don’t Absorb

It has worked for me recently with an emotionally manipulative alcoholic that I can’t cut off just yet.
"When IT reigns, I’m poor.” Mario
Heaven Swan

Postby Blue » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:24 am

I'm sorry for my public meltdown. The vampires nearly drained me. One more step and I could have left this shithole world behind me.

But seeing real people at RI of all freaking places respond with such kindness has helped me.

Thanks, friends, for having my back this time.
Blue

Postby BenDhyan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:31 am

...and always
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby Heaven Swan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:31 am

So great to hear you’re okay, Blue.
The world needs you!
"When IT reigns, I’m poor.” Mario
Heaven Swan

Postby Cordelia » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:45 am

Blue, I'm glad you found your way through a dark night. I think I understand how you can feel hopeless 'in this vast & seemingly endless wasteland. From what I can 'know' of you from the thoughts you share here, you're a deeply empathetic, caring person and so, valuable.

I'm so glad this community is full of caring people. :hug1:

:praybow
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:29 am

The fact that you're talking about it is good. I don't think you really wanted to leave, but that you felt at that time it's your only option. Don't ever give up your power. While the past may create the future, it doesn't have to define it for each of us individually because we decide what it means. Even if we cannot change our situation, we can change our state of mind. We have that power although it may be difficult to get ourselves to use it. People have used their power to survive the most horrific circumstances, sometimes for many years, and they have emerged stronger than ever. The more we use our power, the more it grows and we become the creators we were intended to be. So don't sell yourself short. You, too, have the power to change the way you perceive your life and experiences in order to gain the strength to endure the trying times. We have the choice not to take crap personally or believe what others say or do is about us, because it isn't. Nothing anyone else says or does has anything at all to do with you. No, instead, it's a reflection of their own mind. Everyone is like a mirror and when we look at each other what we really see is ourselves. So, if family or anyone says or does something shitty to you, you don't have to take it personally or react to it emotionally because it isn't about you. You are the one who creates your own self-worth. Don't let anyone's bullshit bring you down. Glad you're feeling better now. I experience such episodes more often than I would like, so I do understand how it feels.

:hug1:
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion