American Dream's Open Letter to Jeff Wells

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: American Dream's Open Letter to Jeff Wells

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:57 pm

MacCruiskeen » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:30 pm wrote:Does "A.D." ever answer a straight question? Does he have everyone at this Discussion Board "on ignore"?

He should go to work for Never A Straight Answer.

Or maybe he already does? :shrug:
Agent Orange Cooper

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Cordelia » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:17 pm

PufPuf93 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:50 pm wrote:I asked for a link to Jeff Wells FB several days ago and still have no answer from anyone and would still like that link.

Thank you, anyone, in advance.

The "Open Letter" made me angry at the moment in that I perceive it as an (unnecessary) attack on RI community but I also did not agree with AD getting a yeas suspension. But thought Elvis in general was doing an excellent job as Mod. Now I am curious about the inside scoop on just exactly what happened. Worry that JackR will not be back and did not agree with Rory getting banned and miss SRP, HM, etc.

PufPuf, I don't follow FB so don't know how to link or even find someone's page--I'd like to see it too; does anyone know if AD's 'Open Letter' was published on J. Well's Facebook?

I don't think Rory was banned, I believe he asked Elvis to permanently remove his membership. I miss HM too and didn't think he should have been banned, or 'backtoiam' (though I might have missed something about his posts). Unless someone has been warned about continued abuse of the rules, or proves him/herself to be a threat, banning someone for being more socially 'challenged' than is acceptable and is already feeling isolated seems like further punishment. imho.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby BenDhyan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:20 pm

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby DrEvil » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:24 pm

^^This page isn't available...

@Cordelia: If I remember correctly backtoiam was banned for posting a picture that he really, really shouldn't have (a fake ad for pedophiles), after already having received warnings for other alt-right stuff he posted.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby BenDhyan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:52 pm

Eh..what page are you referring to?
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:05 pm

Link works fine for me. You probably have to be friends with him on FB to view his page. Or at least logged in to your own account.
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby DrEvil » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:55 pm

@Ben: the one you posted to Jeff's fb page.

@AOC: Thanks, that's probably what it is. I'm never logged in and not friends with the boss-man.
DrEvil

Postby PufPuf93 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:51 am

PufPuf93

Postby Mask » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:26 am

Mask

Postby Cordelia » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:07 pm

DrEvil » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:24 pm wrote:^^This page isn't available...

@Cordelia: If I remember correctly backtoiam was banned for posting a picture that he really, really shouldn't have (a fake ad for pedophiles), after already having received warnings for other alt-right stuff he posted.

Thanks Dr., I didn't know.

And yeah, you have to be logged into FB to view FB, otherwise, you get...
This page isn't available.

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:00 pm

Bump,

for the hitherto pretendy-ignorant, for the actually ignorant, and for the discreetly silent and prudently non-committal.

Where did "A.D. aka American Dream" (sic) actually first post this screed? It matters.

Could someone with a Facespook account please do a search (if President Zuckerberg still permits such a thing)?

Thanks, if you do it, or if you at least try to do it.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby BenDhyan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:33 pm

^^ It does not appear on Jeff's FB timeline. I suspect the message may have been sent to Jeff's email, and then the content 'cross-posted' on RI.
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:53 pm

I figure A.D. may have e-mailed or PMed it to Jeff before posting it here, but didn't use FB. Even though that's where Jeff resides, nowadays. Whether it would be visible (either on Jeff's "timeline" or on one's own "newsfeed") depends on whether A.D. is "friends" with Jeff on FB, and how Jeff has set his profile settings. Almost all Jeff's posts are set to be seen by "friends" only, and it's likely he only lets "friends" or perhaps a more select group post on his timeline. (My posts are usually "public," but you still have to have an FB account to see anything on FB.) So, one cannot just post something on Jeff's timeline (or on anyone else's) so that everyone who visits it will see it. One can post something and "tag" him (include his FB name) and then he would see it. But the rest of the world would not necessarily see it, again depending on what settings Jeff (and the poster) chose. Also, of course, depending on what The Algorithm decides to front. It basically decides on 20 or 30 people it is going to show you ad infinitum (and to whom it may show your stuff) and excludes the world otherwise. Pretty much at what feels random, so that often I have to actively weed out total strangers (who however I accepted as "friends") whose stuff does not interest me. Out of hundreds of "friends" I get Jeff all the time, basically because I keep "liking" his stuff. And it really is well chosen stuff.

PS - Hard to say which of these two platforms is the worse timesuck or mindfuck, to be truthful.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby DrEvil » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:28 pm

The biggest mindfuck is clearly facebook. That's what they do - fuck with your mind. Their only purpose in life is to manipulate you into spending as much time there as possible ("engagement"). I can pretty much guarantee that they have rooms full of behavioral psychologists whose only job is to make sure you stay addicted. They stick you in an echo chamber on purpose, and you don't even want to know how many people think facebook is the Internet.
DrEvil

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:19 pm

Regarding FB: Yes.

Whereas RI (and Old Internet generally) is an open frontier for everyone who wants to invent and play out their own mindfuck, which obviously is... better? Maybe!

Now which is the bigger timesuck?

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion