Oh my dear, sweet Jesus Christ...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Oh my dear, sweet Jesus Christ...

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:15 pm

Yes, Jerky, it was directed at you but you have in the meantime wised up about it. Still, dude, as a writer you should have spotted the problems with that copy from miles away, not just the mistakes. (Just a bit of self-aggrandizement but I am really fucking good at spotting fakes. Or I should say, I almost never get a false positive - though who knows how many we all miss?)

And no, SORRY EVERYONE, there was no significance whatever to my mentioning a truly unrelated PM. I was just being very lazy about one-stop task fulfilment, and look-see where that gets you, even more work.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby dada » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:41 pm

Still, this strict definition of the term 'fakes' avoids the poverty of genuineness in the publishing industry as a whole. A 'genuine published work' certainly doesn't mean it isn't a fake.

A thread about a fake quote about ghosts written by an author known to employ ghostwriters would seem to be as good a thread as any to address that topic. But on the other hand it is a highly disturbing fact of life that is best not touched, if we wish to allow our badly built society to stay propped up on its stilts. The publishing industry is like the proverbial sausage factory in that way; you really don't want to know what goes into this process, or you may never eat another sausage again.

So I do understand, everyone is afraid of the whole shithouse coming down. Therefore I'll drop it.

It's alright, Jack, I know you guys were talking in private about the extreme badassery of mah full-spectrum purra of poetic domination, endless endurance, an' straight up sexy 'peal.

But please don't play the lazy card. I mean, at least you didn't play the 'haggard and overworked, exhausted and pressed for time' card. That's the worst excuse to use on the internet. First, the person making that excuse is insulting everyone else that is overworked, exhausted and pressed for time. More importantly it's shirking responsibility for one's actions, like not doing one's homework and blaming the dog. If you're that tired, just go to sleep. Post again when you're feeling refreshed and bringing your a-game. It's alright, you don't need to post about it, this isn't social media.

Laziness is better excuse, I might let that slide for some. But not for you. Jackriddler.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby Jerky » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:59 pm

Gotta admit, I'm pretty fucking lazy most of the time. At least since my forced retirement. I sometimes look back at the amount of (allow me the hubris) quality output I used to produce on a daily basis and wonder... how the hell did I ever manage that?

Being in the right place at the right time, 16 hour work days, and an obsessive compulsive disorder that's nearly killed me twice, is the sad answer.

But hey, I managed to get recognition from some of my lifelong heroes, plus a wide readership and a very nice paycheck... it was nice while it lasted.

Jerky
Jerky

Previous

Return to General Discussion