Censorship--WordPress, Twitter, etc

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Censorship--WordPress, Twitter, etc

Postby Heaven Swan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:24 pm

I've been wanting to start this thread for a while and finally have time.

Radical Feminists blogs have been shut down by Wordpress, most notably GenderTrender, and Meghan Murphy of Feminist Current has been permanently banned from Twitter. Radical Feminists aren't the only ones through, I didn't do anything when Alex Jones was taken down and certainly didn't shed any tears for Daily Stormer, but now I see the censorship march forward and I'm rethinking the old "I don't agree with what they say but will fight for their right to say it."

I hope this thread can be a place to share info about bannings and censorship, and perhaps strategize and trade tips. There are a lot of tech savvy posters and readers here. I'd love to hear any ideas about alternatives to Wordpress that people recommend.

I only recently heard a podcast by Jay Dyer who researches and comments on conspiracy related topics. His site was shut down by Wordpress a while back apparently. And Bonnie Faulkner and her program "Guns and Butter" was kicked off KPFK. I believe it's still on WBAI though.

I'm going to post some videos, etc by and about some of the censored parties to get the ball rolling. I'd really love to hear what posters (and lurkers of course) here think.
"When IT reigns, I’m poor.” Mario
Heaven Swan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Censorship--WordPress, Twitter, etc

Postby Heaven Swan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:28 pm

Social Media Feminist Censorship - GenderTrender, Meghan Murphy etc

The Censoring of Meghan Murphy, Radical Feminist
Heaven Swan

Postby Heaven Swan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Link to a recent Gun's and Butter Show with Jay Dyer as a guest. He analyses the film "Eyes Wide Shut" and speaks about being banned by Wordpress.

Foreshadowing, Ritual and Symbology in Film - Jay Dyer, #397

https://soundcloud.com/guns-and-butter- ... y-dyer-399

Heaven Swan

Postby Heaven Swan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:55 pm

Very interesting interview with a trans software developer who thinks Wordpress is making a big mistake with their new "no deadnaming"censorship campaign..

Trans Rights, Trans Wrongs, Trans Humanity, with Corinna
Heaven Swan

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:14 am

I have no dog whatsoever in the radical feminist vs. transgendered female fight because I do not personally know either.

I think people should be able to self-identify whatever gender they wish, but I also think XXs can very reasonably object to XYs' claims of facing terrible intersectionality.

One thing I have always hated is anyone who advocates censorship to silence opposition to their political views. The USA is a first amendment zone. People should be ready and willing to argue against views they disagree with.
stickdog99

Postby Heaven Swan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:41 am

Thanks for chiming in Stickdog, I was beginning to think no one cared. I guess it has been quiet around here, so that may be why, but our freedom to express opposing views is an important issue.

The bullying and silencing of Radical Feminists, the labeling them as haters just because they stand up for the safety of biological women is part of a troubling and ominous trend.
Last edited by Heaven Swan on Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heaven Swan

Postby Heaven Swan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:30 am

Because of the censorship of RadFems by Wordpress I have been looking into Jay Dyer who was banned by WP around the time that Alex Jones was censored, I believe.

I wasn’t familiar with Jay Dyer. He covers conspiracy-related material so I’m sure some here are familiar with him. He is a regular guest on Red Ice radio which I also hadn’t followed.

The left is in more trouble than I thought. When Jay Dyer riffs on current trends and events he expresses alt right sentiments (anti-Feminist, anti-immigrant...) but he is an excellent researcher and if you just follow his investigations into Hollywood and the media, you might not realize he’s alt-right because he’s intelligent, well-spoken, and does a good job of arguing his points.

Looking into him led me back to RI and to various old threads on Red Ice (Radio, productions...) There are some interesting comments by Jerky, Jakell and others about the intellectual wing of the hard right. I will reproduce one, by Jerky, here:

Jerky wrote:

Jerky » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:47 am"]Check the dates on the comments 8bit. This is a pretty old thread, which I kicked back because I was interested in jakell's earlier reaction to my claim that the "intellectual" wing of the hard right was gaining in influence and prominence - a fact that I believe is pretty much undeniable at this point. He said he didn't want to discuss it here because, I guess, we're "incapable" of discussing such subjects rationally (i.e. most of us refuse to lick jackboots or treat fascism as though it were akin to, say, mainstream political party affiliation, or self-proclaimed "liberalism" or "conservatism"). Anyway, most of us know Red Ice turned a long time ago, but the fact remains (and the point, at least on my end, is) that it wasn't ALWAYS that way. Furthermore, its "turn" came around the same time a lot of other "conspiracy" or "woo" related sites also went full fascist. This, I think, is an intriguing subject, worthy of deeper study and further inquiry.

One thing I'd like to do is make a list of the heaviest hitters among those sites - like Red Ice - that weren't fascist... until suddenly they were. Alex Jones' operations certainly fit the bill. Icke started shifting from Reptilians to "Rothschild Khazar Mafia Zionism" (dogwhistle overload) around the same time, too.

Can anybody else name others? If y'all come up with a list, I promise to do the Wayback Machine digging to trace the origins and timing of their fascist turn, after which we might be able to link it to some wider cultural shift (altho it certainly happened well after 9/11, IIRC, too far after 9/11 to blame it entirely on that catalyst).

Unfortunately this fascinating and important exploration was derailed, by Pizzagate and by RI sniping and silencing of conflicting viewpoints. This is the kind of discussion (about Red Ice) that I haven’t seen happen anywhere but RI and why I think losing this site would be a great loss.
Heaven Swan

Postby elfismiles » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:34 am

Thanks for trying, Heaven Swan.

I know I don't really participate too deeply here but I too would hate to see RI go away. I've watched its content-quality-quotient ebb and flow over the years and it hurts seeing the trend track its been on...

I've been talking lately with friends about the effect of trans issues on various sports as just one example of the impact of gender issues coming up against traditional feminism.

The Red Ice (Alt-RI?) conundrum seems like a fitting example of the dangers of stealth-fascism-creep, indeed.

Meanwhile ... as I tried to start a thread about this year's massive sea change / paradigm shift online:

Blacklisted: The Social Media Purge of 2018
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=41225&p=661378

And the relevance of related NEEDS to police and censor (or not?) the content on various platforms:

Re: elsagate
Postby elfismiles » 11 Sep 2018 16:57
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40620&p=663215

Anyway ... cheers: to trying to keep the civil (yet stimulating) conversations flowing!

:cheers:
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby overcoming hope » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:34 pm

I heard someone say that 'building a movement on social media is like building on a trap door.' I've always wanted ideas to stand or fall on their own merit (I will fix a yard sign of a politician that I hate for instance, while other people will go out of their way to chuck signs in the ditch they don't like) and when Jones was banned I was not happy, even though he taints everything he comes near and is absolutely terrible. I understood his banning would not be an isolated event and that eventually people that have pertinent messages would be banned. Now it seems pretty obvious, to me at least, that Jones was just the PR face of the banning precisely because he is so awful.
overcoming hope

Postby Heaven Swan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:31 pm

Western Media Blackout! Paris Week 9 Revealed
We Are Change
Heaven Swan

Postby Grizzly » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:52 am

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Heaven Swan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:14 am

Meghan Murphy hosted by WNTT - Washington DC
Heaven Swan

Postby Grizzly » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:01 am

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Heaven Swan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:22 am

Thanks for the soundtrack Grizzly, much appreciated. :sun:

I wasn’t sure whether to post this in this or the Yellow Vest thread, because he talks about censorship of We Are Change’s Yellow Vest reporting but I guess it goes here.

What Did YouTube Just Do?
We Are Change
Heaven Swan

Postby Grizzly » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:48 am

Funny, the title of this post with regards searching recent front page posts to find only one (thread) -this one- on page two. When usually there are 15. on page two posts to find only this one ...

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Next

Return to General Discussion