10 Pipe Bombs Sent to Prominent Democrats, Trump critics

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: 10 Pipe Bombs Sent to Prominent Democrats, Trump critics

Postby Elvis » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:24 pm

Okay, we got three Alerts saying Slad's last three posts in this thread are off-topic. Personally, I think they add context to Cesar Sayoc's possible motives for his (so far) alleged sending of pipe bombs to Trump critics. Trump's goading of his rabid base shouldn't be ignored, ever, and it's relevant to this thread. So my inclination is "No action taken" beyond this reply.

That said, let's not get too far afield of the topic, and allow one another to probe the depths wherever they lead. If it's "Gladio," what are the specific signs? Simply asserting "always Gladio" isn't all that rigorous; broken souls can and do act on their own.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:48 pm

shall I repost all the off topic posts made by others in this thread that I DID NOT alert on?

on edit ....can we just move on..please?
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:59 pm

Elvis » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 pm wrote:Okay, we got three Alerts saying Slad's last three posts in this thread are off-topic.

Not agreeing with the alert on MacC that I see just got posted, at all. But also not with these. Incitements to violence against a consistent list of targets have been central to pretty much every Trump speech since the first campaign announcement in 2015. And a blindly loyal following or fandom or cult has formed around him who scream with thrills in every single instance. If there a case is to be made here that Sayoc is some kind of robot or patsy (for which I think you posted that MC comment?), there is also a case that he and many of the other outbreaks of deadly right-wing violence are a logical consequence of the increase in confused fascist or semi-fascist thinking glorifying violence as an end in itself and the catalyzing effect of Trump's behavior.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Elvis » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:27 pm

1. I myself think this is far most likely:

JackRiddler wrote: that he and many of the other outbreaks of deadly right-wing violence are a logical consequence of the increase in confused fascist or semi-fascist thinking glorifying violence as an end in itself and the catalyzing effect of Trump's behavior.

2. That said, I think it's less likely, but possible:

JackRiddler wrote: that Sayoc is some kind of robot or patsy (for which I think you posted that MC comment?)

I posted the MC link and commment because it's a known MO. Who knows?—maybe Team Trump has MC programmers on board. And why wouldn't they? It's better to be alert to these possibilities than to dismiss them offhand. (Not forgetting 1. above).
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:20 pm

Point being, given my #1 that you quote, that SLAD's last three posts (about Trump incitements to violence) were relevant and not a reason for complaint, so I'm glad you agreed.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:50 am

there is a long list over 100 people that the MAGA BOMBER might have sent pipe bombs to

the bombs were sent to instill FEAR

AN ACT OF TERROR

he probably didn't want to blow himself up while making them in his VAN! maybe that's why they were not meant to go off

another package was just found at CNN Atlanta...that's the third sent to the MSM enemy of trump

Third Suspicious Package Sent to CNN Intercepted in Atlanta
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ta-1155839
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:29 pm

It occurs to me that, given a lone perp, sending persuasive toy bombs is just as effective as sending real ones. It only need be persuasive enough to set off a first alarm. It would get the same media, create the same panic, and kill exactly the same number of targets (given that real bombs would have never killed any of the individual targets but only employees in mailrooms or secretaries' offices). Assuming the near certainty of capture, arguing these were always meant to be toy bombs can serve as a mitigating circumstance at sentencing. This guy doesn't seem that smart, but his lawyer can go with that.

JackRiddler

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:49 pm

JackRiddler » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:59 pm wrote:
Elvis » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 pm wrote:Okay, we got three Alerts saying Slad's last three posts in this thread are off-topic.

Not agreeing with the alert on MacC that I see just got posted, at all.

Where, exactly? For what, exactly? And how can you (or anyone) see this?
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Elvis » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:07 pm

MacCruiskeen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:49 am wrote:
JackRiddler » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:59 pm wrote:

Not agreeing with the alert on MacC that I see just got posted, at all.

Where, exactly? For what, exactly? And how can you (or anyone) see this?

Yeah, how does a non-mod see an Alert was posted? Just curious, not sure it matters, although Alert anonymity should remain intact. Short answer will do, then—

:backtotopic:

Love you all, play nice.
Elvis

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:20 pm

Ooof, it's just a misstatement. You said there were three alerts against SLAD for three posts detailing Trump's constant incitements to commit violence, as off-topic. I said this was ridiculous, defending these three posts by SLAD as self-evidently relevant. (I know, unusual for me.) THAT cross-posted with SLAD complaining that she would have alerted about a certain post by MacC, which she cited. So I revised my post to say SLAD's alert would have been bullshit too. But I wrote it poorly, so that it can be misunderstood. It creates the false impression that I saw an alert (which she may not have even submitted). I do not have access to alerts. THEN, SLAD revised her own post, so that it no longer cites the post by MacC. The result is that none of this evident and confusion arises. And so now I am forced to explain a trivial misunderstanding at length, since I am responsible for the unclear writing that caused it. Good enough? Are we all edified now? Was that worthwhile? Sorry!

If y'all had only made me Moderator-Dictator back then, none of this would be happening. Practically all of you would already be banned. :lovehearts:

JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:01 am

I know you all would love for me to change the title of this thread yet again so I am putting in a request to the mods for another more appropriate OP Image

......truth in advertising Image

ALERTS! How to "pipe bomb" a thread

ah that would be when

the real question is

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:37 am

Don’t tell me that ‘both sides’ need to do better

Eugene Robinson

“Both sides” are not responsible for the horrific political terrorism we have seen this past week. Only the right is to blame — starting with President Trump and his complicit enablers in the Republican Party.

They have been playing with fire. It was inevitable that people would get burned.

Am I not supposed to blame Trump? Well, he blames me. After at least 14 mail bombs were sent to prominent Trump critics and 11 innocent worshipers were slaughtered in a Pittsburgh synagogue, this is what the pyromaniac in chief had to say Monday morning on Twitter:

“There is great anger in our Country caused in part by inaccurate, and even fraudulent, reporting of the news. The Fake News Media, the true Enemy of the People, must stop the open & obvious hostility & report the news accurately & fairly. That will do much to put out the flame of Anger and Outrage and we will then be able to bring all sides together in Peace and Harmony. Fake News Must End!”

Divert, deflect, attack. Drive the wedge deeper. This is what Trump does — it’s the only thing he knows how to do — and the damage he is inflicting will not easily be repaired.

On Saturday, the Jewish sabbath, Pittsburgh’s vibrant Squirrel Hill neighborhood became the site of the worst attack against Jews in U.S. history. A gunman reportedly toting a military-style assault rifle and three handguns barged into the Tree of Life synagogue and began firing, killing eight men and three women because they were Jews.

An attack of this kind somewhere in the world perhaps should not have been a surprise. Leaders of Jewish organizations have reported a sharp rise in anti-Semitic incidents, including hate crimes, not just in the United States but in Europe and elsewhere as well.

But the alleged assailant, a 46-year-old loner named Robert Bowers, appears to have had a specific delusionary complaint. From his social media postings, he seems to have bought into an insane white-supremacist conspiracy theory about Jews seeking to diminish the power and influence of American whites by promoting a flood of nonwhite immigrants. An organization called HIAS — founded in 1881 as the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society to assist Jews fleeing European pogroms — was supposedly somehow involved.

How does this have anything to do with Trump?

Bowers apparently didn’t even like the president, believing him to be far too soft on immigration. But Bowers was fixated on the so-called caravan of Central American migrants, which Trump and the Republicans have cynically exploited to drive turnout in the midterm election. GOP candidates have portrayed the slow-moving column of asylum seekers — still about 1,000 miles from the border — as an imminent “invasion.” Trump actually used that word Monday in a tweet.

There is in fact no emergency, no invasion, no reason to panic. Trump and the Republicans helped convince Bowers otherwise.

The Pittsburgh massacre came one day after Cesar Sayoc, 56, was arrested for allegedly sending more than a dozen crude pipe bombs to high-profile critics of Trump, including former president Barack Obama, former secretary of state Hillary Clinton, former attorney general Eric H. Holder Jr., actor Robert De Niro and others.

Among the targets chosen by the alleged bombmaker was billionaire George Soros — who also features prominently in alleged shooter Bowers’s fantasyland as a purported financier of the nonwhite invasion.

Unlike Bowers, Sayoc is a fanatical supporter of Trump. The sides and windows of his van are plastered with pro-Trump stickers, including a picture of Clinton with the crosshairs of a gun scope on her face. On social media, Sayoc posted images of himself wearing a Make America Great Again cap at a Trump rally.

Sayoc was arrested two days after a gun-wielding man named Gregory Bush, 51, tried to force his way into an African American church near Louisville. When he could not get in, he went to a nearby grocery store, where he allegedly shot and killed two black customers at random. According to news reports, he told an armed white bystander who confronted him: “Please don’t shoot, and I won’t shoot you. Whites don’t kill whites.”

From the first day of his presidential campaign, Trump has whipped up anti-immigrant fervor and stoked racial animus. By obliterating normal boundaries of political speech, he has opened space for unapologetic advocates of white supremacy, anti-Semitism, misogyny and other biases to spew their venom.

And the GOP happily goes along.

Don’t tell me that “both sides” need to do better. Republicans who remain silent deserve to be swept out of office.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 5174ed2c49
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

A mass assassination attempt this week of trump's enemies

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:00 am

‘Trump’s Reichstag Fire’: Ex-GOP operative Steve Schmidt explains why Republicans have ‘blood on their hands’

Noor Al-Sibai

In a fiery interview with MSNBC’s Chris Hayes, former GOP operative Steve Schmidt compared last week’s right-wing terror attacks to the rise of Adolf Hitler and explained the Republicans’ role in the rising tide of white supremacist violence.

Schmidt noted that the “sick” and “evil” people who shot black people in a grocery store, mailed pipe bombs to prominent Democrats and CNN and killed multiple Jewish people in a synagogue in the last week were radicalized by Fox News and other media sites that make up the “right-wing propaganda industry.”

He went on to blast Trump, Fox News and the GOP for spreading the “giant lie” just before the midterm elections that a caravan of migrant Latin Americans making its way to the border is full of terrorists and invaders.

“This is Trump’s Reichstag Fire,” Schmidt said, referencing the arson of the Berlin Reichstag parliamentary building a month after Hitler was sworn in as the chancellor of Germany that the Nazis used to consolidate and seize power.

He went on to say that the “propaganda” machine commanded by Trump aide Kellyanne Conway and all those that disseminate it “have blood on their hands for the incitements that they have made that have triggered and radicalized these crazy people.”

Watch below via MSNBC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwxQYQB1zD0
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/trumps ... ood-hands/

Trump claims he can defy Constitution and end birthright citizenship

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/30/politics ... index.html

a Fox News guest says the migrants may have "leprosy" and warns that "they're gonna infect our people in the United States"

Wait!
They're going to have **SMALLPOX**?!??!
Where are they migrating from,
1976 (the year before we eradicated smallpox)?

btw

I should have never changed the title of this thread...give 'em an inch and they take a mile

A mass assassination attempt this week of trump's enemies

14 pipe bombs

A mass assassination attempt this week: 2 former Presidents; 2 former First Ladies; a former AG; a Holocaust survivor turned pro-democracy advocate; former CIA Director John Brennan; a Congresswoman Waters ....2 bombs.... the news enemy of trump CNN 3 bombs ......a bomb at Robert DeNiro's restaurant. ....and now a former Vice President Joe Biden

did anyone immediately know for a fact that these bombs would not go off?

what would you think if you saw this in YOUR mailbox ...for sure the first thing would be to check on line to see what the latest right wing conspiracy theory was and then decided

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Karmamatterz » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:00 pm

By a stereotype justified in hundreds of such cases, most everyone expected a white middle-aged man with right-wing ideology (living in a parking lot in Florida is overkill but consistent)

At the slight risk of veering off-topic.
If he had only been living down by a river instead of in a parking lot....

Karmamatterz

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:14 am

What is it with the left and violence...
Joe Hillshoist

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion