The RI thread about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The RI thread about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:17 pm

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wrote:parents are criminaliized for trans kids

What? "Criminalized"? Really? For what, exactly?

AOC wrote:trans kids

What?
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:05 pm

^^^^^^^^^^

Indeed. That topic is worthy of its own thread. Hormone-altering drugs (and all manner of psychological priming) pushed on children who haven't even initiated, or completed, puberty. The fucking medical/pharma cartels at work. Yet again. Among other interests.

Of course, there are all types of humans in this world. The feeling of discomfort within one's body/sex is certainly not a new phenomenon. But it's not "organic" that there's been orders of magnitude increases in pre-teens/teens self-identifying as something other than male/female over the last ~5 yrs.

It would be naive to believe this isn't due at least in part to social conditioning/social media mechanisms, among other factors.

And it's absolutely not 'happenstance' that AOC raises this signal in that tweet. It's a topic of interest (i.e., yet another vehicle for altering mindsets/social customs, which ostensibly -- casually -- may be observed by some as another social trend to be accepted, but there's other agendas in play here) - and will continue to be so.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Harvey » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:30 pm

Belligerent Savant » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:05 am wrote:The feeling of discomfort within one's body/sex is certainly not a new phenomenon.

Predators instinctively know how to take down their prey, any emergent movement (read - weaponisable weakness) is almost certainly monitored in real time. It's even easier when every mediated voice belongs to the oligarchs.

But it's not "organic" that there's been orders of magnitude increases in pre-teens/teens self-identifying as something other than male/female.

Don't be too sure, yet. Total information awareness buys a certain amount of insight into what nature does quite naturally and long before anyone else notices. It could easily be that nature is doing something for good reasons, which the predators are seeking to re-direct, control and weaponise.

It would be naive to believe this isn't due at least in part to social conditioning/social media mechanisms, among other factors.

True.

And it's absolutely not 'happenstance' that AOC raises this signal in that tweet.

Absolutely not.

there's other agendas in play here) - and will continue to be so.

Exactly. To blithely assume there isn't is simply unsupported by everything in history.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:33 pm

Thoughtful responses. And this:

Harvey » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:30 pm wrote:
But it's not "organic" that there's been orders of magnitude increases in pre-teens/teens self-identifying as something other than male/female.

Don't be too sure, yet. Total information awareness buys a certain amount of insight into what nature does quite naturally and long before anyone else notices. It could easily be that nature is doing something for good reasons, which the predators are seeking to re-direct, control and weaponise.

Astute consideration -- it hadn't occurred to me. Worthy of further reflection as events/trends develop.
Belligerent Savant

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:04 pm

There is no such thing as a "trans kid". The whole notion is contemptible bullshit and any politician who even pays lip service to it is a charlatan complicit in child abuse. The mainstreaming of this junk was a significant new stage in the ongoing War on Reality.

There's a photo of me and my brother, taken by my aunt K. in the back court when we were 4 and 3 respectively. We're wearing tea towels for headscarfs and bathtowels for skirts, we're carrying our mother's & aunt's handbags, we're shuffling about in their big high-heeled shoes, and we're grinning our faces off. My aunt's penciled note on the back: "The boys 'being ladies' ".

More often at that age, we "identified as" lions and tigers, clearly an early sign that we were trans-species.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Grizzly » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:01 pm

Total information awareness buys a certain amount of insight into what nature does quite naturally and long before anyone else notices. It could easily be that nature is doing something for good reasons, which the predators are seeking to re-direct, control and weaponise.

This...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Gnomad » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:32 am

MacCruiskeen » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:04 am wrote:There is no such thing as a "trans kid". The whole notion is contemptible bullshit and any politician who even pays lip service to it is a charlatan complicit in child abuse. The mainstreaming of this junk was a significant new stage in the ongoing War on Reality.

There's a photo of me and my brother, taken by my aunt K. in the back court when we were 4 and 3 respectively. We're wearing tea towels for headscarfs and bathtowels for skirts, we're carrying our mother's & aunt's handbags, we're shuffling about in their big high-heeled shoes, and we're grinning our faces off. My aunt's penciled note on the back: "The boys 'being ladies' ".

More often at that age, we "identified as" lions and tigers, clearly an early sign that we were trans-species.

I most strongly disagree with you on this.

I was married for a long time to a trans man - that is, born into a female body but always identified as male. From his childhood pictures you could see already at age 7 that he looked much more like a boy, even thou of course was dressed in girls clothes back then. He told me that he always felt he was a boy, from at least about age 7 or 8. At 12 he started using boyish clothes and cut his hair short.

That never changed, from teen age on he realized he actually was a man, but in the wrong body. Never felt comfortable in it.

When we were living together, he would pass as a man to many people, even though he did not start hormone therapy or have surgery, simply started living life as he wanted. Was able to change his name to a gender-neutral one too, even though the official gender was still female.

Many trans people have known it from very early childhood.

What I do agree on is that one should not go lightly to things like gender surgery or hormone therapy, and I for one am of the opinion that society should accommodate peoples identities as they are, without mandating drastic changes to ones body or hormones. One should be free to do as they choose though, when they are adults and have had time to consider everything.

But society should not push you into anything like that. In some traditional societies people were far more free to live their lives as they identified.

Examples -
https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/conten ... equality/#!
https://www.rewire.org/two-spirited-third-gender/
la nuit de tous approche
Gnomad

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:58 pm

Gnomad, my objection was specifically to the cant term "trans kids", to the junk "science" behind it, and to the "caring" careerist politicians who mouth that phrase so opportunistically without the slightest care for the damage it has done and is doing to countless children (and adults) worldwide.

(I want to say more about this later, but I have to go out now. Is there already a dedicated RI thread for this topic?)

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:18 pm

Belligerent Savant » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:16 pm wrote:.

Excellent piece. Thorough and germane to this thread.

The New Authoritarians

Woke professionals acting as the indentured servants of a fearful oligarchy have become everything we were told to fear from Trumpism

BY

ALEX GUTENTAG
MARCH 29, 2022
Tablet Magazine

It is also the inevitable outcome of a discourse that allows some of the most powerful people to depict themselves as helpless and persecuted. When The New York Times editorial board recently decried the culture of “social silencing” that has permeated most American institutions, some prominent progressives were incensed. New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (whose election to Congress was powered by the most gentrified neighborhoods in her district) argued that only the left is subject to real censorship, and that concerns about cancel culture are merely “about protecting bigots from feeling embarrassed in public.” Ocasio-Cortez seemed to forget that she has explicitly advocated for censorship herself on more than one occasion. In 2019, she called on Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg to “take down lies,” and in 2021 she pressured Apple and Google to remove Parler, a social media service popular among conservatives, from their app stores after the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t think she’s calling for real censorship because she believes that the entire political opposition is composed of violent domestic terrorists bent on killing her. (She was not in the Capitol building on Jan. 6.) It is precisely her self-image as a perpetual victim that allows her to justify a tyrannical approach.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news ... oritarians
Belligerent Savant

Postby Elvis » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:55 pm

"I'm fine—sorry, I just don't see a problem," said every reactionary, self-enclosed anticommunitarian gender bigot who ever lived.

MacCruiskeen » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:04 pm wrote:There is no such thing as a "trans kid". The whole notion is contemptible bullshit and any politician who even pays lip service to it is a charlatan complicit in child abuse. The mainstreaming of this junk was a significant new stage in the ongoing War on Reality.

“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Elvis » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:05 am

"My healthcare coverage is just fine—I don't see the problem."

"When I got laid off, I found another job right away—I don't see the problem."

"I paid off my student loans—I just don't see the problem."

"My gender orientation is normal and healthy—I can't see a problem."
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Elvis » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:06 am

Is there any more bullshit people want to bring up to distract attention from the problems of employment, health, housing, education, and climate?
Elvis

Postby PufPuf93 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:09 am

Elvis » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:06 pm wrote:Is there any more bullshit people want to bring up to distract attention from the problems of employment, health, housing, education, and climate?

I know this is not practical but I would like to see what would happen if AOC spent 20 hours a week handcuffed to Nancy Pelosi and 10 hours each handcuffed to McConnell, McCarthy, Schumer, and Harris.

I know this is asking much of AOC.

Add a Secret Service security detail to keep things calm and kind.
PufPuf93

Postby stickdog99 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:39 am

Elvis » 01 Apr 2022 04:06 wrote:Is there any more bullshit people want to bring up to distract attention from the problems of employment, health, housing, education, and climate?

Yeah. I have some bullshit I would like to bring up.
stickdog99

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:41 pm

Emphases added:
Elvis » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:55 pm wrote:
"I'm fine—sorry, I just don't see a problem," said every reactionary, self-enclosed anticommunitarian gender bigot who ever lived.
MacCruiskeen » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:04 pm wrote:There is no such thing as a "trans kid". The whole notion is contemptible bullshit and any politician who even pays lip service to it is a charlatan complicit in child abuse. The mainstreaming of this junk was a significant new stage in the ongoing War on Reality.

Your response is just a string of cheap insults, most of them nonsensical confusionist media buzzwords that (like the media buzzword "trans kids" itself) didn't even exist a decade ago. ("Anticommunitarian"? "Gender bigot"? WTAF?) None of them in any way constitutes an honest or rational response to anything I actually wrote. As for "reactionary" and "self-enclosed": exactly what justifies either of those epithets?

You posted that response twelve (in figures:12) days after my post, on the second anniversary of my banning. Maybe it was just designed to provoke a response from me so angry that it would serve as a pretext for a second ban. I don't know. In any case, I haven't provided such a pretext. (Not that this will necessarily help me.)

People can read.

MacCruiskeen » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:58 am wrote:Gnomad, my objection was specifically to the cant term "trans kids", to the junk "science" behind it, and to the "caring" careerist politicians who mouth that phrase so opportunistically without the slightest care for the damage it has done and is doing to countless children (and adults) worldwide.

(I want to say more about this later, but I have to go out now. Is there already a dedicated RI thread for this topic?)

Apparently there wasn't, so Belligerent Savant started one an hour or two later, where the discussion continues:

On "Trans Kids" and related topics..
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42325&p=703203#p703203

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion